Batons

I rarely see Jow Forums discussing collapsible batons.

Why's that ? I know a few bouncers use them as a toolf of disuasion and urgency.

Did you ever use one as part of your job / self defence ? Would you recommend ? If so, what brand or length ?

Attached: 0000.jpg (600x600, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

maglite.com/shop/flashlights/full-size-flashlights/maglite-ml300l-led-4-cell-d.html
russian-whips.com/
youtu.be/j2u-UnkJb5c
youtube.com/watch?v=uDBv-Vo7B5M
youtube.com/watch?v=6my9mtRIeCg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Four D cell Maglite - maglite.com/shop/flashlights/full-size-flashlights/maglite-ml300l-led-4-cell-d.html

Because Collapsible batons suck. If you have a job that requires intermediate levels of force, Pepper Spray, TASER, and the old wooden straight stick are vastly superior, and concealability isn't a factor.

If you are a regular guy, pepper spray is still smaller, and you don't really *need* a intermediate level of force between "hands" and "gun/knife".

Most places ban carrying a baton that also ban guns, so if you are gonna break the law, just carry a knife, or the pepper spray.

Worst thing ever invented.

t. guy who whacked people with batons for years before getting a different job.

I ditched my collapsible after less than a year and went back to the hardwood straight stick, much better.

Why would I break a perfect, factory new lamp on a nigger

>hardwood straight stick, much better.

How can it be better when it's less sturdy, and less concealable ?

>less sturdy

LOL my sweet, sweet child, I *bent* my collapsible (Monadnock) on a recalcitrant basketball american, after that I noticed (and spoke to) several veterans and guess what? hardwood batons or none at all on their Sam Browns. Never seen a wood baton break, seen a bunch of collapsible bend after one good fight.

Also, wood is denser and seems to have a much more substantial *thump* vs *ping* when applied to the human body.

>concealable
As I said before, concealibility doesn't mean shit. If you are a Cop/Guard/Whatever its a non-factor. If you are a regular guy (like me now) you either carry something better (and more lethal) or smaller and also less than lethal (spray) in addition to something lethal.

I own a telescopic baton and generally feel like if you get one of decent quality it can still be useful, I’ve seen one break blocks of concrete before. That being said I also bought a Volchatka from Russia which is essentially a braided whip filled with lead and steel which I can just tell is a vastly more deadly weapon, Cossacks traditionally used them to bash in wolf skulls on horseback.

Attached: 8E7CD19D-1D62-491B-9487-323577AD184C.jpg (4032x3024, 1.37M)

Basically I think the collapsible baton is a meme, its cool when you flick it out and it goes *snik* but its cool in the same way as a butterfly knife as there are several better options. A folding/fixed blade knife vs a butterfly/automatic OTF is the straight stick vs collapsible baton.

Again, if you can't have a gun or knife (as a regular guy), batons are likely banned as well, so if you wanna defend yourself, pick something better (a gun or knife), thats easier to conceal, and more lethal or something easier to conceal and less lethal (spray).

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, slapjacks/blackjacks/coshs/saps/etc. are all also awesome, and more concealable, but also are banned basically everywhere, by everyone.

They are shit for self defence. And it you hit the head (which is forbidden for the police) you might kill the guy.

>less sturdy
You can throw away most collapsible batons after one or two uses because they will be bent, and either don't reliably close or open anymore making them useless.

Where'd you buy it ? Looks pretty rad from what i've seen online

That's only the case for cheap batons. ESP are very durable.

>I rarely see Jow Forums discussing collapsible batons.

They are not really weapons. Just less lethal pussy sticks.

No they aren't. I literally trashed my Monadnock after one good use.

>ESP

Lol, so you are a Eurofag, Look, I know you can't defend yourself with anything worth a shit legally, but I can guarantee the government will shit on you just as hard for going upside Mohammed's head with a baton as shanking him, and the baton is likely as illegal as the knife is, and if we're good with carrying something illegally (I have no personal objection here) you may as well have something better.

Pepper Spray is better than the collapsible baton and is more likely to be legal, spray them and run away. Get Sabre Red or Freeze +P, and spray the shit out of them if you need too.

And you're just talking out of your ass.

I use mine all the time as a door knocker.

Only used it once for self defense

Attached: images (1).jpg (275x183, 4K)

If OP has some fetish for impact weapons (or legal requirements) pic related is a vastly superior option to the shitty collapsible baton. One (good/solid) hit from this and its coloring books for Christmas.

Its also much more concealable, harder to see used, in fact if utilized correctly, it appears on cameras as if you slapped your opponent, probably the best impact weapon devised for use against unarmed assailants. (sap gloves are great too).

I'm this prison guard/corrections officer fag and I think I have quite a bit of experience in this field.

Attached: 0eac1b1db34168c7c0ad13a0a773d3e0.jpg (750x1000, 95K)

>Lol, so you are a Eurofag, Look, I know you can't defend yourself with anything worth a shit legally, but I can guarantee the government will shit on you just as hard for going upside Mohammed's head with a baton as shanking him

You're retarded and delusional. Europeans have killed non whites in self defense and were not punished for it. Even in great Britain a woman shot some Arab with a crossbow.

