Why haven't pistol caliber bolt guns become a thing?

Why haven't pistol caliber bolt guns become a thing?
I'd totally buy a threaded 9mm bolt gun.

Attached: De_Lisle_Rifle.jpg (1920x761, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n-x6mudSSn8
youtube.com/watch?v=l5O_abR3kYw
youtu.be/24T5Upxj19M
capitolarmory.com/silencerco-octane-9-hd2-pistol-suppressor.html
silencershop.com/silencerco-octane-45-hd.html
advanced-armament.com/Ti-RANT-9M_p_722.html
silencershop.com/aac-ti-rant-45m.html
youtu.be/vydILDfxEnU
modernrifleman.net/2016/06/23/silencer-shop-authority-rugged-suppressors-obsidian-45-review/
personaldefenseworld.com/2017/05/silencerco-hybrid-home-defense/
youtu.be/Vt4AJM75dIU
ruggedsuppressors.com/obsidian/
gunsamerica.com/digest/suppressor-review-aac-illusion-9mm/
brownells.com/handgun-parts/barrel-parts/muzzle-devices/suppressors/srd9-suppressor-9-mm-luger-direct-thread-prod86229.aspx?cm_mmc=affiliate-_-Itwine-_-IR-_-60594&utm_content=60594&aid=420441&utm_source=ir&utm_campaign=itwine&utm_medium=affiliate&source=ir&clickid=Reu3yVRg:xyJRcewUx0Mo382UklTCPUWPXU1Us0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They are a thing, they're just kinda niche.
They are making repro De Lisles now. The Ruger 77 is popular and available in both .357 and .44 mag. And there's more exotic stuff too, like pic related. That shoots a .50 BMG projectile just barely subsonic.

Attached: 50snipeh.jpg (575x382, 48K)

Yeah I just want a simple 9mm bolt action.

Their was a gun rebarrelong .22tcm bolt actions to 9mm but I think he is out of action and I might remember tons of complaints about him taking money and not providing guns.

>bolt action
>modular
>titled as rifle or pistol
>takes glock mags
>factory threaded

All of the meme guns being made I would think someone could swing this.

Hmm, I don't think that would be too hard to build. Rem 700 style action (XP-100 if you want to get fancy), 9mm barrel. Hardest part would be accepting the glock mags, but I bet you could cut up a glock-mag-accepting ar9 lower and glass it into a wood stock. Might look a little strange but it's certainly doable.

I am imagining a bolty boy with a dremeled up glock 17 grip hanging from the action.

>other options

There is a company that converts leverguns to short rimless auto calibers but costs are extreme.

Attached: 88dacf7804ef3c16be4eba87797d6c13-920x518.jpg (920x518, 56K)

when precision is important enough to warrant a bolt gun, wtf would you want a bullet with an awful BC?

I kind of like it.

youtube.com/watch?v=n-x6mudSSn8

I suppose you could ghetto rig the job with a dremel. I was thinking about inletting the magwell entirely into the wood stock. If you took your time it would look factory.

Precision is only part of it, it's really about *quiet*

The precision isn't the issue as user stated, it's the volume levels. Looking for super quiet, but more oomph than a 22lr.
>why not 300blk
Honestly cost and availability. But weight can also play into it.

I assume that when you're talking about cost/availability/weight you're referring the ammo?

IMHO if the goal is maximum quiet then you should pick a round which is naturally subsonic. Since the speed of sound is a hard upper limit on velocity, the only way to get more power is increasing your bullet mass. 45 ACP or 45 Colt would be better than 9; most loadings are still subsonic even out of an 18" BBL. In fact, they tend to come out just under the speed of sound which is about as good as you can hope for.

44 Mag with 300 grainers would be just barely subsonic out of an 18" barrel.

It's grotesque and gorgeous at the same time.

Am I retarded or is that an airsoft gun?

ruger m77

Yes, and rifle weight also.
147gr 9mm is also subsonic and can be had at 16.5cpr. Can go all the way up to 165gr 9mm.

44 mag would be rather pricey, with no common detachable mags, and much louder.

45acp (~23cpr) is more expensive and louder than 147gr 9mm.

it's airsoft. The shitty MK23 airsoft suppressor is a giveaway. Not to mention the mags.

>CPR
What exactly do you plan on doing with your super-sneaky quiet rifle that requires you to buy so much ammo that its cost matters that much? That's not the kind of gun that you just magdump.exe.

> Can go all the way up to 165gr 9mm.
I love that stuff, I've been buying it from UNAC. It's more expensive than other 9 though.

>45acp (~23cpr) is more expensive and louder than 147gr 9mm.
I'll certainly grant you the price difference, but how loud they are depends on a whole host of other factors.

ALL LEGAL USES YOU FUCKING FED

I have thought a Ruger Scout in .450 bushmaster would work for a quiet bolt action.

