/NFAgen/ - NFA General form 1 suppressor edition

Thinking of doing a 300 rum/300 win mag form 1 suppressor.
10 inch ti 1.5 od tube
3 inch extension
Asr flash hider
3.25 BC spacer
15 baffles, 13 60 degree 17-4 and 3 of the new dm cones and sdta low profile end cap made into a radial end cap.

Attached: D663A638-60A3-4F87-8100-3FDC63138208.jpg (3226x2419, 780K)

Other urls found in this thread:

5secondfirearm.com/shop
youtube.com/watch?v=hXjprltZz0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=1VWcGwPJQfc
cncwarrior.com/category-s/1945.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Inb4 some retard posts about how theres like totally no way you could ever do that despite obviously having access to the equipment and skills to do so

Some questions about more guns I want to suppress:
Does anyone know what chokes new production Ithaca featherlight barrels take for the Salvo 12?
Anyone know of a Ruger P89 threaded barrel or an adapter for one?
If I wanted to suppress an M1 Garand, but didn't want to cut and destroy a vintage barrel, how easily could I custom order one from, say, Criterion, and have them cut it and thread it for suppressor use?
Thanks,

Attached: Dayz+canadian+servers+vs+russian+server_8300ea_5279630.png (680x656, 32K)

You’d want an adjustable gas block for the m1 and if you can easily change the barrel then I don’t see any reason why you can’t get a new barrel and ask them to thread it.

Thanks, I figured about the adjustable gas. Would the reduced muzzle to gas port distance be a new concern or would the adjustable gas fix it?

5secondfirearm.com/shop

No, a few inches won’t make much of a difference plus don’t you want to fire new production ammo/hotter ammo? You need an adjustable gas block for that especially if it’s suppressed.

>15 baffles
the as val has like 3

Garbage, waste of money, boomer tier.

Yeah and it’s not very quiet and Russians are fucking cheap.

Nope, I hand load. The ammo is a 165 grain soft point over a charge of AR Comp, running around 2600 fps from a 24" barrel. It's a touch cooler than production ammo and ejects like it.

Also my 45 one is going to be similar to the hybrid, mostly radials with a a couple 60 degree.
11 baffles
.07 less OD 1 inch longer

Attached: 646E5995-7748-4210-97C6-811A43DF593F.jpg (620x772, 81K)

Attached: 397A1EC6-FE16-4A36-A38B-E6DB74F40D0E.jpg (1960x4032, 654K)

t. assblasted silencerco employee

>aluminum

Have you heard what the current form 1 wait times are?

can this solvent trap handle rifle rounds

Efile form one is less than 6 weeks.

Would 7075b aluminum be sufficient on a 20" AR 223 barrel?

I wouldn't use aluminum on any centerfire rifle.

yeah its thick. just dont keep shooting if its too hot.

Considering getting a 30SD or maybe an Optimus when I get back from Kuwait. Opinions?

>cucking to big daddy government for permission to modify your own gun
>PAYING FOR THE PRIVILEGE TO DO THE ABOVE
LMAO
the absolute fucking state of bootlicking cucks

Didnt the atf just do a raid on an identical business to this? This screams honeypot or retardation

>Didnt the atf just do a raid on an identical business to this?

No.

youtube.com/watch?v=hXjprltZz0Y

solvent traps are legal but if you need to pay the cuck fee you should get a titanium kit instead of a cheap aluminum one. solventtrapsdirect, sdta, totalityindustries etc. the aluminum solvent traps and ebay “fuel filter” kits are adequate for hunting and light shooting. theyll overheat and blow trying to magdump ar drums.

I Efiled a form 1 last month. It took exactly 15 days. (Calendar, not business).

No way. Aluminum is never acceptable for anything but throwaway cans.
For centerfire calibers you wil have erosion problems.
For rimfire calibers you will fuck up the baffles scraping the lead buildup off.

I guess they'd be OK for a rimfire can if you ONLY shot copper projos.

people use aluminum for rifles all the time. the metal is strong enough, it does overheat much sooner than titanium or steel due to its temperature rating. dont rapid fire, youll have no issue. even commercial companies make alumium centerfire cans.

>willingly giving the government your fingerprints and paying for tax stamps

Attached: 1563492375036.png (575x575, 567K)

>existing

If you want to buy one go ahead, but their durability is shit.

