Pedo Homestead Defense

Sup Jow Forums, long story short I'm being hunted by a pedo on my homestead. Basically, the little girl told us, we listened, gathered enough info to nail him, and called. Kids are in protective custody. Pedo and pedo wife are not in custody, until court. The info we got makes it clear cut as fuck they both were in on it and it was for sure, without going into details, and it wasn't some woody allen shit but like fucking his 7 year old tier shit.

Some military experience, not a pog, army sergeant. Half ass armed, a lot better than none. A few ARs with durr bonded softpoints, irons only, plenty of backup shit steel case 55 grain wolf ball. Tikka 300 win mag. A finn nugget and a few others with tons of bulgy surp ammo. 2 cz 75 copies in 9mm.

A ridge and hollow facing the hayfield separating the pedo's place from ours, barbed wire fence on the midpoint of the ridge, creek at the bottom, woods lining the creek, wooded up to the road at the midpoint of the other ridge.
Was thinking of setting up blinds covered with vegetation around the side of the creek and around the top of the ridge on the other side for flanking. He is stupid and distraught, may commit suicide by us by walking straight up the hayfield. He would be likely armed with a 50 caliber muzzleloader with good optics. Decent shot.

The police can't do anything until court, so I'm on my own.

How fucked do you guys think I am? I'm gonna try and use the tikka for observation and outranging, the ARs for taking a dump and close range magdump action. No armor on either side. He would have difficult access to centerfires if at all, and I got a fireteam of 3 along with two elderly. Shoot a lot but am not insanely skilled, can hit 200 yards fairly reliably with the ar and irons, which is about the longest shot unless you really set it up unrealisticly.

Attached: 1563160397692.jpg (2356x2156, 737K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1LsIQr_4iSY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You didn't explain why you think you are being hunted and how.

You didn't explain if this guy even knows you were involved with getting him in trouble with the law

The whole fucking thing sounds fishy as shit; if he was not remanded, then surely there is some sort of massive bail involved, or there are a lot of details you are leaving out.

More data is required. Also, sketch out a map with approximate locations/distances/features/elevation changes.

How would they know you were involved? Also, have you told the police you fear for your life? You probably should.

anyway, on the off chance it's true:
your first order of business is going on the offensive. Call up every news agency around and tell them about the story. Contact any local churches and tell them the same ("I just wanted to warn you for the sake of the children" always gets people's attention no matter what church it might be). Social media too. Your goal is to give them so much attention that they spend all their time dealing with that and not you.

OFC get prepared to defend yourself if need be, you sound like you have firearms sorted out. Make sure you have good solid locks, no keys out in obvious places, etc.

k is a progressive board
young people lovers have rights too

Hope you’re ready to operate op

if he has a gun, why would he commit suicide by you, when he could just blow his own brains out?

What you smokin Maynard?

To clarify, I was named in the report. Maybe the laws are off in ancapistan Tennessee, but there evidently wasn't enough evidence for an immediate arrest although the kids got immediately taken.

There are no real laws against threats to kill someone here, castle doctrine and half decent stand your ground (would have to go to court), very rural, and perhaps they are interviewing the kids or maybe the judge is away on vacation or some stupid shit.

I'd think they would immediately arrest but they didn't; stupid as hell they put my name in the initial report without arresting. Not real sure what to do other than dig in at this point; I would just leave but 12 million potentially worth of meme cbd hemp and the males are showing, so it's boogaloo tier, i.e I would fight someone who had a muzzleloader with centerfires for a couple mil, I'm damn poor otherwise.

Let him come to you. Camp outside while leaving the lights on inside. Wait for him to try and break him (it should be noisy) and you'll have the drop on him.

You have at least 1 AR and you are scared of a single man. Faggot op

Attached: 1554731821413.jpg (447x720, 42K)

0/10 schizo larp bait

Tape up your windows and setup some kind of perimeter alerts. I’d be more worried about stepping outside and getting popped from the woodline by someone with nothing to lose than anything else than getting into a gunfight with them.

Already camping outside so I'm sort of doing the equivalent of that, keep a fire going etc and remain concealed about the property.

Have talked to the police and they were like 'damn, we can't really do much', but seemed sympathetic and ran me over the specifics of the state self defense laws.

