/arg/ AR General Tripfag Development Group

This thread sponsored by Midwest Industries™ / Strike Industries™ Edition

OLD

Attached: 8cBpMe2[1].jpg (4032x2268, 2.35M)

Other urls found in this thread:

dsgarms.com/iron-sights-mi-peq15-fs
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7Q9O_jzs6Q
brownells.com/shooting-accessories/flashlights-accessories/accessory-mounts/ar-15-triple-rail-handguard-mount-prod78710.aspx?avad=avant&aid=41227&cm_mmc=affiliate-_-Itwine-_-Avantlink-_-Custom Link&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=Avantlink&utm_content=NA&utm_campaign=Itwine
bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-AR15-Upper-Receiver-Group-AR15-s/118.htm
bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-BFH-16-Mid-Length-Light-Weight-MCMR-p/bcm-urg-mid-16-bfh-elw-mcmr-15.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>another scc thread
no thanks

what part is midwest industries? the rail?

Nope, the front sight bus, its the peq sight that they sell.

dsgarms.com/iron-sights-mi-peq15-fs

Imagine buying a 13.5" URX 3.1 lmao

Attached: p7qelp7gxlp21.png (1073x1251, 312K)

In.

Attached: 5B5DE5E0-FE87-47D5-8C80-AE99A86D03B4.jpg (1598x2048, 820K)

Attached: trijicope.jpg (633x758, 160K)

Fuck i just now noticed the dot isn't in the center

neither will the shot you take 100+ yards with that 10MOA shift lol

bitch

Are you making fun about me or the MRO?
Cause I don't have one

the mro dude. you have to be blind to be such a shitty shot

1st for MRO

Thought so, my shot is pretty bad though
New shooter and can't train as much as I want :(

The funny thing is that this image does a better job illustrating the insanity of the haters than saying anything about the users.

He's making fun of YOU.

Hello yes is this where the bantz are?

Attached: 20190706_164652-2916x1159.jpg (2916x1159, 1.25M)

MRO users confirmed seething

we all start somewhere, im pretty damn sure youre not 10MOA bad though. all you need is 3-5 MOA for the boogalo

Looks nice, rail is a weird color but matches
Yeah, I'm not that bad, but it all ends up on paper which is passable

sounds like your illustrating the trijicope, if it aint aint an ACOG, RMR, hell even an accupoint, its shit. trijicon makes good shit but the MRO isnt one.

shoot cheap steel case and even grab a cheap beater rifle to practice the basics, barrel may erode due to shitty corrosive steel cased russian ammo but youll get it down.

Thanks user, actually in process of building a new AR, I'll post it here for bully

Do you get an endorphin hit when you say something that sounds authoritative (even though you know that you're ignorant about the subject)?

Attached: 1554150533846.jpg (919x720, 80K)

Getting a black RIS, arg can frig itself. Quad life best life.

go for it dude, an AR is better than no AR.

After doing some reading I'm pretty sure that both my parallax and my diopter setting were off during the sledding and mechanical precision testing of the Anime DMR 2.0

This was my first real scope, and a FFP at that, so I didn't know the exact process of setting the diopter and parallax. Shot over 100 rounds of match ammo lol, talk about more money than sense.

During the shooting I noticed I was absolutely unable to have both the target in crisp focus, in fact when the target was in focus the reticule nearly disappeared and when the reticule was in focus, the target was blurry as hell. In addition to that when I had messed with the parallax setting (I naively and incorrectly attempted to set it) I was unable to actually get things to the point where the reticule was stationary with head/eye movement.

From a couple different sources I've read that eliminating parallax error can reduce group sizes by up to 30% or that often people can shave 0.25" off of their groups by setting parallax correctly. This really bodes well as my smallest 5-shot group of 0.75" might have been a 0.5" group, and the average of eight 5-shot groups of 1.15" might be closer to 0.80"

Of course the proof will be in the pudding once I get the scope properly setup, and make a return trip to the range. Unfortunately that won't be for a while, so for now the Anime DMR 2.0 is a 1.1" gun, and I plan on keeping it until.

Attached: DSC04114.jpg (5286x2896, 3.12M)

dubs dubs of truth

Fact: You will never take a 100 yard shot with a red dot where you aren't able to get a good cheek weld.

