.177 caliber pellet pistol for non-lethal self defense

If someone tries to attack you with pepper spray or with some sort of attack that would maim but not kill you, depending on the situation (what state you’re in, whether you’re on your own property, etc), you may not legally be justified in killing them. How good would a pellet gun be in this situation as a non-lethal alternative?

Attached: EAEFF676-98D5-4CD7-A3CB-B54542864C88.jpg (1500x848, 76K)

Grip the barrel and start a swinging.

You can easily kill someone with a .177 pellet, I wouldn't carry a .177 pistol and expect it to be non lethal, but simultaneously you're putting yourself and others you're protecting in danger by carrying such a small caliber but I guess it's better than nothing.

I’m talking about carrying it in addition to a firearm.

I'm with I own that very gun, I have shot myself with that gun wondering a very similar thing. It stings, hurts more to pick the lead pellet out than to get shot.

I'm so glad summer is almost over.

I taken a few squirrels with mine, that was using hunting pellets. Still just gonna use it as a club. Or maybe shoot them in the face until empty and gtfo afterwards.

10 rounds to the face with that bad boy and i'd like to see the man who can keep coming after you OP.

My son leaves his here when he's at his mother's during the week and I keep it under my bed just in case any burglars try any funny business

You should look at the case with Sgt. Timothy Gramins. He shot a guy 14 times with a .45, six of them being fatal shots, didn't stop the guy from coming after him.

Pepper spray or non leathal counts as assault.

A taser, pepper spray or melee weapon is going to be a far more effective method of nonlethal self-defence than some fucking pellet gun. As well as being smaller, easier to defend in court, able to be carried in more locations and less likely to get you shot when some nig thinks you've escalated to lethal force or some passing cop mistakes you for a threat.

What a dumb fucking idea. I hope to god you're underageb&

better than your bare hands, and/or some day to day items you might find on-hand or lying around e.g. a small stick, a straw, a tissue, chapstick etc... probably, but inferior to say a 'real' gun, a taser, pepper spray, a knife, a baton, a baseball bat, a rock or brick you picked up off the ground, a length of rusty chain, a pipe, or large stick etc...

And possibly much WORSE than your hands in the case they or someone walking by (especially the cops) has a 'real' gun and draws and fires on you before confirming yours isn't

basically it's a bad fuckin idea. You're really better off carrying a baton or knife or tactical flashlinght or pen or kubaton or kung-fu-ing people than pulling an airgun on someone in self defense. And yes you can technically kill someone with a .177, or higher airgun calibers, and I personally DO like airguns, I have an air rifle for varmint. But that's more on the hunting side. Like I can a take a deer with a bow and arrow, I wouldn't carry a fuckin bow and arrow around for self defense. Unless you're john wayne or robin hood or some shit, drawing and firing off that one shot in close quarters with an air pistol or bow to stop them from closing the distance before they stab or beat you to death is probably not going to work out in your favor. Also you pull out something gun-shaped, and everyone else pulls out their gun, and probably shoots you

Depends what caliber pellet gun you have. .177 might be enough to make someone leave you alone if you put a few into them. IF you fired it from a break barrel spring piston gun that does 1,200 fps, one shot straight through their rib cage will definitely but a damper on their attack.

I'd recommend you build a .30 caliber pneumatic pistol from crosman/benjamin parts.

Attached: lpwy45v2.ikc.jpg (720x480, 60K)

Get a Drozd and modify the fuck out of it. People used to get these things going at 1,200 rpm with 1,100 fps. That's like a blast of birdshot, except the bb's are hitting you sequentially instead of all at once. You could shred someones face off in seconds with it.

Attached: download.jpg (259x194, 13K)

Look there are even .30 cal 7 shot repeaters, bolt action though mine will probably be a side-lever action.

Attached: .30pistol.jpg (1024x352, 201K)

blat blat blat
Check yoself

Attached: 27744673_10154901184627126_1633177219_o.jpg (2048x1152, 307K)

>Non-lethal self defense
You're underage aren't you

You can shoot off your little toe with a pellet gun though. So not totally useless.

>in addition to a firearm

Attached: 1536288605589.jpg (210x240, 5K)

I have a .22 caliber thing similar to this. I've killed a squirrel with it but if you're thinking of using it to protect yourself in a life and death scenario you're being silly. It would be an absolute last resort kind of thing for if I had nothing else to hand. I might even choose a knife or just throwing a stone compared to this thing. When someone's blood is up, hitting them with this thing, even with 10 pellets, is much more likely to piss them off real bad than to deter them.

Unless you're a god and hit them in the eye, in which case they'll surely be a little too busy screaming to attack.

>non lethal self defense
You better have a good lawyer and be prepared to be sued out the ass by your attacker. With today’s cucked judges you’ll probably lose too. Have fun living on the streets while jamal gets your house, car, savings and all your possessions.

I want to ask you about something while we are talking about pellet guns. I'm thinking about buying a pcp rifle. Already have a springer and I really like shooting it but I want something that shoots faster and has a magazine. Can anyone of you recommend me something decent for low price? I was thinking about hatsan vectis since I like the lever action and it looks sturdier than other rifles in that price category. Anyone has any experience with it?

Attached: guinea+pig+in+grass+-+Copy.jpg (1000x642, 102K)

>I feared for my life, officer.
Don't deviate from your story. You were in fear of great bodily harm/death, and you defended yourself in kind. Don't carry a fucking toy for self defense.