Lets say i need a multipurpose rifle around the farm for possibly killing predators going after cattle like wolves or...

Lets say i need a multipurpose rifle around the farm for possibly killing predators going after cattle like wolves or whatever but also self defense is there a single weapon good for that or is it bad to be stingy and buy one gun for two different purposes

Attached: iu[1].jpg (3060x2032, 954K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cogburnarsenal.com/product/mini-14-clip-guide-582/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ar15

i should also mention i really love the SKS (based yugoslavia) and thought it would be a great multi purpose gun but at the same time i think i might be just having wishful thinking and possibly being too idealistic

Attached: iu[1].jpg (1024x768, 190K)

AR-15/AKM
the threads titled (QTDDTOT) are for questions such as this

Attached: 1556143815671.jpg (540x727, 49K)

sorry i barely ever browse Jow Forums ill use QTDDTOT next time

also thanks ar-15 seems pretty good especially if wolves come in packs thanks for the advice

HEY BOSS

Attached: 1563237584406.jpg (809x490, 77K)

ar 10

Im gonna miss him

Gosh, you know how I’m gonna spend my Monday night? Zooming in on cow pictures for something funny
t.hobbyless

>Hey I need an AR
>What do I get?

>Gosh, you know how I’m gonna spend my Monday night? Replying to cow pictures for something funny
>t.hobbyless
lol

Also is fine get em while he getting is good also ammo is cheap as fuck (steel cased)

scout rifle. savage might be best

>get em while he getting
the fuk
>ammo is cheap as fuck
good to know since i would rather get ammo in bulk and not have to make so many trips since i'll be in the far country

do you think it would be fine for hunting? the SKS has a bolt action mode which i assume is for hunting and more powerful shots but would it actually be up to standard or would i be making a mistake here?

Are you concerned about distressing the cattle? I would go with .22 hornet.

30-30 lever gun my nig

Not very home defense capable. When shit inevitably hits the fan OP will be wishing he had gone semiauto.
That said, I do love the Savage Scout.

>Current year tier
AR15 or AR10, AK variants
>I'm scared of black rifles tier
Mini14, SKS
> More than one shot at a time scares me tier
Remington 700, Ruger Precision / etc.
>Cowboy Tier
45-70 lever gun
>1776 Tier
Kentucky / Pennsylvania rifle

i never thought of distressing the cattle but now that you mention it do you think it would have any actual affects on the cattle? my bet is maybe it wont be that bad long term but short term it could cause some noise and ruckuss

besides i would rather have them safe and scared than dead but ill check out the .22 hornet regardless
i always found lever action guns cool but they dont seem that practical to me beyond asthetic but ill take a look
good list ill check out all the guns
also AK 47 is shit tier only good for mass cheap production unlike sks with bolt action hunting mode semi auto and super fast self loading clips making it easy to get back to shooting if need be IMO seem really reliable but im biased and the other anons made great points about the ar-15 being wayyyyy better and i looked it up it seems so much better for wolf packs if the time came that they come for the cattle thanks for the list man

> bolt action hunting mode
> more powerful shots
Real guns don't work that way user. If you're not trolling, find someone to teach you how to shoot.

>>get em while he getting
>the fuk
Sorry typing on phone half asleep in a different country for now

>the SKS has a bolt action mode which i assume is for hunting and more powerful shots
Never heard of this but it's semi auto and decently accurate and you could use striper clips,hand load em or get a kit to make en use ak mags nifty rifle with history not as cheap as the used to be but still fun and they usually come with a bayonet if that's your thing
I also have an AR and other rifles but I just like using my chink sks

I think he's talking about the Yugo gas shutoff on their SKSs, but that's for launching grenades with blanks - not "hunting mode."

That would make some sense I guess

pretty good list here. mini 14 or a cheap ruger bolty boi is what I would probably go with myself

Attached: Mini-30.jpg (640x480, 56K)

I wanna see some kind of semi automatic, steel and wood new production sks/mini 14 hybrid maybe using a new action, that has a 10 round internal magazine that can be fed from stripper clips, and that is available in common calibers ranging from .223 and 7.62x39 on up to more common hunting calibers. I would cum if it were available in 30/30 Winchester for some reason. Semi auto, easy to clean, doesn’t require magazines. They could even make a mini version of it in .357 magnum, 7.62 tokarev, .30 carbine, .22 hornet, 44 magnum, etc. I would buy a bunch just because I have had this concept in my head for a while and I want it

yeah dont worry im just half retarded
it was just assumption but then for what reason would they have bolt action modes? ive seen the SKS in videos with a bolt action mode and the guy in the video tightened some screw or bolt and when shot it did not load into the chamber rather you had to cokc it back you know like how bolt action stuff normally work

oh fuck now i feel like a massive dumb ass that makes a ton more sense

>doesn’t require magazines
you’re that fucker from the other thread

OP here though im my experience with guns is almost non existent i love think the SKS seems really cool because of how fast you can load it because it has no clips to deal with

