So I have tested many different brands of .22lr to this day and certainly the most dirty burning shit is Remington...

So I have tested many different brands of .22lr to this day and certainly the most dirty burning shit is Remington .22lr target in the plastic 100rd box.

Is Remington considered good value ammo in Burgerland?

Attached: itdoesfeed.png (470x500, 338K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cabelas.com/product/shooting/ammunition/rimfire-ammunition/pc/104792580/c/104691780/sc/104536080/federal-champion-training-lr-bucket/3138152.uts?slotId=1
youtube.com/watch?v=J4THRbvujAk
ammoseek.com/ammo/22lr/Remington-rimfire-33grains-
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>package thunderbolts as "target"
>sell to europoors for a premium

RFLMAO

Attached: justno.jpg (1155x1155, 130K)

No.

It's considered cheap shit ammo here.

The 500 round box of "22 thunderbolt" is infamous for being dirty as hell and causing malfunctions.

This. 250 rounds of Thunderbolt ammo was enough to completely fuck the barrel of my Victory.

thunderbolts are filthy unreliable garbage and i will never buy them again as long as i live

>Victory
>implying it wasn't totally fucked from the factory in a dozen other creative ways

Saying "I love 22 thunderbolt" is synonymous with saying "I love big fat cock up my ass".

Remington thunderbolts are considered bottom of the barrel .22lr ammo here in freedomland. CCI standard velocity is the good value.

This shit inside a match rifle shoots less than 0.1MOA

Attached: ffh.jpg (1000x1000, 51K)

Nah, mine shot great, right up until I started using Thunderbolts. Then I was having shots all over the place, tumbling bullets, failure to feed/eject, etc. Then I got a copper bore brush stuck in the barrel and fucked it good and proper.

This is a good value:

cabelas.com/product/shooting/ammunition/rimfire-ammunition/pc/104792580/c/104691780/sc/104536080/federal-champion-training-lr-bucket/3138152.uts?slotId=1

Its actually one of the cheapest .22lr you can find. I pay 5,50€ per 100rd.

>tfw I got 500 rounds of Thunderbolt ammo for 16 bucks

>pay $16 to clean your gun for 2hrs

Attached: 1552693526652.jpg (326x272, 14K)

Honestly Euroanon's price isn't that bad. His shit crosses an ocean and is subject to all kinds of commie Euro taxes.

Yeah, that's like a normal price for it. Anywhere from 10-15$ for a box of 500 is typical.

Its really not *that* bad of ammo when your expectations are correct for the price, and you're using it in an appropriate weapon. If ya just wanna fire 500 rounds in your backyard out of some shit rifle there's not too many options in that price range outside of buying in larger bulk quantities.

I remember that thread.
You are not a wise person.

anyone use that aguila 60gr stuff?

You take your rifle to the range, put 500 rounds through it, and don't clean your rifle after? That's fucking dumb. Shit I spend enough time cleaning my guns after each time I shoot them.

Nope, I'm not. I like to pretend like I know what I'm doing, but in reality I'm just another goddamn retard.

>tfw I have 1750 rounds of Thunderbolts to go through yet

I bought some of that during the Obama .22 famine.
It’s shit for any shooting, let alone being “match” ammo. Supposedly it’s just Remington Subsonic that has had “extra QC”
I’ve probably tested 25 different 22lr ammos for my benchrest 10/22 w/Fedderson barrel and it’s really hard to beat Federal Auto Match, Aguila Super Extra and CCI standard for cheap, accurate ammo. When you could find it, the Wolf/SK stuff was the best bang for the buck. It used to be under $20 a brick but word got out that it dabs all over most match ammo and now it’s tripled in price.
The Remington stuff sucks. The only thing I have found to be about as bad is Armscor.
That being said, every 22 is picky and some will shoot cheap stuff better than Tenex.
My gun, for instance, groups better with CCI Minimags than it does with Lapua Midas+

My 10/22 has unknown 1000s of rounds through it without cleaning. Same for my Ruger Mk.I.

I clean my carry gun after I choot it because I handle it a lot and don't want lead contamination all over everything but my .22s get run until they don't.

I just shot off 2 boxes of that with a couple of my guns. They're like 10 moa guns now. what the actual fuck.

Yes
Only way I could get it to work with my 10/22 was with a Volquartsen 1x9 twist barrel and a light recoil spring
It had horrible vertical stringing, but if you weight sort it, it does very well. Some of my best ever 100 yard 22lr groups were done with it.
Where I use it now is with my CMMG 22lr conversion. My AR’s are all 1x7 and it works better than any other “normal” ammo that needs ~1x16 twist.

Remington is ok if you are plinking. Like others have said it is burns very dirty.

I have a semiauto that Remington really cruds up the action. Groups terrible. On the other hand my old Remington Model 514 bolt action shoots very consistent tight groups with this ammo.

forgot to mention, my remshit was obama era too. Had one round crumple mid-feed from a huge void inside the projectile. A failure about every 100 rounds - a hard failure where several otber attempts to shoot it failed as well.

fuck. remington.

It weird that their 22lr is so bad by the regular CorLokt stuff isn’t half bad in my experience. Not great, but not terrible.
>The deadliest mushrooms in the forest”
Plus, gotta love the motto.....

Attached: C5E5067A-FAF1-419B-BA9E-9C5F45CFA506.jpg (259x194, 7K)

>causing malfunctions.
Which is weird because it's one of the few rounds my Walther likes.

I have 1500 rounds of aguila 22 I panic bought (CA), how is it?

>cleaning a 22 before the action is gunked shut

It's fine. choot it.

Most is ok
What type is it?

What happened to Remington anyways? Where they always just shit coasting off momentum of centuries past? I’m not even comfortable with buying their gun oil at this point.

