F-16 Block 70

What does Jow Forums think of it? My country is buying these as a replacement for our old MiG-29s.

Attached: Masthead2.jpg.pc-adaptive.full.medium.jpg (1280x550, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Opera
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_F-2
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mole_Cricket_19
f-16.net/f-16_versions_article14.html
reuters.com/article/us-colombia-defense/colombia-could-spend-1-billion-on-new-air-force-planes-sources-idUSKCN1UI2PZ
dsca.mil/major-arms-sales/slovakia-f-16-block-7072-v-configuration-aircraft
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What are the other aircrafts in competition to win your country’s contract?

Looks cool, canards are over rated.

Breddy gud.
Proven 4th gen airframe with hella revamped avionics and sensors.

You can't go wrong with an F-16, especially their newest model. If you're from Bulgaria, lots of your neighbors use it so that's a plus. I'm impressed by the Super Hornet but I couldn't say which of the two is the better. dunno much about the Gripen but it should be suitable too.

I think OP is from BG. I was actually reading up on this topic last night since I plan on moving there. They were looking at the Super Hornet, Gripen and used F-16 and used Italian Eurofighter.

Does anyone know if block 70 is modeled in Falcon BMS?

It suits the need of any small nation. It’s a decent interceptor, it can deliver air to ground munitions, it can deploy ASMs. It also helps that there are thousands of them, and a few open production lines. Pretty good choice

Attached: F2508A62-F81F-4F87-BF5C-19A3E6AD6A17.jpg (1200x800, 112K)

Even though they make her a little thicc, I think conformal fuel tanks are sexy as fuck.

good planeov, my bulgarov friendov.
Compared to mig29, anything was a massive upgrade, really

Does anyone have any examples of cool shit that the f16 did? For example air to air, air to ground etc...
I’m new to the world of combat aircraft and I saw a report of an f16 blowing up a nuclear reactor somewhere.

the most recent would be a paki f16 shooting down a poo mig21

why get this over gripen?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Opera

One of the better looking planes ever made desu

It comes with strings attached. US could cut you off from service and support over little things. If US machinery is so good then why do they have to bribe people to "buy" it?

Have you never heard of MiG diplomacy? Most arms sellers do this.

Yes, I'm Bulgarian. The Super Bug and the second-hand F-16s weren't entered in this competition, it was Block 70s, Gripens and old Italian Eurofighters.

This is present in all advanced tech purchases to prevent another F-14 fiasco that happened with Iran. Also Saab, Mikoyan and Sukhoi are even worse apparently.

Bulgaria? That you? Last I heard the president vetoed the deal on account of insufficient political consultation.

Saab uses America systems so same deal basically

Because it's fucking expensive to even build you own derivative.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_F-2

Better than the Fail-35

Veto got overturned today. Unless he decides to be a petty cuck again and veto the fucking national budget, he can't stop it now.

How much you want for a mig-29?

Good, not the best but more then needed to keep the Russians in their shitholes
>Citation needed

>What does Jow Forums think of it? My country is buying these as a replacement for our old MiG-29s.
you're replacing one old plane with another old plane.

waste of fucking money... and I'm guessing you don't have much.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mole_Cricket_19

>new production F-16
>somehow comparable to 30+ years old 9.12 MiGs

>Block 70
>old

It's better than the MiG-29 and also better than the Gripen and Eurofighter. Probably better than the Super Hornet too if you aren't operating a carrier.

>F-16
>Interceptop

Attached: d33.jpg (200x219, 10K)

You bulgarians are so fucking stupid, just buy a bunch of Gripen
Your president is the only one with enough balls to say no to americafaggots

Definitly not better than the Gripen
Plus Sweden offers 10 Gripen for less money than the 8 F16V USA want to sell

Works for the US

There’s zero reason to buy grippins

The US uses F-16 as air superiority

You do know that the first F-16s to be fitted for BVR combat were ANG interceptors right?

Gunna need a source on that because simple google/wiki lists it as a air superiority and then multi-role

Yeah. Even if a few components come under ITAR it's an utter pain in the arse.

Block 15 ADF
f-16.net/f-16_versions_article14.html

Because it was Gripen C that was on offer.
If they can afford to properly maintain and run the F-16 Block 70, it has significant advantages over all other aircrafts that where available to them.
If they can’t, then they would have been better off with the Gripen C.

>no reason
2 more planes
Cheaper
Better
Not being the personal hoe of Uncle Sam
Yes, there is no reason to buy Gripen over the F16

>You bulgarians are so fucking stupid, just buy a bunch of Gripen Your president is the only one with enough balls to say no to americafaggots

Given the options and the track record of Russian made planes they would be fucking insane not to buy F16 or Eurofighter (which they can't) . Raging vatnik butthurt because some place they occupied with gommunism and a police state is making their own choice

>cheaper
Not when it comes to maintence
>better
But that’s wrong
You’re already the hoe of the United States, and if you’re not your China’s bitch

Aha, good to know.

Don't forget the buttblasted Indians claiming that they shot down the F-16

Colombia seems to be considering them as well, it is in the shortlist between the Typhoon and the Gripen. They are however replacing their Kfirs not Migs.

reuters.com/article/us-colombia-defense/colombia-could-spend-1-billion-on-new-air-force-planes-sources-idUSKCN1UI2PZ

Should have bought the F-15, it's better than everything else in the world by miles.

Money user Moneyyyyyyyyyy
For the fastest dying country in the world we just cant spend that much on defense. You have to feed all the old people and gypos.....

Our president is a commie puppet cuck. While there were more Gripens offered, we would've still had to buy burger missiles for them, and no, the Gripen C isn't better than the F-16V.