Can't say I'm exactly scared, the help seems spooked as fuck, can't say I'm a veteran or anything but it is a hair concerning I suppose. May as well ask I figure.

Give me a bit to figure out a topo map, have maps but the terrain really changes things. Perhaps a couple pictures, gotta strip exif and shit like that.

Is the kid hot?

You'll be fine.

Attached: the violence has escalated.jpg (196x225, 12K)

ur goin down moral fag hahaha
hahaha

summer is almost over so you kids will be put back in your pens/jails soon enough

loser

Invest in game cameras and set them up around the property in concealed places. Get the kind that sends footage to your phone so you don't have to go check them every day. Chances are, if he comes for you, he will scout your house while you are away to set up a gameplan.

Do you have schizophrenia? I cant follow what the fuck you're talking about, why is your speech pattern so terrible?

He's from Tennessee, what do you expect

Plot twist:

OP is the pedo hiding from a posse.

Set an IED up with a sign that says "CP HERE!" on a cardboard box. He'll take care of himself.

>Tfw you will never be hunted down and captured by an armed group of Loli's

Been switching my sleep schedules because why not, figure it is prudent to somewhat fuck up my schedule. That and fear of the character limit make a spicy combination.

Not from Tennessee, came for cheap innawoods land.

>tfw the other day I was in the fields with a carry handle 20 inch slung, blasting fortunate son while hoeing in the hemp fields, corncob pipe, no shirt and zero fucks given

May as well be aesthetic if it's my own personal boogaloo

Attached: 1562773018327.jpg (809x872, 118K)

You've got good chances as you are now. If you've got the spare capital, here's your upgrade list to take that from good to great:
-1. IFAKs
-2. Plates and a carrier, check /gq/
-3. Optic for the AR, don't fucking cheap out here. Lowest I'd go personally is a SIG Romeo 5 RDS.
Watch your woodlines.

Attached: a7270907.jpg (1006x1024, 85K)

oh and also if you're looking for help drop an email, i'm unemployed, armed, and not fat.

No. I'm an American. You're a sick asshole.

Line your likely avenue of ingress with camp trip wire noisemakers(they're a thing, can be bought off the internet) of a loud enough volume to reliably wake you to dissuade him, make sure you have functioning motion activated lights around your house as a last line of info gathering, and good locks on your doors. You can consider the light making variety(usually using flares) for telling you just whereabouts he is, but there may be a fire hazard depending on where you live. The downward slope about mid way above the creek and 3-5m or so after it are likely the best spots for tripwires IMO. People tend to slow down right before entering a creek/gully, inside them, and examine their surroundings before entering/exiting them, so right on the edge or inside is a bad choice. Last thing you want is for him to realize you're prepared, but get around your preparations. Consider putting some more lights a little ways out from your house if you can, preferably blacklisting or lighting from above any likely sources of cover to reveal his position should he prove more motivated than you suspect, also some reasonably placed cover like a book shelf relative to his probable line of fire would be a good idea. Knowing he doesnt have the element of surprise anymore is a real big deal for any shitheel, and may very well convince him to fuck off on its own, but you don't want to catch a stray 50 caliber bullet while he's "commit suicide by us by walking straight up the hayfield." if you can avoid it, or the legal and social scrutiny ending him may bring. Also dont lay any traps that are ""injurious"" on their own. That sort of thing is almost universally illegal in the US regardless of the why.

death to pedos, i wish you the best of luck OP. do you plan on killing his wife too?

I would say you've got plenty for guns, but you need to invest in warning systems. This guy is obviously a sneaky fuck and won't have the balls to face you in the open. You need to have motion detectors wired to lights and alarms around the outside of the house and preferably some more set off farther back on your land. Ideally you want to catch the fucker while he's out in the middle of your field, but it's better to catch him just outside the house than not at all.

Then OP turns out to be a faggot and gets sued into the dirt for defamation

You get a special star
>1488

Attached: ccd.png (200x322, 88K)

Just nail him in the chest with the tikka, for fucks sake user

Poor bait either way you'll be tortured during the boogaloo

You fucked up dude. The kids are now in custody of pedos if they got snatched by CPS. You might have just given a sick fucker a new job opportunity...

This is the actual world we live in. Dont try to be a hero unless you are ready to an hero.