>Where they always just shit coasting off momentum of centuries past?

As far as the big names that's literally everyone but Ruger in current year.

Yeah, that was happening to my Victory too. It handled 600 rounds of CCI mini-mags no sweat. But like 100 rounds into the Thunderbolts I was getting crazy shot patterns, bullets tumbling, etc. I think once I get my new barrel I'm going to try them again, but if the same shit starts happening I'm shitcanning them and spending some dosh on decent rounds.

I’ve shot that shit in my 10/22, it’s fine. Killed a few tree rats with it too

A replacement barrel isn't an option for me. what's the best way to clean this thing without fucking my gun barrel?

How the hell should I know? And do you really want my advice after what I did to the barrel of my Victory?

For real though, maybe a bore snake? That's what I was originally trying to use, but it wouldn't go all the way through the barrel of my Victory. Hence, the copper bore brush.

Buy copper mesh pot scrubber. Pull it apart. Wad up some strands till it's a plug a good size for the bore. Push it through the bore. Repeat until all lead is scraped out.

What about Savage, my dude?

I wasn't here for that thread, been afk for a while

noted, will look into.

Thunderbolts are fine, you guys are just fags

>>t. Never shoots

Attached: IMG_20190715_195137.jpg (4032x3024, 1.99M)

youtube.com/watch?v=J4THRbvujAk

>90% of shooting is .22
It shoots fine, you guys are just fags.

A Savage 64f I shot handled Remington thunderbolts just fine. It was accurate, and I only had two duds out of the whole box. However, shot it out of some pistols and one broke, the other would refuse to fire. It only fired every three rounds. Sounds like Thunderbolts are just better left to rifles.

Don't do this with rimfire.

Starting from clean, it will take a few rounds or up to a mag for the bore to settle as imperfections become smoothed over. You should then shoot it until you notice accuracy slip, at which point you clean it and start again. This will take several hundred rounds.

Changing ammunition can have the same effect, especially if you change to a bullet with different lube on it (i.e. going from something not heavily lubed to something super waxy).

Rimfire is not like centerfire in this regard.

Boomer here - used to shoot Remington yellowjackets in my 10/22. Targets were cans, potatoes etc and they were fast and accurate enough for this. Now they cost like 10cents/round.

Remington golden bullets and thunderbolts as well as any Winchester bulk are horribly dirty and inaccurate junk with bad case dimensions and some percentage damaged in manufacture/shipping. These are bottom of the barrel and I wouldn't buy them.

CCI Blazers are merely filthy, but reliable and mostly accurate. Armscor also dirty, mostly reliable and some are accurate.

Federal anything is pretty good but stovepipes in my 10/22 - no issues in my other 22s. I tried a new extractor but still have trouble with the more expensive Fed. CCI standard velocity is now my plinking go to, minimags are good. Aguila is also good but it smells funny. Geco works well but is slimey.

I’ve bagged about a dozen deers with core lokt

This is what I've heard that's why I've never bought any and typically get cci

thunderbotls give me hole in hole groups at 25 yards

>t Remington yellowjackets
are they still making these? where are you buying them? i havent seen yellow jackets anywhere for like a decade

targetsportsusa.com has them from time to time as well as other online sites. I want to get some to see if they're anything like they were in the eighties. I doubt it though.

ammoseek.com/ammo/22lr/Remington-rimfire-33grains-

my PPSFitty ate 300rds of thunderbolt last night without a single malfunction.

But it's freshly cleaned and lubed.

idk

Attached: Screenshot_20190717-203454_Video Player.jpg (1080x1920, 776K)

Wooden Ithaca is a patrician's choice, user. Good work.

For me thunderbolts are 'don't buy'. They are not really accurate in any of my guns and as I've said they are filthy. I've got a single six and after 12-18 rounds I have to force rounds to fully seat them in the chambers because of the 'crud-ring' buildup - this happens with alot of cheap ammo though. I've had an occasional fail to fire but these usually go off the second try. none of this is a deal-breaker yet. There have also been a few 'bent', dented, or otherwise oversize rounds that would not chamber in a clean gun and this pisses me off. And then I've had several occasions where I've gotten showered with hot burnt powder. Inspecting spent cases has turned up burnt and flaking or split case mouths - this worries me. I've never seen it with any other brand.

lol I only shoot armscor .22lr, which is the south american equivalent of remington thunderbolt so you can imagine the chunky soot. Cleaning the gun is part of the fun for me.

Attached: 46482073_498524087323504_3417178608941137920_n.jpg (287x480, 18K)

Weird, yeah I bought the brick of 500 to try because the feed ramps on the mags for this gun hate hollowpoints. They just smush the nose and then fold and FTF.

The solid round nose of the thunderbolts feed great, can rip off rapid 50rd drums just being dumb, or get 2-3in groups at 25yd shooting semi rapid like 2rds per second

Know of any other cheap, round nose 22lr that are 1250fps+?

Attached: 20190611_193228.jpg (4032x2268, 3.31M)

its dirty as hell but it doesnt cause malfunctions as long as you clean after youre done shooting

Yep! I used RWS on my high school rifle team in 2006. Better than Federal gold match .22LR.

armscor is made in the philippines though isn't it?

winchester and cci have always been my preferred brands. remington always burns dirtier and has more misfires and duds than the other two companies

bull fucking shit. I was in that thread, you're just the retard who doesn't know how to clean his gun

yup

This is such bad advice lol.

Try Aguila Super Extra HV. 40gr CPRN, 1255 fps.
Fed American Eagle HV 40Gr LRN 1260 fps.
CCI Blazer 40Gr LRN 1235 fps.

All of these are cheap and fairly dirty. All are very accurate in some of my guns.Aguila is probably best if you don't mind the primer stink.

>CCI 22LR 40 grain target

anyone?