No forward assist

Thoughts on building something around this

Attached: 12F05359-7D21-43A8-9089-ED467113A6BA.png (1242x2208, 496K)

Sure, why not? Next time use the qtddtot

Make sure to get yourself a flat wire spring and remember not to drive the bolt carrier forward with the charging handle

Attached: Tomorrow.png (317x77, 2K)

Have 2 like em. Look around, you can get em around $50

It's a good way to signal to those around you that you are a faggot.

Would this with a1 furniture be sac religious?

Forward assist is a meme.

Attached: babby hands bantam.jpg (2600x1733, 1.39M)

This I really like.
Well played

>forward assist
most useless piece of shit ever. it was NEVER needed. no one ever needs it. if you need it, your gun is shit and you need to service is. period.

>forward assist is a meme

Ah. I love how the people who never actually take their guns out and put more than 120 rounds between cleanings out themselves like this.

Attached: 1559000663299.jpg (300x300, 20K)

L85A1 is the only gun that really needs FA because it's a massive piece of bong shit.
the fact that no others guns have FA should tell you all about its usefulness. if your requires FA because you can't chamber a round when you've fired few hundred rounds, your gun's a defective piece of shit and you should either replace it or fix it (some cannot be unfucked however).

Not in Stoner's eyes -- it'd probably be closest to his actual intended vision for the AR-15. From a strict historical authenticity standpoint then, yeah, it's heresy.

FA is actually pretty nice when you're trying to chamber a round quietly, without letting the bolt slam with all its force. Often it won't have enough oomph to place the round fully in battery, so you can nudge the assist to fully close the bolt. Other than that, yeah, it's kind of a meme.

>100 smackaroos for that
I'm not sure about that senpai

When the fuck would you ever need to do this.

Psg1 has it

On ambush, or any other time you might want to chamber a round and not let everyone within 30 meters know you did it.

If you're ambush can be compromised by the enemy hearing the action of your weapon, it's can be fucked by an entire number of other uncontrollable factors. You can just as easily knock a rock over by accident, at least that doesn't entail have a "jam my shit up" button on the side of your rifle.

Attached: 1394092863271.jpg (420x390, 44K)

I use mine when hunting to silently chamber a round

That's retarted. Why don't you already have a round chambered?

You missed the actual salient objection, which is that you should already have a fucking round chambered on the ambush line. "Well all these other things could go wrong" is not a convincing argument as to why you shouldn't control every factor you can, by the way. I doubt the FA was put in for this reason, but it's a valid use case for it, no matter how stubbornly you want to thinly and categorically deny it while posting image macros.

>retarted
This aside, you're not wrong. You could forget to chamber a round though.

Literally never needed forward assist in six years of infantry service.

AK has an FA.

The only reason it was put in was because the ordinance department is full on retard. There's no practical need for it.

I've already laid out an actual use case for it and you're just going to ignore it? Ok.

>complaining about reaction images on an imageboard
Nigger you have to be baiting me with this abject retardation.

I'm not good at dealing with people as many standard deviations below me as you seem to be, if that's what you came away from my post with.

How the fuck do you forget to chamber a round on an ambush? You patrol to an ambush you should already be ready to go.

Except your case for it is completely ignorant of all realities. Not a step is taken off base where there isn't already a round chambered.

Shit happens. I've seen it. If you've been sleeping for two hours a night for a week, shit starts slipping.

All it takes is a sleepy private and a distracted NCO.

reciprocating charging handle is not FA you dumb retard.

Shut up larping fag, a round is chambered the second you actually do anything. Never seen anyone ever be in this situation when I was in. Besides, how would said retard even know they forgot to chamber a round? They would simply go to fire and hear a click.

>What is "Nobody move until I say so"
>What is SPORTS?

After one too many ND's in the truck on my last deployment, it came down from battalion that we were no longer to be red while mounted. This was the preface for the aforementioned private who didn't have a round chambered on ambush. Roll out of the COP with no round chambered, dismount n klicks from ambush, private forgets to chamber round on the movement.

Post your MOS, year and province you deployed, and the FOB you operated out of.

I did 8 years as a pog and qualified expert every six months and got out before I even knew what the fuck the foreword assist was for.

>"dismount"

Shut the fuck up, you didnt ambush shit.

You're right, we spent four hours on line that night and nothing happened. If you're who you say you are you should know intimately how retarded people in the army are. Post deployment or fuck off, getting tired of the LARPing.

