Got this for 600 bucks at a gun show, how'd i do?

got this for 600 bucks at a gun show, how'd i do?

Attached: poo poo.jpg (1600x1200, 280K)

Other urls found in this thread:

armsunlimited.com/Colt-AR15-M16-M4-20-round-USGI-Aluminum-Magazine-p/sp62103.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=x4aB12ADYPU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just fine user

Attached: poo poo.jpg (1600x1200, 439K)

Someone better call the police cause you fucking stole it.

It's about $900 to build your own or trust Brownells for a few hundred more, so you got out pretty good.

thanks mang, apparently it's some old pre ban sp1 clone im guessing, it's a j-15 made by EA, never even heard of it before, I just really wanted it because nam aesthetic. Apparently the lower receivers fetch some decent prices in ban states

the owner even gave me one of those over priced hk-416 AR mags because he couldnt find the one that came with it. It was some fudd but nice guy

Never sell that rifle dude. Sick af

thanks bro, guess I did alright lol

Attached: j15.png (1341x679, 358K)

probably the cleanest AR ive seen posted in a long long time. Really good find

>I just really wanted it because nam aesthetic.
Every time you look at that rifle you are going to get flashbacks...

Of getting a sick deal on it. Nicely done OP

>$600 for a near perfect pre-A1 build
You did fine user, damn fine.

Attached: 12341324321412.jpg (1200x1602, 987K)

Welcome to the A1 master race, my dude, 600 is a damn fine deal.

Attached: SmartSelect_20190622-052110_Gallery.jpg (1080x425, 503K)

You lucky fucking duck.

That fucking autism lower. That looks like one of those 80s made one where they tried to make an alternative to colt.

nice job Jow Forumsansan

nice score you fucking JERK
i'm sooo jelly
I hate u!!

Attached: 1561420075689.jpg (2251x1395, 882K)

Yo my man. Those AE lowers are preban, and you can sell that to some cuck state fag for 3000% of what you just bought that entire rifle for, stripped i might ad.

t. Used to have one in CT for AWB compliance.

Nice deal, get yourself some usgi Colt 20rd mags and you're golden. Also get usgi 30rds but that's a given.

$550 at a Fudd Shop. It's an 80s Eagle Arms.

Attached: IMG_20190608_185055_135.jpg (4096x3072, 3.88M)

Actually im in the hell hole of florida, aka miami

yeah I know, really ugly but apparently they are somewhat rare

Gonna dump some more pics, anybody know what the fuck this little shim is? It's goes inbetween the pin and upper receiver

Attached: 8d040eef-5098-43de-affd-424e89d0a69c.jpg (1200x1600, 252K)

big pin upper for colt SP1 type lowers

What's that deal with these m16 parts kits I see around for like 700 bucks?

Seems like they only need a semi auto receiver and trigger to make a nice retro rifle, but are they legal?

fucking sick my dude

Do people in cuck states just build regular non-cucked regular ARs on the pre ban ones?

btw never seen a nickle/silver ar bolt face, sorry if im retarded but I don't know much about AR's im more of an AK guy

Attached: 7d9a6000-1738-4f4a-ab62-826f3f78cd0b.jpg (1200x1600, 356K)

Yeah they're legal. ~$300 for a receiver

Colt used large hole front pins as a way to make difference between 'mil leo' guns and civil guns. You may have a Colt upper dude.

Why did old SP1's have "big pins"?

by the way she isn't all perfect, she has a couple of knicks from being in plenty of hands

Attached: ouchy.jpg (1200x1600, 66K)

Okay, but I'm let down at the same time because none of your subsequent pics is titled "pee pee."

Goddamn, you got a good deal on that, I wish the fudds around here didn’t have hardons for ARs because the ones local to me are expensive as all hell.

Again, large pins are for civie sale guns. It was a pre ban way of 'hey, don't ban, look we are different'

armsunlimited.com/Colt-AR15-M16-M4-20-round-USGI-Aluminum-Magazine-p/sp62103.htm

Here you go OP, they're not vintage, but they are proper colt, I grabbed a few a little while back.

Thanks for letting me know, is there a way I could really tell if I have a colt upper? Is it not more probable that I just have some sp1 clone upper?

