I know you've all been slacking, so tell me what you haven't squared away with your guns yet

I know you've all been slacking, so tell me what you haven't squared away with your guns yet.

>krink needs a new trigger and optic
>calico mags need fixed
>vector needs an eotech
>1895 needs a new front sight
>SL8 needs a magwell conversion
>need to crown the obrez
>gotta weld a plate onto and thread the street sweeper
>at least half a dozen need an optic

Probably about a dozen more that I'm forgetting.

Attached: grandma-gun-620x360.jpg (620x360, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

targetsportsusa.com/wolf-performance-9-39-ammo-278-grain-subsonic-full-metal-jacket-vm75065-p-109140.aspx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I bought a rail and side saddle for my benelli nova but since it's not a supernova i need to get holes drilled and tapped on the top
also my m&p 15-22 spends 70% of its time without optics or iron sights because i keep stealing attachments from it
>my cz 455 has been at a gun store for 7 months

I still need to finish my Rhodie parts kit

Need to sight in my .308 beyond boresighting and buy a sling for it.

Need to install the scope I just got on my wife's .22 rifle and sight it in so she can actually hit the ground squirrels we've been hunting (her vision is bad.)

Need 2 slings and a stabber for the Mausers, also more stripper clips

Galil needs a little more hand polishing on the stock and top cover and then sent off for EN-BN and nitride
SG550 needs gas piston made which I'm doing right now, then drill the gas port, send barrel off to nitride, and paint the receiver. Might finish all that this weekend.
T91 has a mount already installed, just waiting for me to nut up and get an MRO to put on it.

my mossberg 930spx needs a micro dot/rmr, m1a needs an lvpo, braced shockwave needs some ghost ring sights, xt-22 needs tec-sights... and i need more m1a and ar10/sr25 mags. lots more.

Need a frame for my Glock 34 build, parts to finish my ultra lightweight AR, refinish on several guns, finish the mossberg 500 receiver I have laying around, sight in pretty much every red dot and scope I have, catalog my spare parts to either sell or use, buy ammo for each gun I own, and get plates etc for my plate carrier.

>needs

>SHALL

Need to get a x300 for my edc.
Ranch Rifle(DPMS AR 5.56) needs a better sling and a flashlight.
Haven't gone to my Muay Thai class since June.

>lol im not a consumerist whore because its guns

>muzzle device needs torqued but none of my wrenches fit
>other upper needs an optic and light
>lower waiting to be built

Fuck off commie

AKS-74 kit needs to be finished but that was more just waiting on a receiver than slacking. Have it now, gonna do it this weekend. Need to buy night vision and LAM, that's next on the list. Need a suppressor for PCCs. Might start the process on this before night vision idk. Could use a couple more weapon lights. Apart from that I'm pretty well covered right now, just need stockpiling of ammo and PSA kits.

Guns are my one weakness in this area.

Vepr 74 Build has well and truly stalled out. My gunsmith forgot to install the bullet guide when I had him pin/weld the 74 brake. Still need to fit the RPK handguards (Dinzag adapter requires a bit of fitting) and decide on a stock/optics combo. I was working on rescuing a heavily damaged plum rpk stock but its pretty shit with the PO 4x24 P2.

Don’t feel weak. Of all the things to spend too much money on nothing beats guns. They’re the gift that strong arm robs you into more gifts!

Just stick a punch through the holes

I've got a Thompson Contender giving me troubles I really don't want to tear into right now.

>need a magnified optic for my AK
>1895 Nagant is waiting at the gun store for me to pick up
>there's a k98k out there that I'm going to own, but just don't know it yet
And I'll get started on a 9x39 "AR" one of these days. Maybe the next couple paychecks.

>PSO-1 needs to be zeroed
>need LPVO to fill the mount I got, but I don’t do much shooting past 100m (limited by local ranges)

Also, should I get 3x optic or extended rail Steyr aug? The $500 3x optic is kinda putting me off but it looks neat.