>ambush
>OIF/OEF
Confirmed for larper

>he's never been on an ambush.
Kek. Guessing you've never been deployed either. Or even enlisted for that matter.

Ah. Cav.
It looks like is saying that in the event of an ambush, if PV2 Rock decided not to chamber a round on the movement, when the call came to open fire (with the most casualty producing weapon, i.e. your 240/249/320), PV2 Rock would have his gun go down for the eh seconds it would take to execute SPORTS.
This is an accident, not a use case.
The fact is that the FA is a solution looking for a problem.

>ambush
>OIF/OEF
ok retard

Ambush was an example. If you'd read my original post, my defense of the FA overall was actually extremely reserved and lukewarm. If I have to state it explicitly, I'm not completely sold on the feature at all but it actually does have one very real use case where it facilitates chambering a round silently. The rest of the fuck fuck games are self important douche nozzles trying to play top infantryman online.

Also, not cav, Strykers.

I don't know how to convince you that I've been on more than a few ambushes. The terrain of southeast Afghanistan lends itself to them very well.

This guy
was most likely in Iraq, where there was never parity in forces past 2007.
All I've read tells me that force parity was much more common in AFG, and it's possible S2 came back with "hey, ambush these Tali guys, intel says they're gonna be at this grid in x hours", only to end up with some napping grunts in an L shape.

I had to use the forward assist on my M16A4 a couple of times when it was really dirty. I wouldn’t say it’s pointless.

I know what it's for, never needed it because I cleaned my weapon after firing it.

I'm talking about Afghanistan. This was Kandahar in '09, back when it was still a major Taliban stronghold. I'm not sure why an ambush is such a hard thing for people to imagine. Shit has probably changed in the literal 10 years since my deployment, but when I was in country, operations were extremely kinetic focused. We had a rogue brigade commander who said fuck COIN and had us moving to actually engage the Taliban as our primary focus.

You ain’t ambushed shit since blue phase at Jackson

Fuck off zoomer. I've never even been to fucking Jackson.

>Strykers
Oof. Bless y'all.
Me, I'm a POG and I know it, I just don't like the FA.

>I went to Jackson, the post.

Why the fuck are you waiting for the animal to be in earshot to chamber a round? You do that first thing when you get out to the field

More like just graduated OSUT and thinks that it really matters.

I wasn’t accusing you buddy. I was sharing my personal experience. Of course I learned SPORTS but I never needed it for realzies. That being said I probably wouldn’t buy am upper without one. I have looked into recip left side charging handle but they are expensive.

Same reason retards are apparently doing it while on an ambush line.

Hard to imagine there is anyone on this board a full standard deviation below you, Ricky Retardo

SPORTS is just retarded though, and I've seen it fuck things up more often than fix them. Remedial action should be as follows:
1. slap mag
2. chamber another round
3. attempt to fire
failure to fire
4. pull bolt back and figure out problem

If you think it's farfetched for someone to forget to chamber a round on deployment you've never been deployed in a capacity where you really understand how little sleep you get. This is an extremely minor fuck up, the kind that happens literally every day, in a space where fatigue induced major fuck ups aren't that uncommon either. You have an incredibly naive idea about the fallibility of the sleep deprived human mind.

Your failure to feed just became a double feed.
That's why we OBSERVE the chamber before RELEASING the charging handle.

You are right bro. The only place it comes in handy is the range when you get two twenty round mags and flinging one out really fucks you. Believe me dude in pog land if you qualify with 22 out of forty they don’t let you try again and you gotta rock the gay badge on your class A’s for a year.

Literally never seen it ever. I've seen and personally done a ton of fuck ups because of sleep deprivation. There's a round in the chamber the second you actually are about to do shit. If not, then that's the fault of whatever retard shit command is up to, still not an actual use of the FA.

Unless your bolt is locked open you won't even know there isn't a round chambered. You'll get a click and treat it like a ftf and charge it like you've trained hundreds of times.
If you're in a team then the ambush has already kicked off and charging won't make any difference to your stealth. If you're solo and are close enough for your target to discern a bolt being sent home then you are close enough for them to hear the hammer fall.

>double feed
Only will happen if you don't see the brass fly out, looking at the chamber just wastes time in getting the weapon back up.

I mean this is the biggest hole in the ambush larp. In order to know that you didn't chamber a round, you'd have to be fucking with your weapon, which is a big no no on the ambush line.

