.308 SHTF

What's a durable (preferably steel), quality .308 rifle that could stand up to some abuse? I'm a little biased towards an FAL but DSA only makes cast receivers and I've heard their QC has gotten worse?

Attached: 1563292281134m.jpg (1024x713, 227K)

Other urls found in this thread:

robertrtg.com/store/pc/HK-STEEL-SHELL-DEFLECTOR-NEW-GERMAN-p43.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

good dog, he knows.

I recently traded one of my AK's for a PTR for SHTF, I love it. Big bonus is it eats through steel, so pretty much any scavenged .308 rounds she'll run. Just remember, the golems are just the nigger pets of their true masters. I'm looking at you, jews.

Attached: 1560127003004.jpg (480x720, 60K)

My man

>>>/leftypol/

PTR 91 is what you want. $3 mags, cheap furniture, and it will shoot anything you put in it. For suppressor use you just replace a $7 locking shoulder. Recoil isn't as bad as every one makes it out to be either.

Attached: 20181117_145120.jpg (1046x3474, 2.3M)

Go dilate you nogunz tranny
We know you come from that shithole, go back

OP here
Any advice on a JLD vs the current PTR models (or a good submodel of the PTR-91)? Also their site isn't working but I'm curious if they are forged steel as well...

HK roller delayed guns are stamped sheet metal received with the barrel pressed and pinned into a trunnion like the AKM

Older ones didn't have paddle release for mag. If you're new to the roller lock system, don't get a C308 or Century CETME if you don't know what to look for. They will tempt you, but you wouldn't know how to spot a bad versus good one.

Wouldn't a L1A1 be a better choice ?

not getting an AR-10 in the day and age where they have the same or less cost than a good working PTR/FAL is just delusional from a strictly practical position

>mags cost more

>1 gorillion configurations with readily available parts
>some interchangeability with AR-15 components like furniture and triggers
>receiver already accepts optics
>barrels accurate, cheap, and everywhere
>oops kits practically grow on trees in the US
>multi caliber receivers easily re-chambered with a barrel and buffer swap

the meme rifles are cool but once in a while you have to stop playing pretend

Get some sort of AR-15 in .308.

> the meme rifles are cool but once in a while you have to stop playing pretend

You have no idea to what lengths these snowflakes will go to to justify buying something other than an AR and Glock. It must get painful at some point to know deep down any other gun is a waste of time

Post guns or bicep

The PTR 91 GI or GIR models are the ones that look like the old G3. They are great rifles.

>snowflake
Why is this faggoty overplayed term making a resurgence

AR fags are forever ass blasted they aren't manly enough for a real battle rifle. Cheap excuses ensue.

>A rifle is inherently better because you could waste more obey on it with irrelevant shit
Go back to your containment thread

DSA and the PTR rifles are both bad choices for SHTF. Soft, 4140 non-CHF, non-chrome lined steel kills it for them. Even if you only fire 200 rounds a year (basic requirement IMHO for keeping acquianted with handling your rifle) you only have 10-15 years before your accuracy goes to shit and you start keyholing. That is if the rifle is stored under perfect conditions and you clean it frequently and dont run corrosive surplus through it. The lack of a chrome lining will cause it to rust much faster under adverse conditions (such as SHTF). Barrel replacement is a bitch and they are hard to find, and to my knowledge there are no G3 CHF CL barrels in current production. They are decent range or innawoods funs, but not good SHTF choices.

Stag10. You dont need a $5000 rifle to kill niggers dead. All that matters is the gun goes bang when you pull the trigger, and you can hit things from 1-300m even when they're moving at man speed.

Are you seriously implying that a ptr has a barrel life if 2-3k rounds? How retarded are you?

>It must get painful at some point to know deep down any other gun is a waste of time
It's not though, this argument is like saying the F150 and toyota camry render all other cars a waste of time.

OP again
What rifle would you recommend in that case because material composition and durability are critical factors for me

>there are no G3 CHF CL barrels in current production
Good thing I got a CETME with a hammer forged barrel then.

>2-3k rounds
Well around 4-5k rounds seems to be the numbers thrown around

this, more parts and mags around for the AR platforms as well, easier optic mounting etc

Attached: 01-stag.jpg (1200x800, 485K)

Give me the quick rundown on buying FALs.
I want to, but don't know where to look or what name to be looking for.
Availability, ballpark price, whatever

There are no chrome line G3 barrels in production because there have never been any chrome lined G3 barrels.

