Is full auto overrated?

Is full auto overrated, or is it actually useful? I always felt semi auto was more helpful during a Gun fight, but maybe i'm ill informed that full auto guns are basically regular guns with a meme switch.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ar15.com/forums/general/The-Lost-Art-of-Machinegunnery-/5-1395935/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes.

It's fun as fuck and I don't have to justify my preferences to anyone.

Attached: 1563273620047.jpg (750x641, 56K)

I think semi is mostly as good, but it good to have options. Otherwise, why do modern militaries keep making select fire rifles? It's better for lower recoil rifles though.

Unless you're a door kicker you never use full auto. It's basically panic mode. It's there because it has some limited use in limited situations. Generally aimed fire with slower rate is more effective at suppression than auto firing since it's more sustainable and accurate. A bullet landing 10cm from you will keep you down for long but one going a meter over your head might not. Thats why suppressing fire is usually one round per second. Auto fire is useful if you need to achieve fire superiority in a very close quarter environment

It's better to have something like that and never use it than to need it once and not have it

In my honest opinion, the only practical full auto is a Thompson sub gun for home defense.

Based and Fedora pilled

Its good for when you are bunnyhopping around.

Full auto should be fired in aimed bursts of 2-5 rounds.

> didn't yeahpost

Cmonson.jpg

correct.
gender binary trigger is best

Its useful for room clearing and suppression

At first, gets boring eventually

There are better SMGs than the "Thompson" and all are outclassed by a PDW

Only 90s kids will get this reference

Whatever, I do what I want

Binary makes rapid and non-automatic fire worse

Attached: YouAre[NOT]Infringed.jpg (3264x2448, 1.69M)

No one here is going to be suppressing an advancing infantry unit, so unless you like setting money on fire and trashing your barrel, it's over rated.

>setting money on fire
5.56mm ammunition is pretty cheap, the drum magazines are what burns a hole in your wallet

>trashing your barrel
What is a heavy profile?
What is hammer forging?

>Not making a swift link or at least a DIAS
>Making your felony as obvious as possible

But why tho?

Modern firefighting is essentially about pinning the enemy under suppressive fire, till something heavier, like marksman, machine gun mount, grenade launcher, APC gun, mortar or airstrike can take the targets out.

Short bursts > 3 rounds are great at suppressing at shorter ranges. But full auto was obviously never supposed to be accurate.

Because hiding is for pussies

There's thousands of names and addresses associated with bump fire stock purchases, yet there has not been a single raid by the ATF for them despite being considered the same crime. Now imagine some receiver out there among millions with a modification that no coasties or Fudds are around to report about

>imagine living in a country where bump stocks are illegal
>imagine living in a country where magazine sizes are legislated
>imagine living in a country where you need a special license to CC
>imagine living in a country where you cannot CC a full sized battle rifle with 100rnd drum if you so want or a belt fed PKM
Why is america so cucked?

>implying we are not practically several countries who have been at odds with each other since the beginning
>implying your experience is not radically different from state to state
>implying people would even open carry an LMG if it were not against the law
Relocate yourself to Somalia

What countries are more pro-gun than USA?

Preferably ones that aren't a war zone (Yemen and Somalia don't count).

The Czech Republic, Switzerland, Pakistan, and I think South Africa.

I forget the country. It may be Pakistan. But some user was posting pics of his full auto AK and RPK. And laughing at us for not being able to own full auto. Without having to spend 10 to 20 grand.

Its great for sending kikes and niggers to hell real fast vote for Trump 2020.

>all have been warzones besides based Switzerland none are better than america

It's only same crime statutorily. It hasn't been tested in court yet and I can't help but think you would have a much better case with a bumpstock than with a real machinegun or conversion device considering most bumpstocks came with a copy of the ATF letter saying they are not mg's. That's probably also part of why we haven't seen any federal prosecutions yet. The ATF knows they don't have a leg to stand on and only "decided" bumpstocks were machineguns because Trump told them to.

Only time I used full auto (ok, 3 rd burst) was first time I was in combat and was scared shit less. Lots of rounds hit the guy, but also lots of rounds wasted around him. Fired till the mag was empty very quickly.

After that I only used single shot.
Full auto is only useful for suppressing fire (machine guns) IMHO but if it's a rifle, I'd only used single shots anyways and you can do well with suppressive fire that way too.

Attached: 1473572668450.jpg (1982x1633, 458K)

Yeah it's completely useless, that's why all militaries have done away with it...

It's useful when busting doors and it's incredibly useful to have a machine gunner with riflemen in open country. Yes you are being cucked right now by the government with their illegitimate gun laws.

