WWII Japan

Japanese during WWII were so crazy. I hope they still retain some of their spirit during that time, it would be very useful if they ever go to war with China again.

Attached: 1564691832960.jpg (720x865, 208K)

>The Yokosuka MXY-7 Ohka was a purpose-built, rocket-powered human-guided kamikaze attack aircraft employed by Japan against Allied ships towards the end of World War II.

Attached: Japanese_Ohka_rocket_plane.jpg (793x363, 36K)

>Fukuryu were a part of the Japanese Special Attack Units prepared to resist the invasion of the Home islands by Allied forces. The name literally means "crouching dragon," and has also been called "suicide divers" or "kamikaze frogmen" in English texts.

>Men were to be armed with a Type-5 attack mine containing 15 kg (33 lb) of explosive, fitted to a 5 m (16 ft) bamboo pole. While concealed underwater, men, expecting to be killed by the resulting explosion, would use the pole to push the contact-fuzed explosive against the hull of a landing craft passing overhead.

Attached: Fukuryu.png (600x900, 94K)

>The Shinyo were Japanese suicide boats developed during World War II. They were part of the wider Special Attack Units program. These fast motorboats were driven by one man, to speeds of around 30 kn (56 km/h; 35 mph). They were typically equipped with two depth charges as explosives.

Attached: ShinyoBoat.jpg (600x504, 93K)

>The Kaiten was a torpedo modified as a suicide weapon, and used by the Imperial Japanese Navy in the final stages of World War II.

>Early designs allowed for the pilot to escape after the final acceleration towards the target, although whether this could have been done successfully is doubtful. There is no record of any pilot attempting to escape or intending to do so, and this provision was dropped from later production kaitens.

Attached: KaitenMission.jpg (868x589, 180K)

>The Kairyu was a class of Suicide midget submarines of the Imperial Japanese Navy, designed in 1943-1944, and produced from the beginning of 1945. These submarines were designed to meet the invading American Naval forces upon their anticipated approach of Tokyo.

>These submarines had a two-man crew and were fitted with an internal warhead for suicide missions. Over 760 of these submarines were planned, and by August 1945, 200 had been manufactured, most of them at the Yokosuka shipyard.

Attached: KairyuuSuicideboat.jpg (740x504, 120K)

japanese fail to consider that its better to live for your country than to die for it

Superior Nippon engineering crush filthy big-nose gaijin!

Attached: Japanese national rifle.jpg (500x382, 36K)

>Japanese "men"...

Attached: Screenshot_20190803_190528.jpg (1080x1568, 422K)

Was it actually a suicide mine? Did the formation of the EFP and general physics of the explosion guarantee or nearly so the death of the operator?

Yes it's a suicide mine.
7lbs of TNT exploding 3-4ft away from you is pretty much guaranteed to kill you, that shit is like 10 handgrenades.

mythbusters had an ep where they detonante a stick of dynamite about 10 feet away from a pressure sensor, and it measured a deadly overpressure

the HEAT mine seems to be a bit more than 1 stick of dynamite

A stick of dynamite is usually around 10oz.
This mine has 7lbs of HE in it.

It will kill the fuck out of you.

Thanks, I was wondering if there were any stories of a soldier who managed to detonate one of these and ended up as a POW because he survived the explosion.

Reading about Kamikaze attacks always makes me sad, because I can't even begin to imagine the amount of strong, willful men Japan lost in that war. All the men who were brave enough to die, died. And those who were left were the ones that inherited the country. Much like Europe in WWI.

Thank god we killed those men so China could implement communism and takeover most of asia

Sounds good to me

Goddamn they really love killing themselves, like on a deep cultural level.

Did he died?

>deserted for 29 years
>pretends he was fighting this whole time
Gimme a break

The Chinese imperials had almost eradicated Mao’s communist forces until the Japanese invaded and distracted them. The commies stayed back and let that play out and took over the country after Japan was defeated.

