/meg/ Military Enlistment General

National Guard Edition
Previous: LYING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
LYING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = BAD

>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga (embed)

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke???
No.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png (embed)
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

Someone needs to update the discord link and I'm not doing it.

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
strawpoll.me/4671253 (embed)

Attached: chad guardsman vs virgin soldier.jpg (800x571, 186K)

Other urls found in this thread:

silentprofessionals.org
hiconsumption.com/best-survival-schools/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mercenaries#Modern
amazon.com/s?k=mercenary&i=stripbooks&rh=p_n_feature_nine_browse-bin:3291437011,p_n_availability:2245265011&dc&qid=1564300865&rnid=2245264011&ref=sr_nr_p_n_availability_2
militarypay.defense.gov/Calculators/BRS/
military.com/join-armed-forces/asvab-and-navy-mos-jobs.html
military.com/join-armed-forces/asvab/asvab-and-marine-corps-jobs.html
military.com/join-armed-forces/asvab/asvab-and-army-jobs.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I was the guy asking about a 2/3 year NCS contract. Anyone have any experience getting a slot with UN or NATO operations? Everyone says I wont deploy if I'm not SOF, but 2/3 of my motivation of joining is to pull triggers.

>2/3 of my motivation for joining is to pull triggers.
>silentprofessionals.org
>hiconsumption.com/best-survival-schools/
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mercenaries#Modern
>amazon.com/s?k=mercenary&i=stripbooks&rh=p_n_feature_nine_browse-bin:3291437011,p_n_availability:2245265011&dc&qid=1564300865&rnid=2245264011&ref=sr_nr_p_n_availability_2
>GI Bill Approved security and defense training
Get with the fucking program dude.

Attached: dooke.jpg (210x240, 31K)

>. Anyone have any experience getting a slot with UN

The dinosaurs weren't morally good or bad, but they're all dead

>In the army, What's the most amount of leave you get in your first year? How do you request it? How long till you get 3 weeks off?

I just read I get 30 days off and 60 days but no more at 60. I was also told you get a DA30 form and to keep that with you where ever you go. How true is this? Is it common to get leave and then get pulled off?

>used to love military music and history
>now that I'm in it just gives me ulcers

Have your insurance and personal life planned
'Advanced Google search' everything related to "Special Forces"
especially anything in PDF format
Have all forms and available to/for financial planning before, during, and after your time in the military
Join forums and speak to anyone you can\

Know for certain what your overall life-goal plans are - what is your purpose? You aren't some chair force warrior in a programming department for a company no one has ever cared about, you're a god damn killer.

Attached: Green Beret Resume Example.jpg (845x785, 221K)

>Join the army
>get merc training on the GI bill
>go to constellis?
That simple?

Not the guy you're replying to, but do you know of any ways to get commerical DDM training that security group would take seriously?

no, i'm a C average student studying Communications at a state university in one of the country's poorest, uneducated states. it's just the only thing that makes the most sense if you really want to prove anything to anyone who does these kinds of things seriously for a living.

you also need to consider the fact that private intelligence companies exist, and most likely contract their work force out to private companies and stock holders around the world who share an invested interest in the outcome of any company or political entity's foreign or domestic business interactions and dealings.

everyone has a history, and we all leave a foot print somewhere in time.

Attached: 1533001498453.jpg (3024x4032, 1.62M)

what MOS is suitable for 16 year olds?

Attached: 1557412140480.jpg (762x552, 70K)

I left for boot camp on an infantry contract when i was 17.

>when i was 17.
stupid, dumb, and full of cum.

If I join the army (35m, trying for rangers), can I choose to go to mountain, jungle, and other training schools? Or is it only for certain units and it’s assigned to you?

Attached: 14314E7D-D9EB-44AA-AC08-FCCA4F0AC91F.gif (400x250, 1.97M)

I'm on a Submarine (Sonar) ask me anything. I will answer what I can. I littlerly don't do shit, my day is usually 6am to 12 at the longest with overnight duty every 6 to 4 days which just means im staying overnight on the boat usually watching a movie or doing guard duty or watch for about 6 to 8 hours at most.
Im on the older side (28) but how the fuck can anyone/kids complain about workload in peacetime military is beyond me. That being said I'm looking to rerate or transfer to another branch

Attached: 20190209_074726.jpg (4032x1960, 2.15M)

what would happen to a single male in an otherwise all-female submarine?

>tfw 17 y/o sister came home and announced that she's in the USMC DEP

whelp

Why is there no information about joining the worlds greatest Air Force?

Attached: DAB2531A-4CF7-4C86-812A-ABA91DE50848.png (568x638, 200K)

currently AD AF. I can give you info if you have questions

I am also AD

Navy Intel dude from theblast thread looking to go Marine officer. I meet with my OSO next week, what should I be looking to hear and/or convey?

