Slide release or not slide release ? Should i powerstroke all my handguns ? Hhhhmmm

Slide release or not slide release ? Should i powerstroke all my handguns ? Hhhhmmm...

Attached: hits pipe.jpg (200x247, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ruger-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/_manuals/LCPII-Ls6Gb8Dsk45.pdf
snwcdnprod.azureedge.net/sites/default/files/owners-manuals/M&P_M2pt0_Pistol_082118_3006363.pdf
youtu.be/fbg0Lp5oYEc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

All comes down to personal preference and training with what feels best.

Hhhm hhmmm.

That being said hear this : under heavy stress or adrenaline inducing scenarios you go in gross motor skills mode. Imagine you're running a Glock, would you trust yourself in speed finding that retarded tiny miniature handlet ass slide lock or powerstroke that gun with the momentum of three ballistas ?

Personally i made my choice. But you're right, it comes down to personal preference.

It is not a slide release, it’s a slide hold back.
The proper way to release the bolt is to pull back and let go.
When using the slide hold back, the bolt may not always go completely into battery.
Anyone who says differently is a fool.

Attached: 14A4D1A2-46D9-4FDA-8821-0252CC0016C8.jpg (2056x1536, 727K)

The act of striking the magwell of a pistol with your palm should be immediately following by racking the slide with the muzzle oriented upward all the time, every time, even during administrative gun handling tasks

If it's a slide hold back then why isn't it internal? Why is it designed for a thumb to pus down on?

Is that why they put serrations on top of it?

It's called a slide lock user. A "slide hold back" is like saying "bouncy castle" for a "bounce house".

Powerstroke.
You lose fine motor control in adrenaline dumps. Slapping your hand over top of the slide and pulling back is much easier in those circumstances than thumbing the slide release.
That, and you get a smidge more force in the slide doing that, which may help overcome a failure to feed.
If your gun does not go into battery using the slide release when it's clean, it needs to be repaired by an armorer. Slide release is also correct terminology, by the way. That said, you shouldn't use it for anything other than administrative reloads anyway.

You're wasting time by doing that. If you index your finger properly on the magazine you can sit it in one proper motion. The only tap you should do is on the rear to assure the gun is properly in battery. Glawks.

Slide stop
Not
Slide release

Attached: 1808F127-3679-490D-947C-668CDC203D38.jpg (960x720, 74K)

The grooved extension is just for looks then?

So far we have four names for that shit in single thread :

>slide release
>slide hold back
>slide lock
>slide stop

This needs to stop. We need to find a consensus.

Slide stop
Not.
Slide release

Attached: 3D2B2AFE-C18A-423A-99FA-25094D527C6B.png (918x926, 319K)

ACCORDING TO WHO

I WANT TO SEE THE AUTHORITY OF THE METAL PIECE THAT LOCKS IMMEDIATELY

Slide stop.
Not
Slide release

Attached: 422C84EC-9467-4F21-9E9E-AA9931948906.jpg (580x360, 30K)

I am authority. It is used for releasing slide.

When shooting
It stops the slide from moving forward on an empty gun.
If you owned guns you would know this

Attached: 9BC2622D-7CBE-47E4-A42E-1379F66BBFF0.jpg (462x278, 22K)

Slide stop
Not
Slide release

Attached: C92D6917-9875-41C2-9522-5B6DD6ADF80B.jpg (1500x874, 222K)

All this seething cope wont make you faster than the offhand thumb slide release master race.
>left handed and racks gun from front cocking serrations like a giant panty dropping press check.
>angry faggots everywhere

Attached: 20190702_212953.jpg (1207x1417, 526K)

I really hope you're not talking about trying to strike the magwell hard enough that the gun goes into battery from the frame flexing. No legit instructor teaches that technique. Plus, you're losing the universality and consistency of that motion for reloads and malfunctions both

Releasing the slide with the SLIDE STOP (here, happy you pedantic fucking faggot ?) is around sixty times faster than a powerstroke and can be done in the same motion as driving the gun forward.

You can't argue about it.

