National Guard Arms Room

Have you included this place in your area study? Normies might not be aware but a military unit's office building (HQ) will have a arms room. This is essentially a bank vault where weapons are securely stored. Usually not any ammunition though.

Someone here may have the regulation on their standards and construction? In my experience they were all really similar from Active Army to National Guard new and old building alike.

Consider the type of unit it is to get a breakdown on what weapons they will have.

Attached: 524ae9fdad8a7.image_.jpg (505x760, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-source_intelligence
youtu.be/XnUoUKEIGoo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Weapons are locked into racks. You can't carry one yourself. Padlocks used are typically like pic related.

Attached: gsa5200lock-2t.jpg (345x350, 79K)

government vaults are typically going to be steel reenforced concrete, and if you actually get inside the secondary locks are just to keep honest people honest and prevent impromptu actions by people. Modern grinders and saws are relatively inexpensive and can defeat padlocks with ease, but good luck opening the fucking bank vault door. Seriously, if they lock that you're not getting in. look up class 5-A armory doors if you think you can get in before guards shoot your dumb ass, it's public knowledge on the navy website.

Dude, they've got motion alarms, and door alerts that are monitored remotely. If it's not drill weekend and the door is open, someone is going to get an alert. These things are extremely secure. Also the doors will automatically lock out of you enter a wrong entry code

>good luck opening the fucking bank vault door.
I can think of at least one national guard arms room that had a exterior wall. That could be breached with construction equipment.

Also, if there is a motion alert, they will call chain of command and request an authentication and then confirm if the door is supposed to be open. If not, I guarantee every MP and city cop will be enroute

Everyone I encountered was in the middle of the building in a central room. Two layers of block building just to access the arms room. And all of it is monitored, video cameras, motion detectors, paper pushers on AGR orders in the office pretty much everyday

Is there on site ammo storage? I know in navy armories there was boxed and magazine loaded ammo on the smaller ships.

Well in SHTF it wont matter who has signed for it. There could be a certain time frame where chaos can be exploited.

Nope. The California National Guard had to send someone from LA to Camp Roberts to draw ammo. 8 hour round trip during the riots.

Some guy broke into the Worcester MA guard armory and managed to get off site with weapons. Was an inside job though and he later got caught.

This one time when my unit moved to a new armory we had a 5 ton full of weapons and drove it across a famously bad urban area. Codriver only had 10 rounds.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1024x682, 121K)

Kek, good convoy to keep an eye out for

and as I said, read the standards for 5A vault doors. if YOU try it you will not be successful unless the building is empty and you have significant resources (explosives, large saw, etc)

American Lock is well not that great. It's enough that I keep said in my gym bag but wouldn't really consider it good for anti-theft of anything worthwhile.

Except one was burglarised in a New England state a few years ago.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-source_intelligence

The Barrow gang got their BAR by breaking into a National Guard armory. Standards were likely different back then.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (518x580, 169K)

No LMTV’s? Didnt know we still used those big ass things

Clydes brother also took a .30-06 round to the dome and survived for days before dying.

Most units don’t have their own armory.

youtu.be/XnUoUKEIGoo
>Shawn Timothy Nelson (August 21, 1959 – May 17, 1995) was an American plumber and U.S. Army veteran who stole an M60A3 Patton tank from a U.S. National Guard armory in San Diego, California and went on a rampage on May 17, 1995; he destroyed cars, fire hydrants, and an RV before being shot and killed by a policeman.[2]

Attached: ca-times.brightspotcdn.jpg (1486x932, 384K)

Whats what got all the armor taken away from the California National Guard. They were all moved to Camp Roberts.

>normies won't think that a fucking national guard post will have any weapons
Nigger normies will think that literally anything associated with the military will have guns. In SHTF they would probably be going to fucking recruiting offices. It's people who nominally know anything about the military who would probably be surprised with an arms room in a headquarters office building.

Wait so no NG armories have ammo on site?
i could understand ammo being on the opposite side of the building/base but doing a 8 hour round trip for ammo sounds stupid.especially in an emergency

in shtf all the rifles will be in the hands of the people they're assigned to
sensitive items are heavily restricted and if s was hitting the f that bad issuing rifles would be the 1st or 3rd thing that would happen after everyone showed up for formation
in short, your underage noodle-arms are not getting their hands on any irl fortnite weapons from a national guard armory

Attached: 1561908043211.png (400x381, 108K)

Merely making the point that the room isn’t exactly a concrete bunker like was implied. The guy got in with an angle grinder and a couple minutes of effort. He didn’t even need to go through the door.

Former NG here
Nope, no ammo
The arms rooms I was around would be no small task to get into.

Since you are a former NG could you explain to me a non americans how NG armories work.Are they a single building or are they part of larger base.And where are they usually located(inside cities or in rural areas?)