To clarify from an earlier post, the CPS is pedos. The dude you ratted on is now being looked at as a potential employee for the massive pedo gangs in the US.

Do not try to be a hero, as you will be killed if you make too much fuss about pedos... unfortunately.

Ok, you're in hemp, so I assume you have security cameras. Use them, upgrade them (might be insurance deductible, I dunno). This is a game of sniper counter-sniper and the only way to win is to see the enemy before the enemy sees you. You have the home field advantage and disadvantage. Maximize your ability to prepare and get up high. Expect the enemy to come from the flank and behind but never leave the front unguarded.
Use deception. Make decoys and utilize them by windows. When the enemy takes the shot, spray that area generously with lead. Get some plate steel, corrugated iron. Thicker pieces will stop conventional ammunition. Make a shield under a window for maximum cover efficacy.
Good luck OP. There's not a small part of me that hopes this is true and some Jow Forumsommando is out there fighting for truth, justice, and the American way. If so, may you prevail.

Attached: 1531091588036.jpg (796x4075, 344K)

The middle east deserves to get glassed.

Attached: 1555274863633.webm (1024x576, 2.93M)

This is a fun fictional story that never happens. You should write a book.

Jesus. I hope not. We'll be getting the little ones back soon, they are in police protective custody for now and I know the cops around here are based.
Should have taken option B really (inb4 illegal threat, evidently it isnt here)

Probably should; wouldn't be legal unless I let him get to the fields/past the property line, this place is a guerilla war wet dream so I can't play outrange the 50. Would be satisfying though.

Yeah, not as set up as I should be, but I got a bit of manpower and the terrain is great. No 'home' but more of a 'central camp' if that makes sense, has a focal point but is sort of spread out and concealed. Have good concealment up on the ridges, the terrain is very rough but one must not assume things; that being said it would be hard for him to bushwhack from the rear without making a ton of noise, he could flank from one side if the neighbor cows didn't start freaking out or if he ignored it. Have 3 noisy ass dogs and prepared to rig party popper to (firework) mortar shell noisemaker tripwires.

Good idea with the entrenchment, it would be trivial to conceal the position with sod and weeds being a farm, sandbag with fertilizer bags and it would look 'normal' until you got quite close.

Thanks for the advice, I promise it is real. I'll post pics if the boogaloo happens and it ain't illegal.

Quick question, this might sound retarded, but exactly how drop safe is a basic bitch AR on safe? I was always under the impression that they aren't extremely drop safe, and tripping and busting the muzzle on a rock is a distinct possibility in the fields working or the like, would you say it is more or less safe than the mossy 590 assuming the worst, because dropping the fuck out of it on the muzzle could happen working if not on watch.

Pic related. Ghillie suit user is one of my helpers.

Attached: 1562034894457.jpg (1929x1930, 1.05M)

Shit like this has me in a mood, it’s so outrageous that shit like this is common, people get away with shit all the damn time, it’s outrageous, with the nanny state you’d assume maybe they’d stop it, they don’t, they do stop the people that fight it though, you’ll never find a successful vigilante, but you will find successful criminals and serial rapists and killers and pedos all throughout it. Why?

Why the fuck did the cops take *your* children? Sounds like OP is the pedo and is afraid for his life from retaliation from other people.

Cool your jets, issue a warning about trespassing property resulting in possible death, line up your sights, drop him like the son of a bitch he is when he crosses

If OP is pedo, neck thyself

>k is a progressive boardyoung people lovers have rights too

They have the right to a bullet in the back of the neck. I call that real progress

OP fucked up and couldn't keep his fictional story straight.

>Sounds like OP is the pedo and is afraid for his life from retaliation from other people.

If so hope he winds up in a pig boiler soaked in gas and tearing his fingernails out in desperation and screaming for mercy when he sees the lighter in someones hand. No fucking mercy for paedos

Jow Forumsomandos should hunt pedos more it could become a board pastime sport. Get a highscore board up.

We just knew the kids quite well. The dad would go to work and leave all the kids with us, the little 7 year old girl was best friends with my son of about the same age. Something was weird and it took over a year to figure shit out.