Have you shot it without the bullet guide? I have a 7.62x39 vepr that I bought a bullet guide for but took it shooting before installing it and it runs 100% with normal bulgarian mags just from filing the mag release. I'm keeping the bullet guide in my tool box in case it ever starts acting up but it seems to run well for now. I think it might be due to the width and curvature of the 7.62 bullet so maybe a 5.45 won't work but it's worth a shot.

Need a scope for my AK. Need a new mag for my P08. Need some 62 grain to test my HBAR with the old 4x20 optic. If that doesnt work, I might need to get a new 4x20 from brownells. Also need some more 20 rounders and AK mags.

I've been spending all my extra dosh on guns instead of accessories because of the grabber laws hitting my state so I need a lot of shit.

>USP needs a light and night sights
>PTR needs an optic and bipod
>EDC Glock needs a better holster
>AUG needs a red dot
>Building an AR, needs finishing
>Always need more mags for everything
>My ammo stockpile is laughably low and that needs to change
>Still want to get a Glock 19X, a Luger, and a Garand next

Worst part is that I'm currently on a furlough from my job and going almost 2 months without a paycheck so no more fun stuff for a while.

Attached: 17620326_1364765080228373_9079847760606450993_o.jpg (2048x1389, 864K)

WA?

'tis gay, glad i live near the border and have an FFL willing to sell me shit there

>new sights/light and 9mm conversion barrel for my glock 35
>new holsters for my p80 and sig
>gotta cut down my a2 front sight post on my ar to install a new hand guard
>needs a red dot to, tired of my LPVO
>mossberg 500 needs a light, maybe a fagpul stock since it feels good
>mosin needs to be fixed, I dunno what's wrong with it
>shield needs an apex trigger kit, might ditch the fiber optic sights for something else
>p80 still needs a red dot
>need more 9mm and mags

The ride never ends

Ar9 needs open sights and or a red dot optic that's not too gay.

Glock 40 has dawson tall sights but no RMR.

Need to SBR my 300 meme out lower and lose the fag brace.

Need to buy bulk order of 55 gr fmj projectiles and another 8 lbs of BL-C(2) and start reloading my piles of prepped 223 brass.

>vz 58 barrel needs changing, need to make a new jig to press it out
>gotta order parts for my poly 80
>night sights need adjustment
>type 99 stock needs to be fitted properly
Thats about it

>AR needs a lpvo, or I need to nut up and put my red dot back on it and sight it in
>g19 needs a new front sight, the CIA kind
>only have 1250-1500ish 22lr so I need more of that
>literally same round count for 5.56 and 9mm, god I need more ammo
>only have 2 spare stripped AR lowers, need at least 3 more
>only have 25ish AR mags, need more
>thinking about getting into cans, not sure if I should start with a 9mm on my g19 or something else
>I need/want a deer gun, not crazy about using a 5.56 for that
>wouldnt hurt to have 2 stripped AR10 lowers

In order of priority/what Im gonna buy first
>lowers
>22 ammo
>g19 front sight
>5.56/9mm ammo
>mags
>lpvo for AR
>Ar10 lowers
>deer gun
>can

Been working crazy overtime lately so I'll have some extra cash floating around, but I need to save more for school in the fall.

Gotta get a scope mount on my AK
>inb4 Nyet, raifu is fine

Need to get a new stock for my Vepr in 545 since it has that crappy US stock. Wondering whether to make it folding or not

My P229 has shitty three dot sights the same color as the slide, need to get some Dawsons or something

desperately need to zero the irons on my primary AR but im incompetent and wasted an entire saturday weeks ago and got discouraged

other AR arrived blemished and needs exchanged and its a huge bureaucratic shitshow that im sick of dealing with

>scope mount
I hope you're doing it properly

>or not
Your rifle isn't a folder, so don't give it a shitty aftermarket folding stock

>9mm PCC needs a muzzle device and a re-zero
>Arsenal AK needs a re-zero
>300BLK AR upper literally needs any kind of sight at all and probably a new muzzle device
>need to zero 300BLK bolt gun
>need to zero Delta Point on my gen5 MOS
>need to adjust almost all my AR15 zeros off of 55gr FMJ to 77gr OTM
>gotta sharpen some of my knives
>buy more mags for basically all my pistols, a lot only have 1-2
>acquire .338 Lapua, G3
>acquire reloading setup for literally dozens of pounds of brass and pulled projectiles from range pickups
>rebuild other 9mm AR PCC/PDW
>file form 1 and finish can
>start seriously looking for parts to finish my TWO galil parts kit builds
>sell LelTec pocket pistol
>get holster for GP100
>buy more ammo

so much to do, so little time

I need to finish setting up my mobile reloading box.

