Reloads

Hey Jow Forums
I have a question for anyone who has been in a fire fight with an AR. I see many people put strong focus on different reload styles and speed. My question is in a real world combat does anyone have personal experience in regards to reload speed or styles mattering? Or is reloading during combat much more simple, ergo get back behind cover and just put more ammo in the rifle?

Attached: Screenshot_20190720-105114_Google.jpg (720x1280, 253K)

If you care about your life and others around you, you will put the energy and practice into reloading as fast as humanly possible.

>ergo get back behind cover and just put more ammo in the rifle?
This. Yes speedy mag changes are useful in 2/3 gun competitions, but firefights are not the same thing because you have people shooting back. Get to cover, shoot when you can, and don't try to be Keanu Reeves.

I’ve always thought with the exception of bank robberies and mass shootings ultra fast reloads probably aren’t as important as cover and concealment, and natural lulls in a firefight and friendly assistance with cover fire probably put reload technique lower on the priority list

>what is reloading while moving?

One thing to remember is the people who show their methods and have some credibility to have their theories hace any hold are becasue they are usually special forces. They have different MO and fight differently. Storming a house with fove other troopers is different than watching a sector from an irrigation ditch while you have a platoon backing you up.

Not that important cause you are not shooting while moving. If your moving its to get from cover a to cover b.
Competition is different.

Yeah, jam it the fuck in hard so it doesn't fall out while your rifle is hot and "different".

>being out of cover while your gun is unable to fire

What are malfunctions. What is running dry and transitions. What is having to displace suddenly. What is emergency bounding/repositioning
Shit happens. Practice everything

Oh and don't yell "FUCK!" and start acting all bugged out when your weapon goes down

stupid unless you consistently practice or engage with real high adrenaline combat situations

Something that gets people killed in combat. Something no experienced soldier will ever do.
Something gamers think is cool.

In military combat, nobody reloads outside cover and speed is unimportant.

you're going to get a ton of cope from no guns/lazy retards that refuse to get better at shooting / firearms handling but there is absolutely NO reason to not get good at fast loading.
>you're just going to do it from cover anyways
the faster you can reload while behind cover the faster you can get back in the fight

>what is unarmed combat

Same shit. It's one of the skills u learn to be well-round in case wacky stuff happens. Trying to reload on the move on purpose when you have friends and hard cover is like trying to kill dudes unarmed on purpose when you have a rifle.

bullets in your gun dont save you from the enemy you never saw but he sure as hell saw you standing in the open.

>standing
The question was reloading on the move

OP here. Just to clear things up a bit. I wasn't asking to be a troll or to disregard speed or different type of reloading techniques. I ask because I have never been in combat.

I've been in multiple firefights with my Colt M4A1.
Never stand behind doors, no matter how big they are your suppressor will most likely clip through and reveal your position, and lead will be sent your way.
Also, try not to accidentally hit mouse2 when you encounter enemies.

Attached: Cstrike1.6 Colt.gif (480x270, 3.4M)

It’s wasting time by waiting until your behind cover. If the rifle is ready by the time you get to cover, then your in the fight. If you’re not using it while running, then how much does it matter if it’s out of battery for 2 seconds. Train better

Exceptions to that would be if youre bounding forward/rearwards or peeling out of a contact where movement and momentum are critical; obviously in reality, most fights we've had at platoon level in places like afghanistan and iraq over the past decade involve suppressing the enemy from 600 metres away and calling in fast air on them.

Don’t fucking try to tell me that our military is trained beyond the minimum. If you train well, you SHOULD be able to top off in 2-3 seconds. If you can’t, then you’re not doing it right. That’s a fact. If your moving to cover, are you shooting? Then why does it matter so much if your rifle is out of battery for the 2-3 seconds you’re not using it? If you get to cover and need to fire, you’re not wasting time by reloading. It’s called multitasking and not wasting energy and motion. Train better and you won’t be such a slow fag

You don’t always have “friend and hard cover” within 3 feet of you. You train to build muscle memory you fuckstain. Doesn’t matter what goes on around you, your body will know what to do if you train it to. Reloading because nature and not a stressful situation for those who actually try and better themselves.