I guess it might make sense for some kind of spec ops shit where they need to save weight and long-term durability isn't a concern, but I think it's dumb to build an aluminum can for something you're filing NFA paperwork for.

I work for an SOT, we can make unlimited cans. Just wondering if it's safe

Well guys I put in my papers for my first NFA item. Paper Form 4 for a KAC suppressor. I put my papers in June 8th of this year. Does March sound like a reasonable time frame to pick up my suppressor? Unless CuckTrump caused a suppressor panic?

Yeah it's fine as long as you don't get it too hot.

Hey guys, is 10 m baffles enough for a rifle suppressor? Materials is 17-4 rifle is 5.56 and 9mm

I'd use 17-4 stainless or grade 5 Titanium

Don’t bother arguing with retards who have no idea how things work. Let them waste a few hundred bucks on a piece of shit that will fail and possibly injure someone. If people are really deadset on making a form1 can, there’s way better kits out there with full ss construction.

My form1 can took 25 days for approval in the people’s republic of Maryland.

Good video on history of NFA and the absurdity of regulating suppressors:

youtube.com/watch?v=1VWcGwPJQfc

April if your lucky. Avg wait times are 315-345 days atm

>new barrel
why not just thread the existing barrel? it's not hard to do with relatively cheap tools

Safety is fine.
Durability is not.

I agree it's not hard, but if you're not doing it on a lathe then you're doing it wrong.

Goddammit

I have a NFA transfers waiting since last February and March. My dealer can see that they have been approved but they haven't received the paperwork back yet.

They AOWs rather than cans so maybe that has something to do with it?

Maybe. I'm new to the whole process. This will probably be the only suppressor I buy for a long time, if at all.

Thinking about doing an eFile Form 1 for a can specifically to run on an 8" .458 SOCOM.

I know I need a lot of volume so I'm thinking 10" long and 1.75" diameter.

What would Jow Forums do for materials/baffles?

We’re at 11-12 months from check cashed date now and it’s onky getting longer. You will be lucky to take possession by July next year.

This isn’t true, you get the threading tool that uses a guide rod that lines it up with the bore

Call ATF NFA Branch for status and ask why approved stamps have not been mailed yet. Maybe your dealer lost the stamps.

Why? A lathe doesn't fuck the rifling near the muzzle and it's more precise.

I know my dealer very well, they are seriously on the ball. I know they didn't lose shit. It's common for months to pass between when an NFA form was signed and you receive them in the mail. The last few I got back were in December last year right before Xmas. All approved 3+ months before they actually were mailed.

This might be because in both cases I have/had multiple forms in at once? The first two NFA transfers I did took about 10 months or so, no overlap. After that I started overlapping tranfers. I think when that happens it causes extra delays? I'm not 100% sure since I don't have a lot of data to work with, but that's what it seems like.

Currently I'm waiting on Feb 2018, March 2018, and November 2018. All paper forms. They might be holding the first two until the last one is approved? I dunno.

cncwarrior.com/category-s/1945.htm

Because most people don’t have a lathe or know how to use one?

Pro tip: they can reuse background check from another form 4 if it’s less than 30 days old.

Definitely call ATF and ask what the holdup is of it was approved more than two weeks prior. Someone there could have dropped the ball, mistakes happen

I'm familar with them. I don't like them because they can damage your rifling and they are not as precise as using a lathe.

Ones made from bronze avoid damaging the barrel, but they still have the concentricity issue. Stop half-assing the job.

That's what gunsmiths and machine shops are for.

I can check, I guess, but every single Form 1 or Form 4 I've filed (paper, that is) has taken at least two months between the approval date on the signiture and when the forms arrived.

I only imagine it's worse now with the Shutdown earlier in the year, as well as the massive increase in forms thanks to SiCo's buy-one-get-one-free promo last year.

At least Efiles are fast now.

>being self reliant = half assing
Stop projecting, my rifling and concentricity are both fine one the three barrels I’ve threaded so far. Nothing wrong with paying someone else to do the work but fuck off telling me that I can’t do it without a lathe

I didn't say you couldn't do it without a lathe.
I said you could't do it properly without a lathe.

If you're into self-reliance and DIY stuff I highly recommend getting one. They are among the most useful tools there are, period.

>rifling and concentricity are both fine
Post bore photos and your runout measurements or you're talking out your ass. I don't think you really know how well it turned out, though I hope you will prove me wrong.

Bump