Barrel life expectancy, as defined by the manufacturer is 6k rounds. Usually that is tested under optimal conditions and doesnt take into account things like running bi-metallic bullets, grit and grime in the barrel, rusting or pitting (from moving your rifle around in various weather conditions). Running it super hot, etc. I wouldn't be suprised at all if, under these likely and sub optimal conditions you will encounter in SHTF the barrel life is signifficantly less.
First I would reccomend you ask yourself, why. 308? Its more expensive to stock, rifles are more expensive, you cant carry as much because its heavy and large. It has advantages at long range but out of something like a PTR, you arent getting the accuracy to hit reliably at 200+yards where that starts to matter. Also, are you set on semi-auto? There is an advantage for self defense and warfare, but for SHTF you need something with peak reliability, light weight, and simple to repair. A bolt gun, such as a Savage or Howa 1500 would fit that a bit better. If you are dead set on semi-auto and 308, memes aside, you can get an AR-10 with a CHF chrome lined barrel, there are some that are lighter than the PTR design, and parts are slightly more easy to find if needed.

Not that user, but phoneposters don't get to tell people to go anywhere.

Turkish G3's are CHF and chrome lined.

PTR. Mags are cheap, but go with a paddle mag. Button a shit

If you find a JLD gun, the lower the serial the better the quality. But there is a problem, many of the first run of JLD ptrs have a heavy bull barrel and no way to mount a bayonet or flash hider. Somewhat inconvienient, I have one of those guns and I just accept the advantage of a slower to heat up barrel and potential for better accuracy for the disadvantages of no barrel attachments.

Considering getting an original Hensoldt 4x scope for it, but the cheapest I can find them is $800 and I paid $850 for the rifle, but I know that once it is mounted the rifle will still only be worth maybe $1200

I know this is bait, but most of us have guns for fun. We'll have a few guns for SHTF, self defense, or whatever, but everything else is for fun, and there's nothing wrong with that.

>AR-15
>.308

>AR-15 in .308

Attached: 1513140134144.png (376x302, 199K)

3-5 MOA, ill take my Springfield

>something like a PTR, you arent getting the accuracy to hit reliably at 200+yards
Why would you go on the internet and talk about shit you obviously have no experience with? I bet you think the Howa and Savage you're recommending are "MOA guns" too.

Wrong

Wrong

Just get a WASR

Attached: N64.jpg (4032x2268, 2.68M)

HK style rifles are garbage

bad reliability
bad ergonomics
bad cost
bad function

the only good thing about them is they look cool

Bonus points if you can guess the breed. Hint. It has something to do with that countrys name

>bad reliability
bad bait user, too obvious

Cant get an ar10 in mass, cant even register 80%s so cant shoot them at ranges legally

he's right about everything else tho

This is an American imageboard, your communist bullshit is irrelevant.

Not really.
>bad cost
Yeah, if you're buying an out of production HK rifle, it's gonna be expensive. But he didn't say HK rifles, just HK styled. C308 and PTR are both extremely cheap for .308 semi-autos.
>bad ergonomics
Manlet complaint
>bad function
Fuck no.

Why do faggots shill so hard for the AR “platform/weapon system/?”

Because its cost to performance ratio is unmatched.

Is there anything that can be done about the rifle's habit of mangling brass tho? It seems like it wouldn't be very useful for people who are invested into reloading.

>AR and Glock.

>AR
Yep, absofuckinglutely an AR from a reputable manufacturer that you've tested 800+ rounds through is GTG 10/10
Other guns will still do the job though. My current primary is my Z43P (pinned and welded flash on a 12" barrel with a collapsible stock) because it's bomb proof and smol, has a 1-6x24 LPVO, built in tripod, it's good.
But an AR would be better

>Glock
Fucking lol, you're such a tool, the M&P9 2.0 is the new price/function champ. Glock are overpriced and underperforming brand fag guns.

>Good AR15 with Gen3 Pmags and an LPVO minimum of xm193 for shtf ammo
>M&P9 2.0 full size or the long slide with a TLR1HL or X300U and minimum of Federal 124gr+p or 147gr HST for shtf ammo

Fuck, meant to say bipod, I got the brick heavy HK bipod on it.

Also, AR should have a MS1 or the SQS Gen2 at the most basic poverty level.

fucking kek

Some AR-10s are durable, reliable, quality and come at a fair price. People say great things about the S&W ones.

Some of you need to take weight and inertia more in consideration, we are talking about SHTF here not going to the range or woods to have some fun.

There is a little device you can get that attaches to the ejection port that prevents brass from being dinged as bad

robertrtg.com/store/pc/HK-STEEL-SHELL-DEFLECTOR-NEW-GERMAN-p43.htm

This one you need to weld on but I have seen one that you attach without needing to weld but I forgot where I saw that part.

Rhodesian Ridgeback. At least the spinal mohawk/dorsal thing looks correct. Also requesting someone shop a FAL onto one and have dogs capable of keeping both the lions and uprisings of the nation at bay.