Becomes*

I asked this to someone who had been in a good amount of gunfights. What he said was that, as long as the reload only took a few seconds, it was fast enough in almost all situations. In a fight across a large area, you have teammates to cover you, and it takes more than five seconds for the enemy to get into a threatening position even if you don't. In close quarters, you switch to your sidearm. Either way, reloading practice is better spent on target shooting.

Why are you fighting from somewhere that's not cover?

It's like you want to be smart, but have no experience.

This is stupid. If you're not behind cover you're sprinting. There's no way you're telling me you can sprint 100% and reload simultaneously.

Literally the only niche scenario I can imagine is in drywall home, moving down a corridor to come into the room from another angle and out maneuver an opponent in a 1v1 situation

>If you get to cover and need to fire, you’re not wasting time by reloading

you could be dead ?.. what if a target presents itself when you're moving and fires at you ? are you just gunna run better ?

what happens when you get to your cover and another target who watched you bound across the street starts shooting at you and you cannot respond at all because your weapon is fucking empty, you gunna yell to your friends over the violence of combat to shoot this guy ?

Attached: 72802D2E-347B-489D-996D-A44792EFF0A6.gif (220x220, 133K)

You were a 19D for 3 years. Weren't you.

Almost 30 replies and still no FPBP. Sad.
OP, I hate being that guy, but it's situationally dependent. The vast majority of the time, having a

I never said fighting without cover dumbfuck but you don’t always have cover. You do realize that right? You may need to move and shit happens quick. You may not have time to get to that cover 10-15 yards away before you need to reload. Stop trying to justify being complacent and not progressing to better you abilities. You’re probably the “good enough” guy when you do a job. And I can tell you with accuracy that “good enough” guys are a nuisance and plague to the world.

Did you not see that it was response to someone saying “you don’t use your rifle when running” or are you genuinely mental disabled? Like I said before, 2-3 seconds SHOULD BE MINIMUM if you train. And in the scenarios everyone keeps making, you’re running AWAY from the fight to get to cover in order to reload. Go open a book or something, anything to get your IQ and your mindset out of the 80s

Inarguably this

SPBP

>let me just run around in the open like a retard when I can’t even fire my gun
Post your guns

Are you all really this fucking mentally incompetent that you think I’m advocating being in the open when I’m saying that waiting to be behind cover to reload is a waste of time and movement? Kill yourselves. Probably will when you’re 3 rounds to empty and need to shoot 4 times because you decided to wait to reload

Attached: 24535570-4605-4C87-8C5E-3EEFC4AD631F.jpg (1334x750, 757K)

But hey, keep having low standards. I’m sure it’s been working great for you

Just practice your draw, you nerd. That's why you have a sidearm.
If there's cover 10-15 yards away, you shouldn't be aiming and firing, you should be sprinting and (depending on the situation) spraying. Hanging around in the open is a great way to get shot.

I hope you're trolling, but if you're not, you need to fix your assumptions. If you take a look at any infantry unit, you're not going to see many pistols, bub. It isn't like COD where everyone gets issued a secondary weapon. I have a feeling you're going to move the goalposts, so go ahead. I'll be here.

I’m taking about moving. Not actively engaging in combat, dumbass. You and whoever you’re with are moving to a different area, and then you get opened up on and the nearest cover is a fallen tree or pile of dirt and rocks 10 yards away. I’m not really speaking about fighting unjust wars in some shithole for no reason, but for actual people who are in an emergency situation and need to get to safety while also protecting themselves. Some of it just applies in general.

>t. neverserved or boots

Imagine fumblefucking a reload while bounding. You're asking for trouble.

>reducing risk is a waste of time

Yeah...

“Switching to your pistol is faster than reloading!” - only cod fags who haven’t tried both. Plus handguns are NEVER as effective at anything over a proper carbine. Only concealment

I'm going to take Jeff Cooper's word over pistols in a combat zone over some rando's on the internet

It's situational, think about a scenario that would require you to tactical reload and how likely you're to be in that situation.
30 rounds would be enough to kill 2 nogs and scare off another 4, or enough to kill 4 and make the other 2 question whether it's worth charging you down as you take 5 or 6 or even 7 seconds to reload from atop a staircase if you know you don't get out to practice these things as much as you should.
Are you suppressing at 450 yards from a secure location? Are you breaching an interior but the opposition is likely light and there's 7 other guys in your team anyways? Just talking to you as a civilian, not a SWAT member or something.
Not a tremendous deal but you should be able to do all functions as quickly as possible, I have a lot of friends who still have to break weld and tilt the gun to find the bolt release lever, or they've found it but they don't know they've found it because it's not exactly the easiest button to push. You can trim a second here or there just becoming more familiar with your rifle.

