What's a quality red dot I can put on.my Smith and Wesson Victory? Trying to get into competition shooting. Cheaper...

What's a quality red dot I can put on.my Smith and Wesson Victory? Trying to get into competition shooting. Cheaper, if possible. Pic related, my handguns.

Attached: IMG_20190713_004016.jpg (2700x3264, 2.11M)

If it's got a rail honestly go Bushnell trs-25, or if you want spend more get a cmore railway. Both are great options for steel challenge, with cmore being the industry standard

How do they compare? I'm leaning towards the Bushnell, if only because it's 50 bucks vs 200+. Looks awfully big though, for a red dot.

Daily reminder that the TRS-25 is a piece of shit. Mine died in 10 months with casual use on an AR9 and one waist-height drop into a bush.

My trs25 has been going for a year now, and if it breaks it's just another 50 bucks. On a 22lr comp pistol you'll probably be fine

Don't be a retard and drop your guns

How big is the TRS-25 though? Do you have a picture of it on your gun so I can visualize how large of a sight it is? Not a real dealbreaker, but I'd like to be able to fit the Victory in the case I already have rather than go out and buy another.

Here it is on my 10/22. What kind of competition are you doing, steel challenge?

Attached: JPEG_20190609_230508.jpg (3271x1824, 1.01M)

Attached: IMG_20190709_155137811.jpg (4032x2268, 2.06M)

>Don't be a retard and drop your guns
It was on purpose to test its rigidity, plus tossing a gun into a bush from < 3ft is pathetic as far as wear and tear goes, holy shit lol. Do you baby all your guns? You seem like the kind of queer who loses his shit when he gets a minor scratch on his guns.
Yeah confirmed you have safe queens you don't really shoot, kek

Ok, that's not very big at all. The pictures I looked at online made it seem gigantic. Yeah, steel challenge. Never done any sort of competitive shooting before, I'm sure I'll be readily outclassed.

One - I don't own a safe
Second - I don't throw my guns like a retard

For steel challenge a trs-25 will be fine desu. Make sure you locktite your rail screws in. You won't be drawing from a holster so the size of the optic doesn't really matter, and a bigger dot actually helps for target transitions and for adding more weight to the gun. Have fun competing! Steel challenge is an absolute blast. Make sure you have at least 5 mags, but 6 will be better.

Attached: JPEG_20190615_141834.jpg (4032x3024, 1.29M)

>OP asks specifically "what's a quality red dot"
>hurhur jus gitchu a TRS-25
>yeah it don't matter if it's a piece o shit, just buy you a new one if it breaks
How much of your brain matter is smooth?
>I don't throw my guns like a retard
>haha ur retarded for testing the durability of your gear hahaha just like treat everything with kid gloves and it'll never break
apparently most of it

Attached: Usurebuddy.gif (300x290, 1.74M)

Thanks, I appreciate your help. Why do I need 5-6 mags? Just so I don't have to waste a bunch of time reloading?

poorfag
no safe, only meme guns that clearly get babied and rarely shot
phoneposter
THE TRIFECTA

Attached: kingofkek.jpg (949x523, 234K)

A competition dot and a duty optic are two different things, if you shot competitions you would understand this. You'd also know that a rimfire pistol gets almost 0 stress during a match.

A victory has 10 rounds per mag, and you shoot all but one stage with 5 strings. Assuming you don't miss, you'll be fine with we the least 3 mags, but you'll probably miss every once in a while so it's better to start your string with a fresh mag and one in the chamber so you have the best chance of not fucking up your string by having to reload. The 6th mag is a backup, and you use it at the beginning of each stage to get one in the chamber when making ready and then you reload with your full mag before the first string.

>A competition dot and a duty optic are two different things
COPE
you bought a shit-tier chinesium optic and then recommended it to someone who asked specifically for "a quality red dot".

I've had a lot of optics. I'm not putting a 200 dollar optic on a gun I bought for 120 for steel challenge. Nice b8 though, I'll give you 5/10 as you didn't use any ethnic slurs

>I've had a lot of optics
OK buddy

Attached: 1531424469641.jpg (1080x1920, 1018K)

I can second the C-More. It's a super bright optic and if you get one with a bigger dot like 8 or 12 MOA it makes for an awesome steel pistol. Burns through batteries pretty quick though so get them in bulk and keep them and an Allen wrench with you.

Consider the Tandemkross Shadow mount and any micro red dot of your choice. The mount has the hole patterns for just about every dot on the market.

And you don't need a super high end dot since it's not being battered on a reciprocating slide. Just make sure it's the finest dot you can get, like 2MOA, to really take advantage of the crazy accuracy potential of the gun. I think 6 MOA is best for combat. If there was such thing as a 1 MOA red dot, I'd get that.

Attached: product_shadowmount_sw22_holosun.jpg (700x700, 56K)

He's doing steel challenge, you want the largest dot possible for that sport and the heaviest gun possible. It's counterintuitive to practical defensive handgun shooting but it's how the sport works