Rounding off the collection

I’ve owned a lot of guns over the years. I’ve bought/sold/traded so many, I’ve owned just about anything I’d want. I’ve had a Scar 17, Benelli M4, Swiss SG553, Mark 23, Russian and Bulgarian AKs in every caliber, every Sig 22x, every USP, S&W revolvers from .38 through 460 magnum, roller delayed blowback guns, Dan Wesson and Colt 1911’s, the list goes on. I’m trying to round off a limited long gun collection, I’m tired of having a bunch of guns and only shooting a few. Got it down to my KAC SR-15, SAS M-7 Classic, Benelli M2, and Tikka T3x Arctic. My budget is about $3800 for the last gun. I’m planning on having a kid soon, and so fun funds won’t be the same for a long time. What does Jow Forums suggest I fill the slot with? I’m leaning towards an HK MR762, or getting a Scar again. Something semi auto in .308. Or getting a S&W performance center revolver and having a budget of about $2400. Trying not to be impulsive about it like I have with so many gun purchases in the past.

Attached: FC7D6DE2-860D-4249-9197-BCD59D646CAE.jpg (2048x1615, 1.28M)

Other urls found in this thread:

lugerman.com/product/luger-10mm-1907-classic/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Something semi auto in .308.
Change it to .30-06, and get yourself a CMP Garand. I know that CMP says they have a ten-year supply, but ten years goes by faster than you'd think (think about how people here still mourn the passing of the days of the $70 Mosin, which were only ten years ago), and they'll never be this cheap again.

Nice T3X arctic, rangers use those.

It sounds kind of bad, but I know I’ve got a garand or two coming my way in the next 15-20 years when my grandpa passes. He’s got a huge collection my brother and I are the only grandkids that like guns. He’s already written it into his will.
Thanks man, it’s a little heavy but it’s a joy to shoot

No handguns? Get a concealed carry

I didn’t post them. Currently have a G19 and USP 9 Tactical

Get the LMT .308.

LM8? I had looked at them and considered one. How does it hold up to the Scar and MR762?

Attached: C5FA4B9D-191F-4041-A358-FB41D869EAD3.jpg (300x143, 7K)

G3 gucci'd out with Spuhr furniture. Spend the rest on an optic.

Attached: 60488174_202149050763152_7713297920096100916_n.jpg (1440x1079, 355K)

>people here still mourn the passing of the days of the $70 Mosin
dem feels

sounds like you need a hunting rifle. .308/.30-06 is fine, but .270 fills a special niche. older (pre 06') remington pump action/semis are like battle rifles in disguise. mags are like $60 though.

you've been through the loops OP. a higher quality m1a or ar10 might be in order. there's a company that makes almost perfect repros of the original ar-10's, I forget the name though. god, they're sexy with brown furniture. about in your price range, too.

follow your heart.

you could also spend your moolah on a 10mm luger reproduction... if you have the dough.

lugerman.com/product/luger-10mm-1907-classic/

LMT MWS

Compared to SCAR, depending on your buffer I would say the recoil isn't very different. The LMT is heavier. It is also more accurate. I prefer the ergonomics of it as well, it's just like an AR but bigger. Cause it is. I'd rather have the SCAR if I was running up and down hills in Afghanistan, the LMT if I'm driving to the range and shooting some paper targets.

As for the MR762, I've never shot one so I really can't say. I have mixed feelings on it though. From what I've seen it's incredibly accurate and of course reliable. However, it is quite a bit different form a genuine HK417 which is kinda disappointing. One advantage is it's an HK rifle, it's not like it will ever be less desirable or valuable, even if/when it gets discontinued the price will just continue to climb. So I can't imagine it would under any circumstances be a bad buy.

have you owned a .45-70 levergun yet?
you should.

No, but I’ve owned a .44 mag levergun. Not really what I’m looking for to fill the slot.

everyone else has posited options for hyou, and you yourself have stated that you've hed semi auto .308's in the past. you still have one, right? why get another? what would you gain?

could a .308 drop a motherfucking dinosaur? no? get the .45-70.
marlin makes one with a long tube, I think it holds nine shots. 32" barrel or something like that, for extra velocity.
just in case there's 9 dinosaurs.

or one fuckhueg dinosaur that's 9x as big as other dinosaurs.

Thanks for your suggestion

nice AK and the M4. rest is just meh.

That looks like my MATEN. I'm suing.

Attached: guns.jpg (3264x2448, 1.42M)

You have no idea what you’re talking about

Get a PTRS-41 anti-tank rifle it's sure to fill the hole in your collection.

forgot to add it'll put a hole in anything else too

>that wood on the AK
terrible, 3/10
Dont come to my daughters wedding