You'd think after paying my fucking taxes they would at least take a pedo to fucking jail, but evidently due process is more important. Evidently it is a good idea to list the people that report a pedo and send a cop to serve him that paper, when it wouldn't be much more labor to just fucking lock him up. I mean I get it's rural and less taxes equals less services etc, and I'm fine with that, but I mean dealing with pedos is on the short list of what I want the cops to spend their time dealing with.

Extra points if pedo dies and you don’t get caught
Hard mode: use the hammer

Attached: Dumbasses.png (624x628, 64K)

>dealing with pedos is on the short list of what I want the cops to spend their time dealing with.

You're out of line with the majority on that one. People want them doing exactly that not fucking around revenue raising on speeding fines. Also there should be a mandated exemption from charges of brutality when dealing with convicted paedos resisting arrest and special prisons with manual labour quotas to receive calories and corporal punishment (finger breaking with bottlecap openers and flogging with wire) , paeos should be tattooed on the forehead and if convicted have all the teeth pulled without anaesthetic on the left side of their mouth, minimum sentence should be 15 years and no parole without castration. This kind of progressive thinking is what is needed ad its something that unites the vast majority on all sides of the political spectrum.

timpstamp of guns/proof or GTFO

Attached: 1542326647301.gif (728x408, 2.29M)

Why are lenticular clouds forming?

HNNNGGGGGGG
AHHHHH
SO FUCKING HOT

Attached: HNNNNGGGG.png (326x430, 183K)

Just guessing but it could be vaporization of the air

Attached: ApuTheGrad.png (680x638, 250K)

Thank you for the pepe

nukes are so kino

ITT a bunch of faggot bootlickers who want to remove due process and enforce cruel and unusual punishment on their fellow countrymen. Fucking kids is wrong, but stripping people of the aforementioned rights is despicable.

Proof don't come until tomorrow when I get interviewed again, and tikka and the rest of the arsenal are with the other guys, three separate positions right now for maximum flanking fun. 4 hour shifts at night, figure pretty standard. No papers I can redact with me right now, gonna have to trust me if this thread stays up that long.

Tomorrow the detective is supposed to come and get statements, kids got taken on friday or something, a hearing concerning the kids was today. If testimony is enough to fuck him, along with a 9 year old boy having herpes when all parents and all the older kids have it too, he is fucked.

Attached: 20190717_215750.jpg (2576x1932, 1.01M)

I've seen this guy all over but never got s name. Can I get a name of this lolcow?

If it were legal to kill pedos when found and the kids are willing to report, I would tend to agree. It is stupid to have to be in a standoff with a pedo though, either just let me kill them, keep names off of reports concerning pedos only until court, or fucking lock them up, I don't particularly care. I'm not gonna lie to you and say I think democracy works, however.

Attached: 1563399635476.jpg (698x904, 59K)

You are fucking retarded. Right to due process and the right to not be subjected to cruel and unusual punishment has nothing to do with democracy.

kyriakos grizzly AKA the BLOATLORD. The most kino fitness icon. He snaps twinks in two with his pinky.

youtube.com/watch?v=1LsIQr_4iSY

Attached: 1542983737779.jpg (770x828, 170K)

well, make another thread tm then. I'll be interested to follow this (granted that it isnt an elaborate LARP)

>taking the law into your own hand
>bootlicking
This is the way it was done before social cohesion was destroyed and we had to rely on gubmint for everything
In Ireland in the 80s it was the IRA and moms who killed drug dealers, not the police

>UUUOOOAAAAHH
>...
>NYEEH
>...
>MUAW MWAAHN
>GWUAH MUAAEEH
>WAH MUAAAH
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>...
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Attached: 1542335925127.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Muh constitution... again, I'm all for cruel and unusual punishment for pedos, assuming it is verifiable and not borderline shit like banging a 16 year old... that being said, my worry is that the government we have now is ran by pedos, so we need the protection we have and can't lose one iota until the boogaloo, but fuck if I agree with protecting kiddie fuckers because of feelings or some goddamned piece of paper. Guns don't fuck kids, monsters fuck kids, deal with the monsters as what they are.

Attached: 1562020888390.jpg (600x780, 210K)

You are retarded. The IRA are heroin dealers lmao.

You're retarded.
Go stay with family in another town.
Set up cameras in your house to catch them if they do break in.

