Why Do People Give A Shit

When you call rifle magazines "clips"?
Honestly it seems like fucking bullshit to me.
Like its not like im naming some shit that doesnt exist.
Its not even like the person im talking to doesnt understand what im talking about (as evidenced by their laughter at me calling it a "clip")
But instead of just moving on with the fucking conversation
Whenever you call a gun magazine a "clip" online some smart mouthed faggot comes in with a god damn micky mouse laugh and says "ITS A FUCKING MAGAZINE YOU DUMB FUCKING RETARD!!!!HAHAHAHAH"
Honesltly Jow Forums
why people be such fags?

Attached: AssualtrifleCLIPS.jpg (311x162, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7Z9yNbDBJkU?t=2110
youtu.be/uRTc9sjq_qs?t=4m41s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because its a way to differentiate between idiots who know jack shit about guns to people who actually understand guns and how they work. When someone calls a magazine a clip it just shows theyre a moron.

Because a clip is a thing and it's different from a magazine.

Yeah

Fpbp
Just like calling everything with a pistol grip an assault rifle

based yeah poster

>Because its a way to differentiate between idiots who know jack shit about guns to people who actually understand guns and how they work.
OR maybe its just a fucking use of a term used without a second thought.
I might understand the complete workings and mechanics of an assault rifle
and just call it a "clip" because thats what im fucking use to calling it.

because clips and magazines are literally two different things. A clip feeds a magazine, a magazine feeds the gun. Its not hard. People just thing clip sounds better, but they're wrong.

I stopped giving a shit after a while. Father in law was in the Navy for 23 years, owns a bunch of ARs and bunch of other guns.
>He still says clip.
>When talking about an AR, it's a AR platform.
>Same with AKs
>Thinks .22 is the best HD round
>Doesn't keep a WML cause the muzzle flash from his 10/22 will be enough.
>Talks outloud around strangers about how he needs a .308 for when the blue helms show up.
I'm surprised no one had red flag his ass yet.

I would rather someone call ARs and AKs just that instead of AK-47 and M16.

But thats wrong retard. They're not the same thing.

You have to be >18 to post here.

Language has meaning. Magazines and clips are different the way bulldozers and excavators are different. In one instance both hold ammunition. In the other both shovel stuff. But the way they do it is different.

Different words for different things. See how this works?

based based yeah poster

There's certainly a difference in being autistic about it, versus mentioning the difference in a tactful manner when you're certain that it'll be appreciated by the other person.

It's because "clip" isn't just a slang term for magazine that people don't like, it's an actual thing. If you owned guns and bought ammunition, especially rifle ammunition that may come prepackaged in stripper clips, you would understand why the distinction was important.

My dad still calls them clips, regularly point it out to him

Old people who refuse to learn anymore make me kind of sad.

Why not learn from the experience instead of getting pissy? People can only fuck your ass if you leave yourself open, so when you see the massive predatory black cock of proper nomenclature hovering dangerously close to your unprotected crack, why not cover your cheeks by using correct terminology?

Would you name vacuum cleaners "brooms"?

Jow Forumsube said that Jow Forumslips are not Jow Forumsosher.

My dad was also in the navy and calls them clips. Is this some sort of pattern?
he also bought a fawty five or his first gun

This is like calling a cat a dog or an apple an orange and getting mad that people make fun of you for it. They are not interchangeable terms, they are two completely different things and you look like an idiot nogun for using the wrong word

I know what you mean OP. The other day I was talking to a guy about his car and I say that his air filter probably needs changing while pointing at the round thing on top, and he says "I think you mean Carburetor" while looking at me like I dont know what I'm talking about; fuck off faggot you knew what I meant its basically interchangeable anyway.

Clips and magazines are different things, that's why. You're basically saying
>why do people complain when someone says spoon but theyre holding a fork

Attached: 1540148562915.jpg (645x729, 48K)

>Talks outloud around strangers about how he needs a .308 for when the blue helms show up.
I'd say that one is okay.

Pretty based except for the light thing.

I care when legislators use the term. It tells me they have done little research beyond what they've seen in movies/TV. Normal people, don't really care unless I'm trying to get info on a gun for some reason I'd need to make the distinction

100 bullet Assault clips

Same. It makes more sense to just say AK, AR15, and AR18 than autistically and arbitrarily trying to match your firearm to its Russian military designation (in the case of AKs) or to different manufacturers' models (in the case of ARs).

because of
>look at me, i am very smart i can do semantics!

>When talking about an AR, it's a AR platform.
>Same with AKs
Everyone does this, they're umbrella terms. Clip is not an umbrella term for magazine.

youtu.be/7Z9yNbDBJkU?t=2110

Complacency kills, and knowing the difference between a magazine and a clip is not a difficult thing in the slightest.
>inb4 durr autism
There is no excuse for lack of proper gun knowledge, its why we have so much negative shit associated with it today. Unless of course you also consider an AR-15 an assault rifle because it looks like an M4 and has the letters A and R in the name. Do you call oranges pears? Do you call a bear a dog? Do you call a car a motorcycle? No? Then you can afford the miniscule amount of brain power to differentiate between magazine and clip.

No its not.
Its a clip in a tube not a cargo hold, warehouse or bunker.
Its not a magazine since that word applies to a storehouse of ammo not a handful of rounds stuffed in a tube.
So its clip not magazine.
Its like calling a rifle a cannon or a cannon a rifle. Size matters and clips arn't magazines and magazines aren't holding a handful of rounds.

>maybe its just a fucking use of a term used without a second thought.
that's exactly what the faggot said
just with a second thought which you're apparently incapable of

You're fucking retarded.

Maybe try not being such a faggot loser and actually use the correct terminology you fucking spastic brainlet.

Magazines have springs and a follower. Clips dont.

You load magazines with clips.

Order of fucking operation.

Stop LARPing as a late 19th century sea captain.

Marines called Thompson magazines clips during the Pacific War, must’ve stuck around when those vets came home and their boomer kids heard them calling magazines clips

Nomenclature is very important, it's what separates us from animals.

Why do you care when I call black people niggers?

It means the same

Attached: 001bac0cab52e65b059e228cfb70e05000dc0f1d1d0dabf8e75a090c90337291.jpg (1437x1761, 206K)

youtu.be/uRTc9sjq_qs?t=4m41s

Even boomers of 1980s disagree with you.

Interdasting

>lol its ok to call boys girls and call girls boys, it doesn't matter everybody knows what im talking about
kys

/pretty much thread desu

>watch video
>someone who isn’t experienced with guns calls magazine a clip
>go to comment section
>every comment is someone pointing it out

Then get used to calling it a mag, genius