>what do you plan on doing with your assault rifle that ammo tax matters to you?
I kid but what does anyone plan on doing with their guns?
Idk shoot it for fun like I do with all my guns?
Don't think so much in terms of how much you'll shoot per session or similar, try to picture more along the life of the gun.
Let's say you think you'll shoot 5000 rounds through it, the difference between 147 9mm and 45acp (current prices) is $325, or enough to make it almost 7000 rounds of 9mm vs 5000 45acp

>loudness depends on other things
Yes, but all things being equal i.e. suppressor size and design
A 9mm can will be quieter than a 45 can,
How much does that matter? Idk, its generally like 4-5db. But since its logarithmic, that means 3db more = double the sound energy, 10 ~= double the perceived volume.
Obviously tone and similar can change the perceived loudness too.

>No common detachable .44 mags
>Desert Eagles don’t exist

What are they like $50?
At that point you might aswell go for a 458 socom bolt gun, could probably make it so it takes ar mags

Because they suck.

No u

Attached: 1507997528664.jpg (549x430, 39K)

>Let's say you think you'll shoot 5000 rounds through it, the difference between 147 9mm and 45acp (current prices) is $325, or enough to make it almost 7000 rounds of 9mm vs 5000 45acp
$325 over the course of several years is negligible.

>Yes, but all things being equal i.e. suppressor size and design A 9mm can will be quieter than a 45 can
Source for data?

>Rail mount acts as a casing deflector
>Everything is still removable and could maybe fit different models
>Recoil could be negated considerably with additions, even more if weighted at the fore-end
>Kinda reminds me of metro 2033
Might want it in a different size, bit still... kinda want. It’s almost elegant in it’s own way.

>>airshits have casings to deflect

>Implying I’m taking about the whole thing and not the idea of the design

1) no one make them because it stupid.
2) you’re stupid
3) here ya go you dumb stupid faggot

Attached: 00C649D5-A62F-4947-9E99-78E4790507DD.jpg (1792x1132, 255K)

Don't see why someone couldn't make a bolt action upper for AR9 lowers.

Ngl it's not so much over several years as I just buy bulk reloading components, so I dont care as much about factory prices.

It's because of the larger holes, a 9mm drilled to .05 over has an area of .126sq inches, a 45 can drilled .05 over .196 sq inches
So it's a 50% increase in area that allows more gases to escape around the bullet between the baffles, from a cartridge that has more powder behind it, therefore more gas to slow.

You can find plenty of sources online (yep I made the claim, and I'm providing the answer Google it for more sources, something something fuck the burden of proof), but you can think about it more logically, why is a 22lr very quiet compared to a 9mm?
It has less gas to slow, and smaller baffle holes to prevent more gas from slipping around.

All of that is gone if you use super 9mm.

Sometimes 9mm is quieter with a 45 acp version of a suppressor, because of the increased internal volume

If the stock was only slightly less retarded I'd be all over that

>area
Sure, but .45 cal cans are also generally larger, which mitigates this.

>but you can think about it more logically, why is a 22lr very quiet compared to a 9mm?
Too many variables involved.

>Sometimes 9mm is quieter with a 45 acp version of a suppressor, because of the increased internal volume
Yes. The bore diameter of the can is only one variable among a bajillion, which is what I stated several posts ago. The type of action the gun has, the barrel length, the type of powder, the bullet weight, the design and volume of the supressor, etc, all those things matter, therefore it's a bit dumb to make blanket statements about 9mm being quieter than 45.

user the statement was all things being equal other than caliber. It wasn't a dumb statement it was a true statement. The 'points' your making are not as they were not relevant to what was initially said.

>but all things being equal i.e. suppressor size and design a 9mm can will be quieter than a 45 can
Then your argument is bUt 45acP IS uSuAlLy BiGger! WHaT aBoUT tHe OtHer VaRIabLES!? SeE YouR wRoNG!

And if 9mm was used out of the same size can, guess what? It'll still be quieter.

Because of the NFA. I was thinking about that earlier today. Imagine how much more innovative we could be without that nfa horse hockey.

Attached: 67366246_2371686369825125_6585619628657999872_n.jpg (960x884, 150K)

I have a Novem rifle in 9mm.
Basically a TCM22 rifle in 9mm with integral silencer over the barrel. It is quieter than my 9mm can and maxim 9. Not quite as quiet as 22 can, but still quite nice.

Attached: novem.jpg (660x334, 35K)

>user the statement was all things being equal other than caliber
And that's an absurd supposition. There's no such thing as "all things being equal" when comparing two cans. Unless you are talking about buying two 9mm cans and drilling out the baffles in one to .45 and then comparing those two side-by-side there will be differences. One might be another brand than the other, they will have different baffle shapes, different volumes, etc.

All you have to do get me to shut up is to post or link to some test data proving your point. I'm not saying your are wrong, I'm saying that I want to see data rather than suppositions.

>And if 9mm was used out of the same size can, guess what? It'll still be quieter.
Depends. The 9mm will probably have lower pressure at the muzzle than the .45, therefore the relatively larger volume of the can will make it more effective. OTOH, more sound escapes the exit hole at the end of the can. We can't say which of those two factors will dominate without more information.

I'm sure you can find and post some data comparing several typical 45 cal cans on common pistols with several 9mm cans on common pistols and see what they say.