So is this for a business? Do you have insurance?

Sadly now they are but they used to be responsible for cleaning up the streets and you couldn't even get in if you did drugs

I reported the thing while running a hemp farm on land I own. Being peak crop time, and valuable enough to be willing to be under a bit of heat, I'm choosing to stay, because although being under the gun sucks, losing out on millions of dollars sucks more. Otherwise I would just skip town; and this is about the one situation possible that I would ever stick my nose in, under any circumstance. Like, drug house, fights, whatever, it ain't me. Fucking little kids, I'd be joking if I said I didn't start wiping down prints and sharpening knives when figuring out what to do.

Ok.
Send the women away and let male family and friends know.
Not only will they be inclined to help because of your relationship, but the nature of the person who is a threat.
>maybe business partners as well?
And of course arm them too.
How many people could you call upon?

Give details user sounds like a sexy story

No crop insurance is possible. I have liability insurance etc but I couldn't get any compensation for the crop if I fucked it up by leaving; I'm not coward enough to dip and leave my help alone, and the cbd meme is raging too hard to just walk away, it would be stupid to.

So it would be properly stated that the situation is that I am under threat from a pedo for reporting, am about 750 yards away from where he stays right now, and cannot leave because it would mean a true loss of several million potential dollars, that would be much less achievable next season since it was just federally legalized, and the meme will die out some in addition to increase in production.

>assuming it is verifiable
How can you verify it without due process, holy shit you're retarded.

Attached: 1521753871008.jpg (947x1024, 123K)

install some security systems. Doesnt need to be crazy, but some motion detector lights and heavy bolts on your doors. Have a gun on your person 24/7 and maybe a few around the house stashed just in case. Have a fall back panic room loaded with a gun and some supplies like a medical kit, cell phone, ect and make sure its a secure behind a heavy door. Get your wife shooting and your kids too if theyre old enough or have them stay with a friend for a while until this blows over. Keep in contact with them through cell phones or even walki talkies throughout the day. I little bit of paranoia can go a long way, just keep your house fortified and yourself well armed. Maybe get a few more pistols as well.
Also, youre not being paranoid. people getting accused of being diddlers can and most likely will panic. People would rather be arrested for murder than pedo shit, so he might snap and try to silence you and the cops can be lazy fucks to stop it

Attached: im ready.jpg (800x1263, 81K)

send a family photo of your guns and gear and we'll see how you fair

If you catch them.

Have the two handiest folks I know with guns here helping with the farm anyways; we have a carte blanche on anything messing with the crops as well as yotes so we hunt regularly. Helper got a durr in the base of the skull at around 75 yards with the finn nugget the other day; was loaded with surp for yotes so it was the only humane shot possible in his opinion. Could likely get 3-5 more, one of which is really handy with a rifle, before logistics started to get fucked. Woman's gone, kids gone, crazy aunt is here with a rifle too and gives no fucks.

Sort of what I'm doing, though it's a bit of an innawoods camp right now. House is under construction and got stopped at foundation stage when hemp got legalized; shit is retardedly profitable now so it was time to strike. A few crappy buildings and greenhouses but they are barn tier, dwelling is an rv that is unoccupied and stands as bait along with the camp right now. I'm leaving lanterns lit and decoys and am attempting to hunt outside. Have 3 dogs, one of which is an over-judicious barker, would certainly bark at them but barks at everything, in a situation such as this I remain ready every time.

Attached: 20190704_111806.jpg (2576x1932, 1.2M)

So 4 people including the aunt?
Is there an uncle? Brothers? Father in law?
Male friends or business partners?

>4 law abiding citizens taking the law into their own hands to defend a million dollar hemp operation from a crazy pedo with a musket
Is this the full realization of the ancap dream?

Attached: Merge Visible.png (680x684, 911K)

Uncles are ancient; one brother is in Colorado and the other is just stupid, neither can shoot well though my youngest bro is a prize fighter. Father in law is a stroked out liberal cuckold. Business partners are here. About the core team is here, could draw in auxiliaries possibly but they would be most likely cannon fodder. Core group of bro tier friends is far, far away, would be hairy for them to come, though I should ask. Thinking of contacting churches in the area asap if it goes past tomorrow and the detective does nothing.