PLC vs OCS/OCC?

Still be treated like a child and be on a pussy train.
Intergration has been shit in the Submarine force. So many fucking problems. So many females get kicked out at the training level for sleeping around in the barracks (holly fuck the military hotel is littlerly $20 a night), just getting caught for dumb shit, not coping with stress or just like females who have issues mentally and shouldn't have made it passed meps.

That being said I have issues with females on boats just for the fact that so many have emotional/mental issues and not because I have prejudice against them. On that note joining the military to get over head issues is a bad idea. Alot of these females came from really shitty home situations which perfectly vaild. But also getting yelled at and dealing with a military lifestyle immediately after leaving abusive parents or family doesn't help.

Lol what was the family reaction like?

what do women do in the marines

about what you'd expect, basically

retard has no real reason to. due to some good fortune, she has already had virtually all of her education paid for and has been offered a brand new vehicle multiple times but won't take it.

She did land an intelligence contact though, so there's that going for her. I still don't get it

See your point but she sounds pretty mature for her age desu. Wish my younger sis was anywhere near that.

Also yeah definitely got a good gig as well.

Im unsure if I should join the infantry or not. Ill be commissioning as an officer so I guess I dont have to decide until OCS, but I keep hearing horror stories about the infantry. Not just how it sucks cause its grunt work, that I can understand, but how people sign up for it expecting infantry/grunt work and end up sweeping floors, washing rocks and never even deploying for their entire contracts. I was looking at intel MOS's before choosing OCS which seems more "practical" but idk how common those slots are for officers. I also am signing up to be a soldier, I want to be a paratrooper and Ranger one day so I figured infantry is the best chance for that, but now im not so sure.
I just dont want to get stuck in something and realize I could have had it better but I was being naive and stubborn

Attached: not good.png (438x336, 184K)

Am I retarded for choosing a reserve 0313 contract?
Also is it true that 03's in the reserves train more than other mos's

I mean going as an officer will always mean more money, but on that note your version of 'fun" may be different.
I regret not going to OCS in the navy.

Also what do they call NJP in the Army?

How do you know when your military career has topped out?

Attached: Starscream, the eternal XO.jpg (1500x1500, 205K)

>she sounds pretty mature for her age
How much of a fucking screw up is your genetic sibling if that sounds mature to you?

She's just a conceited cunt, so like most teenage girls I suppose. Also the maturity I speak of is not fitting in with what others expect of you, and making your choices not someone else's. As long as someone's trying to find meaning and not vegetating on the street it's hard for me to personally fault them. Too many people figure that out way too late.

haha your zoomer sister is literally going to be getting gangbanged by niggers and spics. imagine your young zoomer sister taking cocks in her mouth ass and hands at the same fucking time, that shit is literally going to happen. what a giant fucking slut that generation is a joke

Have you ever gone into the bathroom after she used it and it smelled like poop.

>LYING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
>LYING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = BAD
Explain why this is true.

see how far you get without it

I mean, what makes one good and one bad?

Is there anyway I could/should lie about some eye surgery? I need to get this thing removed so I can wear contacts again, it’s not so much a surgery because it’s really quick in and out. They really shouldn’t notice, but if they see it on my records will they get butthurt?

why are you so hung up on leave??
you get 30 days of leave a year. 2.5 days a month.
you can't accrue more than 60*

*exceptions exist but they won't matter until you're a few years in anyway

they cant track your medical history but they can track your criminal history

If you had PRK you should be able to lie and get away with it, but if it was LASIK it's much more noticeable and especially risky if you're doing anything high speed or involving high speeds, because the flap can be dislodged

>You have overcome your issues or they are not as bad as presented on paper since you passed
VS
>you might go ballistic one day and you lied about it
Assuming med history isn't mental shit

How to into Delta?

anyone who tells you this has certainly not done it.
keep in mind most of the people in this thread are giving advice on shit they have never done or even come close to doing. mil related or not. it's kind of baffling tbqh

the same thing as guys except have easier PT scores and get NAMs for having titties.

she sounds squared away desu and probably needs a challenge in life.

How does medical history not apply to both? What criminal goes "ballistic one day" after prison?

any horror stories you hear are from enlisted.
officers live in a completely separate world.
you don't really get to pick infantry anyway like enlisted do so this is a nonissue. hopefully you get it but there's a chance you won't.

Be a Ranger or Special Forces for 10 years with a lot of deployments
You could even be a SEAL, so I've heard, but unfortunately you'd then be a SEAL

>lie about eye surgery
lol very unlikely. they physically look at your eyeballs.

any optometrist can see your PRK scars at a glance when they perform an examination you idiot. stop giving out shitty advice.

