/meg/ Military enlistment general

>took too fucking long edition
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga (embed)

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke???
No.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png (embed)
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
strawpoll.me/4671253 (embed)

Attached: 88ea0621-80f6-47b3-fd25-014382f4f49b.jpg (2000x2000, 229K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rightnation.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=223191
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've called an Air Force recruiter the other day but got sent to voicemail, so I left my info. Is there a certain amount of time I should wait before calling again? I figured I'd give them till at least Monday to get back to me before I tried a second time.

just call back monday user

Is west point worth it?

I just took a long hiatus from masturbation, how do I reintegrate it without it being unhealthy?

28 old man here, I hav a degree but I just figured i should enlist AF to get into the system and if officer was tempting I could do it later. I am feeling really out of shape though but this might be my last shot at a career.

>but this might be my last shot at a career.
go officer for a real career. the most an enlisted "career" can be is the equivalent to a manager at McDonalds

Are you including intel in that mcjob list?

What do you guys think of this? 16 year olds being allowed in? What chance does this have at actually happening?
rightnation.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=223191

Well I graduated college last year. Was talking to Air Force spec op recruiter before walking. Talking about PJ, I had a lot of people say don't go in yet. So I just took the year after graduating working full time and now doing ministry work in a other state. I am thinking about Air Force PJ again. I know its hard, but it seems fitting. I like the fact they save lives and get people out of cross fire. Good career field in the long run as well. I guess you can say I flaked out at first. But it is still in my mind, think about it all the time. I'm 24, lay all the critisicm at me all you want.

do cav scouts go through 30th AG? i heard the story of the other user and am concerned

Attached: 152134213423141421.png (500x605, 118K)

No, 30th AG is at Benning, and I'm pretty sure 19Ds go somewhere else. Don't expect the reception there to be any better unless told otherwise by a scout. You only hear about Benning horror stories because most idiots go infantry.

Can I still get a 1 for the lower extremities on my pulhes if I can’t move my left food inwards a little bit? I also have low arches, but those don’t really physically inhibit me.

Attached: AF265991-315D-47FC-A778-7497EED18C7A.jpg (557x429, 106K)

Respond to this plzzz.

if you think you can make it go for it. I think the OP has a resource for PJs, at least it should

Thinking about going 3P0X1 air force. I'm really just trying to sit on my ass till I turn 21 and can get Lasik and go 152B Army, is it at all hard?

Very embarrassing question but whatever. I have a super nervous bladder. I got through MEPs only because I drank so much water I felt like I was gonna die. I'm assuming when I get to boot camp they will piss test us. Will I be fucked if I can't go immediately?

Is 91F a good MOS? I try to search stuff up on it but everything is so vague. So far it looks pretty...meh. I was originally considering 12b but my friend who went AWOL told me about how shit hit the fan and he had to hide under his friend's dead body and when he was on leave he just decided to never come back and it's why he is working shitty wageslave jobs. Really hit me.

If you keep thinking about it like you describe then you should go for it

What's an MOS that's not going to make me a pogue but also isn't infantry. Also can I join if I've smoked weed before?

Attached: 1497841741530.jpg (236x236, 21K)

>What's an MOS that's not going to make me a pogue but also isn't infantry.
by definition, anything other than infantry is POG
>Also can I join if I've smoked weed before?
yes as long as you didn't do it frequently

>Air Force
biggest retards around.

Attached: 1558674508242.jpg (1200x1175, 193K)

11b/0311
enjoy getting blasted.
protip: pick a head stone inscription before you deploy.

Attached: 1551193429942.jpg (2560x3851, 743K)

I want to join the military and be a guard that sits at the gate and walks around with a rifle in hand, under cool dark shades. Any advice?

Or is this somehow waiverable/potentially not a problem?

I really worry about this preventing me from being a ranger

So I am mexican (look nothing like a mexican) and live in mexico. I've had a visa my whole life but have never lived in the states or elswehre. 29 y.o., 6'0, 200lb., fit. Is it possible for me to join the US Army? I'd also consider USMC but probably too old for that.
Would there be any chance at all? Would getting married and getting a green card be the easiest way or is there any other alternative?

