Friendly fire will not be tolerated!

>friendly fire will not be tolerated!

Attached: 1564835858298.jpg (1280x720, 148K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/j0uCrA7ePno?t=65
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah

you need to leave

> Officials described the dog as a Labrador Retriever mix
Pretty big damn difference between that and the initial witness testimony that it was a pit bull.

Any law dudes know what the legal defense will be for shooting and killing someone behind your target for police? I feared for my life may not apply to shooting someone who you weren't even aiming at.

Also, of all the NYPD bystanders hit by bullets, how ma have died? Might be worth looking into to see how this will go.

Story?

>Story?
he doesn't know

Attached: putin hilarious-protest.jpg (650x589, 280K)

one of the first rules of shooting
KNOW YOUR TARGET AND WHATS BEHIND IT

Attached: 1437771428536.jpg (1120x840, 183K)

Based yeah poster

Get used to dissapointment. Unless the 5th circuit court feels like challenging the 11th, case law clearly absolves the officer of any wrong doing. He'll be back at work in 2 weeks, and the family will likely get $0 in compensation for funeral costs, etc.

In Corbitt v Vickers, the 11th ruled that when Deupty Vickers shot at a non-agressive pit bull and hit a 10 year old boy, they could find no prior precedent establishing that behavior as unconstitutional. And since they viewed it as any reasonable officer will shoot at any non agressive dog, Vickers was entitled to qualified immunity.

Also, Brower v County established that if an officer must knowingly attempt to violate a citizen's 4th amendment rights by shooting them. Since this was accidental, that's more precedence clearing the officer.

Case law over the last 4 decades (War on Drugs, 60-90 crime wave) has been overwheingly in favor of granting police complete protection is accidental shooting cases. The victim's family's best option is to seek damages from the city, not the offending officer.

Google "Arlington police shooting dog"

They aren't expected to be competent, so "Scary!" will cover their asses well enough regardless of their accuracy or lack thereof.

Why are the Police allowed to get away with this sort of stuff?

Because nobody has the balls to take them to task for it. The courts refuse to and the citizenry is too intimidated. Internal Affairs is a fucking joke.

We need another Dorner. Only one who isn't a dipshit mad about muh racism this time.

Long complicated story, but the TL;DR is that the SCOTUS and Law-and-Order conservatives have worked their damndest to undue any and all protections the Warren Court gave citizens back in the 60s because hippies destroyed America and we needed unfettered lawmen cracking heads to get it back.

I should add, in fairness, that some notable progressives have aided in this expansion of police immunity. Clinton's 1994 crime bill comes to mind, the same one that included the AWB. So it isn't only the law-and-order right that's responsible.

this is partly correct. But it's also because police must have the authority and discretion to make these kinds of decisions when it isn't a dog and a coal-burning white woman passed out in the grass.

If police were held to an even higher standard for use of lethal force, I guarantee you they would not use it. Ever. And police ranks would be even more impossible to fill than they are now because no officer wants to have to make the choice between not shooting and losing their life or shooting and losing their career and possibly facing jail time.

>absolves the officer of any wrong doing
bullshit. concealed carriers are responsible for every bullet that leaves their firearms so should cops.

Only an unproductive member of society was killed. Nobody important.

Good. We don't need police. We need armed citizens.

we've got to bring these superpredators to heel, user

youtu.be/j0uCrA7ePno?t=65

Heat me out. What if we kept police salaries comenserate with other professional salaries in order to get better applicants? I don't know how it looks in your metro area, but my department here is going to shit. The last two batches of hires are so bad a family member just decided to retire early.

Not to mention another local PD with much higher standards is paying just shy of six figures when you put in OT, and their sucking away all the competant guys as soon as they complete their FTI.

okay antifa retard. I agree police CAN be corrupt, typically in cities with poor oversight that allow that sort of thing, but citizens are supposed to keep them in line. If you're being stopped and searched for stupid bullshit and you haven't actually done anything, complain to the city. You literally pay their salary. Organize citizens to do the same. Generate political pressure.

Absolutely. Its protection of the state from outside forces. The fact of the matter is both sides dont want to lose their work, and so will actively work to make it as legally disruptive to dispute them or those who serve to keep their laws.

So long as you cant dispute them, they can continue to enact laws to collect more tax revenue from you without actually paying it back in real, productive measures. The roads are broken, thenschools failing, but the state still wants its pound of flesh, and the poor will always look for charity. You, the working class. You are the one they get to spit roast from both ends.