Huur huur cucked euruop! American couple got 20 years for calling a black family niggers while waving firearms. So how about you uncuck yourself and then trash talk?

Attached: 46aP2QbqUqBqwzwxM6L1P6uLNceBDDCM6KqPSUnsuY5LKrBpht9Lnk4zpUhWkFyQFjpeags46ARMZ4qoEad2ELrQUM5K.png (640x360, 198K)

I got mine off of Etsy which I think would be your best bet, though I’ve seen some on Amazon too. You’re definitely gonna want one from Russia since they’re the authentic ones and best crafted. You can also check out this site:
russian-whips.com/
There’s lots of different types too.

Is this the same glorious winged faggot(op) from yesterday? Get a bonowi 26 cam lock. Anything else is too light or too feeble. The bigger and heavier your stick is the more force you can generate assuming you swing them all with the same speed.(which you should unless you are a pussy and a few ounces make a difference.)

My, my, how defensive Eurofag. I'm trying to help your stupid ass with a dose of actual experience and reality, look up your actual laws in regards to the carrying of weapons for self-defense. The vast majority aren't going to look too kindly on it, and if you actually use it they are going to wreck your shit.

Now keep raging and larping, Jow Forumsid.

>buy it

Screw that, How do you make one? Google doesn't seem to be too helpful.

i have a hard time imagining this ballsack-looking thingy does damage.

Where do you live? Saps or "slung shot" are illegal to carry just about everywhere.

Thanks.

Everything is illegal in California, ask me if I give a fuck.

Then carry a gun if you dgaf mr man. Anything else is an excuse and a half measure.

I do, I want other options though.

Basically this.

Or at least a badass fixed blade or folder. Fuck it, if you are breaking the law have something better than a shitty aluminum stick.

If *I* was in a law breaking mood, I'd probably have a shitty, cheap, concealable gun (like Charter/Taurus/whatever) and a decent knife both of which could be ditched in a storm drain if needed without much loss.

By the way does it hit hard ?

What is it ? Tinyeye 0 results.

You're not LE, you don't need other options. If you pull a stick/sap/knife for self defense you will wind up in a fight. Without adequate training they will be marginally more effective than bare hands. A physically larger or more determined attacker will not be dissuaded. Pull a gun and if your attacker doesn't flee at least you will have an effective tool.

Its a slapjack/blackjack.

Basically its a piece of leather loaded with lead shot or cast lead. You grab low with the "spoon" protruding above your fist and use it to hit people with (usually in the head) and it knocks them the fuck out.

Doubt all you want, that thing kicks ass.

Knife fights end with both parties going to the hospital, I would like to avoid that.

Well the collapsible baton isn't going to help you with that, once knife guy gets inside your guard you are super fucked and are gonna die.

I'm the Guard fag from above, and I can tell you knife beats collapsible baton most of the time, even shitty prison shanks do. Get Pepper Spray and run away from a guy with a knife that knows how to use it, or just shoot his ass, repeatedly.

Batons are dumb, and predictable. It's backhand, forehand, and overhead swings, and once blocked or deflected the user is wide open.

nigga that's a sap (or slapjack)

Blackjacks are pic related

Attached: 67176993_10217919006839020_2840903888851173376_n.jpg (720x960, 85K)

He doesn't dual wield with a parrying dagger.

Yeah the head of the whip is a big ass lead ball and even though I haven’t tested it on really hard materials it’s pretty evident just by holding and tapping yourself with it that it could pretty much shatter any bone that it hits in one strike. Some are lighter than others and shorter, mine is 24 inches and pretty heavy, but they were designed to hunt wolves and are an extremely effective weapon for defense.

Can it kill if you heat the guy in the head ? Don't want to end up in jail.

CRINGE

Attached: michael-scott-the-office.jpg (623x399, 25K)

Calm down officer.

Attached: serveimage4.jpg (728x547, 69K)

Most US police departments banned saps and blackjacks since they were too effective and cops were leaving people invalid with them

They were so ubiquitous that many uniforms had a dedicated pocket for them. They're only recently starting to have restrictions being loosened on them.

It may be small, but it's filled with enough lead that it weighs as much if not more than a normal baton on top of often being cast onto a spring for more power.

palm/finger saps are better for discrete power slapping

Attached: 9904c1fc748f9ce27addcd414be84012.jpg (236x178, 8K)

user you wouldn't be caught carrying an illegal weapon right ? That leather thing you have in your pocket is just a book weight.