>Setup a blind.
>Wait til dear season.
>"OMG I didn't realize his front porch was within my line of site"
>NEVER break from your story.
>Die knowing you did something good in this world

>live in tn
so fucking deal with it when you catch them on your property
and make sure that your story is the only story that can be told
the fuck does the army teach you worthless faggots

Which part on TN? I'm in NE TN and I'll be willing to help you if you're close.

I like the cut of your aunt's jib.

Foundation? In ground? Could be useful, do not discount.

There is an element we're not taking into account. Mental state.
We assume that the enemy will strike from a distance with a large caliber rifle.
This is what a smart man would do.
This is what a sane man would do.
Criminals, especially sexual predators, act irrationally when cornered. It would be a safe bet that there is drug use in your area, what with it being the 21st Century.
Plan for unconventional warfare. Be wary of disturbed objects, things that don't belong, disturbed earth. If you allow the enemy to mine your fields, you have lost. Wetting the soil around the crop can keep it soft, check for footprints regularly.
Be on the lookout for trip-wires. It might be worth while to get a powerful magnet. Bury a shotgun shell with a nail on the primer, hey presto toe-popper. Keep track of what your guys are doing, no secret holes for the duration. Mining your own line might seem attractive. This can lead to one hell of a legal battle, strongle advise against.
This can also be personal. Knife, garrote, bludgeoning. If the enemy is deranged enough to fuck his own offspring, the enemy is deranged enough to want it up close. Life drain from your eyes, that kind of twisted shit. Add something like meth to the cocktail and my only recommendation is mag dump center mass.

Attached: 1561475919042m.jpg (1024x588, 50K)

He doesn't like the taste of acrid smoke.

Kek

Also, buddy system. Yeah yeah, goes without saying, but I haven't seen it mentioned yet (might have, very lazy) and it bears mentioning. The moment you have confirmed enemy inside the wire, regardless of why the enemy was present, call those other guys you mentioned. Big and scary is a valid tactic and numbers are always intimidating.
Try to sleep. To defeat the enemy you gotta fight the enemy. Keep your strength up. The stress is going to take a toll, paranoia will become a norm. Wouldn't dare speculate on your military service but nothing prepares you for combat, nothing prepares you for the maddening uncertainty of guerilla warfare.
Floodlights can make great distractions. Have a long cable, flash from the side. High output lamps behind the fighting position, classic tactic to discourage night raids.
Remember one phrase OP, a magic spell if you will:
"I genuinely feared for my life."
Good luck out there. Hope to hear a the next chapter in the saga of Hempbilly Versus Diddley Dan the Molesting Musketeer.

I just love the image, corncob pipe and all. It's the job I've always wanted.

Attached: 1533380690091m.jpg (273x1024, 77K)

Take your meds.

>hemp farmer with a fire team has the opportunity to legally pop some crazy pedo.

I have the feeling you're more here to brag instead of asking for advice. I don't blame you.

You already have it made with gillie user, guys on night watch, and getting strapped.

Just don't have your guys stand out in the open to get popped from a sniper in the bush. Do what the other guys here said and fill the place with tripwire flares, cameras, the works.

This is also a good excuse to get a thermal scope or two without pissing off your wife too much.

>Hempbilly Versus Diddley Dan the Molesting Musketeer
what did my sides ever do to deserve this

>The kids are now in custody of pedos if they got snatched by CPS.

SHUT. The. FUCK. UP. You literal fucking NIGGER you are absolutely the most annoying sort faggot that infests Jow Forums. Yes CPS is shit, they often times make mistakes yet to say that OPs neighbor kids are better off getting molested by their parents is balls to the wall retarded. Not all government workers are evil, not every single person is some secret NWO agent. While being a ward of the state won't be pleasant it will be a thousand times better than getting raped by their own dad. Now go back to your pizza and Q larp bullshit.Gayfucking nigger.

Attached: 1516038605829.gif (387x301, 715K)

High output lamps on timers would be a great deterrent.

NE, right next to the gap, ky, and va. Not harrogate but the next town down.

>cps
>not evil
Pick one. They're mindless bureaucrats who magically never manage to never not fuck up even though every fuck up is a kid fucked up.

They're either evil shits or so incapable as to be subhuman. There's a reason they're so universally reviled.