>being paid by tax money stolen by a tyrannical government.

Government servant cuck faggot fuck off. I get robbed of money so it can be used to create half-assed “soldiers” who settle for low standards and that makes me less? Civilians have access to better small arms than most military personnel

Small arms don't win wars, sweetie; but with standards like those you won't even make it through your first fight.

Jeff cooper didn’t have the resources that anybody with internet acces, a bit of money, and a mindset to build skill does. Plus it’s a pure fact that a 5.56 carbine will be more controllable, more lethal, have higher round count, and greater effective range than any 9mm, 40, 45 handgun.

>not going to see many pistols

Attached: Screenshot_20190720-144130~2.png (971x929, 1.06M)

>the man who invented the scout rifle meme - unironically

yikes and cringepilled

I’m not talking about winning wars. Pretty clear to see just how easy it is to get into the crowns military with someone as borderline autistic as you

Assuming you actually are military and not some government deepthroater. I mean, you are either way.

>not going to see many pistols.

Attached: Screenshot_20190720-144556~2.png (848x647, 1.02M)

>this special forces soldier with a dog is perfectly representative of regular infantryman
The military is not like COD kid.

>Creates the “do everything” rifle
>is bolt action with scout style optic

Lmao please don’t

>"take a look at any infantry unit..."
>posts a picture of SOF

Yup, I was waiting for that.

>many pistols,
what a bunch of fags. pistols. pfhhhh.
Learn. Everything. Shoot off your off shoulder, practice transitions, induce malfunction and practice fixing it. etc etc. and for fucks sake if everything you have done is on a flat range in a stall, stfu and stop telling people what to do

Attached: Screenshot_20190720-144246~2.png (761x645, 744K)

>let me further cement my retardation by again pretending special forces are representative of infantry units.

"Oh shit! Pulled the trigger no boom! Better just jam a new mag in there and hope its not a malfunction!"

What the fuck are you on about?

Not familiar with tap, rack, bang are you?

>the crown

never go full bong

Proving the point of garbage tier personal standards. "let's train like the cooks."

Def fixes double bolt over. You people are morons. Are you ACTUAL combat MOS? Because holy shit have things gone nigger tier.

What the fuck are you talking about? Unless you’re a staff nco, officer, or corpsman, you will not be issued a pistol. There’s no need for it.
You train with the rifle you will be using. You think standard infantry units train the way cooks train?

>admits to having no experience and is a larper
>hurrdurr civillians are better anyway

0311 nigger. Iraq in 07, 09, afgan 12.
Where do you get your info?

>not being able to detect a malfunction without actively looking for it and knowing and practicing remedial action by muscle memory

It also comes down to training and being able to problem solve on the fly. If it doesn’t chamber a round and go bang, don’t think, react. By then either dropping rifle and drawing sidearm or clearing the failure. It’s situation dependent. Do you have a large enough support to take cover and clear the malfunction or are you in smaller groups and need to react immediately? Again, I’m not some cunt living off of tax money so I’m not talking about active war but civil unrest and dangerous situations free men may encounter in those situations.

>I hope you have your pilot's license just in case you come across a helo on a battlefield that you might have to fly. Oh, and I hope your surgical skills aren't rusty just in case you have to operate in the field.

6/10 made me respond

underrated post

Attached: 1485634238984.jpg (640x480, 37K)

I’m full blooded American and if you don’t think the government has become anything other than “The Crown” to us civilians, then you’re genuinely retarded.

>More controllable
In tight spaces that really doesn't matter
>More lethal
Most people want to stop fighting after the first shot hits them as long as it's more potent than .22, and unless you score a headshot they're going to have a few seconds of life left in them no matter how many times you shoot them.
>Have higher round count
That's why it's the backup weapon

From what I hear, it can do everything... except fight big battles. To be fair, in a scenario with limited supply lines (hunting, long-distance scouting, apocalypse), a light rifle chambered in a large cartridge which is accurate is fine, and losing semi-auto capacity is not a major loss since you shouldn't need 150 rounds to shoot one or two times and gtfo/pick up your kill anyways.
Besides, have YOU created a gun that works? Was it better?