Yep everybody knows you are only a super leet oper8r if you dont have a FA on your rifle, its best you pay extra for it. Dumbass.

It's not a fucking LARP you retard. Can you really not tell that I know what I'm taking about because I've experienced it or are you just trying as hard as you can to find an epic STOLEN VALOR retard on the internet? So the same guy who says nobody in OIF or OEF can have been on an ambush is also an expert on what people do on ambush? Or are you just reading from your field manual? You make no sense. I don't know how they figured out that private fucknuts didn't have a round chambered, he wasn't my guy. He admitted to it though.

Given that nobody even attempted to post any details about their deployments, I'm starting to think that you're the fucking LARPer.

Again, an ambush was an example of where chambering a round silently could be advantageous. If you can't think of other scenarios where you might not want someone to hear you chamber a round, that's on you. If I'd known the high horse neverdeployed cavalry was going to descend on me to try to assuage their crippling regret about having joined the military too late to get their CIB's, I probably wouldn't have posted.

I was the guy that posted about you not ambushing anyone since blue phase. I was just fucking with you because this is fun for me. And I am not the other guy you have been arguing with. But since you cried hard enough I will tell you I was in MND North for three years.

The reason the FA was added to the M16 was because the army asked him to put it there because soldiers were being retarded with the rifles.

Tell me about your barrel. Is that the pinned Faxon?

I like forward assists and use them a ton. Before every drill I perform a press check, part of loading and making ready no? On a press check you unchamber just enough to see brass, but don't compress the buffer spring enough to get the full force of a regular chambering, and so sometimes (especially if you shoot suppressed and the action is a little cruddy) the bolt will stop just maybe 1/4" short of locking all the way in. Quick FA tap and you're in. Even if it does lock in, tapping FA isn't a bad idea, same way when you press check a striker pistol you tap the back of the slide.

In addition to press checks and other shit like that, I just found a new use for the FA the other day. Had the upper and lower separate for transportation in a small pack. Charging handle and BCG popped out of upper just a bit, so I pointed the muzzle downwards so BCG and CH went forward, then hit FA to lock them forward before stowing the upper into the pack.

Are FA absolutely critical? No, there are other control features that take priority IMO for ARs. Will I opt for one so long as it doesn't cost too much more or come at some other expense? Absolutely.

Attached: milling.jpg (4016x3072, 2.54M)

>Wgws uses the FA
There's your answer OP. Perfectly good reason to never buy an upper with FA again.

Eugene stoner shot and tested his gun more than you ever have, even he said it was not needed. He even stated that if it's not going into battery on it's own, that there is probably a issue and a FA would do nothing more than to help fuck that fuckery up even more. You're also right, cause this Jow Forums and no one here shoots or even owns guns ;)

You’re literally never going to do this.
Why would you have one in the chamber already and just flip the safety?
If your tactical supremacy rests on the “ability” to chamber a round with less noise you’ve probably never fought before.

>A valid reason
>Something that had a .0000001% chance of ever happening in CONUS
Holy shit you're a massive faggot. Pic related is you

Attached: C58BFE1B-1C75-424A-BE91-81CDA4D5C2EF.jpg (700x700, 53K)

I've used my forward assist once, because sometimes my magazines are a little stiff and the Bolt can't complete the travel.
But then I learned to just push the bolt forward with my thumb, and its a lot easier.

you never clean your guns. your guns jam all the time.

ty

Yea, the Faxon pencil 14.5" barrel with pinned Faxon FH for minimal weight.

But he has guns

Attached: bantam empty.jpg (2600x1733, 1.48M)

I went 3000 rounds before cleaning my AR. Only sprayed it down with Brakefree CLP at the start of range trips...range trips where I'd go through 200-400 rounds.

Never had a malfunction of any kind.

The forward assist is for people that can't keep foreign debris out of their rifle or don't have a chance to lube it. I'm not saying this as a dig, I'm saying this as harsh service conditions. Ideally you never want to operate a rifle dry and full of the terrain. You'll wear it out fast.

Most people dont need the FA though. For most users its extra weight and just going to make any malfunction worse.

Hey dumbshit this is an anonymous basket weaving forum. Your point has to stand on it's own merit, not on the identity of the person saying it. You have to go back.

Thread/

Attached: Hey retard.jpg (960x958, 58K)