Car Guns: Yay or Nay

Do you keep a gun bigger than your carry somewhere in your car at all times? Ive seen people do both. I want to have a full size in my car but car hoppers spook me.

Attached: 530541E8-4713-4CC8-B50B-1B3F9C0034BA.jpg (800x450, 82K)

Hi Point .45, if they get the car a $150 gun is the least of my concerns.

A stolen gun threatens everybody. People like you contribute to crime by making it profitable. Don't leave anything in your car.

I keep a norinco 9mm tokarev in my console. Paid $200 for it and its never had one malfunction in my possession. I think everyone should carry some cheap throw away thats around $200, theres plenty of options that are very reliable.

Listen, my one measly little pistol doesn't have shit on the crates of guns alphabet agencies "lose".

t. scared virgin
The chad leaves an ar and an 870 in the back of his suv in the wide open (me)

Maverick 88 loaded with slugs under the back seat. No one can see it, so no temptation to smash and grab. It's cheap, so if I forget to wipe it down for a few months and it gets some rust freckles, no worries. I like having a long arm handy, I feel much more confident in my ability to put a quick first shot on target with a long gun than I do with a pistol. Came home to a kicked in front door a few years ago, and honestly felt scared and under-armed clearing my house with a .380 pocket gun. I got the maverick then, as funds were extremely tight, but I wanted something more potent. I have since upgraded to a Glock 23 for my CCW, but the maverick still stays in the jeep. Not really a huge SHTF guy, but I'd rather have the shotgun for hunting than just a pistol if it came to it. I keep a few rounds each of birdshot, buck, and slugs in a little case in the glove box. After typing this, I realize OP meant full-size hand gun when referring to "something bigger". I keep a 22 round magazine for the Glock 23 in the glove box as well, I don't know if that counts.

I don't really have much room in my sedan so I just keep a pistol in the center console and I'm hoping I can get an sbr in the trunk, but my dad always keeps a rifle in his truck under the back seats. Basically what demolition ranch did a couple years back.

My ccw is a g26 and I leave a canik tp9sfx in the center console

If you do it make sure it's something cheap you dont mind losing the $$$ if it gets stolen

Why slugs if you dont mind me asking?

>Not just having a car mount for your CC
I don't see why you would ever have a dedicated car gun. That's just asking for some tweaker or spook to bash your window in for it.

I always just take my CC out of my pants and stuff it in a holster i have beside my seat to avoid that entirely.

Attached: Uk2Bc01[1].jpg (543x740, 70K)

I keep a 12 gauge in the trunk of my vic

Barrier penetration, energy imparted to target, and ease of shot placement. I figured since I would keep it in a vehicle, it would be good to have something that would punch through auto glass/ sheet metal with minimal deflection. And I can put one right where I want out of an 18 inch barrel out to 50 yards, at which distance I would be looking at at least a 24 inch pattern with buck, assuming an average rate of spread of 1 inch per 6 feet out of a cylinder bore, and no guarantee that any of them hit anything vital. I treat defensive shotguns as big-bore carbines. I figure a 1 ounce slug running 1300 fps will do the job on anything on two or four legs that I would reasonably be likely to encounter where I live.

This.
You're an asshole. The likelihood of you getting into a gunfight that even fucking allows you to retrieve a second gun stashed somewhere in your car is VASTLY fucking smaller than the chances of an undocumented spic smashing into your car, stealing your gun to victimize innocent people.
>he doesn't carry a gun on him that he can fight with as it is
>has access to his vehicle
>doesn't just fucking drive away from danger

Time to wake up and face reality bubba, real life isn't your favorite action movie. A few mags and a medkit is a good idea to keep in your vehicle but fuck off with the car gun.
>I always just take my CC out of my pants and stuff it in a holster i have beside my seat to avoid that entirely.

You should probably get your carry setup sorted out if a simple task such as driving makes it an inconvenience. You're basically fucked if you get carjacked and get asked to step out of the car.

