FAL vs G3 - what should I buy?

FAL vs G3 - That is the question. I've been saving my hard earned bucks for a while now, but need to make a decision. Do I go with an overpriced but well made FAL from DSA, or a PTR? Are there other options? Jow Forums, it's time for a debate.

Attached: falvsG3.png (1920x1080, 350K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5MK_R4mIk_I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bumping I want a semi In 308, and not just another ar10

Just another AR-10? what do you mean by this

PTR has superior QC to DSA. PTR is also all new production while DSA is not. FAL is a more pleasant gun to shoot. G3 is a more reliable gun. FAL allows you to tune the gas system extremely well. Wide open it will work with anything, tuned it will run smooth. G3 will blast through whatever garbage you put in it and smack you around like the whore you are. That's ok though, because the G3 likes to be slapped back. G3 has $5 magazines. You'll look retarded if you call a PTR a G3, but for some reason a DSA is still a FAL.

Probably leaning towards a DSA atm, I don't mind spending $11 on surplus 20 round mags. From the drop tests, durability runs, etc it seems heavily reliable as well. Typically they only run about $100 more, and have many more variants. (Though I'm only looking at the stock ones.) I just don't see enough differences to break the stalemate.

FAL torture test: youtube.com/watch?v=5MK_R4mIk_I

I don't think either gun will be something you'll ever regret buying.

Get a VEPR.

Attached: 1555280805617.jpg (1000x540, 485K)

I have shot a 20" vepr in 308 fairly frequently and own a PTR. The vepr is a very nice rifle, the mags are hard to find tho. Both would be cheaper to feed because steel case. I like my PTR and have dropped about 500 bucks in accessories and upgrades cause I like the platform so much that I decided to get an mp5 too. I'm not sure if that's helpful but just my 2 cents

DSA has very spotty QC. The chamber on mine was not made correctly causing it to jam almost every round. Mine was not the only case of that nature I've heard of either.

The real answer is neither. Both have shitty barrels that are not chrome-lined or nitrided. Have fun with a completely worn out barrel after only 5,000 rounds.

Attached: Based And Redpilled.png (990x682, 580K)

PTR. Mags are cheap and the DSA FAL can’t handle cheap steal cased ammo.

Luckily you wouldn't have to worry about it. Faggots like you wouldn't put even a 10th of that through a gun, provided you were able to buy one.

Where are you finding FAL mags for $11?

10 inch barrel imbel with foregrip, extended mag and holo for 308 breaching

I like my PTR a whole lot.

There's the G3 thread going on right now too, you should pop in there.

Attached: P1130096.jpg (3658x1581, 629K)

Gunbroker, ebay. Some guy had 10 old L1A1 steel fal mags for $11, decent deal.

Go for whatever you think looks cooler.

PTR makes the best G3 clones right now, and generally are going to be a few hundred dollars cheaper, significantly more idiot-proof, and less picky about ammo.

DSA is your only option for new production FALs right now. They're a bit more expensive than PTR, but they make good guns. That being said, they've got the same drawbacks any FAL has, namely being less user friendly with tuning the gas system, more picky about ammo, and having significantly more expensive mags.

Attached: FAL on table.jpg (4032x3024, 1.59M)

more accurate (G3), vs more ergonomic (fal).

Both reliable in their own way. G3 blasts through any and all ammo but kicks harder. Fal can be set to use any ammo with its adjustable gas system, and kicks less hard.

What’s more important to you?

I like my PTR more than my FAL. Both are great though.

Attached: witcher RFN.jpg (1679x2322, 1.51M)

good luck finding a good one right now. i haven't personally checked in a few months but another user last week confirmed shit's dried up still.

if you just want a reliable battle rifle that will shoot whatever you feed it, then I can attest that the ptr will do the job. can't speak for dsa fal because never even seen one in person.

^ This. You clearly want both so you will likely wind up with both. Since both a modern production, just get the one with the best deal right now. Most /brg/ fags have both, and the ones that don't are giant cocksucking faggets trying to justify being that poor.

Either way, stock up on G3 mags now while they are cheap, maybe buy a FAL parts kit to get made later (DSA does a good job at this).

Cetme C they are supposed to be pretty deccent.