Is training for melee combat still important?

Is training for melee combat still important?

Attached: theduel.jpg (1660x805, 551K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IdyXKJ8NcNI
youtu.be/HfwPL-bd_mk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no

why is it always the same pictures simultaneously being posted on /tv/, Jow Forums, /mu/, /lit/ and probably some other boards I'm not on? This shit started lately

>nothing to do with guns

And away from this board you go. F*ck off to /toy/ or /asp/ .

This board isn't for guns you fucking brainlet, it's for weapons.

>weapons board

melee combat is a form of weapons retard.

Shitty psyops groups are very aware of where they should target their efforts

They want to consensus crack, DnC whatever, fuck with places where nonliberals congregate and organize

Thank shareblue, etc and soros for the funding for this nonsense

I'm not gonna lie, and maybe it's because I'm autistic too, but I kind of felt uncomfortable during this whole video. I mean yeah the dude himself and his friends are classic Michigan cringesquad, but man it just felt like Ian was being an ass the whole time. The whole thing felt like a calicuck encountering midwesterners for the first time and treating them like weird animals. Idk, I normally like his content and I didn't hate this one, but the whole thing was pretty off-putting and felt like a mean-spirited expose on a dude who just genuinely loves to be weird.

Attached: 681798765735.jpg (480x548, 51K)

Anyone see the idubzzz documentary on airsoftfatty? Shit was really good

agree 100%

it's just a picture of two fat autists user, not everything is a leftist psyop

It's good physical training.

t. leftist psyop operator

Search: combat sambo

Kind of
WW2 had a lot of melee and even modern combat often tries to get close to melee range, or at least that was what we were taught(they just didn't mention melee)

yes. absolutely.
battle, combat, martial arts, weapons, tactics, logistics, strategy, offensive & defensive
it is all important on varying levels, to varying degrees, to effect your ability to do battle and perform in combat, depending on your situation

>"ALL WOMEN, ARE QUEENS!"

*tips fedora

IF SHE BREATHES
SHE'S
A
THOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Attached: cffd847e6ff0726b2850e24192309809_normies-dont-get-to-use-pepe-angry-pepe-the-frog-clipart_858-725.pn (858x725, 361K)

park rey is only queen

Attached: 1564172683392.jpg (1900x959, 589K)

Who was in the right?
youtu.be/IdyXKJ8NcNI

Kek

felt the same way

Only melee combat I can think of is in culturally enriched areas that tend to have machete wielding individuals of low socioeconomic status.

>is learning how to inflict violence others in combat important
Yes. Which is why SF units train in some combination of bjj/Maui Thai/boxing. You’re not always going to be able to use your rifle, so you may as well learn what to do.

Hand to hand combat is important, knowing how to use a melee weapons if you have easy access to guns... not really.

What video are you talking about...?

youtu.be/HfwPL-bd_mk
New idubbbz

>tfw the tryhard on the right somehow manages to have even worse form than the landwhale

crossboarders that crave attention.

confirmed retard

yeah dude. he was treating them like animals kinda. Hes turning into a douche

I didn't have a problem with most of it but when he was shitting on all the aspies asking him questions it kind of felt like was was punching disabled kids.

100% this. Ian is a dick but this was a new low, which was just kind of a PT Barnum-esque, "Step right up, look at the amazing spergs!"
It really fucking bothered me, and it really bothers me that it's such a well liked and viewed video. It's practically on-screen bullying and it's really fucking low.

Yes, for the simple reason that if you don't know what to do and your opponent does, you're fucked.

No the guy was being totally kind all things considered. People like fat boy and his friends are gross animals. I grew up with/around people like that and while i understand there are people who are “eccentric” all their lives, they way they live is unacceptable. Living in cat feces, fighting with swords in your 20s, etc... these people make America worse.

For some reason I thought you were talking of Ian from Forgotten Weapons, not used to see this name used in Jow Forums for someone else.

In warfare? No. Basically only possible scenario melee combat would happen is you get jumped from behind a door or something and you have to stab a dude who is trying to wrestle your gun away, which doesn't require much technique.

