Is ”square your plates to the enemy" a meme?

I thought sloped armor is more resistant to penetration, wtf? Weaver feels more natural anyways, why do people still stand all retarded like this?

Attached: isosceles3-1.jpg (800x375, 201K)

Other urls found in this thread:

swatmag.com/article/al-tarmiyah-firefight-lessons-learned-hard-way/amp/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I thought sloped armor is more resistant to penetration

Yeah...with WW2 technology.

Catch up to the 1980s, retard.

>stand sideways for maximum S L O P E
>get shot in the side and die

I'll bite. Sloping increases armor thickness at the point of impact, but that is primarily a concern in armored combat where the whole vehicle is armored. Since the plate only covers a portion of your body's surface area, you want that to be the bit that the enemy sees the most of, and are therefore more likely to hit. There isn't armor in your armpits or on your upper arms.

Try actually thinking about it for ten seconds.
Even if your entire body was somehow covered with plates, some part of you would still be facing straight towards the threat. But you're not a Jow Forumsnight in 80 pounds of AR500 plate, youve just got a chest rig. You turn your body at an angle, and now more of your vital organs are exposed via the side of your body.

>Weaver feels more natural anyways
>natural

Attached: Screenshot_20190514-190709_Instagram.jpg (1399x1005, 293K)

Any difference in stance is pretty negligible desu. Your primary focus should be on not getting shot, and shooting the people shooting at you.

>t. landwhale

This, everyone memeing about how "exposed" you are doesn't realize that real life isn't the movies. Gunfights do not last longer than a few seconds on average.

Armour is for pussies just carry more guns

Then why wear plates at all?

>aims for the head
Nothing personnel kid.

Getting shot wearing body Armour will most likely incapacitate someone temporarily giving their opponent a better chance at finishing them off. I knew a cop who got a bruised heart and broken ribs from getting shot even with his body armour.

So getting shot in center mass is preferable to plates because it interferes with follow up shots less?

>Yeah...with WW2 technology.
with the exception of APFSDS, which is so fast it will yaw to the path of least resistance, sloping is still superior for the purposes of resisting attack and vehicles still heavily incorporate sloping for the purposes of deflection

people don't need to slope, since trying to slope exposes your less armored sides, and a shot there is more lethal than a front shot
so thats still a stupid thing to do
but for matters not related to sloping

>Weaver feels more natural anyways

Tell me, do you wear armor? An overwhelming majority of defensive shooters square their body to their target, this should be a clue. Having an aggressive fighting stance similar to a boxer squaring up against their opponent regardless of shooting a rifle, pistol or shotgun is superior to weaver.

See Also, read
swatmag.com/article/al-tarmiyah-firefight-lessons-learned-hard-way/amp/

You’ll probably never make anything useful from this info so don’t bother actually. I’ll leave it here for someone who is actually willing to learn something instead of pontificating dumb shit.

Just be careful you don't carry so many guns that it forms a sort of "suit o guns" because that's armor in a way and you just accidentally became gay

Weaver stance is better all around.

You seem like someone with a moab labia sticker on their truck. Stfu and justify your awful shooting stances to the boys at BWWs

>a boxer squaring up against their opponent
squaring up in boxing is a good way to get your bell rung

Sloped armor is better for metal plates because they're not designed to shatter. For ceramics it's better if this shot is perpendicular because it reduces the size of the crack and means the plate is more likely to stop a second shot.

this guy get it. also if a bullet gos into your side its more likely itll hit morr organs if it does go in. the stance also helps prevent you from falling over if you get hit

Bas Rutten and Ramon Dekkers both had square stance. Didn’t stop them from winning.

Just armour one side and shoot with a shoulder squared to the enemy, one handed, old school dueling style

Asymmetrical pauldrons are aesthetic as fuck

Attached: 9F2662CE-18E9-41DC-8BDE-4CE4D99AB684.jpg (570x631, 41K)