Combating Humidity Levels

Ive been trying to find a straight answer to what is an acceptable humidity level to store my weapons but I haven’t gotten a straight answer. Closet hovers around 40 to 60 percent humidity depending on time of year. Any suggestions on how I can combat corrosion while my weapons are in my safe?

Attached: 7BC1B9F8-2C96-4060-A4CA-F42B5319B277.jpg (1024x681, 254K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Birchwood-Casey-1003530-Universal-Grease/dp/B003ITB8NS
youtu.be/pBmRhR7nGyU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Gunsocks and a dehumidifier.

Put each handgun in a plastic box with oxygen absorbers. If it doesnt fit put a ton of oxygen absorbers in the safe and make sure everything is well oiled.

Desiccant bags work somewhat (never hurts to throw in a bag or two into a can filled with loose cartridges), but a dehumidifier would be best.

The year is 2040. Post American Treasonous Rebellion. Post WW3. You dig up a box of weapons and ammo buried by a dangerous survivalist nut. It’s all rusted pretty badly. If the Peacekeepers find you with it they will execute you and your family. What do?

amazon.com/Birchwood-Casey-1003530-Universal-Grease/dp/B003ITB8NS

Get some fresh step kitty litter at Walmart, get the crystals kind, it’s sylica based. Put in a jar with a coffee filter instead of the normal lid, makes a great dehumidifier. All for under 10 bucks. Poke holes in the coffee filter and change every 6 months.

youtu.be/pBmRhR7nGyU

This is the general idea

Those are acceptable humidity levels

i live in georgia your guns will be fine with just a wipedown with an oilcloth. dont fall for dehumidifier jew schemes

Me want those Government .380's.

>Gunsocks and a dehumidifier.

Cotton based gunsocks will only absorb moisture from the air and hold it right up against your gun.

And it works well?

Nigger faggot just oil your guns and ask better questions don't waste our collective wisdom on asinine ponderings from your limited intellect. Ask better questions get bullied less, work it out.

Yeah, I got the jars in my wood gun cabinet in a very sweaty basement. Humidity is under control, I also keep sylica wrapped in a coffee filter to keep my ammo cans fresh. No rusting

Don’t do this. It doesn’t work.
Get Zerust tabs. They work.

Barring that, you can get a Goldenrod. It’s not high humidity that causes rust so much as the temperature of the inside of the safe becoming colder than the ambient environment, which causes condensation to form. A goldenrod prevents condensation by keeping the inside of the safe a little warmer than ambient.

This. Dessicant packs are found in new coats and backpacks. I've had 10 year old ammo and guns I store that way that operate fine with no corrosion

How about you stop being an autistic gatekeeper little bitch?

Fair, it works for me in MN, where you at with the temp differential so bad, or do you run a micro brew in your basement?

Try and make me bitch boy, it's my job and I take it very seriously so you should shut the fuck up.

Gatekeeping is good as long as you're not being a grognard fuckwit, you need to maintain a level of standards in your communities.
I don't think this is the worst thread that could have been made, but this seems like a topic that could have easily been filed under QTDDTOT

I soak mine in oil and it works

Sweat is actually a very good protectant against humidity. The oils in your skin that are released act as a human form of cosmolene. If you rub your gun down with your sweat the water will evaporate and leave only the oils to protect the metal. Get on a treadmill and walk/run 2 or 3 miles and then generously apply your sweat to the firearm of your choosing. Make sure that the surface is clean before doing so as you don’t want to trap any contaminants under the oil.

hide them in a bucket of water
humidity will never will find them there

45-55% is considered a good range for long term storage.
Very, Very long duration storage you want to look at VCI bags or covering everything in Cosmoline.
I'd just use one of those silica gel cans over this fudd method.
I've had the opposite experience with gun socks for storage, but I'm not putting dirty guns away in them either.
> Being this triggered over the best way to keep guns rust free
Don't you have a room to clean or something?

oily rags

OILY RAGS