Gas Mask thread

Can we have a gas mask thread
>reeee Gasbro lol XD
yes I was actually here for that thread and outside of the screencap it was both fake and gay (gasbro is actually sunburn bro)

I actually wanted to discuss gas masks for real
was wondering if the Israeli gas mask was any good
im a poorfag and my boogaloo plan does not include any extended shootouts but I would like to have something for the wife an I if the government decides to agent orange the mountainside or wildfires
was also thinking of getting one for the shop when I do hazardous shit or would a respirator be better
pic and link related
>armysurplusworld.com/israeli-civilian-gas-mask?gclid=Cj0KCQjwyLDpBRCxARIsAEENsrIV9bk9VFOYHG2qsRBantGdkRQYrtNUbfuf5QgDbxOQ0hFELN9J9wwaAllkEALw_wcB

Attached: israeli-gas-mask_1.jpg (800x800, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B07N9B58JB/ref=sspa_dk_detail_3?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07N9B58JB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump for opinons

Attached: 1561739092654.jpg (500x375, 19K)

Bump because I am diagnosed with retard.

Buy a 3M respirator or, in a pinch, stretch a thin wet cloth over your mouth (tie behind head,) for shop shit.

Most gas masks are good. They'll do the job. What you're looking for is NATO filters, I've never heard of an asbestos NATO filter. A decently priced filter is the Polish FP-5.

Attached: 1544330992886.gif (600x534, 166K)

The Shalon Model No.4A1 is perfectly fine if you're an poorfag
just keep in mind several things:
>make sure it fits and seals properly
if possible, get respirator test fit ampules to check the seal. you have no guarantees with milsyhit masks
>have unopened filters no more than 10 years past expiry if you want any legitimate protection
any 40mm filters made by 3m or msa that are cbrn rated will do
>make sure the mask is NOT used
there are a few exceptions to this, but if possible, try to get a brand-new mask
Also for every legit 4A1, there are about 500 Chinese bong mask clones, be careful when buying.

if the "3M" respirator is a 6800 or 7800 series, then yes. If it's a half mask, don't use it against anything that affects the eyes or skin

>A decently priced filter is the Polish FP-5
beastoree is a dumb, lying (((salesman))) and you shouldn't listen to anyone that shills them
FP-5 is a meme they made up to sell more shit that kiddos otherwise wouldn't have touched
just don't buy GOST-threaded masks

Attached: C420 PAPR Blower Unit with M45 Land Warrior Mask (3).jpg (3872x2592, 3.07M)

would this gas mask ruin the cheekweld because of the side-mounted canisters?

amazon.com/dp/B07N9B58JB/ref=sspa_dk_detail_3?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07N9B58JB

is there a go-to gas mask with a drink tube and center-mounted canister?

>>have unopened filters no more than 10 years past expiry if you want any legitimate protection
proof?
activated charcoal works as a physical filter, it doesn't absorb anything if it has no air exchange.
At most you could argue that the material physically degrades over time, but I don't actually know if that's true or not.
>FP-5 is a meme
cool story bro

Yeah that would ruin the cheekweld
>go-to mask with drink tube and center-mounted canister
I'm planning on buying a MP-5 soon and it has both of those. I also think that I would like it because of the panoramic lens. And before anyone gets retarded about panoramic lenses, I know it will distort vision somewhat, it's not that big of a deal.

>that kid in the gas suit
fucking kino
ww3 is gonna be so lit

Czech CM-6M. It's shown with two in the image, but it's really only supposed to be used with one. I presume it comes with a blanking plug for the other side you're not using the canister on.

There's more to filters than just charcoal, stuff can brak down and lose effectiveness even while sealed. I say ten years as an example, but really anything past the expiry is making you exempt from suing the company out the ass for potential health problems.

>FP-5 is a meme cool story bro
I literally know dudes who've ordered those shitty meme filters from beastoree and got damaged ones
your funeral bro
I'd trust kommandostore before I trust beastoree
the dude literally just makes up shit to get it to sell faster

Attached: CM-6M.jpg (780x600, 50K)

eh im not big on that syle, my wife is the type that has to overthink and overdo everything
simpler would be safer
looking at used MSA meliniums
any reason not to get a used mask and test it?

>filter is a meme because I got a broken one :(
not how that works retard
>buying at all from beastoree
your bad

You also seem to be lacking with this proof thing. It's up to you to back your claim but here's a question. Is there an expiry date because they need one or because there's regulation requiring one?

>Ordered pic related
>Supposed to arrive last Friday
>Delayed
>Supposed to arrive today
>Delayed
Why even live?

Attached: HungMask.png (580x468, 367K)

>Ordered pic related
>Why even live?
yeah idk how you havent forgotten to breathe either
seriously you dont expect to wear that in the boog do ya

all of my trusted masks are used, it's just a matter of making sure you get one in good or like-new condition if you can't actually get something brand new

millenniums are okay, but I wouldn't pay more than $50 for one, personally.

I haven't bought shit from beastoree, don't get uppity
it's a meme because it's shitty surplus that they're claiming is brand new and totally safe that you can use your 80+ year old slavshit design that you got for your 16th birthday just so they can make a quick buck

funny how you're only interested in investigating claims that seem like they aren't the cheap way out but will totally believe the first thing a random ebay seller will say

>Is there an expiry date because they need one or because there's regulation requiring one?
it's called planned obsolescence - companies set a date that they guarantee the filters will protect you by and anything past that makes them exempt from liability
basically, filters can be used past their expiry, but don't expect to pull a 40+ year old canister out of a dust and rat-piss filled warehouse and expect it to function the same as a filter that was made 10 years ago

>Is there an expiry date because they need one or because there's regulation requiring one?
It depends on the type of filter. Particulate filters don't degrade, but chemical filters contain activated carbon which will slowly react with chemicals that off-gas from other parts of the filter and any outside air that manages to leak in. The expiration dates are probably quite conservative, but the effectiveness of a carbon filter will degrade over time.

Nah, I like the aesthetics.

Attached: M8 Snout Mask Restoration (5).jpg (3872x2592, 2.84M)

when you die im gonna take your boots
be nice to them boots

Attached: images.jpg (259x194, 4K)

only redditfaggots use the term boogaloo