> should
Agreed. Take it up with your legislators. The law as it stands completely shields this officer of any criminal or civil charges.

And the officer had no way of knowing that when he diacharged his weapon into the woman. Could as easily have been another Justine Damond for all this officer knew.

>What if we kept police salaries comenserate with other professional salaries in order to get better applicants?
Police in many places are already very well paid. Metro areas after a few years experience can get into six figures. Typically it's the depressed small towns that can't afford to keep police on staff or pay them decently. My town pays like $25k.

I think policing attracts and demands a very specific type of person. Someone fit, motivated, courageous, and with street smarts. There are some bullies and some thugs that do get in because they look alright on paper and check all the boxes at academy. And in some cases like the Baltimore drug planting evidence crew from a couple years ago, cities just hire anybody. New Orleans is another PD like that, desperate for people, but they have a better handle on corruption than Elijah Cummings' shithole city. Honolulu PD is extremely corrupt but nobody can do anything because they're the only force in town.

I don't think a pay increase would work. You need better leadership. Police are killing themselves at a truly ridiculous rate, and it's because of bad leadership. Toxic leaders who demand unreasonable hours and don't give a single shit about the mental health of their officers and think they need to be hardasses because muh paramilitary or whatever. I fucking hate that shit.

That toxic attitude fuels the retards in the force, but it burns out anyone with half a brain or self-respect.

>a smaller police force with competent officers who are held responsible for their actions
Truly frightening

>You need better leadership.
Agreed. New leadership should definately be at the top of rhe short term to-do list.

But even if you turn that around, how are you fixing the minimum standards problem endemic to civic service workers? Business can chunk out bonuses to the guys putting in the effort. What incentives are there for some guy working patrol? "Hey bro, turn up those drug busts, kiss the right ass, and you too can be a crusty old day shift detective in 2 decades" doesn't look terribly motivating from here.

Sure that works until you ask them to patrol south Chicago and they all die from gunshot wounds.

We need to start doing what the IRA did, for everyone of ours they take we take one back.

Nobody is suggesting officers not be allowed to protect themselves. Simply that theyre held responsible for their criminal behavior, including negligence

>how are you fixing the minimum standards problem endemic to civic service workers?
Yearly fitness report system would be too much like interviewing for your job, and generates corruption while not achieving its goal.

Civilian oversight is the most important imo. Saaaay... a civilian billet who works for the city not the PD and who reports to the mayor. Their job is to oversee the health of the police force and enforce good leadership practices. Make an anonymous corruption reporting system available to officers.

>Nobody is suggesting officers not be allowed to protect themselves. Simply that theyre held responsible for their criminal behavior, including negligence
Then you don't understand what you're suggesting. Read my posts again, especially the bit about having to choose between firing a shot and risking legal consequences. It shouldn't need to be said this decision is made in half a second while Tyrone is drawing his YC9 on you.

(was it a YC9? or was it his cell phone, or a toy gun, or his wallet?)

So a druggie, homeless, thot with an aggressive dog died?

Why is this thread glowing so hard?

Attached: 1548453831921.jpg (316x303, 28K)

I’m ok with that

>you cant legally protect officers from being prosecuted or sued in justified shootings without allowing them to get away with killing people in almost any situation
>like dude, if police officers dont know they can get away with accidentally shooting bystanders while aiming for non-aggressive Labrador retrievers theyll never use their guns and nobody will want to be a cop
Stop sucking dick long enough to accept that neither of these things are true

But they are true. Police are already not obligated to help you if you're in distress. Why should any of them risk their life for you by pulling a gun if pulling a gun automatically puts their career on the line as well?

Like I said. It's asking too much. Civilian retards like you or antifa or the progressive libshits in chicago and baltimore have all the time in the world to decide that an officer acted inappropriately, well after the fact, and they still shit out opinions based on feelings not reason. An officer has to decide now, in an instant, before he has almost any facts. Giving emotional civilian retards authority over officers careers will result in officers taking longer to do their job if they do it at all. That means more hires for equal closed call volume, not engaging as swiftly (if at all), and potentially dead civilians as a result.

>Any law dudes know what the legal defense will be for shooting and killing someone behind your target for police?
Collateral damage

wtf happened i dont see noffin or links anywhere

Citizens should be able to shoot cops based on the same criteria for cops shooting dogs.

Based and redpilled.

>actually arguing that police MUST be allowed to kill almost anyone in almost any situation without legal consequences to be willing or capable of doing their jobs
Top bootlicker. Its almost as if hundreds of thousands of defensive firearm uses happen every year by regular citizens who can be held criminally and monetarily liable for their actions but they still manage to do so without harming bystanders or acting negligent.

