Bushmaster ACR

The fuck is the deal with these?

I like the idea of a SCAR16 but I don't have any emotional attachment and I think they are poor value for money being north of $2k. Before it is said, I already have enough ARs and I want something different.

If you are looking for an AR18 style action with durability and reliability on par with the SCAR, is the ACR viable?

Anybody own one? I have never seen one at the range.

Attached: bfkywtnmzts11.jpg (4032x1960, 1.47M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Borescope-Pictures-DD-vs-FN-CHF-Barrels-New-and-Used/12-732436/
youtu.be/FI2ihW6NQRA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is shit.

It's only been in the Modern Warfare games (hitscan). Not proven enough.

Thank you for your opinion

Trying to help.

I got one back in the day for shits and gigs. It was trash. Way too fucking heavy, it had a shit barrel and wasn’t very accurate.

It’s alright for what it is I guess. It’ll pull AK accuracy and weight, with a commercial spec 1:9 barrel.
It also took them like 80 years to come out with the conversion kits that were the big reason why I got the fucking thing.
Bushmaster really doesn’t produce quality firearms anymore.

>Way too fucking heavy, it had a shit barrel and wasn’t very accurate.

Those are deal breakers for me. Exactly what I was looking to learn. Thank you user.

Bushmaster ACR and FN SCAR 16 have been BTFO by Sig MCX Virtus system, they will never recover. They have become mere curiosities at this point

Unfortunately Sig makes garbage. Breaks my heart because I would give them a ton of my money. but their QC is shit, they have a willingness to sell junk and not stand behind their products.

Sig and bushmaster are both garbage.

FN is quality. Just expensive as hell. You can get a top of the line AR for the same price.
Or a quality mid range and optic.

FN perfection

Attached: FNX-Magwell1[1].jpg (1200x675, 103K)

that pistol still had full functionality minus drop free mags though

I have one.
They can be had for about 1200 or so nowadays.
Decent gun, but all I do is plink at a range with it.

I had one and sold it. Decent gun. Not very accurate for the money. My PSA AK47 shot better than it with the same scope on it.

When you got to the range new fags are always asking about why your SCAR looks so different.

Their established products are good in terms of QC. Use anything that was released less than 8~ years ago and you're going to possibly encounter QC issues. Their p220 series is a testament to their peak performance while their p365 is another example of faltering QC, though getting much better.

The SIG MCX is pretty damn good in terms of QC and reliability, probably because SIG seems to more quickly fix and develop military adopted firearms.

I looks much larger in real life. I can see why the army chose the compact m4 instead. Its easier for a soldier to maneuver in and out of vehicles with.

Bait

Attached: 0756221A-887C-4A08-892A-0537D047215E.jpg (500x249, 19K)

You’re dumb.

You keep using QC but I don't think it means what you think it means.

I'm talking about the actual quality control of the guns coming out of the Sig factory. They are making manufacturing mistakes on guns, not catching it, and refusing to make things right with the unfortunate people that buy them.

agree sig is indian cast garbage and the company is jew owned

I still have no idea how that even happened, only with enough heat that makes it unsafe to touch does plastic ever start to bend that much

fall camo

I could see that happening if you left a gun in a car in AZ during the summer. Fun fact. My shield 1.0 puts up with it.

I've read anecdotal stories that the current crop of FN pistols are garbage. Same with their CHF Chromelined AR barrels. But its FN so they can do no wrong with the CoD crowd.

They're actually not that bad nowadays. All the original QC problems have been worked out. They're actually capable of being very accurate rifles with a good aftermarket barrels. They're reliable too. They're expensive though, and overweight. The weight can be solved with some very expensive aftermarket handguards, and apparently the new gen of ACR have been updated and are even lighter. Still not an optimal rifle to buy, unless you think it's cool.

Attached: 1539026610630.jpg (1564x1564, 1.99M)

Aftermarket barrels?

Sorry, forgot to mention, I'm Canadian and they're popular up here because they're classed as non restricted if they have 18.5" barrels. So a lot of people rebarrel them with modified AR barrels, and you can easily get .75 MOA with good ammo and the right barrel.

Attached: 41242238705_3db2af3ae4_k.jpg (2048x936, 655K)

That last line revealed your bait. Learn subtlety

>Same with their CHF Chromelined AR barrels.

First time I've heard anyone shit on FN AR barrels. What's the story?

>I still have no idea how that even happened, only with enough heat that makes it unsafe to touch does plastic ever start to bend that much

Certain solvents will also weaken plastics.

>Anybody own one? I have never seen one at the range.

I loved the Massada, but Shrubmastah ruined it for me.
I'm still curious about the MSBS tho.