Attached: 1499400608108.jpg (552x556, 86K)

Don't.

Chances of it getting stolen are statistically way higher than you ever having to actually use it. If your gun is stolen out of your car, you just armed a felon who could use your gun in a crime, potentially against you or someone you know. Keep your shit safe, and if you absolutely must be dumb, at least have the serial number copied down somewhere and actually check your doors. The little beepers don't always lock all your doors. Most auto burgs are done by people just checking door handles for an open one.

car break ins are way too common.
I carry anyway, putting one in my car just risks theft.
I'm paranoid that I don't have a gun safe at home. Sure as hell not gonna leave one in an easy target like a car.

Safe in your car genius. Christ be 18 before you post

this
you're retarded. people sometimes need guns for other things than wild west gunfights. more than once I've hit an animal on the road and wished I had a gun on me to put it out of it's misery.

fuck you.

>Glock 43 on me
>92fs under seat
Fwm

Attached: 283829B9-55DE-4C22-A476-85B7178B6123.gif (385x272, 728K)

>cars get broken into but houses don't

When you can find a 3x3x5 900lb steel gun cabinet for my 2003 Avalon, make sure to make a post.

>you're retarded. people sometimes need guns for other things than wild west gunfights. more than once I've hit an animal on the road and wished I had a gun on me to put it out of it's misery.
>fuck you.

why don't you just CC then?

Based

Stop being gay

You conceal the gun you stupid fuck. That's like saying "idk why you'd ever own anything expensive in your house. That's jist asking for some nigger to break in"

Post your guns concern trolls

I already have my carry gun on me, why would I have another pistol in my car? You can only use one gun at a time

80% of the stolen weapons in my city are out of cars. It's a bad idea.

I don’t keep a gun in my car. If someone broke in and stole a gun they might take my insurance card that has my address on it. Then think I have more guns at my house and try to break in to my home.

>they bring the gun back to you at 3am and you get to shoot them too
win-win

I keep an M2 in my truck, loaded with buck and slugs on the carrier. It's under the rear bench seat so there's no way to see it from outside, not that it matters much anyway, I use the truck for work on my rural property. The only time I take it into town is getting gas or going to the feed store, garden center, or home improvement store. Those are all well-traveled places and the truck is never out overnight so I have no fear of anyone breaking in and stealing anything.

A car is a weapon too you idiot

what does owning a gun have to do with the rationale behind a truck gun?

"post guns" is a massive strawman and only posted by people who have nothing constructive to say.

Lol fucking noguns.

LC9S in the center console
REALLY dont give a fuck about it.
It's mostly there for when i'm at work and can't carry inside the building, i'll have at least something if shit gets jiggy, or I need to get home in some sort of weird societal collapse, or if someone shoots the place up I can go there and grab my gun to shoot back.

He can't afford a locking gun mount for his car

I keep a braced AK pistol in the trunk in a duffle bag with my clothes when I’m on multiday trips for work but that’s usually because I’m not carrying due to certain facilities banning guns aside from security. Easy to bring into hotels. Figure 150 rounds of 7.62x39 should be enough to get out and get home if anything catastrophic happens.

>or if someone shoots the place up I can go there and grab my gun to shoot back.
I've been in a shooting before, you'll never have the time.

You people don’t need to be on the board if you don’t understand why he would need a second gun in the car. An edc is for emergency and personal defense in an urban area. An active shooter situation could be stopped by a second gun sort of weirdo. I drive up to my northern properties and when I see bear on the road I walk around the cabins with my long gun on my back. My pistol isn’t enough.

Because cc is dangerous when dealing with a large wounded animal.

Based and Crown Vic pilled.

That sounds like a cozy life

Because it’s the same as someone who never had sex offering sex advice.

I keep a judge loaded with buckshot in my glovebox. Glovebox locks so whenever I'm not in the vehicle I can keep it secure, only my keys can open it