Why MLOK sucks so much thread

Attached: IMG_0168_HG-M1043-20-MLOK.jpg (2000x2000, 551K)

It doesn't look like dicks

Shit looks gay as fuck give me a quad rail over that weird dinky anorexic thing

you're trying to install a rail on your first mlok handguard I'm guessing

>get magpul hand guard from friend
>need to get separate rails and install them to mount anything
>weird but k
>look in stores
>a single 11 slot rail is 15 dollars
>go online
>a 3, 5, 7, 11, and 13 slot rail combo pack is 20 dollars
>also it has fewer little dimple thingies in it so it is way more flexible as to where it can be placed then official magpul brand schlock
>also it's air craft grade aluminum rather than plastic
how does magpul ever stay in business?

Bulk pmag sales

that single 11 slot rail cost them like 5 cents to make
just have to sell it once to cover the production cost for 100 more
everything past that is pure profit

but who buys it when amazon sells tons of cheaper, better quality clones?
I'd half tempted to see if I can find a clone hand guard and swap it out. Odds are it will be better too.

t.fudd boomer

Are you cooking lamb for dinner? Because it seems like you were really needing some sage

I don’t think you know what either of those words mean

Looks cheap compared to keymod.

Also take old Magpul slots from old Moe handguard and stocks

Come up with a cool marketing name and it's a new thing!

>but who buys it when amazon sells tons of cheaper, better quality clones?
hahaha
they dont
its all airsoft plastic that doesnt hold up

KAC RAS non free-floated is best for those 2006 feels.

There should be an m-lok light somewhere out there in this big beautiful capitalist nation, i just can't find it. Thus i am stuck with handguard+rail+mount+light instead of just handguard+light. Shit i would settle for handguard+mount+light.

I've been thinking the same thing.

I have a Magpul stock on my 22 and I love it except for Mlok. I put the thing in and took he allen wrench and turned it and I thought it locked until it came off while I was hunting. So then I took the gun/stock apart and actually positioned the lock before tightening it and making sure it was connected.

Attached: IMG_0300.jpg (4032x3024, 2.25M)

piclok is a thing.
>looks cheap
>compared to budget shelf supports

Dude I use those airsoft sling qd swivels they hold up

Keymod shelves are used in industrial applications. You can stick Honda engines on them

whats the thing around ur trigger guard?

what are you talking about? friend gave you a rail but you want more rail?

It's an extended mag release.

you mean engines light enough that cuban teenagers swap them by hand... so strong let me tell you

ah okay. Reasonable but I was thinking its was some weird ass winter trigger.

memes aside, mounting on mlok is dildos. its just too fiddly for me installing and removing whereas with keymod its just loosen, stick in the hole, slide up, tighten and done.

what is it?

Did you post your keymod rifle in arg a get bullied, user?
>I’ll make a special thread about it, that’ll show them

What is wrong with Mlok? I just got one of those handguards for the ruger PCC and it seems pretty spiffy.

plastic vs. metal t-nuts

I'll stick to keymod or quad rails

I only own key mod and even I know mlok is better.
It's not so much better that I care though.

Not him but any mlok rail I've bought from any will known company has always had metal t-nuts. Where are you buying your stuff at?

What fucking universe is this where people on here are unironically advocating for dickmod? Fuck right off, mlok masterrace

Attached: keymod_keep_moving.png (824x680, 1.24M)

/thread

what do you do with them? I garuhn tee Airshit gear doesnt stand up to topgear fun times

>Doesn't look like dicks - Vote for
>Doesn't look like dicks - Vote against

T. seething nu-fudd

Never got this shit. Are you the kind of person that thinks "penis" all the time? Like you see a guy cook a hot dog, you think penis? See a guy eat a banana, penis? Rabbit with a carrot, penis? Clown blow up balloon, penis? Maybe you have a problem. Maybe you gay.

Cheap angle iron shelving is slotted like mlok, the more expensive ones are keymod shaped

>Never got this shit
Where do you think you are right now?

Attached: 1558313802056.jpg (300x400, 28K)

Yeah. Well. Ok.. When you're right, you're right.

You're correct

It does have a Ruger BX trigger.

Arisaka has them

>everything past that is pure profit
Well, once you've paid for the $100,000 mold that goes in the injection molding machine.

>how does magpul ever stay in business?

Not selling outdated "Mil-Spec" AR STANAGs

>look in stores
>a single 11 slot rail is 15 dollars
>go online
>a 3, 5, 7, 11, and 13 slot rail combo pack is 20 dollars

I can almost guarantee you it will be chink subpar shit that uses metric wrenches and lacks the proper recoil lug to keep the rails from shifting forward with each shot.
Enjoy your scarred up handguard because you wanted to save a nickel.

thread

>Looks cheap compared to keymod
BIDF spotted

First for fuck keymod

Attached: IMG_1533.png (2048x1536, 1.52M)

First for M-LOK strong

Attached: IMG_1534.png (2048x1536, 1.97M)

and then, you lock that METAL t-nut on a PLASTIC rail
see the problem

>See the problem
It's pretty clear the problem is the retard that can't figure out how to use M-LOK.
Why are you not getting an M-LOK compatible mount?