Attached: 1423171080697.png (562x756, 913K)

The best thing to come out of that rifle is the stock.
Fellow Leaf, how heavy/unwieldy is it with the 18.5" barrel?
I'm also curious about these. The Masada/ACR was designed over ten years ago. I wonder what improvements have been made, if any?

get a bren if you want some cool shit that's not shit.

It's not bait dipshit. I have a P229 with problems that Sig wont take care of. I consider myself an unfortunate person for getting suckered.

>First time I've heard anyone shit on FN AR barrels. What's the story?
ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Borescope-Pictures-DD-vs-FN-CHF-Barrels-New-and-Used/12-732436/

>First time I've heard anyone shit on FN AR barrels. What's the story?
user trying to cope. Most likely thinks PSA is still getting FN factory seconds and is equating
t. FN CL BB barrel owner that has never had an issue and knows the US Army hasn't had any either.

This isn't proof of anything the guy has barrels he is calling FN but they came from second hand companies.
I have a FN CL BB barrel they don't make CHF for the military the barrels are BB and very accurate. The forum post (most likely a DD shill) could be dis info because FN got the US military contract DD did not.

Well, it's also sample of one...

>Fun fact. My shield 1.0 puts up with it
AZ fag here, also. I used to leave a Glock 17 under my seat. Disregarding problems inherent in the G17, deformation was never one of them. Further, it would have been manageable to use, if needed, while hot. Composite frames definitely have their place. A metal frame, under such conditions, would burn skin. I imagine cold climates may have similar conditions.

We don't really know where he got the barrels.
The one was proved further down not to be FN.
I still know from using my FN it will out shoot almost any other AR with the same barrel length.

If you want an ACR, get the Remington and not the Bushmaster.

Attached: FB_IMG_1461692766331.jpg (515x320, 12K)

i always thought FN was the tits. but this explains why my mags stopped dropping free after i had my fnp frame cerakoted/baked

Their ARs are quality.
If I’m getting a plastic pistol I’m getting a Glock or a PPQ. Until some other company makes a pistol with the reliability track record of a Glock 19 that is.
HK can eat my ass.

Can someone explain to me the Magpul Masada/Bushmaster ACR fiasco

>user trying to cope.
Everything I own is DD, BCM or Criterion. But you keep doing you!

Remington and Bushmaster are the same company.

>they've been btfo a decade later by a system nobody gives a shit about

Sure thing. Nobody ever gave a shit about the SCAR16 and the ACR was practically stillborn. In that time sig manager to bring out and abandon several rifles and designers

They're under the same umbrella, but by this he means that the switch from bushy to Remington marks a generation/qc change. The Rem guns are practically gen 3.

Its like the Sig 556 rifles with the telescoping stock and Rail vs the later folding stock/normal hand guard

CZ makes some very good stuff

The early 2000's were 20 years ago user. Get a bullpup.

>Alexa what is the bolt carrier recall on the MCX?

Magpul designs a rifle but doesn't actually have the means to realistically produce it. Sells it to Bushmaster. Remington gets involved. Bushmaster as it was known closes and moves out of state. The real people behind Bushmaster open up Windham Weaponry, current Bushmaster is just a name. Everything goes to hell. Gun gets delayed. Finally gets released in 2010 for twice its previously quoted price. Everyone mad. Then right after the release they issue massive recall.

Basically the rifle turned into a massive abortion.

Everyone who adopted bullpups is dropping them for AR type rifles. Get over it grandpa. Bullpups are an even older failed meme.

Not him but my bud had a G1 M400 that suffered the 2stage tiger's hammer failure, another one fell for the 365 which won't even extract their "ammo designed for it" and has dropped it off with sig 3 times and they keep saying "ops checked good"

I'm not kidding every 4 or 5 rounds he has a failure to extract.

Since you're looking for a AR-18 clone, just pick BRN-180 upper:
youtu.be/FI2ihW6NQRA

Attached: 1023947801234.png (950x463, 167K)

except fs2000 best gun

Yeah, so good it got discontinued

What is Windham Weaponry?
After freedom group (Cerberus) bought bushmaster they closed the main bushy factory. The owner of bushy and all of his employes quit, bought the factory back, and reopened under Windham Weaponry. They arnt gucci tier, but they still make some damn fine ar's.

>here, buy some nitrieded garbage
No.

Nitride>stainless>chrome

Some anons would prefer to have their guns welded into their flesh.

Attached: brains.jpg (820x406, 76K)

we were unworthy

tell your friend to learn to fucking shoot

Can you tell us more about this? I'm a US user but really interested in doing this if it unlocks the potential of the platform. I really rather not give my money to the FN hype machine.

>poorfag alert

based and capitalistpilled.

I've had some issues with my 365 feeding that 365 ammo but never extracting.
methinks your friend may be a limpwristed faggot.

they are crap

Lol if you want reliability you would go HK unless you're a poorfag or not a chad

>8lbs
>way too heavy
Yikes