6th Gen Fighter

What do you think about the USN'S 6th gen fighter?

I think it is China/10

Attached: How-Sixth-Generation-Jet-Fighters-Could-Change-the-Future-Air-warfare.jpg (720x380, 175K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=20oaNPimZuM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: Northrop Grumman.webm (1280x720, 636K)

Well, there's zero official designs being published, and we likely won't see much of anything until the program is near IOC, so we won't have much to talk about for another 5 years or so.

>canards

did america give up

So far, all of these renders are artist's impressions.

Attached: Boeing6thGen.jpg (480x360, 18K)

I think they should make stealth fighter/attackers their own category. I think there should be a non-stealth fighter optimized for performance and not stealth for when stealth isn't optimal.

selth technology is making great leaps, but sometimes a shit-ton of missiles and bombs is better than a few good shots.

stealth fighters are good for offensive operations against enemy air and ground targets. non-stealth fighter should seen as patrol and QRF forces.

>2019
>not drones

Skynet pls go

>I think it is China/10

China's 6th Gen would rather be a full flying wing design, according to the latest information.

Attached: gv5OCIk.jpg (759x534, 62K)

If I remember correctly, the aircraft is supposed to be designed to be optionally-manned or something like that.

I don't know who made this image but it's bad af
Nothing is right about it, except the tail hook

>nations can cover a continent with radar on a budget
>college kids are building high precision SAMs

Lmao all the 4.5 gen fighter programs should be scrapped. You only need a bunch to patrol your airspace from peace time intrusion, but the moment shit hits the fan you might as well send your pilots on vacation. WW3 will be fought with stealth fighters, missiles, and spec ops conducting sabotage on the previous two.

I wasn't saying that the majority of the fleet should be non-stealth only that we should provide a specific designation for stealth planes to distinguish them in emphasize their importance. non-stealth models are for patrol and QRF where stealth is not a priority.

missiles still have a shit hit rate for non-stealth planes. its at about 64% for the best anti-air.

AURORA IN FLIGHT
youtube.com/watch?v=20oaNPimZuM

>missiles still have a shit hit rate for non-stealth planes. its at about 64% for the best anti-air.

Fire two. Missiles are cheaper than aircraft.

they kinda already are. The F-15 is a great fucking plane, but the F-22 would be a top notch fighter even without stealth. The F-35 can just network with the F-15 to launch a shitton of missiles beyond radar range.

I don't care how it looks. I care about what it can do.

As Kelly Johnson once said, if it looks good, it’ll fly good.

You can't have anything new until the F-35 development cost is paid off.

I don't think you understand how this works. The dev cycle for the F/A-XX is very much underway. Expect a decision on who gets the contract in a few years.

What's the point of these modern fighters? They cost hundreds of billions to develop, and for the same price we could just build more F16s than our enemy has anti-aircraft missiles.

>what are offset strategies

Serious question - what is your IQ and age? I'm curious because many people over 100/18 don't know, despite offsets being strategy 101.

>tiny engines

Those artist's CG renderings are yikes.

>fire two
which is why missile trucks like the F-15X are relevant and will remain relevant until we can somehow have a fighter aircraft be stealthy without sacrificing payload.

Those were the days
I miss going to the internet cafe with my friends and playing this, quake, CS, HL multiplayer, RA2, COD 1&2.

That's a load of bullshit tho

What source are you using for that number? The one that counts a successful double missile launch as 50% failure?

A lot of future plans call for networked drone wingmen. So you have one manned plane with 3 drones under his control. The idea being that the drones can be sacrificed if need be and add redundancy to everything.

Belka pls go

>2019
>not using superior Belkan witchcraft technology

Based
Cringe

Attached: raven and sons.webm (1280x720, 1.2M)

Let me guess, they are gonna claim this isn't a copy of a foreign design either?