Then you drop the mag, hook your middle finger in the magwell, and fingerfuck that BCG back until the cartridge falls out. It’s pretty simple

>can't jam your weapon in the open like a moron if you aren't firing/reloading it while running in the open like a moron

I'm going to guess cav scout. Just enough knowledge to get yourself in trouble.

Civilians light arms are. And we have access to better training if we want. It’s budget dependent and not determined by the government. Fucking incel statist moron.

Being able to quickly reload your rifle is important of course, but how important it is is really dictated by your role and situation. For your standard infantryman as long as you aren't taking 10 seconds to reload it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things since you likely have plenty of other infantry and supporting units when you're in a firefight. For a 5 man JSOC team raiding a single building, or a police patrol that may only have one or two cops initially at a scene, quick reloads become much more important.

>I am a free man, says the neet larper on welfare

Learn the basics - like taking cover before reloading - before you larp about primaries and secondaries.

>advocates running on the move
>disparages reloading in cover
Tranny larping commie

>light arms are better
>doesn't have a M240L at home

that's a no sweetie.

you know they're giving the m17s to infantry team leaders and above now. although they will just be used so ncos dont have to carry m4s around the fob anymore.

reloading on the move*

Jesus. You really think people just stop and sit down when they get shot? Maybe if it’s a vital killshot, but you should do research on adrenaline. A 9mm FMJ will not have NEARLY the terminal ballistic performance of any 5.56. Studies have been done to see how many criminals have survived from what caliber they were shot with. Handguns had significantly higher survival rates than rifles for very obvious reasons. Handguns kill, but arguably not as reliably as a rifle round. And using your more limited handgun ammunition isn’t always wise if you value it as a backup. And to answer your last question, literally anybody can build an AR10
That would be every bit as effective and more so.

>cause you are not shooting while moving
wrong lmao. literally any SF will tell you otherwise, and they specifically train to shoot on the move as well

>In military combat, nobody reloads outside cover and speed is unimportant.
why do SF specifically train these aspects then?

It’s crazy how retarded you both are. I’m employed and pay thousands in taxes every year. If you’re military, you’re literally on a form of welfare. Paid for by me. The taxpayer. And the 240 isn’t light arms. How many times do I have to say that I’m not talking about faggot wars in the Middle East or some shit but for civilians fighting tyrants?

Everyone in combat arms trains to shoot on the move at some point. It's not special and it's not something you'll ever do if there is an alternative. See

doesn't mean you shouldn't practice and be good at it in case you need it. You know, better have and not need than need and not have

See
>I don't have it so it doesn't count
Big cope

RPGs and HMGs are smallarms. Anything manpackable is. Heavy weapons? Think GMLRS landing in your mcmansion.

Not to mention that I never said that reloading behind cover isn’t smart, its just very obviously not something you should rely on. Know multiple ways to accomplish the same goal. Not every situation is text book

> civilians fighting tyrants

What do you think wars in the Middle East are, sweetie?

>Not every situation is text book
You wouldn't know.

>using pmags

not gonna make it

I mean, if given the option, I’d rather have a lightweight AR that I’ve trained with than an unnecessary weapon used for suppressive fire

If you use the term “sweetie” you're a limp-dick incel queer. Unarguable. Plus the military dist

>suppressive fire
>unnecessary

Example #999 in why "tyrants" fighting "civilians" get kd ratios approaching 100 to 1.

-military destabilized the Middle East so you created it.

Lmao neither do you cunt. It’s just logic and reason. Something you’re lost on

>military uses them often

Only have two of them and use mostly GI metal mags and Lancers Yeah because of tyrants in the military living off of welfare funded by me

Kek, keep your chairborne opinions to yourself.

Fighting as part of a fire team is different then fighting as a part of a company. If you are out with 100 other guys and your rifle goes down it probably isn't a big deal because your buddy is right there next to you. If you out with only 3 other guys and your weapon goes down that is 25% of the firepower and your buddy may not be right next to you to deal with a threat.

Thank me for my service when you pay the IRS, taxcuck.

Keep you government funded lowest bidder low standard bullshit to yourself.

>waiting to be behind cover is a waste of time and movement
>not advocating reloading out in the open
Well where the fuck else are you gonna reload in a tic you absolute fucking brain let.
>that fucking rifle
CRINGE