Reloading .22?

Has anyone tried reloading .22? In case of SHTF, are .22 guns gonna be useless once you've spent all the ammo? I'd wager these things are hard/impossible to reload... am I wrong?

Attached: 1534915858167.jpg (1200x840, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

22lrreloader.com/
corbins.com/prrfjm.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's been done, in the 1950s/60s. The most dangerous part is spinning liquid primer into the rim.

>The most dangerous part is spinning liquid primer into the rim.

Its not dangerous, just dissolve in acetone and off you go. Main problem is that its very hard to reload well to get good reliable and consistent results

By the time everyone runs out of 22lr ammo the sun will have gone dark.
Most of that 22lr ammo will just be taken apart and used for reloading useful rounds.

>hard/impossible to reload... am I wrong?
Basically yes you are wrong, the bullet is very easy being cast and unjacketed, uses very little power but you can even load it with BP if you want just don't leave any air, you just use a solvent and priming compound and smear it into the rim cavity wet using e.g a zip tie and put a simple neck crimp on them. Youll' have the odd dud and the groups will open as your loads won't be as consistent as commercial, you can buy moulds, crimpers etc Best used is a revolver or bolt gun and take care for squibs

There will be no shtf apocalypse. The sooner you realise that the less of your life you will waste. Its a fun experiment to reload a 22Lr though

This.

>Most of that 22lr ammo will just be taken apart and used for reloading useful rounds.

ust noticed that. Generally only nongunz or vidyafuds think 22 is 'not useful' because they don't realise why its great for rabbits etc. It does not blow them apart and is therefore more useful in many ways than anything other than a shotgun, that's why shotguns and 22s are such common farm guns, they are actually useful. That being said they have enough energy to easily penetrate or break bone and I don't won't to get shot by one.

If reloading rimfires was easy then I would be reloading .22 magnum everyday

Climate change induced famines causing war/mass migration is very plausible

.22lr can be bought for a couple cents a round. If you're that concerned over a SHTF that will last so long you want to contemplate handloading .22lr, just buy yourself 50k rounds and adequate containers to store them.

>shtf
>natural disasters and riots dont happen.

no but it isn't human caused

it's just an excuse for mass migration

priming it is MUCH harder than you describe. you don't even know what the compound for priming is.

If it was really shtf, you'd be best off with a compact reloadable centerfire cartridge like .22 hornet or something

literally 2 seconds on search engine
22lrreloader.com/
honestly i want one for shits and giggles, but i think the brass casings would be much more useful swaged into .223 bullet jackets.
corbins.com/prrfjm.htm

no, what you should be doing is swaging it into jackets for bigger bullets

>reloading a rimfire cartridge

dont bother, any meth-head has a box of 600 up his ass crack

It really depends on what people mean by shtf

>Trying to reload a rimfired round

Attached: 792221.jpg (450x375, 29K)

This.
Its a neat science experiment.
But let's look at reality-

>SHTF
>50k rounds.
>20 rounds a day
>6 and a half year supply.

But you won't be shooting that much.

>50k rounds
>30 rounds a week
>32 years

You won't be running around like madmax.