>all these unzeroed guns
You are the worst type of gun owner

>calico mags need fixed
I feel you on that one, my dude. Did the splines go?

Pretty sure. Haven't had the courage to pull em apart just yet.

>I know you've all been slacking, so tell me what you haven't squared away with your guns yet.

I need to sell a few. Time for profit taking.
Hey Drum, get out yer checkbook my man.

>M713 project needs heat treatment, refinishing, new grips
>need to buy parts kit for Yugo M76 build
>AUG needs new stock, optic/mount, flash hider, brass deflector
>Cx4 needs red dot
>Remington Model 8 probably needs to go to a knowledgeable gunsmith because it isn't running right
>HK SL7 needs an optic/mount and a US-spec handguard
>Marlin Model 60 needs aftermarket iron sights
>gotta build AR-10 from stripped receiver
>1935A needs some new parts but I can't really shoot it so it doesn't matter
>needs to build slide for Polymer80 project
>great-grandpa's Winchester Model 37 needs the stock repaired

Attached: M713 project.jpg (1920x1080, 1009K)

They're not that hard to take apart, but depending on the mag shell, they can be a bitch to put together. If I wasn't a few thousand miles away from home, I'd post pics.

The biggest sign that the splines are going is failure to feed towards the end of the mag. You'll need to buy a replacement from their website. The site is primitive, they'll send you a link to pay via PayPal if you want after you place the order - only other way is to literally mail the check.

Once you have the new spring:
De-tension the mag and slide the plastic bit with the sights off, towards the back of the magazine. The two halves of the mag will open like a clam, and the metal retainer on the bottom will fall off. Remove the follower, but note the orientation - some earlier mags don't show which direction it's supposed to go in. Remove the spline and winding assembly. The spring you're replacing is inside of the star-shaped plastic bit that the follower was sitting in.

You should have the sight piece, the retaining bracket, the two halves of the mag shell, and the spline assembly. The central spline rod will have been in a hole at the front of the mag, the back of the spline assembly will have a plastic disc. Pay very careful attention to where washers and parts are located. Take pictures.

Remove the three screws from the inside of the black plastic disc. There will be 3 little rubbery bits inside, these are the brake that keeps the mag from unwinding. You'll need to remove these and the brake disc. I believe you then have another set of screws to remove, that'll completely take apart the back of the spline. Some plastic dust will fall out, that's normal - it's from the clutch that disengages when you press the detensioner. My memory is fuzzy on how exactly all that is put together, just take lots of pictures. At the end, the central spline rod should be completely free. You can slide the star-shaped plastic driver off it, unhook the spring, and replace it.

(1/2)

Nigger

(2/2)
Reassembly isn't that bad. The trickiest parts are getting the shells back together, and reassembling the back of the spline. Everything needs to go together perfectly, otherwise the clutch or the break could fail to engage. Again, you should take tons of pictures during disassembly to make sure you get it right. It's not as bad as it sounds, though.

If your mag shells are newer, putting them back together can be a bitch. No matter the age, you have to get them lined up with the front mag plate and the back of the spline perfectly (there are plastic nubs that slide into notches on the rim of the plates). It may take a little force, but will snap back together. Slide on the plastic bit with the sights, and then slide the metal retainer back onto the bottom. The slanted edge goes towards the back.

With newer mag shells, it's a ridiculously right fit. My translucent shells, it's literally impossible, I couldn't even hammer the retainer back in, even after carving off a little bit of plastic to make it fit. What I did instead was hook the retainer onto one half, get that half connected to the front and back plates, then hook the retainer onto the other half, line it up, make sure the retainer is in the notch, and then carefully push the mag half towards the spline. You can then get that half lines up with the plates and snapped in.