Now bend over so I can lick your SEETHING tears.

Attached: 1541862459451.png (669x720, 341K)

@42069994
You seem to have confused Jow Forums with your blog.

had an MRO it was shit, traded it for a used m4, even a holosun was better than MRO, sounds like your attached to your purchase, quite possibly your first red dot, theres a reason why no one runs an MRO here or any where else for that matter.

Nice quad of confirmation

Attached: 1563409867245.jpg (640x612, 173K)

Attached: helpersk8er.png (1920x1081, 3.76M)

I didn't think it was possible but we've pushed him to the point he's posting anime girls

On topic of the MRO being shit, how is the VCOG?

had a holosun it was shit, trade it for a used MRO, even an MRO is better in every way than a holosun, sounds like your attached to your purchase because you spent a lot more on it, you have to keep justifying it to yourself, keep convincing yourself that your first and only red dot purchase was the correct one, even though you know it wasn't.

Attached: crocodile tears.png (512x512, 10K)

Jesus you're pathetic

like the accupower if it where a bit brighter I could of been better, the accupoint is OK though.

>we've pushed him
Lol, get over yourself, kid.

>reply comes 30 seconds after my post
You just sit in threads waiting for me to make a post, don't you?

this is your brain on the MRO, the chinese anodizing must be seeping into your brain.

Attached: 5ea.jpg (600x656, 51K)

No, i have nothing to do tonight so i just shitpost
while providing adequate advice where i can

You literally spray your beard with gold krylon. You're not allowed to give your opinion after you do that.

Get job

youtube.com/watch?v=Q7Q9O_jzs6Q

Attached: DSC04042.jpg (4897x2769, 3.64M)

I just finished building a PSA kit rifle! It was a lot of fun and I can't wait to shoot!

He needs a girlfriend, not a job

>!

Attached: Asobase.jpg (774x719, 74K)

Nice user, hope you have fun!

says the MRO owner, even ash had better sense, youre in no position to give any opinion because it will just shift 10MOA like the MRO.

Attached: 0e8.jpg (1024x595, 69K)

That's awesome, hope you have a good time friend!

He needs a lot of things that he'll never get

>my shot is pretty bad though
The better you keep a shitty dot centered, the less parallax you will suffer.

you mean BOYFRIEND or at least a trap.

unless its the MRO of course.

>does a better job illustrating the insanity of the haters than saying anything about the users
>He's making fun of YOU.
Confirmed: MRO shills trying to deflect criticism onto their own customer base and away from their own sub-par product. Did your PR team approve this tactic? This is a bad marketing strategy. It will catch up with you.

what stocc

>when the target was in focus the reticule nearly disappeared
This is likely your parallax.
>my smallest 5-shot group of 0.75"
May have been a 0.75" group that you were able to keep on track - or dumb luck; It was probably not a 0.50" group waiting to be. Parallax error will not be any more consistent than your position.

>Fact: You will never take a 100 yard shot with a red dot where you aren't able to get a good cheek weld.
Yet 3gun curriculum often demands it.

how high grain of 5.56 is possible to buy? the max I see is like 75.

your dmr is everything mine isn't- light and modern,

If it's too heavy it will plug your barrel

77 is the norm for distance shooting.

so I shouldn't get anything higher? I see one for 100 grain sub sonic but that's about it.

Underload your powder so you fill your barrel with squibs then load up a round with 50 grains of pistol powder and let her rip

Attached: cooldoggo.jpg (640x640, 68K)

Does this not apply to the MRO for some reason? I figured the parallax issue was similar to other RDS with parallax issues. I personally, have VERY little experience with the MRO.

Check the OAL to make sure that it fits your mags. Some LD loads are hand feed only.

20 inch or 16 inch 5.56 upper? mainly for home defense, but it would be cool if it I could use for long distance shooting later.

>I see one for 100 grain sub sonic
Check that OAL.

>mainly for home defense
16 inch. It will be good past 200 yards, provided the quality is there.

>not 14.5

MRO parallax is only a little worse than the Aimpoint T1.

16" would be good. Even as said, but I shoot my 16" way past 200, to 500 yards. You don't lose out on mechanical accuracy much by shortening a barrel, what you lose is velocity which affects how long your bullet is exposed to other factors (gravity, wind, etc.).