In the civilian world? Yeah, there are plenty of possible scenarios where you might get in a fight but don't want to use lethal force because it isn't necessary and legal complications of shooting someone are big. Or if you're somewhere you cant CCW then it's useful.

Either way combat sports are a fun way to stay in shape.

/thread

Yea living in filth and being a fatass is bad, but if they were fit and doing HEMA I would feel differently

This, why did they have to cast an unlikable British slag for the movies?

The Sith, as always

If you live in a 3rd world shithole where you cant own a gun like the uk i guess it is.

I get what you are saying but it’s a person with normal intelligence videoing the lives of people who seem to have mild to moderate intellectual disabilities. It’s hard to not say “what the fuck” at a few of their issues.

Attached: 1F2680A5-C03A-4B09-8BC2-9067F681AA8A.jpg (633x541, 25K)

confirmed brainlet

Attached: 19239159192.png (800x500, 448K)

Tourists equate (You)s with upvotes. Spamming the same thread everywhere is a popular tactic to get more of them.

May-lay or me- lee

Me-lay

Jesus, i didn't know that blood can be siphoned to my genitals at mach speeds

Attached: 1564312818645.gif (342x512, 312K)

>how do memes work

True patricians of the martial arts call it "May-Lay"

kek

If you aren’t having premarital sex or partying, you might as well prepare yourself for the barbarians at the gates.

for normal people, no. it can be good for you as excercise I guess.
>same pictures
the video this came from popped up within the last 24 hours where the fuck have you been seeing this picture?

now speaking of the source of this image, i'd like to say...
I grew up living in squalor similar to that in various parts of my life and knew a lot of people who lived like that. I appreciate the editors n shit not being that unreasonable when they first saw it, but acknowledging how bad it is.

When you live like that, you have no idea how bad it is until you step away from it for awhile. One of my friends back home has a floor with the carpet pulled up because their dog kept pissing all over it and now it's just a shitty floor falling through with piss stains all over it.
and they have no intention of fixing it, but they say they'll get it fixed "sometime next week" every week.

>nonliberals
Then they should stick to shitholes like Jow Forums where people agree with the leftist rhetoric on what constitutes "liberal".

In what context? The answer yes for both civilians and military but for different reasons. For the military the goal is not to train them to actually try and engage anyone in hand to hand combat distances but to give them the confidence to engage the enemy at any distance. For civilians training to defend yourself in a fist fight can be as important as a gunfight. There may come a situation where you have to be able to get yourself out of getting your ass kicked before you're able to safely draw and retain control of your weapon. Moreover, martial arts will keep you fit to fight which is good for any context.

He was direct about things that he needed to be direct with. At points fat boy was lieing and his house is literally full of shit and falling apart due to disrepair. They're not properly caring for their pets and that one kid legit had violent tendencies and mental issues that make him a danger to others. He never shit on him for being big into star wars, Ian seemed to find it kind of endearing. But the dude obviously has issues that needed to be addressed.

Everyone bitching about the video in this thread probably unironically needs to clean their room.

link to vid?

youtu.be/HfwPL-bd_mk

Can’t hurt!
And it’s probably healthier than being a keyboard warrior all the time!

Elaborating is probably too hard for (you)...

I actually, desperately need to clean my bedroom and I agree with you 100%. I actually need to clean my entire fucking house but watching that video got me started that way. The "sun room" was what really did it for me.

Knife combat and wrestling? Sure. Except you don't want to be the one fighting someone else with a knife, you want to be the one doing the knifing. Medieval books have mentioned how basically no one escapes without cuts in an actual duel with knives. Real life isn't movies, you'll probably fucking die.

>Medieval books have mentioned how basically no one escapes without cuts in an actual duel with knives.

Most rondels didn't have an edge you tard.

>it’s a person with normal intelligence videoing the lives of people who seem to have mild to moderate intellectual disabilities
Yeah I think that's what made me so uncomfortable. I like laughing at people acting like retards, not actual retards. The latter just makes me feel cheap.

Based, seek control over all levels of violence so you always can have the right response. Also exercise is good 4 u.