Of course not. You misunderstood me. I was thinking about the backplate.

Just wait until your slide doesn't lock back on a reload and you look like a retard. Seen it happen more than once. Potentially deadly mistake

Ruger 1/2

Attached: CDF50C08-2A63-417D-804F-1F60965552C1.png (2048x1536, 1.04M)

Then what the hell are you talking about?

>slide doesn't lock back
>on an empty magazine

Sounds like a faulty firearm / magazine to me. Don't blame the user.

???

I was talking about hitting the backplate with your palm to assure that the gun is properly in battery.

Nope. A good, high grip can cause it to happen even when everything is functioning perfect

I mean what was your issue with my first post. I said nothing about the backplate

Ruger 2/2

Attached: 293A8F0A-C7D0-4A26-A4CC-4D4D32F64A80.png (2048x1536, 373K)

Also, no one cares if your high speed reload technique doesn't work because your gun caused the problem. Better to avoid the issue entirely

Smith and Wesson
snwcdnprod.azureedge.net/sites/default/files/owners-manuals/M&P_M2pt0_Pistol_082118_3006363.pdf

Attached: F9D37EF3-4AED-40B0-820D-0DC100D7E3BE.png (2048x1536, 1002K)

>a good high grip
So you're putting your hand in the way of the slide because you don't know how to hold a firearm?

I think we got misunderstood. I was thinking you were taking about striking the floor plate of mag multiple times to insure it was properly seated in the magwell. Hence my "you're losing time".

Dude it's called a Slide Hold Interfacing Device
We call it SHID for short.

Attached: 1408658822664.png (2000x1500, 49K)

Putting pressure against the slide stop and holding it down as a result. If you have never heard of this then you have no idea what you're talking about

He probably wants to mitigate recoil the best he can, and since the higher you can go on a handgun = the better... but either way if your grip interfere with the function of the weapon you're fucking something up.

>squeezing the slide stop during a normal grip
Does your index finger bow upwards?

What the fuck does your index finger have to do with anything? It's caused by the support hand palm

You're palming your slide stop with a normal grip on a pistol? user what the fuck?

Shooting faster and more accurately is an easy trade to make for the slide not locking back reliably

Wait what ? How in the fuck could your support hand palm interfere with the slide stop ?

I mean i have a Beretta 92 in my hand right now, and i can't fathom how you could do such a thing without completely breaking your grip.

If you can't even imagine how this would happen then you need to go learn how to grip a pistol

Probably because you have a size-inefficient pistol with a high bore axis

You don't rest your palm on the side of your slide.

>i-i-it's your weapon

Then you just proved that it's a per-weapon scenario and not a global rule. Retard.

You don't have to to cause the problem

So it's somebody elses palm that engages the slide stop when you're shooting?

Never made that claim, just that a good grip can cause the issue on a perfectly function gun. Also it doesn't matter whether you caused it or your gun fucked up, it's still an unnecessary issue that can be avoided by using a more universal, consistent motor pattern, I.e. malfunction clearances

You don't seem to realize that the slide stop is not a part of the slide

It's right there next to the slide, which to get your palm on it you'd need to bend it around the thumb on your shooting hand like you're trying to palm the slide. No one uses that as a shooting method.

If your firing hand thumb is making much contact with the side of the frame at all in place of your support hand palm then your grip is fucked

It comes down to what level of reliability you want, but it's only slightly less reliable to use the release, mainly because under stress you might fat hand things.

Let's look at rifles: the AR has a "slide release" (bolt release) so there's two methods of charging the weapon. The AK has one way to charge it. Every single time you want to charge the weapon you do the same motion, so it's far less easy to fuck up. AK makers have even shyed away from having bolt hold open features, because the charging handle would be set further back making it a different motion when the user goes to reload the weapon.

Guns like glocks follow the AK type manual of arms. They want it to be one motion every time so as to not risk confusing the user, under stress or otherwise. They specifically call it a "slide stop" and don't serrate the top of it because they don't want you using it for that purpose. Of course it can still be used as one, but if you are going to use that tactic I'd swap it for one that's larger and serrated on top. I subscribe to the one-motion mantra.