I’ve got an eye web that I’ve had for years that’s just now starting to interfere with contacts.
So I want to get that fucker removed ASAP so I can go back to not having glasses on 24/7. I want to get PRK, but that’s a hell of a long time to wait before I can get cleared to join. So I’ll probably just wait until after I join to do that.

As opposed to slutting it up in college? What's your point man?

>any optometrist can see your PRK scars
Maybe if you got it done 10 years ago or in Mexico

How close do they get to look for scars? I got a tiny one about the size of a penny on my ankle that's hard to see unless you're close

They don’t. No one cares

Wouldn't SEALs better prepare you into Delta or am I better off sticking to Rangers?

They mostly recruit from Rangers, then Special Forces, then other SOF including SEALs

imagine her taking Martinez's cock. that's the point

Do you have to be active for the full 20 years to collect that retirement or can you do a mix of active and reserves/guard? Mulling over making a career out of this, but I’d still want to be able to do a civilian job eventually.

Okay, now what?

did you picture her young, tight, pure, clean pussy getting deeply penetrated by Martinez's dirty, brown, hairy, smelly cock? did you see her moaning as he thrusts into her, with her smooth pale white fit butt cheeks bouncing on his pelvis. can you hear her cry and in pleasure and moan and groan while squirming under him? can you hear Martinez's loud, ape-like groans as digs his brown cock deeper and deeper into her, drooling on his belly hair. did you see him grab her silky smooth beautiful young hair and pull her head as he continues o pound her? well? did you?

Why?

the 20 year system doesn't even exist anymore.
google the new system, it's more convoluted but not bad. doesn't require full 20 to "retire" per se, either

I spent approximately 15 seconds reading that and my brain hurts.

>mfw girls born after 2001 are now enlisting and taking Martinez's and Tyrone's cock

and its fucking hot

Can they track it if it happened when you were a minor

Why the fuck do you do this?

because I fucking hate it. i fucking hate it and my life is a complete fucking mess

well on the bright side it answers your question.
you don't need to do 20 years active to "retire" :)
there are calculators out there but basically the new system is a DoD 401k with decent matching, as i understand it. im hardly a 401k expert and I got out before BRS was a thing.

militarypay.defense.gov/Calculators/BRS/

I did have to get briefed on it and stuff because it was about to exist when I was on my way out, and the internal calculator we had showed you could actually make more after 20 years if you just put in more $$ to max the feds matching how much you put in every year, however it was honestly not that much more.

I've always been of a mind that the DoD accountants see it as a way to save money going forward because boots don't think about their retirement funds at all and the Blended Retirement System is maxed only if you put in a certain amount since the beginning.
In the end, a lot of service members (likely most) are not going to put that much into their retirement accounts and therefore the feds don't need to match it.

The calculator I linked doesn't put NG as an option so I'm totally unsure of how that works but even then dude, the old system required you be active for your last 3 years to get any worth out of it, anyway.

they want (you)s and think it's funny

Attached: 1526008778492.png (603x588, 496K)

I want to go active for a four year contract, and I might honestly reup afterwards because yolo plus I don’t really mind the bullshit that I’ve heard about.
But after that I’m not sure if I’d want to spend my life doing everything according to what the big daddy govt wants, or if I’d rather spend it in the reserves or a guard unit and do normal civilian shit.

This sounds like a way to fuck over most people that join.

>This sounds like a way to fuck over most people that join.
yes i think that's the point.
though i am also a piece of shit who thinks the 20 year insta-retirement is absurdly generous. literally exist for 20 years and get paid forever for it.

idk what your situation is but if you want to enlist for 1 contract you will learn a lot more about the BRS when you join and can ask dudes who've been using it for a few years about their thoughts.
I highly recommend playing with calculators before you join so you can at least get max gov % matching from day 1 in basic.

At the 3 year mark you will probably have a decent idea of if you want to stick around or fuck off entirely. From there it's a matter of looking into the guard or reserves if you don't want to stay active.
So you don't really miss out in any scenario, assuming you intend to enlist in the end.

Ham?

>people saying they can't track your medical history
You sign away your HIPAA rights on the 2807, and have to name your doctors.

None of those horror stories apply to you if youre going officer. Probably 5 officers a year out of the entire military across all branches has ever had to paint rocks or cut grass with scissors.

>doesn't name his doctors
hehe
nothing personnel kid

share any example of them going to get hospital records and DQing someone from what they found. we'll all wait.

Attached: 1516968568730.gif (400x296, 443K)

Then ask what needs to be written down if you havnt been to a doctor in over 10 years, the clinic your parents took you to shut down, and you do not have contact with your parents to ask what the name of your doctor was.