> to get more of them.
someone please explain to me what you are supposed to do with them? I have over thousand bookmarked so far and no one will tell me.

If they were fit and doing HEMA they probably wouldn't be living in a disgusting house that is rotting at twice it's natural rate from all the fucking ammonia.
Jesus Christ I'm a goddamn slob and couldn't go five seconds without cringing.

>he doesn't know how to redeem his (You)s
Newfag spotted, leave and never return

>has a floor with the carpet pulled up because their dog kept pissing all over it and now it's just a shitty floor falling through with piss stains all over it.
I had to clean out an apartment like this. I felt a deep sense of resentment toward the guy.

people at that level just get completely disconnected and don't even realize the problem until you directly point it out, in which case they are going to fix it in the near future.
every time.

it's not uncommon at all but people are very unaware of it.

At least one person in this confrontation wished they had trained in and prepared for melee combat

Attached: 1564609083091.jpg (675x1200, 260K)

>One of my friends back home has a floor with the carpet pulled up because their dog kept pissing all over it and now it's just a shitty floor falling through with piss stains all over it.

I had a friend whose sister did exactly the same thing after her stupid little chihuahuas and cats and everything else ruined the carpet in their house with a constant barrage of piss and shit. Of course they never replaced it with anything so the animals just proceeded to ruin the subfloor in short order.

>When you live like that, you have no idea how bad it is until you step away from it for awhile.

I disagree. It's impossible to be that oblivious to the shittyness of your surroundings. They know exactly how they're living. They just don't care. It's all about the path of least resistance with these people.

/thread

There is some form of dedicated post copier on Jow Forums.

I personally believe it to be some sort of computer program run by someone or a psuedo-AI that harvests (you)s and observes the threads.

I've been on Jow Forums long enough that I've literally seen my OWN threads copied, sometimes with the exact image. This is among seeing other threads posted over and over dozens of times. The suspicious ones have no more replies from OP after the first post, as sometimes normal people just copy previous threads because they are lazy.

I'm not really trying to make this seem like some sort of conspiracy or political-motivated action. I just really believe that there are pseudo-AI programs all over various social media websites that have enough proper programing and pattern recognition that they can seem essentially like real people and that armies of these can be used to sway the opinions and beliefs of those on said websites.

Attached: 1562951741043.jpg (1000x1412, 160K)

This, he felt like a giant bully. I thought the fat kid seemed like a genuinely good hearted person, if autist-lite and cringy. Rural poverty is sad, and I feel like it makes people into the worst possible versions of themselves.

based schizo poster

i grew up and my family, while not at airsoftfatty (fat kid in op's pic) levels of disgust, it was still really bad.
it didn't dawn on me until i had friends over and they would be absolutely disgusted.
then i was too embarrassed to bring friends over and would only bring friends over who lived in similar conditions because they wouldn't bring it up...
not until i left my home and revisited it years later did i realize just how terrible everything about it was.
had a buncha cats and dogs that shit and piss everywhere.
when i left they let rain damage get so bad from a hole in the roof that it became a hole in the ceiling.
all the boards on the porch were warped and many to such a degree that they had yanked the screws out of the base boards.

it's a lifestyle of zero maintenance except on your cars to keep them running.

Attached: 1549229956727.png (603x599, 313K)

Learning grappling and guard breaks is always important. If some drunk goes from smiles and gestures to grabbing and holding you best know how to break free and draw. Look at the Zimmerman case and see how lucky he got. Guy was on his back having his head bashed on the ground and by the luck of god he was able to draw and shoot. As the old saying goes 90% of fights end on the ground. You don't need to learn how to fight people; just how to break free and get away from people.

Attached: 1548201148042.gif (286x225, 1.73M)

I didn't think it was mean spirited at all. Ian knows how to be mean. If he wanted to shit on that kid's life he easily could have. But he was very fair. He asked pointed questions and didn't sugar coat anything, but he didn't ridicule or mock them for anything either. It was just a look into a world most people don't think about. And one that is pretty much impossible to depict as fun or desirable.