Attached: 60214732_2444207562256054_2555953609288187904_n.jpg (960x940, 76K)

youre not going to be a ranger dude. rangers are top tier chads. they are genetically superior and likely been athletes and go-getters all their lives. think that douche bag blake from highschool who was on the baseball team and was dating that Italian chick you had a crush on since elementary and she kind of liked you too but he was more intimidating and so you backed off and eventually you were out of the picture because you came from a rough family that gave you low self esteem when you were younger so she fell in love with him instead. those types of people are rangers

pretty specific

>tfw know an athletic Blake but he doesn’t steal my crush and actually athletically trains me for my future goals
I don’t know why you’re projecting, I think if the medical part doesn’t disqualify me then I could do it.

you don't sound intimidating bruh. blake does. blake doesn't have low arches.

Anyone have experience with marine reserves?I have some questions.
>how often will I deploy?
>what's the general atmosphere if you do? Will I get treated like dog shit?
>is promotion slower or faster?
>is it really as hard to hold down a civillian job as people say?
>what's do I have to look forward to with drill? Is it actually useful training or just hurry up and wait fuck fuck games?
>should I go NG, or just enlist active duty?
>Will I hate myself?

Why be intimidating when you can just be practical and willing to get the job done. Why worry about me, if that thing you wrote up is you projecting then I think you’ve got enough on your plate if you want to sort yourself out. Also, Blake is a manlet, and you’re not defined by what some other person does.

I have a network admin aas degree from attending a tech college and I chose to enlist under the army as a 25N which requires a secret clearance. The only thing I'm worried about is I used to smoke hella weed and fucked with a lot of other drugs like coke, Molly, ketamine, lsd, and shrooms. What are the chances they will find out? Also I got caught with weed when I was 16 and went through a program that expunged it from my record. Will this go under the radar?

oh the guy projecting was somebody else.

>Also, Blake is a manlet, and you’re not defined by what some other person does.
how did you know? and its about the girl. I am defined by what other people do if they are better than me and they get the girl I want. it literally defines me

I hope this is a troll.
Regardless he’s not me. I just want to know if I can medically join the rangers.

Regardless Blake isn’t me, but I don’t think that’s who I need to be*

Fuck me that's gnarly, I was just considering infantry since we aren't fighting like we were in Iraq. Any other MOS that I should consider? what about 13B?

Attached: D0cHGuBVsAAQ9db.jpg (400x400, 30K)

You are too old to be in the American military. Why aren't you working for los zetas ? Weren't they the ex military cartel? They'd teach you all you need to know and more.

pick something that will allow you to transfer your skills into a civvie world afterwards.

Attached: 1563479013492.webm (460x460, 2.86M)

Cant thank you enough /meg/
>finish MEPS, qualified for service
>finally done with 10 hours of akward boredom
>go to choose my job, 91F
>told straight up that there are no slots left and they try to get me to sign for other jobs I dont want
>calmly and and respectfully refuse to sign for anything other than 91F, tell them I'm willing to wait for it to open
>get sent over to a chill old civilian employee who tries to talk me into 13B
>tell him the same., feeling like I wasted weeks of my life
>he makes a phone call to someone, after a few minutes he tells me that I got one of the 3 last slots
>swear in an hour later, shipping off in September

If I had caved and taken another job I'd be going in for something I didnt want. Thanks for advising me to stick with the job I wanted, happily going to repair fund for 3 years

Yes. The biggest problem is that you'll regret not having a ~typical college experience~. Decide ahead of time that you don't care about that shit and you're good if you get in.

There's no reason to enlist if you can get a commission. You're retarded if you do it. Hurr let me get my feet wet. It's four fucking years dude, you'll be in your early thirties, and odds are that "experience" you got as an enlisted will mean jack shit as an officer.

If any of you larping fags want to join the military for the cool units then just focus on your decision making skills and fitness. None of you will ever make it though so just don't bother and fuck up my shit

Reception sucks no matter where you go. It's only a few days, don't worry about it.

>Is 91F a good MOS?
Depends. Do you like to hang out with niggers and sham? Then it's a good MOS.

Your friend is lying.

oh wait I was thinking of 92F.

91F is pretty hit or miss. It's a very grindy job and whatever glamour you think there is about working with gunz will wear off really fucking quickly. Most 91Fs seem to hate their job desu.

So if you fuck up at Ranger School, you can just recycle and try again? What kind of shit is that, I literally just have to not quit and I will eventually pass?

If you’re a dumb shitbag you will fail, and you may pass but not get selected, every try.

Is 12M really that hard to get? I've heard that it's almost never available.

That’s literally 90% of what RS is - not bitching out. You learn almost nothing. All the evolutions that you conduct are basic skills any infantryman should be able to carry out.