>killing predators

Attached: Sexual Tyrannosaurus.jpg (1280x692, 39K)

trust me, you don’t want what this other user is shilling. there’s a reason most people use mags in their auto and bolt guns

yeah i guess that makes sense but what is it about mags that are so much better? my guess would be its faster or more reliable but the time it takes to put away an empty mag and put in a fresh one is significantly more than it take to pop in a clip since you don't necessarily need to keep the metal strip afterwards along with not dealing with empty clip to begin with
or maybe mags are good for clip size rather than reliability but dont start thinking im a know it all im just taking a guess here

same user. honestly I wouldn’t worry about internal vs external. just pick a gun that fits your purpose. if you want to take a lot of rapid shots, you’ll probably want a semiauto and external magazine. otherwise it’s not going to matter much. only problem with clip loaders is if you’re gonna use a scope

AK is objectively better

The only thing the SKS does better than the AK is that you can enjoy shooting longer with the same amount of ammo because it holds less

yeah i think your right the main predators for cows are coyotes and as long as i can land a shot i should be fine i just wanted to get your guy's opinion since i never really had any valuable experience b4
The ak is just a cheap full auto rifle with no special qualities only the Sudanese and sub Saharan's use them the AR-15 does objectively better than it

>i never thought of distressing the cattle
Just shoot while well away from them. Rifles are standoff weapons. You do not need to be right up on them.

yeah that makes sense as long as im able to land a shot fast enough ill do perfectly fine

Depends on how big your farm is. I use a 30/30 because i don't shoot past probably 100 meters. I shoot pigs and goats and kangaroos mainly. The occasional wild dog.

An AR or AK. I'd advise an AR because of their extensive aftermarket and modularity, since you want a do-it-all gun. Both are generally adequate to put down wildlife on any number of legs and take reasonably priced intermediate rounds. 5.56 comes in wider variety and is more common, but obviously ARs come in a wide variety of calibers. Please remember to account for overpenetration so you don't hurt your loved ones.

i plan on going to either Argentina or maybe Montana because i just want somewhere where it isn't full of filthy degenerates

>Semiauto sporting rifle
.223 I'd say a AR15A4 is you need an accurate long barrel or a S&W MP15 Sport ll if you want a cheap and reliable carbine, .308 PSA or M1A Scout Squad (this one is a scout rifle, though some people think of the concept as a meme) or...or if you don't want a black rifle, maybe you're a racist or something, you can get an Mini 14 Ranch rifle.
>Lever gats
Marlin 1895 in .45-70
Winchester in .30-30
>Bolty bois
Ruger guide gun (If you want to hit hard, go .300 Win Mag or .30-06)
Mossberg MVP Scout or Patrol
If you wish to go full-on Fudd Assassin Winchester Model 70
Again, this are some ideas, you choose what you can afford and what accomodates to your preferences and need, godspeed bro

Attached: 600px-Gd18.jpg (600x285, 62K)

>maybe Montana
I have planned to go there once I get my shit together, it might be just the right place for me.

over penetration would be a very wise thing for me to consider i wont go full retard on some cyotes ill just make sure my shots land and all that ill keep my cattle WELL protected and do my damn hardest to leave them without a scratch
thanks for the reply user you made a really organized list ill check this all out

Kimber Hunter, or nicer version if you have the money, in 6.5cm with a lightweight variable optic. You get a full power cartridge in a 5 pound rifle that you won’t leave on the ATV. Alternative/supplemental is a Glock 20 or 21 converted to .460bearfucker.

Sure thing, dude
Also some notes:
>if you enjoy using stripper clips, or you worry about the weight of magazines, the Mini 14 has the option of having a stripper clip guide mounted on (They are made by Cogburn Arsenal) cogburnarsenal.com/product/mini-14-clip-guide-582/
>The M1A Scout Squad comes with a rail included, though a bit more to the front than you might expect.
>The MVP accepts AR15 magazines or AR10 mags, depending on caliber.
>Some toher levergats come with rails, for optics, the ones I mentioned are just examples, but not exclusively what you should buy.