Take it easy there Mohammed

Just search “National Guard Armory” on google maps

>Take it easy there Mohammed
not really a mohamed but i never really knew how to visualize them.i guess i thought they were part of a larger base but they seem to just be a random unassuming building .
i also didnt know they can double as community assembly centers

Attached: National_Guard_Armory_Fort_Mill[1].jpg (3352x1836, 523K)

Come to my house I’ll take you akbar

Nasty girl here, there’s no way you’d get into a vault and away with anything before cops showed up. Last drill we had three show up because our vault door opened an the alarm went off. A lot of cops in the area (near fort Gordon are ex mil) so they take that stuff seriously

Fuckin based

are there full time NG MPs?

I've only drilled at three and they've all been single buildings. theyre not unassuming though and large and fenced it. theyre also always tons of military vehicles and shit outside making it obviously a military installation. Theyre more similar to police stations than bases

>All the glowniggers in this thread

Attached: 1539716006955.png (689x513, 80K)

You act like you could some sort of immunity by pointing that out.

>look at me im projecting on the internet!

Attached: 1458446491629.png (411x512, 182K)

Glowniggers call everyone else glowniggers now. Its effective because nobody wants to be called a fed.

look at this glownigger

>class 5A doors
it's actually weirdly comforting to see the harsh pragmatism that led them to say the door will only last "10 man-minutes" vs forced entry.

91F here currently drilling AMA.

Also you arnt getting into one of these vault easily. No ammo is stored here. Thermal and motion alarms.

When we set off the alarm by accident 3-4 state troopers roll up within 4-5 min.

Attached: JPEG_20190720_093132.jpg (3264x2448, 1.96M)

How many woman-minutes is that?

About 4 days

>shitlord
AHHHHHHHHH

Thanks for response times user

>when
lmao. Good to see the military is as incompetent as my coworkers

Reported for taking photos of a restricted area and distributing it online. Your commander will enjoy the phone call.

They did all kinds of public events at the Armories I was around.

Nice try CID nigger. Fuck off

You act like its surprising.

Should be after the people reselling sensitive items on Ebay openly then retart

>Thermal and motion alarms.
Cut the phone lines.

K

Do you even know how

>inb4 "just chain saw all the telephone poles and dig up the lines lol"

Most posts are wireless now and have backup generators that will kick on at that point state PD or local will start dropping by frequently or the people stationed there will show up till powers restored.

Its all part of the area study. Underground utilities have to come out somewhere. Without thought provoking threads like this nobody would even consider it.

Attached: 20190627_095614.jpg (2576x1932, 2.91M)

Plus, seismic alarm.
Just a PSA, deadly force is authorized in defense of weapons and vehicles. You are going to set off a silent alarm and get waxed by some SWAT team.

>military unit's office building (HQ) will have a arms room.

No they don’t you fucking fortnite kid. Hell most units keep their guns in a shared centralized location in CONUS or in a seperate building all together. Also they all have tamper alarms that if they are down the units have to provide 24 hr security

Fun fact he died of fuckin pneumonia despite getting fucking domed with an -06.

>what is a tamper/power alarm

Do you think in the history of alarm systems no one thought to develop a communications alarm? Military alarms do and when the system is offline people are sent to guard the building until the alarm is fixed.

I'm not saying this is going to happen Monday morning. In a time of crisis

>all have tamper alarms that if they are down the units have to provide 24 hr security
the fucking doughnut stores will be on fire.
I'm real scared of the E4 sleeping in the training room.

If shit is burning and people are rioting they will do an emergency formation and move as many sensitive assets put of the area or be secured by a unit outside of the affected area.

You make it sound like it would be easy. If it was this shit would have happend during every natural disaster or civil disobedience.

Hell the recent earthquake is cali is an excellent example.

All non critical staff were moved the remaining staff and guards were put on alert and any non essential mission readiness equipment and weapons were moved to another location within 24hrs.

I don't care what your calculations are.
I want people to be aware of this stockpile of weapons in their community and size it up.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (200x200, 15K)

I mean if you really want the weapons there are easier ways to get them.

Like maybe just wait till they are issued out then as the fighting happens you may or may not get a battlefield pick up if you overwhelm your adversary and they can't secure it along with body armor and gear.

I'd say about 7 minutes, 42 seconds, give or take.

Would you recommend joining the national guard over AD, especially for 11b? Or should I go into a more technical/support class. Do you deploy often, either at the governors request, or overseas? Is it true you get to help put down riots?

Varies state by state. I personally haven't deployed but it is always a possibility, stop being a bitch it's the armed forces.

As for 11b/tech I went in and picked my MOS because its something I genuinely enjoy doing in a field I already am established in and the benefits are nice for my state so that was a plus.

Also it's a fun side job once a weekend.

Do what makes you happy but also think mid/long term. You are signing away 6 years of your life so imo you should get something marketable out of it and enjoy showing up to drill.

fuck off