We need a hundred thousand Dorners. Get old, get cancer, put your affairs in order, kill cops.

>antifa retard
This is the right libertarian view as well. Society could benefit from a properly trained and constrained police force, but the cops we have are literally worse than none at all, and we should defund them and shut them down.

>Women was laying in grass taking a nap
>Ppl call police cause they're worried
>Police show up
>Not so scary dog chases them
>Cops shoot at dog
>Miss
>Hits the women on the ground instead
>She dies

How come I can't see comments on Liveleak anymore?

>Society could benefit from a properly trained and constrained police force, but...
As a citizen, you aren't doing your job.

Faggot.

Was it a pit?

I think I am. I vote on election day, and it's not quite time to start voting with a rifle yet.

Dafuq

>But they are true. Police are already not obligated to help you if you're in distress. Why should any of them risk their life for you by pulling a gun if pulling a gun automatically puts their career on the line as well?
1. Because police are not fucking reptiles.
2. Their jobs are already at stack every time they shoot. And the most egregious ones are being convicted, Jow Forums heresay to the contrary. It's happening enough that it's becomming a moral problem, but so be it. It's overdue after the way shit tracked back in the 90s and 00s.

Fuck it, dude. Ignore all that. Graham v Connor's Objective Reasonableness standard became the most delayed suicide pill in history the day bodycams hit the street. That is your new objective reasonableness standard for the majority of police involved shootings. Showing a video to 12 'civilian retards', your words not mine, who didn't see the 100 other calls for service before that.

Don't like it? Blame it on the fuckups before you who towed the line when they knew an officer was incompetant, and while they ask you how you can stand to work for your sonavabitch chief as they collect their pension and sip on that 12 year scotch.

Stay out of my chicken coup and eat mice and we can be fren Mr. Gray Fox.

Lab mix. Granted, hard to tell when the fucker sprints head first at you.

>It's overdue after the way shit tracked back in the 90s and 00s.
Are you high? Police have been totally out of control since the early 80s.

Doesn't that usually mean pit though? Like they call them something else sometimes for some reason. Couldn't imagine a lab charging you aggressively outdoors anyway.

>Couldn't imagine a lab charging you aggressively outdoors anyway.
It probably didn't.

>police
n*****s
Ftfy

>homeless woman passed out in back of (not her) private property
>homeless woman has unrestrained dog
>surprise, dog rushes at cop
>cop shoots dog
>dog dindu nuffin
>hits passed out homeless person
Ftfy
No

>30-year-old Margarita Brooks
She looks like she's 50.

>If police were held to an even higher standard for use of lethal force, I guarantee you they would not use it. Ever.

This is incorrect and retarded. A VERY large amount of the excessive force being used in the US police force is due to hot headed morons on the force that know they can literally get away with murder.

White people in suburbs have more to fear from cops than from the black people on the other side of town.

>Doesn't that usually mean pit though?
Arlington PD clarified when someone asked if it was a pitbull, so make of that what you will.

>I vote on election day
That is the absolute bare minimum you could possibly do. If you want better police, make it happen. Organize your neighbors. Demand it. Threaten to vote out the sheriff/mayor/whichever dipshit is letting your police get away with whatever it is you don't like. You stood up and declared your libertarian principles. Now act on them.

Do you mean moral, or morale?

Bodycams are helpful, but they also fuel the fire for bleating retards who assume every officer is out to kill someone with their skin color. Even when the evidence doesn't show what they think it shows, they think a homicide is automatically not justifiable because it is on video. And I know about the convictions, I'm not a reactionary. The Botham shooting, the 10yo kid with the plastic gun, one officer in Baltimore who broke wossname's back probably while loading him in the van and pressing down on his head to cuff him, probably some other I can't think of.

I don't like any of it, but would rather citizens took responsibility for holding up their end of the bargain: a PD is not something that is thrust upon a city. They are hired by the people, and the people need to care more and get off the couch to to help fix what can be fixed. They also need to raise their damn kids to not be criminals.

and by that you really mean meth head trash

>implying cops even police black neighborhoods in urban cities anymore

Attached: 1558053044571s.jpg (125x110, 2K)

>Be American
>Walk outside, sit down on grass
>Get shot

Soap box - I'm on it right now.
Ballot box - I use it every time without fail.
Jury box - Blocked by corrupt prosecutors.
Ammo box - Soon.

