Let’s say I happened across some NFA paperwork and had on my hands a legally owned machine gun...

Let’s say I happened across some NFA paperwork and had on my hands a legally owned machine gun. Let’s say someone were to break into my house, and I were to use this glorious machine to defend my property. What would happen to me?

Attached: 37B3AA92-9AC7-4735-B708-F1FB0EA2E0E1.jpg (800x533, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m4carbine.net/showthread.php?212721-The-Ayoob-Files-quot-F***-You-and-Your-Automatic-Rifle!-quot-The-Gary-Fadden-incident
afn.org/~guns/ayoob.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's okay bud, you might learn to use google in the eighth grade.

You would become a hero of die volk

Assuming your state doesn't prohibit NFA item ownership either, then you're probably OK as far as the letter of the law is concerned, but you'd better prepare to face some harsh scrutiny, and there's a good chance that you're headed towards a civil trial (again, depending on state law).

There is precedent for legal self-defense with NFA weapons, there was a case a few years back when some guy was working on his PTRD (I think? it was some flavor of big-ass DD rifle) and someone broke into his garage, so he defended himself with it

There was the case of a lgs owner who'd had an attempted break, then used full auto to interrupt a follow up robbery. Also someone who worked for a manufacturing company and had full-auto in his car, got followed to his work and threatened. I think he may have chosen a normal firearm though.

You'd lose several thousand dollars worth of ammo and maybe overheat a barrel or two

What if you use a can in a home defense situation?

If you own it legally, then nothing retard. Why would anything bad happen?

No, that was the guy that worked for HK (I believe) that had a FA. He was found innocent but it basically bankrupted him. There is a large write-up about that on the internet. Basically some guys followed him.

The LGS owner used a Ruger Mini 14. His shop was below his house from what I recall.

He worked for HK, and it was before the Hughes Amendment IIRC, he used a full auto something, and HK did fuck-all to help him with the legal shit that happened afterwards

>and HK did fuck-all to help him with the legal shit that happened afterwards
Wait I thought HK did actually help him out getting a lawyer and shit

You? Probably nothing, but be prepared for them to take the gun, give it a very sloppy and ugly engraving of the case number and then it will probably end up going "missing" after being used as evidence.

Well, that depends user.

In this scenario, are you stumbling out of bed, grabbing your MG and slapping a belt in before going out and Rambo'ing someone in your living room, you'd probably be alright, but lose the gun.

But if they break in, and you're sitting there in a foxhole you dug in your living room, in your finest replica Waffen-SS uniform and scream "FEUR FREI" before unleashing a storm of 8mm, you might be in trouble.

imagine not using a coat hanger AR for your HD gun

I got a little hard right now.

Are you not allowed to play pretend in your own house?

I saw that thread. It was a Barrett M82A2 with a single shot 20mm upper. I'd post screencap but I'm not on my PC

do it

Attached: 1562814718876.jpg (1200x684, 118K)

There is a legal distinction between self-defense and "lying in wait".

>things that never happened

>grabbing your MG and slapping a belt in
If I owned a belt fed, it would be loaded 100% of the time. Mostly because it looks better that way. Also because it's a machine gun, and that's cool.

>having enough time to reload before Tyrone rapes your wife and you

Mmm daddy, I wish I had a wife to watch getting raped while I took a big black dick doggystyle facing herrrrr.

you cant be "lying in wait" if you had no reason to suspect an intruder beforehand.

the only people ever to go down for "lying in wait" had a history of breakins and literally baited their property by leaving shit open or making it look like nobody was home

if you havent had multiple burglaries and you just camp in your house all day that is not "lying in wait" because no reasonable person would ever expect someone to magically appear to steal shit

>not setting up a machine gun nest at the top of the stairs and sleeping with your MG-42 in case of home invasion

Biased judge and jury

Depends, how jewish is the prosecutor?

What if I live in a predominantly black neighborhood? Can I claim it was self defense because I knew it was only a matter of time?

Do it while having your gf play Teufelslied on her accordion for maximum effect

>But if they break in, and you're sitting there in a foxhole you dug in your living room, in your finest replica Waffen-SS uniform and scream "FEUR FREI" before unleashing a storm of 8mm, you might be in trouble.

Oh I'm sorry, did i wake up and i'm suddenly not in America anymore?