If only it were that easy. F15s cost $

Attached: 7B4E1D98-E900-4D95-8AF5-E91A800DC68C.jpg (3568x2142, 2.99M)

it also shot down Su-30 MKI, they said it was JF-17 but actually it was an F-16

>F15s cost $
Slovakia got 14 F-16V for 1.8 Billion $, that's as expensive as F-35 or more

That’s a good deal. The f16 would serve them better than the f35. F16s are ideal for small countries protecting their own airspace.

They get more than just the f16s. They get missles, spare parts, professional instruction, etc...

whats included in the deal?

Is just planes. No parts or bombs

>that picture
I'm hard as diamonds.

Attached: keen moustache skipper.jpg (320x240, 25K)

Just a small taste of what the US can bring to the table

Attached: 245CE623-6D02-483B-8597-BDDAE1C566A0.jpg (1440x811, 134K)

Only ever got images of the MiG 21 anything else is iffy

ah yeah the
>F35 IS UNIQUE
but we totally dont fucking clone its avionics into the block 70

LM

Attached: 2EC38363-5A8C-4BC1-93A3-D9500ADD2782.jpg (1486x866, 88K)

i refuse to believe that, do you have a source?

Attached: 8DBD0506-7D7A-429F-9323-72B263323078.jpg (887x479, 76K)

>wanting me spoonfeed

Anti ship capabilities

Attached: 0936B12C-BCBC-4678-A592-D535C3136CC3.jpg (800x413, 43K)

Nuclear capable

Attached: 575FD70B-4A17-4462-A571-EA5DA295F85A.jpg (600x358, 19K)

Recon Pod

Attached: EC098221-3270-4002-A20D-46B4600C893A.jpg (641x410, 28K)

Standoff cruise missle

Attached: E2F0A05D-4EA0-4262-8D5A-F8ECC435FDB0.jpg (275x183, 4K)

get a load of this retard

Answers like these really piss me of, especially when i end up having to dig up that was full of shit

According to DSCA, the whole deal is 2.9 Billion

14 F-16V
16 engines
16 APG-83 AESA radars
30 AIM-120 C7
14 JHMC
100 AIM-9
..etc, the planes alone were 1.8 Billion

dsca.mil/major-arms-sales/slovakia-f-16-block-7072-v-configuration-aircraft

forgot to add, the F-16V block 70/72 are really really expensive, Bahrain and Taiwan got them also for the same high price

Lol at the people suggesting grippens

Fuck Borisov,fuck the rearmament plan and fuck that excuse for an army we have. We're better off,just selling our two tanks and one plane and scrapping all our AKs and stopping the charade of having a fucking armed force. 10 F-16s aren't gonna do shit. 20 ain't gonna make a difference. Maybe if we bought 30 and 10 F-35s with all the money the fucking government embezzled we'd actually be able to be able to pretend we matter. Bъpнeтe кaзapмaтa.

good choice OP

wack

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 29K)

is this some perspective trickery, or are the verticasl stabilizers on these planes really this fucking tall?
Looks ridiculous in this photo, the one on the C-17 looks like 3x as high as the top of the fuselage, and on the Raptors they also look way too high?

They use American ENGINES. The most important part of a fighter. And something you want spares of.

you tell me

Attached: IMG_1528.jpg (1000x667, 286K)

>Not being the personal hoe of Uncle Sam

The gripen uses an American engine.

14 of the most modern f16s plus maintenance and weapons is a formidable Air Force for a small country

Attached: D7721DED-C019-4436-8903-C6EDF4B8A4BF.jpg (275x183, 7K)

MiG-35s are better. The F-16 is a vintage aircraft first deployed in 1976.

No mig can compete with an f16. You’re in Slavic denial. The f15v has better avionics and sensors than any Mig

Nice cope but these are new production f16s out of South Carolina.
>stronger frame for a 50% increase in airframe life.
>better missles and PGMs
>cheap maintenance
>able to integrate with other NATO aircraft

Attached: C4E07590-5862-4C87-9DAE-88BD04373B7D.jpg (1280x750, 101K)

What is the differences between F-16 block 70 and block 72?

>MiG-35s are better. The F-16 is a vintage aircraft first deployed in 1976
>F-16 from 1974
>MiG 35 from 2007
I would hope so but not so sure.

Attached: IMG_8014.jpg (1000x563, 282K)

these f16s are brand new production. Upgraded air frame, avionics, and sensors. Plus it fires better missles

oh ok good point

Lure whoever can't afford fancy F-35 to buy.

Is the MiG 35 not a fancy MiG 29, that changes the year to 1982

I wish the US would buy block 70s.

Attached: photodune-8446577-child-sitting-while-looking-bored-at-the-table-at-the-kitchen-with-laptop-pencils- (702x336, 22K)

Not really any point in America buying them. The F-35 is going to eventually replace the entire F-16 fleet.

Maybe one of them is newly built, the other one an airframe upgraded to the new standards?
I have no idea though

ANG makes good use of f16s. The 35 isn’t capable enough to replace the f16 as an interceptor.

the only thing f-16 is better than f-35 at is speed and only while clean

Yea and speed is pretty important for intercepting aircraft in US airspace, stealth is not. The 35 is a carrier capable strike fighter, not an interceptor.

>Yea and speed is pretty important for intercepting aircraft in US airspace
i would assume range is, but that i know
also after 2 fuel tanks (f-35a still has longer range) max speed of both aircraft should be comparable and sustained speed would be heavy in f-35 favour

Is the F-16 even meaningfully faster when carrying the same amount of fuel and ordinance?

No, but when stealth doesn’t matter it seems like a more reasonable choice

>14 F-16V
>16 engines
Do the aircraft come with engines already installed or is that 2 spare engines once all aircraft are ready to fly?

Same question with the radars.

Because the F-16 has way more commonality and support.