>live on an overpopulated island
>develop and implement kamikaze tactics to help cull the excess amount of men
>not only are these men kicking ass but they're relieved from duty upon Allah snackbaring some poor drafted fucker that just wants to go home
If anything they felt relief from not having to fight anymore

Based. That seems like the greatest back yard gunsmith muzzleloader I’ve seen in terms of aesthetics and functionality.

It is sad, but that's how indoctrinated they were. Being raised in the glorified idea of Bushido. Believing that their emperor demanded it of them and an afterlife would await them.
With the men willing to cast their lives as weapons, few in the various imperial military's high commands did anything to dissuade it. The only one which specifically comes to mind is Gen. Kuribayashi on Iwo Jima where he forbid his men from using banzai charges.
The IJN adopted suicide tactics and it was ideally for volunteers, but various accounts show that "volunteer" became a loose term. The one thing I can say positively (I guess) is that at least in the end of it all, many of the commanders followed their men in either final attacks or ritualistic suicide. So I can't accuse them of sending others to die while remaining safe themselves.
Though there was also the truly insane commanders that tried to arrest the Emperor so they could carry on the war.

Finally, a little fact: German U-boat crews still had the highest casualty rate of the war at 75% killed. Many Kamikaze pilots survived the war because they were signed up for the Special Attack Corps. but they never flew their mission (or had returned after failing to find a suitable target). Many were being held in reserve for when the mainland invasion came.

Attached: 1519314992108.jpg (600x478, 57K)

Wow, they look like pipe gun in Fallout 4.

Attached: Fallout4_pipe_pistol.png (1651x862, 538K)

>Social Darwinism

Attached: 1564787763304.png (640x480, 298K)

The Japanese thought the Americans would enslave them like the anglos did to the rest of (south) east asia.

Imagine if these had been succesfully mass deployed against allied carrier groups

>brave
funny way too spell dumb and brainwashed

they were not crazy they were desperate. I think if you are going to die or get mamed might as well die and if it means 15 other men can go home

Pretty sure we didn't kill Chiang Kai-Shek...

they were not brave man they had no choice it's like the suicide bombers the islamic people have

>tfw no honorable and loyal japanese wife to create supreme gentleman babies with

That bushido samurai larper bullshit is what got them nuked twice.

theyd probably just murder koreans and say they thought they where chinese if war broke out

Lol

You'd better hope it kills you

Kawaii as fuck senpai

>On 15 August 1945, Emperor Hirohito made a radio announcement conceding defeat and calling for the military to lay down their arms. After listening to the announcement announcing Japan's defeat, Ugaki made a last entry in his diary noting that he had not yet received an official cease-fire order, and that as he alone was to blame for the failure of his valiant aviators to stop the enemy, he would fly one last mission himself to show the true spirit of bushido. His subordinates protested, and even after Ugaki had climbed into the backseat of a Yokosuka D4Y, Warrant Officer Akiyoshi Endo—whose place in the kamikaze roster Ugaki had usurped—climbed into the same space that the admiral had already occupied. Thus, the aircraft containing Ugaki took off with three men, as opposed to two each in the remaining ten aircraft. Prior to boarding his aircraft, Ugaki posed for pictures and removed his rank insignia from his dark green uniform, taking only a ceremonial short sword given to him by Admiral Yamamoto.[4]
>Endo served as radioman during the mission, sending Ugakis final messages, and a final message at 19:24, reported that the plane had begun its dive onto an American vessel. However, U.S. Navy records do not indicate any successful kamikaze attack on that day, and it is likely that all aircraft on the mission (with the exception of three that returned due to engine problems) crashed into the ocean, struck down by American anti-aircraft fire.
>The next morning, the crew of American landing craft LST-926 found the still smoldering remains of a cockpit with three bodies on the beach of Iheyajima Island. The third man, his head crushed and right arm missing, wore a dark green uniform and a short sword was found nearby. The sailors buried the bodies in the sand.[citation needed]

Attached: Ugaki_Matome_final_mission.jpg (1414x990, 182K)