I recall a story about a guy in Africa coming home from Hunting and found a guy robbing his home and shot him with his 454 he had been carrying as his hunting sidearm. Only known self defense use of that caliber against a human

>and someone broke into his garage, so he defended himself with it
I sure as shit hope he was wearing ear pro

Didn't he use an experimental full retard mini-14? I kinda remember that story and that sounds familiar.

>It was a Barrett M82A2 with a single shot 20mm upper
holy shit. I'd love to see pics of the results

Question, say you have a nice custom 1911, maybe just for arts purposes of whatever, and use it in a self defence situation, to avoid it getting “lost” or fucked up whilst it’s held, could you blast a few rounds off with a beat to shit 1911 and say you used that? It’d Have the same calibre, pattern, residue? Get rid of the original casings, drop the freshly fired ones, or am I just being retarded?

Garry Fadden was his name.

The original place where I read the article seems to have changed hands, but I think this is the same one copy and pasted.
m4carbine.net/showthread.php?212721-The-Ayoob-Files-quot-F***-You-and-Your-Automatic-Rifle!-quot-The-Gary-Fadden-incident

According to the greentext everybody was deaf and maybe even bleeding from the ears

The gun store owner was Harry Beckwith. Used a SW76 amongst other weapons
afn.org/~guns/ayoob.html

Ask Gary Fadden how well that worked out for him.

Could have been worse.

Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6 (and died knowing your fiance was gonna get raped)

Or, y'know, not being tried because you didnt use a machine gun.

Yeah, coz that will happen. If you have a prosecutor wanting to bring a case against you, they'll just find something else. If thats what you have at hand, use it. Fadden's only other option was a .22 rifle and a pistol.

user, it's fake and gay..

If you live in a free state and it's a good shoot it would be no different then blasting someone with an over under, other than the news coverage if it gets out.

Why would it go to judge and jury when you live in a free state with a castle doctrine, stand your ground and similar, and it was a good shoot?

I tend to agree with you, user. But I'm sure there are some states where you might not face criminal charges but you still might face civil charges if the family of the sweet innocent angel who you gunned down thinks you did so with excessive force.

Honestly, you should expect getting fucked civilly regardless. Even if they dont have a case your going to be spending significant amounts of money on lawyers to prove they dont have a case.

Don't some states have laws which provide protection against civil suits in the case of a "good shooting"?

I wanted to say yes, but looks more like a kinda.

Appears that it's sometimes in the stand your ground law that civil suits arent allowed but there's a case in Florida where they ruled the immunity isn't transferred from the criminal side immediately, there has to be a civil ruling that it was also self defense.

No, this is a good question. I believe you could do that, but if you somehow got caught in your lie, then you would get shafted for messing with case evidence and lying under oath.

that's kind of my thought too.

I doubt that the cops would ever even notice, assuming of course that you did everything correctly. However you never know what an investigation might turn up.

Perhaps the cops interviewed neighbors:
>Yeah, we heard some shots
>Then a few minutes later we heard some more shots

Then the cops are wondering why there's only 3 casings on the floor and 3 slugs in the intruder, but the witnesses swear they heard 2 separate sets of 3 bangs....and then they start looking deeper. Once they get the idea in their head that you may have lied to them then they will not be happy and will start digging much harder.

Right, so in some states you do indeed have civil immunity if the police find that it was a good shooting?

It sounds like Florida is not one of those states, but there are others that do have such a law.

Gullible morons. Holy fuck, you believe anything posted on the internet don't you?

>>there aren't legal cases involving self-defense with NFA weapons

I can totally understand not trusting the internet, but you don't trust court records either?

Depends more on where you live and how good your lawyer is compared to the prosecution, than the fact that you gunned down someone with a machine gun. If you live in a hard right area like Tennessee or some shit, If charges even got filed it would be an open and shut case in your favor. In a more mixed society though filled with normies that don't know shit about guns, the prosecutor will make it seem like you willfully chose to use a weapon of war to fulfill your racist soldier of fortune fantasies against tyrone and the gang, who broke in to steal college diplomas and become rocket scientists.

>Defend home via legal means
>Get bankrupted in court

Land of the free?

Yeah, you're free not to buy insurance. If you don't, you reap what you sow.

That's not what happened though. His employer picked up the tab, then they fell out and they made him cough up. Read the fucking links posted itt.