Attached: IMG_20190427_194733.jpg (1448x1931, 683K)

>but I shoot my 16" way past 200, to 500 yards
I was the other dude. Going out to 500, as you well know, entails a discussion regarding optics and/or acceptable deviation - which is probably not on his plate as a beginner. He can chime but I assume that he just wants to get primed without any big mistakes in gear selection.

Is there any point in changing my handguards? I'm okay with stock handguards. Do other handguards like magpul dissipate heat better?

what do you have now?

stock polymer, if there isn't any difference from performance I don't plan on changing

>Do other handguards like magpul dissipate heat better?
Probably not, provided you have a good handguard with heatshields. Magpuls are OK if you want to mount a light. I would not trust them for lasers to keep POI at POA. The biggest advantages to upgrades on the handguard will be seen when adding aiming references or free floating for accuracy.
tldr; ride the horse that brought you

so there isn't any point from upgrading from stock besides free float, you just do it to look tacticool basically?

or the ability to mount accessories.

or if you want to mount control accessories like grips. Some non free float handguards like kac ris/ras will play nice with lasers

any downsides to zip tieing a flashlight to an ar 15? would the heat from the handguards melt the ziptie?

you'd be better off getting a dedicated mount that attaches to the front sight block

>you just do it to look tacticool basically?
I need lasers for NV so I either need a solid drop-in or a free float. Since I already have the railed handguard I can mount the light and move my front sight forward. If all you need is daylight PewPewPew then OEM should be GTG. If you need a light then a tri-rail adapter on OEM or a Magpul handguard will suit you. If you want a full capability day/night carbine then the handguard is an essential upgrade.

This is probably all you need. It will impress no one her but it does the job.
>brownells.com/shooting-accessories/flashlights-accessories/accessory-mounts/ar-15-triple-rail-handguard-mount-prod78710.aspx?avad=avant&aid=41227&cm_mmc=affiliate-_-Itwine-_-Avantlink-_-Custom Link&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=Avantlink&utm_content=NA&utm_campaign=Itwine

*on here

yall succ

Attached: IMG_2707 (2).jpg (1804x523, 339K)

Thoughts on Del-ton's Dissipator upper? It's a "true" Dissipator, as it has a full rifle length gas system on a 16in barrel. Also, thoughts on Dissipators in general? I want a plain/vanilla upper (FSB, carry handle, traditional handguards, etc.) just for fun, and I'm trying to decide between a standard midlength upper or a Dissy.

Attached: CU112-2.jpg (600x105, 16K)

dissipators generally have poor reliability due to their short distance between the gas port and the muzzle. Go carbine length 14.5 if you want traditional and functional. There also exist mock dissipators with proper gas block locations but the external appearance of a dissipator.

Reposting from last thread because i'm dumb and didnt look to see if the thread was alive

-----------

I am thinking of getting a 16" barrel because I don't really want to go the SBR route just yet.

Would that change what upper and sights user might recommend?

I was looking at these two for my upper since price is identical (and Aero Precision apparently has proprietary rails?).

1) bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-AR15-Upper-Receiver-Group-AR15-s/118.htm

2) bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-BFH-16-Mid-Length-Light-Weight-MCMR-p/bcm-urg-mid-16-bfh-elw-mcmr-15.htm

Thx for the component suggestions user.

Attached: 1380732154250.jpg (331x481, 61K)

correct me if I'm wrong because I'm honestly learning
>HK MR556A1
=
>Civilian version of the M27 IAR ?

if this is true, the MR556A1 goes for like $2.5k at the cheapest (based on my extremely limited search admittedly)

So as a p00r, could I build a knock-off that would have anywhere near the quality/reliability
>does it still use a standard AR lower?
I mean it can't just be as simple as building a piston AR with a thicc barrel, or is that really all that it is?

Or is the M27 IAR and MR556A1 different in more ways than just full auto?
if so, could i more accurately build something like it?