Attached: IMG_20190722_095143_022.jpg (653x757, 110K)

Thompson is a shit gun, M3 was better in terms of weight, reloading, cost, even shouldering / shooting the M3 is more enjoyable than the Thompson.

>22 cents/round for dogshit ammo
>dump a 60 round drum in less than 10 seconds
>upwards of 80 dollars for a full minute of fire.

Fuck Trump lol

It is near impossible for me to get 2 bullets in a torso sized target at 100 yards in one full auto burst. So for me anyway full auto is a generally not useful.

switzerland has relatively strong gun laws. sure you can own full auto guns but other than that its pretty fucking strict.

full auto on rifles is pointless unless its a gun specifically built around firing accurately on auto like the AEK. look at ANY gopro footage of combat and you'll notice that everyone uses semi auto.

When soldiers were issued FALs, they were told to never ever use the full auto function. It was too uncontrollable.

Attached: zh2920.jpg (2795x1760, 254K)

You can shoot accurately up to 300m in my experience with f/a
T. Owns f/a

If I could use my M11/9 for home defense without jail time I would 100% do so.
Submachine guns at pistol range are absurd, it's like spraying something with a supersoaker.

5.56 isn't bad either as far as recoil, but I feel like you have enough energy per shot that you don't need it.

Maybe you need more practice.

This is was 15rds at 300m using irons, all rounds on target, my first burst hit the belt line cause I forgot you only aim there at 100m when on the battle setting, I was only expecting a few hits

Attached: 20190217_174923.jpg (2560x1440, 1.11M)

What kind of firearm you got there?

I prefer burst fire myself 3 rounds will give you a good grouping and not waste too much ammo.

1981 tula ak74

Attached: AK74 (1).webm (320x180, 2.01M)

>Binary makes rapid and non-automatic fire worse
How so?

Honest Q, haven't used a binary trigger

>civilians
you dont really need full auto

>army
you will use single shot 99% of the time
but full auto is still pretty essential, since the last 1% you will be thankful for full auto, since it allows you to better fire and maneuver if for some reason the SAW is busy or to ventilate a target who managed to get close

What's with all the gas? Is it a nazi gun?

Full auto on your typical rifle is not terribly useful, but that doesn't mean we should be content with having the right kept away from us. The REAL, useful full auto weapons are the heavy weapons, ex. M2HB's, M248's etc. The current semi-auto M1919's on the market make me want to cry. They were not meant to be condemned to semi-auto only. RIP

Attached: Browning_M1919a.png (550x260, 71K)

You should be more like Trombley

I know there's some Canadians with illegal full giggle shit posting here, could be one of them

Suppressive fire.

It’s good at extremely close ranges for a under trained person and good at scaring a larger force of untrained people into not moving. Also it can kill a lot of unarmed/armed people very quickly with less training than a marksmen which would be more efficient but it takes longer to train someone to do that. They have their place. The closer the range and the smaller the bullet the more pertinent it is for more shots as quickly as possible. Am I wrong niggers?

Attached: 5E2A43D0-EF8A-4664-9BB9-68B8E745AB11.jpg (750x941, 795K)

a fake one as he larps

MORE LIKE TROMBLEY?!

It's useful in many situations but glowniggers have successfully put the idea that it is "useless" into so many minds that they don't really have to try hard anymore to justify restrictions or bans on automatics the world over.

It doesn't matter if the target is armored or not, if you're fighting anywhere in an urban scenario (including inside your damned house) and you don't have noodle arms (which Jow Forums meetups show a fuckin lot of you do) then five bullets to the chest is more likely to more quickly incapacitate a threat than one bullet. Simple as.

If they ban it - I want to have it

I remember you posting in /akg/ forever ago

Almost none are moreso. Most are just as pro-gun in their own regard (by which I mean theres plenty they own that we cant, but also vice versa)
Pakistan is absolutely based and redpilled but the problem there (similar to Mexico and Brazil) is obtaining ammo.
Switzerland is no longer free and certainly wasnt on par with America while it was.

>live in 1996
>be in good cantoon
>no federal gunlaws
>buy full autos and rpg's in the gunstore without registering them
>no license to carry
>reciprocity in other cantoons
>mandatory classes on how to effectivly hide weapons from the government if they try to confiscate guns
>no female voting rights
Yeah, Switzerland was always shit and just now lost their balls and freedom.

FA is good for suppressing fire and directing enemy movement. This is most likely why FA gunz were banned. The gubment doesn’t want the incredible power of suppressing fire in the hands of its citizens

I'll just leave this here.

ar15.com/forums/general/The-Lost-Art-of-Machinegunnery-/5-1395935/