This is a video of the novem9 compared to unsuppressed and tcm22 caliber in the same rifle.

youtube.com/watch?v=l5O_abR3kYw

this guys is either a retard or a brilliant troll....

"lower pressure on 9mm"

oh man either way its funny

Attached: CANADIANPOLITICIAN!.jpg (976x1262, 201K)

Cool airsoft gun faggot

Your a special kind of retard arent you?
youtu.be/24T5Upxj19M
9mm quieter than 40s&w quieter than 45 through the same can

9mm 127db
capitolarmory.com/silencerco-octane-9-hd2-pistol-suppressor.html
45 132db
silencershop.com/silencerco-octane-45-hd.html

9mm 33db reduction
advanced-armament.com/Ti-RANT-9M_p_722.html
45 33db reduction
silencershop.com/aac-ti-rant-45m.html
>wait that doesnt help his point
The 45 can has non trivial more volume, so if the 9mm can had the same volume it would be further quieter.
Your adding more weight and size to get the same sound reduction as 9mm.

youtu.be/vydILDfxEnU
9mm
osprey 132db
Octance 133db
Ti rant 129db
Revolution 9k 134db

modernrifleman.net/2016/06/23/silencer-shop-authority-rugged-suppressors-obsidian-45-review/
129db with 45 acp
123db with 9mm through the same can

personaldefenseworld.com/2017/05/silencerco-hybrid-home-defense/
125db with 9mm
130db with 45
130db with 556

Since you have such a strong understanding of suppressors and since you then made the claim that 'more sound escapes the exit hole at the end of the can' (rather than using the term end cap like a non retard) why dont you find me a single instance of subsonic 9mm being louder through a 45acp can than 45acp through an 45acp can.
Hint, you won't. As 9mm is quieter than 45 as I previously stated, all things being equal, and in many instances of signficant differences between the cans.

I always pronounce that rifles name as Delsin in my head.

It was a surprise to hear it be called a De-lie-al in real life.

Attached: 5af.png (200x246, 79K)

Attached: f4d.png (469x350, 150K)

>why dont you find me a single instance of subsonic 9mm being louder through a 45acp can than 45acp through an 45acp can.

I'm not the one making claims, user. I'm just asking you for your data.

I'm not asking you for "thru the same can".

I'm asking you for the average volume of many dedicated 45 cans vs. the average volume of many dedicated 9mm cans.

Not dB reduction.
Not comparing 9mm shot from a 45 can.
Just simple data showing that "the average volume of a 9mm shot thru a can is X, and the average volume of a 45 is Y", and then we can compare if X or Y is bigger.

>>all cans have removable end caps

Stop being stupid.

yes, he was a massive faggot.

I love older prints of suppressors where they list asbestos liners as a thing.

The initial claim was 9mm was quieter than 45acp all things being equal,
I've shown several examples of this, what shows this more than anything else is 9mm being almost half the percieved volume of 45acp, through the exact same suppressor.
I've provided many links to expand off that showing that 9mm is still quieter through most dedicated suppressors.
>not do reduction
9mm and 45acp have been metered at the same levels before so reduction is very relevant.
youtu.be/Vt4AJM75dIU
161-162 vs 161 for 9mm
ruggedsuppressors.com/obsidian/
Best 45acp suppressor 129db
Wow amazing.
Hmmmm I seem to remember some links showing many 9mm cans below that............................
gunsamerica.com/digest/suppressor-review-aac-illusion-9mm/
brownells.com/handgun-parts/barrel-parts/muzzle-devices/suppressors/srd9-suppressor-9-mm-luger-direct-thread-prod86229.aspx?cm_mmc=affiliate-_-Itwine-_-IR-_-60594&utm_content=60594&aid=420441&utm_source=ir&utm_campaign=itwine&utm_medium=affiliate&source=ir&clickid=Reu3yVRg:xyJRcewUx0Mo382UklTCPUWPXU1Us0
Again dedicated 9mm cans are smaller and lighter, when you even start to compare similar size, or even better the same suppressor of 9mm vs 45, 9mm is clearly quieter.

You replied to my post but you didn't seem to understand it. Let's try again:
>Just simple data showing that "the average volume of a 9mm shot thru a can is X, and the average volume of a 45 is Y", and then we can compare if X or Y is bigger.

don't post links. just post a list of numbers. X and Y.

>no I dont like proof that way spoonfeed me more

Not much of a market for them. Also many people in the gun community are autistic. They cant understand novel gun concepts that are for fun. I could see it changing though because ar15 will become boring evetually and people may want something different

Attached: 102EA538-7154-45C3-BA54-B93833CE7D13.jpg (650x182, 15K)

I have a strong want.

Attached: 2019-05-10.jpg (960x960, 100K)

I was very clear with what I was asking for. it's not my fault if user's reading comprehension is broken.

Why use 9x19 if you can use 9.3x64?

Attached: 1560892044684.gif (320x180, 2.51M)

I kind of hate and love this at the same time. like an ugly chick that makes your dick hard for some reason.