Here is some more damage the gun has, presumably from some fudd putting on a scope mount. But in all honesty I will probably get one of those old 4x24 scopes, they look really fucking nice on sp1s

Attached: ouchy 2.jpg (1200x1600, 146K)

Damn I got raped, I bought a steel one for 25 bucks at the show because I couldnt resist, I only had one aluminum one (pictured) that I bought a while back for an AR pistol of mine

Attached: b552b8ed-a708-4f18-a67c-422377cf8d9e.jpg (1600x1200, 202K)

why is that so expensive? doesnt look like it has a pre ban happy switch

based on watching chris bartocci youtube videos, the upper should be marked C for colt

I have a couple aluminum 20's from the 60s, I think I paid 12 per?
Keep in mind anything "colt" carries the pony tax half the time, it's annoying.
Colt 30's are around though, grab em when you see em
>pic related, $9 a piece, bought 8

Attached: SmartSelect_20190416-164934_Gallery.jpg (1009x1453, 707K)

AR's with happy switches go for the down payment of a house, I think mine is somewhat expensive because people in "ban" states buy these lowers to be bale to have what is called an "assault weapon" in their state, and then they can make rifles with "assault" features.

I got ya man
damn dude you got a really good price on those mags, pic related is what I got at the gun show show 2 USGI 30 rounders for 20 bucks, and 25 for a steel 20 rounder (20 rounder on the right) I guess it was worth it though because the guy who was selling it told me some neat stories about his time serving how he would have to lug around a bunch of 20 round mags because there was no 30 rounders.

can you spoon feed me and send me a link to the exact video?

Attached: pee pee.jpg (1200x1600, 183K)

ah I see, pre bans let them get around the retarded "assault features" BS TY user I learned something

Attached: MAGAZINES!.jpg (1867x2800, 551K)

Sweet. Thanks, man. You did good for sure now.

awesome collection man, I hope that maybe someday i'll have a collection like that

thanks bro, can't wait to shoot it, these 3 prong flash hiders are really growing on me

Attached: sex.jpg (1200x1600, 142K)

>can you spoon feed me and send me a link to the exact video?
I can't

That looks fucking awesome. Keep that shit forever bruh.

thats not yourss

fugg :(

Buy a couple spares of these, because they're easy to lose and if it disappears, you're assed out. They're only like $5.

will do, good idea fren

>90 degree stop to physically stop someone from using a full-auto selector
Lmao, why was this even a thing? I never see companies doing that now.

>0 bids
What do they actually sell for though?

The "home grown terrorism" scare was in full effect for a while. It's also why rifle replacement part requisition is such a pain in the ass in the military.

No idea

Very nice user, seems to be in decent condition too

They don't even need that. I have the original full auto fcg in mine, minus the sear. It works fine.

This preban nonsense stopped existing 20 years ago. In New York, “pre ban” guns are supposed to be registered to be legal. That’s essentially how it works everywhere else that had gun laws penned post ~~2010. Dont listen to the boomers.

you bought a cheap sp1 clone from like 30 years ago. It’s a nice gun with all the right features, but don’t be a retarded boomer screaming “I KNOW WHAT I GOT” like the fuds want you to.
>having a forward assist
>not having m4 barrel tapers
All it needs is a dissipator cut and a beta mag and you have the North Hollywood special

based.

Attached: IMG_1192_19.jpg (766x575, 183K)

>EA

Essential Arms J-15

the guys who already mentioned its a pre-ban gun are correct, you can sell those to someone in a preban area for triple or more what you paid for it.

good deal, OP

here is a pic of an actual Colt SP-1 made in the early 70s that I got off a friend a few months ago for $1200

Attached: 20190603_220047.jpg (2072x3702, 3.79M)

I think you did super great on that deal, OP. A bit jealous of you, but way pleased you got a damn nice deal.

Attached: Becky.jpg (895x893, 109K)

why are some of those mags loaded backwards?

brainlet here
why is this a significant rifle and what is "preban" about it?

>"preban"
That would be the 1994 assault weapons ban that effectively neutered the SP-1.
>No flash hider
>No bayonet lug
>No 30 Round mags

youtube.com/watch?v=x4aB12ADYPU
>change takedown pins
>oversize the FCG pins
>turn bolt carrier into half moon abomination to accomodate the big ass sear blocker welded in
>rifles get banned anyway
This is what happens when you negotiate with terrorists.

Attached: disappepe.png (904x864, 119K)

So people couldn't install milspec select-fire lower parts kits.

some states or localities based post 2004 awb laws on the 94-04 federal awb.

the federal awb sunseted in 2004.

While the ban was in effect federally, guns made before the ban were allowed to have certain features that the gov deemed bad.

But the 94-04 awb also grandfathered in guns with those features made prior to 94

so if you live in an area that created its own legislation to continue the fed ban or based its own awb langauge off of the federal ban, then new guns with scary features are still banned but guns w scary features made prior to 94 are not.

I live in a free area so I dont know which areas passed laws similar to the awb, and I know that some areas (like NY) created new language that banned certain features pre 94 or not or created registries regardless of the 94 awb language