>max gobernment money
Damn right. Everyone else is getting gibs, I want mine.

Maybe you shouldn't think of people you've never met and let them do what they're going to do. It doesn't affect you in anyway. Be concerned about what you're doing.

not him but it does affect indirectly because you are doing the same and the whole reason people do things is so others perceive us in a certain way and so other people partaking in what we are partaking in that could create a negative perception of what we're doing then brings us down and gives us a lowered perception as well. that is why you are actually wrong

>this post
an interesting way of thinking.

> the whole reason people do things is so others perceive us in a certain way
people do things because they personally enjoy them as well or to achieve personal goals

If you're trying to convince me that a 17 year old girl sleeping with Mexicans in the Marine Corps indirectly affects anyone other than her boyfriend you are schizophrenic.

I recently graduated college, and want to apply for Naval OCS (specifically going for Aviation) at the beginning of next year, but I took anti depressants for a year after graduating highschool. Also experimented with some drugs in college, but that's over now. No criminal record or anything. Are they going to find out? Is it even worth trying?

Attached: 3df62adc3b28cc69ea9099a435646caa.jpg (236x282, 22K)

drugs are an obvious "no"
anti depressants are also a "no", just less obvious
you're good to go.

>people do things because they personally enjoy them as well or to achieve personal goals
that's what they tell themselves but people hardly do things for the sake of enjoying them
youre in denial. cope harder

I'm just worried about the form where you have to list people for background check interviews. Do they ask about that stuff? Or is it more just making sure you're not some heathen commie?

>youre in denial. cope harder
the irony

Attached: 1546902692982.png (473x417, 218K)

>just less obvious
How? If he's not depressed he's good

they don't ask about medical stuff at all. it's really just a check to see if you associate with terrorists, spies, or other foreign agents, and if you're going to be leveraged by your massive debts in the future.
you're fine

Attached: 1519360172958.jpg (473x390, 21K)

by that i meant it's less obvious to people that it's good to go.
people are really afraid the govt has access to all medical systems, apparently. was just saying it's less obvious that he's in the clear on that.

Thank you user. One last question, on the off chance they did somehow find out, would they send me to jail or some shit, or just tell me to fuck off? Regardless, I feel like I'm always going to regret not trying to apply, but I'd like to know what kind of hot water I might get into.

speak for yourself. you literally want 17 year old white girls to bounce their fit tight yoga butts on Mexican cock

You're a genetic disaster my dude. Your emotional distress, limited intellectual capacity and mental disorders reflect this. Take solace in the fact that the top 50% of women don't find you attractive.

I took the practice ASVAB at my recruiter's office and got a 91. He was blowing his load about it and perked up real quick when he saw that score, and kept saying "Damn that's a good score."
Is it really, or is he just saying that to try and inflate my ego to get me to join?

Attached: 1429259072198.jpg (1000x625, 377K)

What's the fastest you have seen someone make it to E-7?

Do they usually stick around for E-9 or do they jump ship via OCS, warrant ranks, or the civilian world?

Attached: The Chad Chief.jpg (1200x800, 180K)

if they find out they just kick you out. you won't get your bennies and that's about it.
im not sure what the discharge type is, but it's not dishonorable which is the only bad one that really hurts you.
honestly, the only way they can "find out" is if you admit to it with something like depression, anyway.

it's on them to prove you lied and that it was a problem before you joined. since that's generally impossible to prove unless you say "i lied", then they just take care of it or medically discharge you

Alright, it's settled then. Appreciate the information.

He probably is amazed because most recruiters are genuine retards. Don't go Nuke no matter what he says.

Its the ASVAB, scoring 90+ means you are a functional human being and may hate your life if you go toward low IQ jobs.

military.com/join-armed-forces/asvab-and-navy-mos-jobs.html
military.com/join-armed-forces/asvab/asvab-and-marine-corps-jobs.html
military.com/join-armed-forces/asvab/asvab-and-army-jobs.html

idk how hard the practice is, but a 91 generally means you can get any job.
recruiters tend to like it when they finally get someone who can be put into hard-to-fill jobs because everyone sucks at test taking

fastest I've seen was just 8-9 years in the marines. dude was an absolute monster.
brilliant, nice, didn't drink. his first PFT he didn't get a perfect score on was after he got e7.
he was meritoriously promoted from e1-e5 iirc.
he is one of the most perfect humans i've ever met, considering he was smart, fit, competent, and a very chill dude.

he'll likely do 20 years now, but he almost got out because he knows he can make more money as a civ and he has a family. his mos got a big bonus when he was reenlisting though so he decided it worked out for his family either way.

>Its the ASVAB, scoring 90+ means you are a functional human being
yes this is the sad truth.

It's only good because almost everyone joining is a fucking retard