Attached: Custom-Black-PU-Leather-Book-Weight.jpg_350x350.jpg (350x350, 56K)

Only autistic anime larpers purchase these to fling them open in front of the mirror in their bedroom. Pepper spray is literally infinitely more effective than this mall goth accessory. Even funnier is the fact that if one of these baritone headband types were to actually use a baton in a fight the nigger that’s jumping him would just take it from his pale fingers and make the beating even worse on captain autismo

>HURR DURR don't carry a weapon criminals will just take it away from you

Wow this guy is so tough holy crap guys can we call my mom I’m ready to go home

>more illegal than a knife
>less effective

Attached: 01718adf.jpg (555x500, 29K)

That's a Foster isn't it? I have one by him as well.

How good is it ?

The only pluses of a collapsible baton for uniformed work are the smaller size and lower weight.

yeah, not mine though

The Foster brothers are the best guys around for classic pattern saps and blackjacks.

Basically this

Perhaps they are a bit too effective for the "Current Year" and the kinder, gentler, USSA. Also some/most states have specific laws against them or additional requirements (like in AL for example, to carry one you need your Pistol Permit) and its lumped under:

>>(j)The term “deadly weapon” as used in this section means a firearm or anything manifestly designed, made, or adapted for the purposes of inflicting death or serious physical injury, and such term includes, but is not limited to, a bazooka, hand grenade, missile, or explosive or incendiary device; a pistol, rifle, or shotgun; or a switch-blade knife, gravity knife, stiletto, sword, or dagger; or any club, baton, billy, black-jack, bludgeon, or metal knuckles.

But note it also covers the collapsible baton, which is what I've been saying all along, yes every state/country is different, but a bunch of places look at the collapsible baton the same way they do a myriad of much more effective weapons.

Looks like something a homo would stick up his ass.

Most of these retards have either never handled a baton, or were in "security"/LEO situation where they have minimal training with them. If you're getting one, train a stick fighting art that actually works and full contact spar that shit. There is a way to do it, and you'll get fucked up if you don't

Cop here, came to post but:
said pretty much everything I would say.

Never met a telescoping baton I liked. A wood or metal straight stick is perfect. The PR24's side handle gets in the way of how the officer instinctively wants to use it.

Pepper spray is fucking great by comparison. It's super low as a use of force compared to a baton and you don't look like you're trying to kill Rodney King to the general public when you're using it.

Block with what? You block with an arm, the arm is broken.

And weapons blocks are bypassed with compound attacks and feints. Filipino martial arts work fine with a baton.

Depending on your state, carrying a collapsable baton may not be legal. In many, including mine (which is generally pretty cool about this sort of thing), collapsible batons are considered concealed weapons, and aren't covered under concealed handgun licenses.

In other words, as a civilian, just carrying a concealed baton in public could literally land you felony charges.

saps are very effective and very illegal for most of us to carry and use. We're not France yet.

To break an arm you need to apply force and sometimes it isn't enough
It'll be painfull as fuck but during the fight people won't feel it

They seem effective against kebab

youtu.be/j2u-UnkJb5c

The way to defend yourself against a baton or any blunt object really is to defend with your arm at about a 45 degree angle while closing distance. Doing so mitigates some of the impact to your arm because it tends to hit and slide rather than hit directly. Moreover moving in close as you do this moves the point of impact away from the tip of the weapon whichiban greatly reduces the force applied to your body. If you know what you're doing and move forward instead of away defending against a stick is not THAT difficult. It's the reason why the dog brothers, who actually practice fma, still end up clinching and grappling all the time

I haven't seen enough of their fights to know how often they're grappling. I know one of them is also a BJJ blackbelt and consciously worked to see what could transfer.

The national guard and police training vids I've seen concentrate on pushing away and getting into proper striking distance.

Yes they can kill. That's why you aim from the knee to the hip.
It you tag it right you can take out both legs with one shot.

To the cops and prison cops itt: do you agree with this former cop about batons being shit?
youtube.com/watch?v=uDBv-Vo7B5M
Also thoughts on this? More pain=more compliance, less risk of grievous injury
youtube.com/watch?v=6my9mtRIeCg

Dog Brothers do pressure test their stuff, but the sticks they use are more akin to switches than they are to hardwood batons.

It's alot easier to have the chutzpah to walk through strikes if the most you'll get are some bad welts.

Anything is a dildo if you're brave enough.

Anyone who thinks a solid straight baton is better ever had to carry one. They wack your knees, make getting into a car awkard, and get annoying when they swing around on your waist for 8+ hours. They're also lighter than a proper collapsible baton most of the time and take much more effort to get out of the scabbard. Any collapsible baton that closes with a button instead of being friction lock will fail and it's one of the many reasons why monadnocks suck compared to ASP. They're thinner and come with a weird curriculum where useless and impossible control holds and pressure points are included instead of strikes and two hand checks. I haven't seen anyone's ASP bend or break yet, and it's only a memo away from getting a new one issued to you. Compared to those homoerotic, mall ninja quick close ones that cost three times as much for the luxury of not having to slam it on the ground to close.

Anyone who's not security/ Leo should just carry pepper spray or a gun.

>The baton is shit I was a cop for 8 years
Compared to what? I guess if hands and pepper spray fail you can always go right to lethal force instead of hitting them in muscle groups with a blunt instrument.