Congrats, you've just fixed a mag that's harder to disassemble properly than most rifles~

1. stock AR556 has no optics.
2. looking to thread a 1910/22 barrel for my FN1910.
3. Would like a better trigger for my Glock26.
4.spent all my euros for ammo and reloading equipment

I have many more guns that actually are zeroed.
All my ARs are zeroed, they're just zeroed for the wrong kind of ammo versus what I actually use for HD now......

everything else it just went like this:
>buy gun
>comes with shitty irons
>zero them
>hate them
>not have money
>be poor
>get cheap optic that's not bad but not really well suited for gun role
>install, zero
>save money
>wait
>get new optic better suited for gun
>install
>zero
>swap ammo types because using FMJ is no good for HD

I hate this planet. But I especially hate going to the range and wasting ammo I could be shooting to train on zeroing a gun.

so my AR is never zeroed if I switch ammo? much difference between geko 223 and other super cheap plinkin ammo??

>SCR is so filthy it won't cycle
>holster is too uncomfortable to wear long term
>still can't shoot worth a damn with my carry gun

It won't matter a LOT at close ranges, but it will shift the zero pretty significantly from what I understand. We're talking like 4" at around 50 yards or so, for me, swapping between 55gr to 77gr.

>CC revolver has a very slight bend in the extractor rod
>one in 20 shots has a 30 pound trigger pull in DA, SA works fine
>want to get it fixed, but also don't want to be without my CCW for several months while I wait for a gunsmith or the manufacturer to fix something that takes 10 minutes with the tools they have. I'll just practice drawing and pulling the hammer for the first shot until the problem fixes itself.

glocknade exploded, need some superglue to fix it

>Haven't shot the 590A1 I got months ago.
>Need to put the M1917 back into its military configuration, instead of the sporter stock.
>Need to put together the other 2 M1917s for the guys.
>Start the poly80 G26.
>Start the Sten mark 3 after learning how to weld.
>Get some more practice time in with the ARs.
>Destory the fucked up 80% lowers I have and get new ones.
Stop thinking about the girl that's stuck in my head. She shouldn't be there and I don't know how to get her out.
>Get back into going to the range regularly.

Oh and get my hunting license so I can apply for a Doe tag.

Need some canted irons on my ddm4v11 as well as some rail covers. 590a1 needs a light and a sling. VP40 needs a .357 sig barrel but I slacked and now they're sold out till October this year. In general still need a war belt and safariland midride holster with it for either of my handguns, and I want to attend a stop the bleed course

>install trilug on ar9 for suppressor
>upgrade buis on 10.5 ar
>remove mag safety on mkiv
>build out braced ruger charger
>weapon light forend and tritium front post on mossy 500

the fun never ends folks. at least all my shit is zeroed tho!

>I need to finish my AR-15 build
>I need to get spare magazines for my FNX-45
>I need to get trijicon XR HD night sights for my S&W M&P9 M2.0.
Of course there's more guns I want to get, but then I'll have more things that I want to get/do for them. Fuck me...How do I enjoy my hobby without going bankrupt?

Attached: Angry Suicidal Wojak.jpg (1898x2274, 250K)

>need to adjust almost all my AR15 zeros off of 55gr FMJ to 77gr OTM
only need this on one gun and you should be using tmk not otm. not many can afford to practice on otm or tmk and Id rather invest the difference in other things.

>so my AR is never zeroed if I switch ammo
yep, normally of the same weight on ar15s expect 1-3 moa difference unless theres a dramatic difference in velocity. If switching weight by 30% or so, Ive seen 8 moa difference

>TMK, not OTM

I've never seen or heard of TMK before, but I can buy 77gr OTM 5.56 for about the same prices as M855. I live in a remote region with fucked up prices so I take what I can get. I can live with around 50 cents a round for the rifle ammo, I mostly shoot my AK for training purposes anyway.