Attached: 2-hkmr556-a1.jpg (800x800, 46K)

>Civilian version of the M27 IAR
No the MR556 (Match Rifle 5.56) is a civilian version of a HK 416D that has been "match"-ified to comply with german laws prior to the tdp being exported to HK USA
>Or is the M27 IAR and MR556A1 different in more ways than just full auto?
Barrel material and construction is completely different
Barrel profile different
Upper has a bunch of semi only denials
New rails are hkey vs quad
Couple other small internal changes
>So as a p00r, could I build a knock-off that would have anywhere near the quality/reliability
The piston system is only going to benefit you if you have auto which you dont. The whole exercise of building a semi only m27 IAR that is nothing like the original is a waste of time.

Attached: Sunny416.jpg (3408x1376, 3.52M)

>building a semi only m27 IAR that is nothing like the original is a waste of time

ok but, hear me out:
>what If I wanna do it anyway? also I'd be building it with a Binary trigger

>Barrel material and construction is completely different
how/can I but an equivalent?

>Barrel profile different
how/can I but an equivalent?

>Upper has a bunch of semi only denials
like what?

>New rails are hkey vs quad
that I'd chance to M-lok because fuck both of those

>Couple other small internal changes
like?

but from the sound of it I can use just a regular AR lower

so then another question becomes, are there any uppers that can be bought that match or closely resemble the M27?

Attached: russian react.jpg (720x905, 52K)

>what If I wanna do it anyway? also I'd be building it with a Binary trigger
Do you just want a heavy barreled AR for blasting with or do you want a m27 IAR/mr556/416d because you like it
>how/can I but an equivalent?
If your goal is to make a 1:1 M27IAR you need a marvin pitts made CHF barrel in the correct length+profile
>how/can I but an equivalent?
MR556 barrel is like 0.950 through and through iirc. If you want an m27 IAR you would need to have it turned to roughly 0.750 throughout. Doesnt matter though since mr556 barrel is completely unlined and will blow out under heavy fire
>like what?
The carrier lacks a sear trip and the barrel extension/carrier have a little nubbin+recess that the nubbin goes into to prevent an auto carrier from easily dropping in.
>but from the sound of it I can use just a regular AR lower
Sure if your goal is just to make an AR15 thats fine. The HK lowers have a bunch of geometry changes, most notably the 90 degree magwell vs the traditional swept magwell.
>so then another question becomes, are there any uppers that can be bought that match or closely resemble the M27?
Once again if your goal is a 1:1 M27 IAR then no there are no off the shelf upper that will come close. If your goal is a piston driven chf automatic rifle, no there is nothing on the market off the shelf. If your goal is a DI automatic rifle off the shelf, you are getting close but still very little in this way. If you are fine building a DI automatic rifle from some quality parts there is a possibility you could put something together.

Attached: HK BARRELS 02 (1).jpg (1920x1536, 696K)

Oh, it should also be added that every single piston "retrofit" kit is a heaping pile of shit and that any "decent" piston upper is going to cost you as much as a MR556 before modifying the thing away from a "match" configruation and towards a high volume of fire.

Im trying to steer you towards a DI system as a result.

Attached: 416barrel.jpg (1280x960, 233K)

i was actually just recommended a
>POF P416

>Do you just want a heavy barreled AR for blasting with
basically yes, but I also want the accuracy of the m27 if possible

>POF P416
This has a nitride button cut barrel. You want CHF CL
>basically yes, but I also want the accuracy of the m27 if possible
As mentioned above, you want a good quality CHF CL barrel if you plan to dump regularly and maintain accuracy. Something like a fat profile noveske chf or DD S2W 18" chopped to 16" would be a good start. From there you should get a vseven inconel gastube, pick a brand of pinned steel gas block and a handguard with sufficient cooling + standoff from the barrel so you dont burn your hands. Bolt should have crane upgrades like one piece ring, donut extractor ring and 5coil spring. Bipod should be KAC if you can spring for it, if not a harris with podloc could do.

Beyond that you can just use any other AR parts you would in a standard AR build of quality.

Attached: 416rev_1.webm (1080x1920, 2.94M)

>those groups
No offense meant here, are you sure that the recoil of 308 is not what is causing your groupings? Such as anticipating the recoil or you know it just kinda jumps out of your hand...?

Well how far is he shooing? 100? 200 yards?

From a sled

You only posted one.
But it’s a solid upper.
MBUS Pro if you want flip up or scalarworks if you want fixed irons.
You can save up and get a solid LPVO, or you can just grab a dot. Aimpoints are great, eotech also works.