So suppressors are just metal rods with holes drilled in them?

So suppressors are just metal rods with holes drilled in them?
Why are they so expensive?

Attached: tumblr_inline_n92s985eln1rv3nrz.jpg (500x281, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

5secondfirearm.com/product-page/5-premium-kit-5-cups-7-springs-1-fitting
5secondfirearm.com/worthy-videos
youtube.com/watch?v=hXjprltZz0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=1VWcGwPJQfc
atf.gov/firearms/docs/form/form-2-notice-firearms-manufactured-or-imported-atf-form-53202/download
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because tacticool NFA item.

Artificial scarcity. They are a bother to acquire because of ATF glowniggers so they are super expensive since not many people purchase them.

There's a $200 tax paid to the government for each one to be made.

Also, precision machining parts is not cheap, and if the parts aren't precisely made you have all sorts of problems on your hands, like baffle strikes.

You know, there was a company zmachineworx, and they made “cones”(undrilled baffles) he regularly had 20 percent off sales which comes out to 12.8$ per baffle made from 17-4 stainless and from a small operation.
Tubes from sdta are 60

Suppressor manufactures are ripping you off and dumb faggot retard room temp boomers like you defend them.

I am a professional machinist, user. I'm not buying anything.

I simply answered OP's question, nothing more. I am not defending the purchase of anything.

Because some use expensive materials like titanium, which also wear more on tools.
There's also some engineering which goes into making efficiently shaped blast chambers and baffles, and depending on what gun it goes on you may need a booster.
Of course, you also need to make sure that all the holes are concentric, because baffle strikes are not fun.

Sure, you could make one out of just just a steel tube and some steel washers, and put together properly this will work, but you will get far more weight on the front of your gun, and it's not nearly as efficient at noise reduction.
There are lower cost designs (silencers designed for .22 rimfire cartridges are sometimes even made out of plastic, which works for these low pressures), and those won't be nearly as expensive.
Of course, you still have the artificial added cost of the NFA tax, which we regrettably won't be getting away from any time soon.

Again, you could assemble a silencer from parts like that and it will work, but it won't compare to higher end silencers with a machined core.
I mean, you can make a silencer for a Ruger 10/22 from just PVC pipe, bottle caps, and hose clamp, and it functions, it's pretty quiet, but it'll never get top tier results.

tl;dr
1) Federal Faggotry.
2) There are cheaper alternatives...
3) ... but you also get what you pay for.

You know nothing about machining

A machinist on here?
Hourly charge? I want to make a form 1 12g suppressor, dm isn’t taking custom orders unfortunately.

Sorry, I am swamped with my own shit, I don't have any free time for outside projects.

It's also illegal as fuck for me to make anyone suppressor parts, and I'm not playing the "undrilled baffles" game.

He's right about titanium being costly and harder on tools, but he's a fucking idiot if he's worried about concentricity of baffles yet didn't bother to mention the far, far, trickier job of making sure the angular alignment between the muzzle threads and the center of the can is correct. Baffles are automatically concentric because you drill the hole in the same setup as turning the rest of the baffle. (Assuming we're not talking ghetto bullshit like drilling out ""cones"") On the other hand, machining the part of the can which contains the muzzle threads generally needs to be done in two ops, so there's a lot more opportunity for error there. and if you're off by even the tiniest angle that error will be magnified near the exit of the can and you'll be striking baffles. (I used to work for a SOT who made cans)

>metal rods with holes
those are barrels

>baffles aren't short rods with holes
>caps aren't short rods with holes
>housings aren't rods with very large holes
>a mono core isn't a rod with holes in it because the holes aren't round

you're a special kind of stupid

Much in the same way an H&K G3 is essentially a metal rod with a few holes.

there are many parts in a G3 which cannot be accurately described as rods with holes.

suppressor parts are far fucking simpler, which is exactly what OP is trying to imply.

