Why do custom 1911 makers design guns with words like "carry" and "combat" in them with ultra tight lockups

Why do custom 1911 makers design guns with words like "carry" and "combat" in them with ultra tight lockups.

I see all these videos of baby boomers who buy these Les Baers and can't even rack the slide on them. Then have 1000+ round break in periods for them. I mean that's fine for a race gun or a "I just spent 4000 dollars on something that looks cool and is fun to shoot" gun, but why the FUCK would you want that on a carry gun? I saw a video of a guy who could barely rack the slide on his baer after 1000 rounds. Well what the fuck happens if you have an FTE or a failure to lock open on the last round? you're kind of fucked aren't you?

What advantage does a tight lockup even give you? I mean I'm sure making the barrel that much more locked in while firing might improve accuracy a bit, but is it to a point where it would even matter in a carry/duty gun? I highly doubt it.

Are there any companies that make gucci 1911s that have the tightness of say, a colt or a Ruger SR1911?

Attached: wm_9556159.jpg (640x480, 35K)

When I make a 1911 Im gonna have it laser engraved to say
>yee yee
in old english or german letters.
You know when they look all cool and whispy and crispy?

Got Colt series 70, paid like $1k for new. Absolutely happy, beautiful precise gun. Great for range and carry. Why Les Baer?
t. not actually boomer, 42yo.

I always thought the mystique of the 1911 involved it's resistance to shit.
> here's a gun that shoots out of spec ammo after being dragged through the mud
> also it's wartime production
so for me, it's got to be an actual relic or an un-fancy manufacturer, like RIA

>Why do custom 1911 makers design guns with words like "carry" and "combat" in them with ultra tight lockups.

Let me go ask them. Stay here BRB!

Baer UTC, carried daily. Creeping up on 10k rounds.

Tight when new but anyone who can’t operate the slide on one of these guns is honestly just stroking their own ego. It’s not that bad.

Attached: 7255D969-268E-4920-B706-3E4FFA47E16B.jpg (1242x1656, 311K)

>I always thought the mystique of the 1911 involved it's resistance to shit.
lol no

Attached: wnx45p.jpg (1600x1600, 388K)

Why do you carry a regular 1911 and not a double stack 1911/2011?

Attached: DVC-Carry-lead.jpg (941x629, 203K)

Because they're heavy as fuck, I actually used to carry an ATI Fatboy.

Attached: who the fuck is gunblast.jpg (640x480, 44K)

its marketing 101
write tactical, combat, classic, ect on it and people will want it more
I would know
Im one of them

Attached: Springfield-TRP-1911.jpg (1350x926, 302K)

Aren't the STI-style double stacks lighter because of the polymer grip and the option for an aluminum frame?

Double stack 1911s suck. One brand of gun will work with 1 kind of mags but the same mag won't with another brand of gun. Heavier than other similarly sized double stack .45 with less rounds.

Wait so should I not buy a Les Baer Premier II?

IME "carry" on a 1911 description normally refers to some kind of design where the sharp corners and edges of the gun are rounded off, thus to make it easier to draw from concealment without getting snagged on things. "Combat" is a meaningless marketing term.

You'd be better off just buying a CZ-97 if you're dead set on a steel double stack .45, or a Glock 21/USP if polymer's also ok.

Couldn't tell you, it takes the Para mags. Nice if you want 14 rounds of .45 in a subcompact, but heavy on the belt.

the boomers got me with the bug. one of these days I’ll have a custom wilson combat to flex on the poors with

You answered your own question. Boomers will eat that shit up like harley davidson motorcycles. John moses browning didnt intend the 1911 to have tactical faggot shit or tight tolerances. It's only a beautiful firearm due to his ability to craft and design. The safe queen boomers are the ones who ruin the legacy of a masterfully crafted weapon.

Please never post again.

Please fucking kill yourself nigger

Back in the early 20th century it was considered extremely reliable for a combat pistol. However in comparison to more modern designs and more importantly more modern magazine designs it's not as reliable.