Schutzhund Thread

I wanna turn my barky boi into a bitey boi. And don't tell me to go to /an/, either- I want to turn my dog into a weapon. When I feel like turning my rifle into a pet, I'll ask their advice.
Stats
Breed: White GSD
Sex: Male (intact)
Height: ~30" at the shoulder
Weight: 110lbs
Training: basic bitch sit/stay/heel with a few good agility commands down as well

What do I do to take him from a gigantic beautiful beast to a gigantic beautiful beast that has my back in the coming troubles?
Why? Because the beauty of the White German Shepherd must not perish from the Earth.

Attached: 2b8bf79bc038a2fa42b9dd705ffec7a3.jpg (529x640, 50K)

Yeah

my cattle dog loves to fuck those dogs up and make them scream like they are being raped
I guess they only work on humans

>Be me, working dispatch
>Statewide shit, multiple K9 units
>Secretly relish hearing "K9 DEPLOYED" through the radios
>mfw some crackhead thinks he can outrun a GSD

Attached: 1534386784772.gif (297x202, 1.21M)

Fuck yes. In addition to the obvious tactical buffoonery, my main reason is that my wife is about to have our baby and I want an automated weapon protecting them when I travel. And my wife is too.much of a retard for me to trust her with my guns.

Cattle dogs are gay. I bet your little faggot dog prances everywhere he goes.

all good until your dog decides that the baby is the enemy

he a shotcaller mothafucker

Well people always say say they're really good judges of character. It's possible he might notice something we don't.

That's shitbulls mostly. Absolutely shitter-tier dogs. GSDs are much better, though still need training.

my dog is gonna distract your dog while i blow your head off from 200m away

>10 months
slightly out of the recommended age range for training but I'm sure you can still get him assessed by a trainer.

Be warned though, it's not cheap and you can't skimp on it both during and after the fact.

Basic training + insufficient practice/maintenance= lawsuit

In the worst case scenario your dog is classified as feral after an incident and has to be put down.

My dog is gonna slide his massive dong inside your dog's boipucci while I bleed out from your gnarly headshot.

Thanks for the actual advice. I was actually going pretty hard on obedience from about 6 months on, but his hips looked pretty fucking goofy while he grew into his frame, so I assumed he was going to have pretty bad dispalacia and thus not be a good candidate for any Schutzhund stuff. It looks like the hips are cool now though.
Do you have any resources you recommend for finding a good trainer? All the shit I can find locally recommends owner/handler DIY and Schutzhund clubs, but nothing about looping in a professional.

My neighbor tried to do this with his brindle GSD, went to classes, was a cop, had his K9 buddies work with his dog.

He eventually had to shoot it because it latched on his arm and wouldn’t release, took a lot of stitches to close up his arm too.

>He eventually had to shoot it because it latched on his arm and wouldn’t release, took a lot of stitches to close up his arm too.
Tragedy all around there. Fuck that is a sad end...

testosterone injections, ankle weights on his legs, exercise him slot and get titanium teeth for him.
Also, keep him obedient

It's going to bite someone you didn't intend it to, and they're going to sue the shirt off your back.
If you want good home defense, invest in a home alarm system and an ar15.

I'm about to join the pluto pilots in my country's version of the National Guard.
An instructor will help me evaluate the dog I choose (and me), before any training will take place. But once that's done they'll provide the courses needed.
I'm not quite set on the breed yet, but everything goes as long as it's a work dog.

I'll take things that like totally really happend for $100 Alex

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 23K)

>Breeding with a retard
Probably a good thing.

the people in this thread have no fucking clue what they are talking about.
protection training and bite work absolutely do not make a dog magically mean.
Its a game to them and they treat it as such.
there are a few airforce K9 handlers on here and if you are lucky they might respond.
number 1 thing is that your dog needs pretty good discipline.
number 2 is it absolutely must have object drive. All of the training is based on object drive.
you want your toy?
then do this
eventually working your way to bite work.
scared and nervous type dogs are rejected right off the bat. They have to have confidence and not be fucktards

but at the end of the day it's all about the object drive

t. took my gsd and gf gsd to big protection trainer.