If you're gripping your gun correctly your shooting thumb is right next to the slide release. If you're saying your palm can impede the lever then you're riding way too high up on your grip to be comfortable or practical.

although this is an ass explanation it's actually true. Most pistols are designed to have slide cocked rather than 'slide release button' being used. It doesn't mean it's not possible or that you can't get by doing it, but it puts wear on the parts differently than intended. Really the typical thing that happens is that you have to replace a 10$ part after 10,000 rounds, worst case is that you wear down the side itself and round out that catch like on a 1911. This can be a problem.

Also note that the glock is not meant by any means to be a "race gun" or even just a high end type gun. It's deliberately left as basic as possible, with the cheapest (or lightest?) possible controls and accessories. Plastic sights and mags are shit, but they're cheaper and lighter. Plastic mag releases and lock ups are absolute shit, but they're lighter. It doesn't make sense for a gun not to be fully ambi in 2019, but it's cheaper and more simple. Slide stop only without the option of being a slide release is garbage, but it's more simple. Glock prides itself on simple, that's their thing. Know what you're buying when you buy one.

No such thing as too high, and no, the firing thumb should rest on the support hand to provide proper 360° pressure on the grip

If you're palming your slide stop with your support hand then your grip is too high. The firing thumb rests on the frame/grip touching the side of the support thumb. Don't do any houdini curl the shooting thumb around your other thumb bullshit.

Ask me how I know your recoil management is shit. Go take training. Get gud

Attached: hgcombatg_100206a.jpg (420x236, 22K)

So your palm is nowhere near the slide stop?

This isn't even high enough btw, just illustrates the point about the firing thumb

IT
DEPENDS
ON
THE
FIREARM

Like i said earlier if you can manage to fucking mess around with your slide stop with your support hand on a 92FS you're literally built like a spider or some shit.

>but it puts wear on the parts differently than intended.

The velocity and forces acting on the slide while firing are magnitudes higher than what you're producing when you thumb a slide release. If you can damage your gun using the slide release it's a shit gun. I wouldn't even expect a Taurus to damage itself that way.

Maybe if you have tiny fingers, but I can reach the slide stop with my shooting thumb.

Attached: grip.jpg (1200x959, 541K)

This is much better, but poor resolution. If you can't achieve this grip, then the frame of your pistol is too large for your hands

Attached: cropped-header04-3.jpg (531x319, 31K)

Support thumb not pointed aggressively enough. If it was then your palm would make more contact with the frame and aid in recoil control

If I brought my hand up any more my palm would be making contact with the slide and getting torn up. That's a reference picture but how I hold all of my full size pistols.

>then the frame of your pistol

The frame / the grip of the 92 is notoriously known for being "too big" for 99.99 % of people. Besides the picture you posted is, again, weapon dependent. You can't achieve such a heavy ass high and forward grip on 90 % of the handguns on the market.

Posting a dynamic shooter with his heavy-modified-and-tailored-to-his-hands-and-shooting-style handgun isn't helping your point.

Should be like this. The slide won't hurt your hand

Attached: 13646720_10210141787566374_1734417319_o-539x660.jpg (539x660, 77K)

Not him, but even if your support hand / thumb was more forward on the gun it wouldn't be as drastic as because, again, weapon dependent.

Then you chose the wrong gun my friend

No.

Here's a 1911. Apples to apples

Ok. Go tell him and other GM's how to shoot. Be my guest

You must be one of those people who drive at 10 and 2 because your drivers safety video said it and you assumed it was a holy writ.

How do the pro's do it? Yeah, I guess I agree with you there

youtu.be/fbg0Lp5oYEc

All yall power stroke fags can stroke my dick. Slide release is faster, deal with it.

Attached: steamworkshop_guide_1394900394_guide_branding.jpg (423x346, 53K)

Faster =/= superior. That's the slide stop camp's only argument. Many pros to running the slide

Stupid slide release being on the wrong side...

Power stroke is Glock cope, perfection's nubbin is not good as a slide release, anything else is.