What did you think Ranger School was? All your black and gold denotes is you’re not a fucking pussy and that you weren’t a shitbag and got peer’d out.

Is there a trustworthy organization that can help me send care packages to US troops? I sent one a few years ago full of vacuumed pillows, but the organization that I sent it to is no longer in service. Also, what does /meg/ think about donated care packages in general?

Are you fit? You should at least be able to run a 20 minute 3 mile and be very good at swimming, because selection is like 50% water haze.

Keep calling every single weekday(they dont work weekends). Airforce are the only recruiters that meet by appt.

Had a friend who it took 3 months to finally talk with an AF officer recruiter.

Will you even get intel if you enlist with AF?

Thats the real question.

Also, go officer. It will look better on your resume

30th AG is at every bct/osut. There is a 30th AG at jackson too.

Everyone goes through reception. Its a huge stress test to weed out the weak. Funny enough, i also had a guy get seizures during reception. They let him join us at bct a couple weeks in, but tyen he had them again, and got sent home.

Stress does some crazy shit to your body, thats why you see people in mil who got random shit like vertigo or random injuries.

We told you last thread already, go 91F. 12b is a retarded mos to go into.

AF security forces

First, why did you go 25 series? That was a mistake. They throw all those guys into IT help desk. Should have gone 35T for youre specific background.

Second, the kid one leave it blank. The otyers, if you were never caught you never did it. If they ask you, you never did drugs. If tyey bring up that kid record specifically, then say it was expunged so you didnt know you had to put it down.

Congratz user.

Think about it, why would there be so many stories and memes about army recruiters not being able to meet numbers, and there are only like 2 options available to you when you go in to sign?

Ouch that hurt. Anyway, I ended up in the coast guard so I guess I won in the end.

How was that no pay in january? Friendly reminder youre not in club DoD.

I'm pretty sure any 35 series requires a TS clearance which would be more of a challenge for me with my history. I'm focusing in cyber security. I already have comptia's security + book for the cert. Going to get more cyber sec certs while I'm in. So I might try to go for 17C after my 6 years contract is up (planning on staying in for 20yrs for retirement) Just not sure if I'll be able to get a TS, which is why I choose 25N as I only need a secret.

What would prevent you from getting a TS? What you listed? If so, youre good to go user.

Fresh outa crayon boot camp "recruit training"
Ask me anything.

Attached: 1563481041393.png (500x625, 137K)

About to go to SOI
How do I report in is there anything I need to know?

Also should I go rifleman or machine gunner. I'm 6ft 185 I was 200 in good shape before recruit training I'm a strong guy I think I could do it.
How hard is it to be a machine Gunner vs rifleman?

Attached: origin.png (1200x630, 865K)

Rifleman motherfucker, fuuuuuuck machine gunner. Youre gonna be doing the same shit when overseas, but when you train you get to avoid fucking around with the machine guns. And youre mostly gonna train.

How much harder is the training for a machine gunner?
Marine coprs btw

As of July 1st, MEPS conducts a full investigation on all health records for everyone, got denied yesterday.

For what?
What do you mean full investigation?

machine gun is heavy as fuck and is miserable to ruck with but when you get the chance to let it rip. Its fucking awesome

Yes, ignore that other guy. Armor and infantry go to 30th before going to their separate OSUTs.
It blows but it's not as bad as you think.

what story?

Guy had a seizure at reception before even starting bct.

No. They'll just shit on you and berate you until you ultimately pee.

The same will happen at your later commands as well, just to a lesser extent.

bullshit

When i say training, i meant when your actually doing training, not the training in school. In real life you can be assigned as the machine gunner as a rifleman cause no one gives a fuck. But since 80% of the time all your activity is training, dont go for a job where they are gonna make you drag that shit all the time.

Cool story bro. And how do these investigators magically track down all these records in an acceptable timeframe ?

fuck it, im doing it anyway

Previous drug use. (Mostly weed and lsd) I didn't list it on my sf86. That's why I went 25N as opposed to any 35 series. Secrets is less invasive than TS.

No user. Okay...

The sf86 for secret(T3)is the same as for top secret(T5). Same exact form, and every question is the same.

The difference between investigations is a T5 will look more into foreign ties. Now, when the adjudicators actually look into your investigation report they judge the report off of what type of clearance you need. The adjudicators do not judge off of black and white information, they take the "whole concept" approach. They look at when you did the drugs, at what age, the results, actions, etc. They are determining the risk of repeated behavior. If they determine there is no risk, they grant it, if they are iffy about it they grant it with an exception or restrictions, if they determine no, then they deny it. 90% of people do not get denied. You really have to fit a specific profile to get denied.