Don't get me started

>top half of AR needs to be bought
>AK needs to be zeroed
>Waiting on holsters for X300u
>waiting on paycheck for ammo

>My first gun, used M&P 9
>put TFO sights on
>made mag release left handed
>notice firing pin can move forward with little pressure without plunger being depressed
>decide want an entirely new trigger system
>2 months later still havent ordered Apex kit.
Been spending my money on a new AR though.

Attached: SmartSelect_20190725-122212_Chrome.jpg (739x347, 148K)

Also hard case for the AR is en route today so I dont have to take the red dot off and squeeze it into my 10/22's soft case again.

Austrian here

My expensive as fuck German made AR15 came with a canted FSB. It shot so far to the right you couldn't zero it.

>inb4 muh German far right AR15 .30 caliber clipazine assault weapon with the shoulder thing that goes up.

Finally came back from repair after two whole months. Going to the range tomorrow to check if it's actually fixed. Then I'll have to zero it. Also maybe get an optic in the future.

Marlin Model 30AS needs a taller front sight. Have to get a taller size shipped from the USA cause nobody in Europe makes any.

vz. 24 needs a new magazine spring. Mostly put that one off cause I got a K98k that shoots really well so I'm not itching to shoot it.

Attached: dXzVtxI.jpg (4608x1659, 834K)

>I swear I'll get suppressor sights for my Glock
>Eventually I'll finish up that uzi parts kit
>Maybe after the ar gets sights
>Speaking of still need magazines
>Should probably get the lower first huh

>Not buying an American AR
You're not gonna make it user.

>9x39
does this shit even exist outside russia?

Place it upside down, like you're trying to balance it on the ears of the front sight post and the rear of the carry handle sight. If it's straight, you've got a ballpark estimate it maybe fixed. That or place a meter stick ontop of them and get a small level and observe

Havent finished assembling my M16A4gery.
Still need ACOG, and upper.
Have two more ARs on top of that that I havent finished building yet.
Havent bought a new optic for my main AR since I pulled it off and stuck it on my PTR.
Havent refinished painting my spongebob Mac10 yet.
In the process of moving and havent had time to do anything.
Waiting for some stocks to clear a few percent tomorrow so I can flip them and buy my ACOG.

>mg42 needs to be cleaned up and blued
>rpd neesds to have welds cleaned and refinished
>pps is g2g
>uzi needs new recoil spring and a not gay 3lug
>ak pins need to be blued
>509t needs to be shot
>sr15 needs to show up
>integral mk4 needs to be de-leadified
>mp5 just needs to go away (omega)

Forgot to add that I still need to reblue my buddy's gun. Had it 8 months and still havent finished it :^(

I got 2 nodak A1 lowers I need to get started on

targetsportsusa.com/wolf-performance-9-39-ammo-278-grain-subsonic-full-metal-jacket-vm75065-p-109140.aspx

I broke the trigger guard on my savage 67 model d after smacking a trigger lock with a hammer

My M1 and M1903 need some finger-loving and range time, but I'm a chronic procrastinator. Forgive me.

Attached: 1551760744896.png (780x818, 163K)

Need to buy a sling, rail mount, optic, and flashlight for my 870
I may also buy a bayonet for funs.
>INB4 remshit
I paid 230 for it and havent had extraction problems so far so it's not terrible.

Attached: 1563080684781m.jpg (949x1024, 63K)

I need a scope for my S&W model 29, and a suppressor for my Glock 20. As for my .357 Ruger SS Vaquero I might get some elk or pearl grips or something.

>precision rifle still has a low-tier poortex scope on it
>waiting for the poutine cops to allow me to take possession of my goddamn Vz 61, usually a 1-2 day thing but looking at 8-9 weeks apparently
>one action screw hole in my Anschutz's stock is stripped
>bubba'd K11 is basically unusable
>Savage MkII has nothing to aim with

Get my mini 14 scout rail installed better than I am able to so I actually use it with my red dot, new rear sight for same gun. Zero the scope on my .22 bolt gun. Send gp100 back to ruger so they can fix/replace. And as always, buy more ammo