When should you have wood furniture and when should you have synthetic?

When should you have wood furniture and when should you have synthetic?

Attached: 16846EF6-CA66-436D-B90B-15F4274AF352.jpg (500x500, 11K)

If you want the gun to look nice put wood on it. If your actually killing shit synthetic

Have wood when you want wood and synthetic when you want synthetic.

What the fuck is this "should" shit? Buy what you like.

Whenever you want. I don't display any of my guns in a case or over a mantle, and I'm lazy, do I skew towards synthetic and stainless.

I like wood furniture on hunting guns, range toys, and old milsurp. Putting a Garand in a plastic stock upsets me, unless it's an all new build on a stripped receiver. Conversely, duty weapons in the modern era have plastic usually and that's fine. Nothing wrong with a utilitarian tool.

>Not mixing the two for maximum aesthetics

If the gun came with wood/supposed to have wood keep the wood.

ill explain this in terms you kids can understand...
wHen i use a screwdriver to pry out a stuck chunk of steel I dont use my 60 year old yankee ratcheting flathead, use harbor freight cheap chinkshit...
if youre the typa person to carry a vintage wood rifle for a drunk coon shootin weekend with the boys with disregard to your pappys weekly oiling and cleaning then you shouldnt own guns at all...

Guns are tools and were made to be used as tools, by not using them you are insulting the men that designed, built, and owned them.

If someone in 100 years finds themselves with a box of my homemade tools and puts them up on a shelf to look at without ever using, I would be rolling in my grave. I just rehandled one of my grandfathers hammers from the 20s, and I can assure you if he was alive to see me do it he would be happy to see it getting used.

This. I had a Garand with a shot out military barrel that couldn't stay on a 6 inch plate at 100 yards. I agonized over rebarreling it, I didn't want to "destroy the history." Well after a few years I finally got a military profile parkerized barrel and found an old boy to do the job right. It looks as good as it ever did, and we had it out shooting 400 yards last weekend. I like the idea that I will leave this rifle to someone in working condition.

time for me to switch out that wood on my SKS for synthetic then

Sounds good, it is your property.

>should
When you want to. Life's not a RPG and minmaxing is for faggots.

t.rangefag-at-best

Attached: a818da2fc7a8f9830a30913b930497217a8b786b8c761e4bd5a55b7510eb168d.png (561x606, 709K)

All of us, which is the point.

RobSki?

home defense: wood
boog: synth

ever tried hunting down ducks with wooden furniture innaswamp? i do mind that, you know what i don't mind? fucking the synth stock around innabush to track down that whatever, i don't think you realise how bitey tree barks & wild bushes can be on the furniture/blueing

Attached: shove off tosser.gif (640x360, 1.43M)

Are you afraid to user? Do you really care what Jow Forums thinks?

do it pussy

It literally doesn't matter. Unless you use your stock like a hammer, your wood furniture is likely to outlive you

Wood always unless you a operating with a shotgun bc of weight. Max aesthetics bro. In HD you won't be carrying it long. Also wood is stronk
I bought one of these and regret not just adding actually nice wood like walnut to a 590a1 as an side
OP you really made a thread about this?

Attached: dsc_0016_1.jpg (1620x1080, 481K)