I'll stay with what I know works, and that is not mlok
but hey, it's super cheap, looks tacticooool
have fun

But you're still using M-LOK

nope
keymod and pic rails

>(You)'s himself
The absolute state of Keymod shills

You're probably a retarded Trump supporter anyway. Imagine supporting someone who takes gun rights away. I'm voting democrat in 2020

>gear queer cope

Retard

Enjoy your needledick handguard

>Be keymod
>Copy someone else's design but change the slot spacing so you're not technically infringing on any copyright they might have
>Result is weak since it doesn't have enough material between the slots
>Shit breaks in military trials as a direct result of your changes. Not just any military trials: SOCOM trials
>Every wannabe "operator" from here to kingdom come will no longer touch something that lost its cool factor in the eyes of their lord

They deserve it to be honest

>"I need to hang items heavier than a motorcycle engine off of my rifle"

Attached: 1563335981429.jpg (700x1002, 127K)

Just buy accessories made to attach directly to memelok

Real men attach lead weights to their handguards

Have you tried not being retarded?

What sort of dumbass buys a plastic rail?

>Imagine supporting someone who takes gun rights away. I'm voting democrat in 2020

Attached: aestheticbait.webm (960x720, 680K)

It's fine if you just go to the range with it and then put it back in the closet when its done. Maybe take a few pics and put on FB or Insta.
That's like 99.999999% of Jow Forums. and the rest are just salesman. Hey you could even start making another PSA build with the savings.
:)

And put more keymod on it to complete the shitty gun look.

>Shits up every 3D printed gun thread
>Shits up every DIY gun thread
>Shits up this thread
>"I'm voting Democrat in 2020"

The picture is becoming clearer.

Attached: shareblue character assassination.jpg (699x1120, 130K)

Shits heavy yo

I know this is arrogant, but whenever I see someone with a keymod rail I instantly make several assumptions about them. A few of those assumptions being that they are too dumb and/or lazy to do adequate research before making a purchase, that they are too prideful to accept that they made the wrong choice by purchasing a keymod rail and replace it with an MLOK rail, and that they are too stupid to figure out how MLOK works (it really isn't hard) so they stick with an inferior mounting system. Honestly I have more respect for a poorfag with a bargain bin PSA AR with cheap plastic handguards than someone with a Daniel Defense with keymod rails. When you're spending good money on a rifle, it just makes no sense to skimp out on research to the point where you'd purchase anything keymod.

From Ruger's website, the PCC has an aluminum handguard

>Shit i would settle for handguard+mount+light.
Yeah that's super a thing, bud. Like that's literally how my light is mounted to my AR. A shitload of people make mlok mounts for popular weapon lights.
Have you tried this website called "Google"?

Attached: signal-2019-07-03-214458.jpg (4032x1960, 1.43M)

Doesn't the supposed advantage of MLOK go away when you make the hanguard out of plastic?

>Doesn't the supposed advantage of MLOK go away when you make the hanguard out of plastic?
The "supposed advantage of mlok" is that it's lighter, more streamlined, and more modular than a quadrail, and it's stronger than keymod.
Are you asking if a polymer mlok handguard is weaker than a metal one? Well yeah, no fuckin shit, Sherlock. They're also both weaker than a quadrail.
It's literally always a question of advantages and disadvantages, and frankly the only thing I have mounted to the HG is a light, so I don't worry about it. It's survived a few thousand rounds and one carbine course so far with no issues.

What about people like me who bought an AR back when keymod was the thing and can’t be bothered to upgrade because the rail holds a light well enough? Faggot

Is that Ben Shapiro

Did you even read the white paper magpul published when they originally introduced the system? M-Lok has 2 advantages over Keymod:

>It requires fewer passes through the machine to mill each section on a metal rail. This makes it less expensive to produce.
>It can be put in both plastic and metal mounts. Keymod can't be molded into plastic the same way and retain adequate strength

DOD testing also retermined that M-Lok is stronger than Keymod.

For plastic hand-guards, M-Lock also has an advantage over MOE because you don't need to remove the rail to mount things.

I can't believe they haven't banned shoulder things that go up yet. nazi.

why have a fake surefire?

Attached: 1456944574520.jpg (502x461, 135K)

keymod is shit. NSW Crane proved MLOK is superior. Get your head out of the sand.

Just get accessories that mount directly to the MLOK you goon

>give me a heavy cheese grater quad rail, and I won't even use 90% of the rail space.

It's not 2003 anymore dumbfuck.

>how does magpul ever stay in business?

They sell a shitton of mags, grips, and stocks.

/thread
I went and bought my first M LOK handguard a week after seeing that report.

I use a qd sling mount.....to mount a sling so Incan sling the rifle on my shoulder ...and also have the ability to quickly detach it

Did I really need to explain that?

At equal weigth mlok handguards are way stronger than quad rails.

They make most of their shekels from PMAGs and AR furniture.

Truer words
Worked for a business that had a plant down in Mexico once. One of the shift workers filled out a form to switch a mold out during maintenance, carted it out, and had some locals hoist it into their truck. He tried to ransom it back to the fuckers but they knew it was him.
I used to be able to walk into a room where they kept the spare and switched out molds. There were some with inconel and beryllium copper that were worth more than a decent house. Shit's crazy.