Attached: blessedholster.jpg (500x500, 66K)

HELL YEAH thanks a ton dude
Jow Forums is officially my new favorite board fuck Jow Forums

seriously, leave. we dont want you here

Attached: 027768.jpg (326x236, 12K)

dont worry i wont fuck up your board with incel posting ill just lurk until i actually understand whats going on i wont fuck up your board i promise

Calm down, Ivan

Attached: 1562991643900.jpg (858x536, 75K)

An ar-10
>customizable
>can use 6.5 creedmoor for the “so accurate it’s boring”, or 7.62 real nato for the cost
>mostly cheap & easily upgraded and assembled

>so accurate it's boring
considering my lack of skill i would want my cattle in good hands and will genuinely consider this
but if i do end up customizing it what would be some options? i wouldn't imagine i would need much for defending some cows

he’s already been posting a bunch of retarded shit in our threads and it’s so fucking obvious it’s the same guy

>that clean as fuck 74m
I bet it smells just like it did when it came out of the factory.

if you're talking about that guy who said something about stripper clips and was shilling exclusively self loading guns i swear to god it wasn't me i dont know much about guns man alright respond to both his posts and mine and i can take a screenshot of it showing which ones have (you)'s on them proving their mine

iirc some rifles were taken from a Ukrainian police station or military base that was surrounded by separatists.

>Lets say i need a multipurpose rifle around the farm for possibly killing predators going after cattle like wolves or whatever but also self defense is there a single weapon good for that or is it bad to be stingy and buy one gun for two different purposes
If you were actually in that position. you'd already own a shotgun.

nah you’re fine then. no one needs a bayonet and sure internal mags may work for some but even on a hunting bolty boi I prefer removable mags

>bolt action mode
>more powerful shots

Attached: 1487196969487.jpg (564x400, 47K)

If I were OP that would be the perfect excuse to get me a Ruger American in 7.62x39. But I also understand some people would rather buy a fully semi automatic gun. So it's just my opinion for an "always there, dont give a fuck about abuse" rifle

Almost killed a few rustlers with a win 94 and a ruger vaquero. Killed quite a few coyotes and prairie niggers with them too.

bolty bois are great but I’d get a different caliber myself

What if he's new to farming?

>AK47 is shit tier
Boomer detected. But seriously, go check out videos by guys like Robski. He's got/had a WASR that's 10k rounds down the barrel and he put up a nice 2-4 inch group with it which is pretty standard for mil spec rifles in general. But don't buy American. American AK's are indeed shit tier.

Attached: 1548006963344.png (571x337, 271K)

what kind of shotguns would you recommend
do you think i would ever be in a situation where the coyotes where so far out in the pastures that i would need a longer range weapon?

Except that it isnt.
Go jerk your little dick and shove a vodka bottle up your ass, red loving faggot.

This mound sound fucking crazy but why dont you keep your cows away from wolf territory and keep an eye on them. Again I might be insane here but it seems to me that if you have to kill the wildlife, you are probably doing something stupid.

fpbp

>I need a multipurpose rifle
>for defense against human-sized predators and humans

What in the name of yeehaw punisherskull thin blue line don't tread on me fuddlore is this post on about

Attached: marlin-1894-1.jpg (1200x286, 331K)

AR, you idiot. Predator hunting and self defense are literally the two things it does best. Get an 18" free float upper from a manufacturer of repute with an LPVO, quality rifle light, cheap out on the rest. There you go.

>the SKS has a bolt action mode which i assume is for hunting and more powerful shots
thats grenade launcher setting from back in the day of rifle grenades nigger. youtube rifle grenades, they stick in the barrel and normally get lobbed out using a blank cartridge.

you can load an ar15 far faster than you can an sks user

this gun looks fucking amazing i love that you load through the side rather than a time consuming tube near the end of the barrel
ill look at this gun thanks man

Honestly any gun. A .308 bolt action would be fine but you're limited in capacity if they're getting attacked by a pack of wolves or something. An AR is ok, 5.56 is meh and make sure you don't let the lube dry up. An AK or SKS would be better, good caliber and you don't have to baby it. AKs and SKSs are a bit on the expensive side today vs. a basic bitch AR. There's also .308 ARs.

If I were in your shoes I'd opt for an AR if I were poor, a VEPR if I wasn't.

He cute

Wars are okay, they're like middle quality. The AK100 types like Saigas and RPK types like the VEPR are great quality. They can be 1-2 MOA. I must have gotten lucky or they accurized my Saiga, I typically get just outside of 1MOA with wolf or golden tiger.

Modern AKs being inaccurate is a meme. You can hit and kill what you're shooting at from a reasonable intermediate caliber distance.

The dude is actually going to use his gun. Free float = handguard bends if dropped. AR = doesn't function when lube dries up, doesn't function if dropped on the buffer tube, doesn't function if the upper gets bent slightly, and lolzworthy caliber. It's just not something I recomend to people who aren't just getting a gun to put holes on paper and MAYBE use someday if we ever go boogaloo. If you're carrying something around all day you don't want something you have to baby.