What’s the best and worst place to get stationed?

>scroll newsfeed
>see article about childhood friend i haven't heard anything from for like 25 years
>he's gone back to the US
>joined army
>qualified for green berets
>got deployed and killed in an isis ambush
>meanwhile i'm shitposting
life is not fair

>implying the "typical college experience" is universal

To the guy that wants to go to West Point: do it. I thought I could have a "regular" and hedonistic college experience and then go to the military as the same man as a West Point graduate, instead I ended up lonely and depressed because most people these days are introverted as fuck. OCS is still a valid way to commission, but unlike most candidates, I could have taken another route and I turned it down for the wrong reasons and ended up with nothing.

When they say foreign ties, would that include friendly ties with online friends, or are they more concerned about financial ties?

How dumb would it be for me to buy a house as a single soldier and get roommates once I get out of the barracks?
Consider:
>arab lingusit stationed at fort meade getting big bonuses
>good credit score
>will probably be here for at least 2 more years, especially if I don't reenlist
>I'm not bad at the job and will almost certainly be able to work here as a civ/contractor
>am from Pennsylvania so I'll probably be close enough to deal with managing the property if I decide I don't like intel anymore.
Obviously not an enlistment question but I'd like some fellow service members' opinions.

What’s a good MOS that’ll help me in the civie world? Something that doesn’t require that I be a 195 IQ mega brain. Also I’m probably gonna wait two months before enlisting cuz weed.

Attached: 8ABA1D8E-4121-402E-B1AD-12BDCBED87F8.jpg (1024x576, 91K)

What is better, to be born a Chad, or to overcome virginity through great effort?

I may have filled out the wrong year for a legal infraction on the sf86.
All the other information is the same.
Will this be a problem at all?

There is no good answer. The typical chad hits a ceiling post high school and is either stuck with a young family or becomes a burned out 30 year old clubber and the typical nerd possibly lands a high paying job gaining more success and status or doesn't and lives in a basement the rest of their lives.

Your investigator might ask you about it eventually if they look into it more and find a conflicting date.
It's not a big deal though. Just tell them it was a mistake and they'll probably leave it at that.

A good middle ground is going to a SMC( senior military college) They have more benefits than regular ROTCs but less than west point, but you get a more normalish college experience.

do I need to do it proactively or do I just wait for it to be brought up?

You're better off not joining at all if you just want to get a good civilian job. Spend 4 years in the civilian sector working towards what you want instead of dipping out for 4 years

My friend and I planned on doing the buddy system in the Army. The recruiter says that we would get an enlistment bonus and would be E-2’s instead of E-1’s. I’m extremely skeptical of this and would like someone to confirm my suspicions because I don’t want to screw myself over.

I doubt it would increase your enlistment bonus, but the E-2 thing is legit, but it doesn't mean much.

Actual communication of more than once a month by phone or in person. Also financials too. But even then it has to be something crazy. I just had a packet roll through where the person was related to some european royalty and was going to inherit money and property in another country. And that was good to go.

>by phone or in person

Ok, so video gaming isn't really a big deal then? I'm just asking because I suspect that I was given a fail for a DHS polygraph over admitting to having foreign friends that I play video games with, and now I'm trying to get a security clearance with the military.

Also, lucky dude getting the inheritance, but pity for all of the associated paperwork

Go for it. Then if you ever decide to go somewhere else, rent it out. Ive been renting out properties in CA, VA, and SC for years. The first rental property i bought was in monterey after i got out.

Fyi dont manage the property yourself when you eventually move away. Go through a property manager. The less contact with the renters the better. Any and all accusations or blame should be directed at the 3rd party company and not you. Trust me, if you ever get called in to court you will always look like an asshole when explaining your side.

Join as a 35F for 3 year contract max, gain admin/intel exp along with a TS/SCI clearance, relax and save money doing a stress free and easy ass job, after you get out then apply for every random admin or intel contract job riding on your clearance. Then after 1 year switch to a gov job and ride that out moving up the ladder until you die. Super easy and good pay for literally sitting at a desk and dicking around online while every other intel job actually has to put in effort to get paid the same.

Also, if youre not a shitbag and dont want to just ride out coasting it on easy mode, you can also give a damn and actually get into some cool work.