I'm not the guy you're arguing with but self defense for civilians and self defense for law enforcement is apples to oranges. I don't know where you're from but where I live, the police regularly interact and take care of the riffraff. You strike me as the type of person that thinks Mike Brown and Alton Sterling were innocent good bois that didn't deserve to be shot by the racist nigger hating cops. I want law enforcement to have a free hand to take out the trash. I don't ever have any issues with the police and most of the "fuk da police" types such as yourselves have some sort of bone to pick because of some unfortunate run-ins you've had with them. Are you a gun owner by any chance?

Bitch we put a sign down.

Bruh, between their on paper salaries, health insurance, vacation, all the perks they get just for being a cop and gov pension cops are very very well compensated. The motard tacticool faggots in my rural as fuck sheriff dept make north of $80k as their base plus benefits. State cops are almost six figures starting.

>I want law enforcement to have a free hand to take out the trash.
Then you're a bootlicker who doesn't understand the principles your country was founded on.

>rural as fuck sheriff dept make north of $80k
What state? That's damn good money down south. Not so much for the coastal regions.

If you can't subdue a dog by just being a man then you shouldn't be able to carry a gun.

based. some pounded out roastie had to die because the low-T limpdick who chose police work was afraid of a dog.

Because they have a much more stressful job than you, while also being human. So they get some leeway.
And while that's normally fine, a lot of stupid shit has been getting covered under it. Instead of being "this cop shot a robber that was surrendering, but he make the rash decision to shoot instead after being shot at" it's covering "he shot this autistic dude that's just laying in the street".
But if they admit that shooting nig mcsmoothbrain was wrong, then it opens doors for laqueesha to sue the lapd after they shoot her niglet that was gang banging and got killed during a stand off with the police as he attempted to rob an orphanage for transgendered deaf kids that are also missing at least 2 limbs.
Especially now when pointing out facts makes you a racist, they can't give an inch.

>cops shouldnt be allowed to kill people through gross negligence
>you must be one of those nigger loving, cop hating, nogun, criminal liberals who hates cops
Youre wrong on every count bootlicker. Cops should be allowed to protect themselves and others through lethal force if necessary, the same as anyone else. They should not be allowed to get away with literal murder because "n-niggers are scary"

Can a get a quick description of what happened in your pic?

>Because they have a much more stressful job than you, while also being human. So they get some leeway.
Wrong and stupid.

You read the rest of my post, or did you stop reading as soon as you a line of words you could be upset about?

Is this a fucking shot up carriage? Did someone murder the Amish or what?

but that's literally what fearing for your life is. that's the standard.

This

stay mad, noguns yuropoor

If I were to guess. A box of ammo probably ignited

Apparently it's a shot up M113 hull presumably on a firing range

Attached: Screenshot_20190803-123414_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg (1080x2220, 1.29M)

nah, looks like an old APC being used as a backstop. target on the floor and all the marks on the wall are from tumbled bullets.

Fear isn't enough. It has to be the reasonable fear as perceived by a normal healthy person, not the unreasonable fear of a twitchy cowardly cuck.

>officer asks woman to secure the dog
>lawful and legal order
>woman fails to comply
justified end of story

*cough* fear biter *cough*

>I want law enforcement to have a free hand to take out the trash.

Youre gonna feel real stupid if the day comes when your guns are banned and overnight you become the "trash"
But whatever. If you enjoy bootlicking then by all means carry on.

>Brooks was shot in the "upper torso," Johnson said. The dog suffered a flesh wound and has been quarantined, the chief said.

Attached: 86F74623-8E62-4B48-8511-4450CD31A347.jpg (600x539, 35K)

I guess Washington is coastal but I'm on the Idaho border where the wealth from the Puget sound doesn't reach. I understand rural south depts don't make that, but it's not uncommon for the rest of the country. It's a meme that public sector employees are paid like shit. Except fire fighters, but that's because most here are volunteer depts with a small full time staff.

How's that boot taste

Attached: Texas police officer.jpg (1004x302, 119K)

Practi e target for 50 cal or bigger at firing range. What you see is the spall or fragments hitting the inside wall facing away from the gunner.

Totally. Just like when SWAT does a no knock on the wrong house and the owner defends himself.. oh wait, oh never mind.

>Police are already not obligated to help you if you're in distress.

Protect and serve, lieutenant. Protect and serve.

No knocks should not be legal. That case is a perfect example of why. It's literally a swatting without the xbox.

Just words on a car. Optics.

>shooting at dog
>hit woman in the upper torso

Attached: 1513781581599.jpg (413x395, 38K)