Saged

5secondfirearm.com/product-page/5-premium-kit-5-cups-7-springs-1-fitting

5 inch kits back in stock boyos

I don't get it. What's a filter have to do with suppressors?

lol PEAK BOOMER

5secondfirearm.com/worthy-videos

drillpress hole and become potato

Attached: 1100E3C3-EC6C-4AB1-85FC-29AD41100F41.jpg (399x533, 32K)

youtube.com/watch?v=hXjprltZz0Y

drill the hole

Guns are just metal rods with holes screwed in them for all intensive purposes. Even IF silencers were treated legally like red dots, they’d still be over priced. Boomers sell black powder hobby shit manufactured in Pakistan and Mexico for more than quadruple the price.

>he can’t tell the difference between a rod and barstock
Fucking kys notools

>it’s duh rod!
It’s round barstock dumb dumb

>doesn’t know the difference between a rod and round bar
Machinelette go debur your dick

I'd bet money my drill press weighs more than your car.

Pfft, my suppressor for the 10/22 was made out of old rags, bottles, and a pringles can. Worked really fucking well, actually.
>>pic semi related

Attached: 1560318869705.png (1920x1080, 3.02M)

This. They aren't just some fucking pipe from a bin at Homo Depot. There is a small effort going into them. No they aren't "worth" that much but then again mine is titanium. All the competitors could undercut the price if they could afford it... they don't

youtube.com/watch?v=1VWcGwPJQfc

STOP.

POSTING.

ANIME.

Because you want the thing you paid $200 extra for to not explode. Sure, they sell cheap carbon fiber suppressors over in Binland, but those aren't expected to last a lifetime.

Attached: 1560803753231.jpg (1053x1070, 324K)

>he doesn’t EDM his holes
When does mommy pick you up from summer camp Billy? I’m going to broach her vagina just before she leaves the house.

Fuck off faggot

I am so sick of the boomer "explode" meme
Not every part of the gun needs to be made of fucking unobtainable fucktard

Attached: futami warning.png (1600x1000, 1.59M)

>Suppressor manufactures are ripping you off and dumb faggot retard room temp boomers like you defend them
Literally no one here doesn't wish that suppressors were cheaper

Sure, Ive got a hole popper and a wire. They're nice when you need precision or when you need t put coolant holes in hard tooling but they're fucking slow.

Attached: 2hu reisen.jpg (1771x2508, 2.61M)

Why don't you make some and undercut everyone else? Oh yeah, you won't.

Do you even know what site you're posting on?

In America they are generally designed to last a lifetime because they're such a pain in the ass to get.

There's basically two ways to make a suppressor. Wiper suppressors have a very short useful life (sometimes only a dozen rounds) but are highly effective. They have chambers for gas to expand into and a set of wipers the bullet shoots though, trapping and slowing the gasses. Unless you are a real operator operating operationally you don't want one of these and couldn't get one anyway.

The other is a baffle suppressor, functionally they work the same as a car muffler offering several chambers for the gas to expand, redirect and lose energy to turbulence before it escapes. As far as an item goes, these are very, very robust and tend to last a long time. The pressure and temperature of the gas is relatively low and the materials used are typically corrosion resistant. If not actively abused a baffle suppressor should last a long time.

> Even IF silencers were treated legally like red dots, they’d still be over priced
They are barely regulated in parts of Europe (ironically the UK) and as a result they're usually pretty cheap.

Attached: where.jpg (498x441, 41K)

You're a nigger.

>you get what you pay for
I don't think you're using that right. If I have something that costs $20 and it is 80% as effective as a $1000 alternative, you aren't getting what you pay for because you're paying for something WAY better than the product you actually get. The acception is for shit like superconductors compared to copper wire, or in this case, "movie quiet" suppressors because you're reaching maximum possible effectiveness which is always worth significantly more than a standard efficiency product.

Form 2 aren't taxed retard. They have no impact on the sticker price of a suppressor.
atf.gov/firearms/docs/form/form-2-notice-firearms-manufactured-or-imported-atf-form-53202/download

Being an SOT (~3K including ITAR) is only expensive if you have tiny volume.

Supply and Demand and the forced regulation of the supply by governmental bureaucracy.

Analand?

Back to weekendgunnit gayboy

that's a very suspect bulge

what is this girl packing in her bloomers?

Attached: 1517331685408.png (419x249, 6K)

Attached: puffy vulva.jpg (622x521, 63K)

>the joke

>your head

Kill yourself, newfag.