/meg/ Military Enlistment General

Violence Has Escalated Edition

LYING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
LYING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = BAD

>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga (embed)

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke???
No.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png (embed)
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

Info on sf86
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf86.pdf

Someone needs to update the discord link and I'm not doing it.

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
strawpoll.me/4671253 (embed)

Attached: the violence has escalated.png (1190x1194, 1.33M)

Asked this last thread but I'll go ahead and ask in this one as well.
I want to join the National Guard (Florida), is there anything I need to keep in mind while/before I go through with it? Is the training any different than the regular army?

>NG
No difference. Now, mind your AIT. If your fuck up, your state will send you home.

basic and AIT (job training) will be exactly the same as big army.
after that you're with your unit, but any formal army training you receive would require you're active for the duration of the training and it'd be same as big army.

you don't really need to keep anything mind, it's not difficult stuff. pass the pt test and make weight

If the army doesnt take me, do I stand a better chance at getting in the marines or the Air force

Attached: 1508987246928.jpg (960x960, 37K)

why wouldnt the army take you?

im just playing devils advocate, Im going to MEPs in a few days and Im nervous. If I dont get cleared for the Army do I stand a chance with any of the other branches, or am I dead in the water?

Stupid question, but, what part of the air force do i join in order to do as much parachuting as possible?
See on the Ps4 the air force has this shill VR game where they do a simulation of H.A.L.O training, and it completely got me. Now i want to join the air force just for the parachuting.

They say that you aught to sort out all your issues before you join any branch of the military, i've got this problem where i'm being raided by 8 chan folk, they're talking to little girls while pretending to be me, from what i've heard. I don't want to get involved in it, you think i can just ignore that and join? I just want to parachute, i don't have the motivation to give attention to anything else, i had this other problem where i wanted to get revenge on a guy for stealing my gf, but lately i can't bring myself to care, i just want to jump and float around. Have any of you done the aforementioned training and if so, have you got any tips?

Attached: Qp1cycTLaPjUZ7TLdfEmTRiMPzfYpoG0-xrTC6NChG8.jpg (1200x801, 160K)

Just join the Army. Air Force go to fort benning for airborne training and other branches. You'll be in a airborne unit 82nd 173rd etc... If in Army

do I still have a shot at OCS at age 30 years and 8 months? I would have to go back to college and get a degree but I have at least 60 credit hours, probably more like 70-80. Lets say I beasted out a bachelors in quick time with a 4.0 (for this stint) would my previous shit gpa from when I was younger bar me from OCS?

it varies but generally the army is the most accepting. it's very situational, however.

>recruiting propaganda games exist
>"completely got me"
holy shit i thought they were wasting money on that stuff.

> i've got this problem where i'm being raided by 8 chan folk
i dont see how this would impact your enlistment but dont feed trolls and it'll stop.

> I just want to parachute
not sure who does that regularly in air force except obviously PJs. im sure others do it as well but i dont know much about air force world. "army airborne" is a well established thing and everyone goes through them to get their jump wings as far as i know.
not sure what jobs let you keep doing it after you get your quals in, but army is probably the easier way to go, jussayin.

i think by the time you got your degree you'd be too old for most branches. look up the age requirements. no clue on GPA, i'd imagine they'd take both into account and/or compound it. surely a 4.0 would bring you up to a reasonable GPA, however.
waivers exist but don't bank on them.

In order to qualify for Officer Candidate School as a civilian, you must be:

A U.S. citizen
A college graduate with at least a four-year degree
Between 19 and 32 years old (you must enter active duty or ship to training by your 33rd birthday and accept commission prior to age 34)
Eligible for a secret security clearance

it varies by branch and job so idk why you'd post that for me as if i know what you're trying to do and in what branch.
if you've already done the research then idk what to tell you. if you make it to OCS and literally just don't quit then yeah, you'll commission. it'll suck and be bullshit but surely that's a given

I hate officers.

I thought army was assumed because I didn't type my post in crayon or attach an image of a twink sailor boy. My post is regarding being able to secure a spot for OCS not making it through the program. I just watched the video above the information I copied/pasted and a guy in the video says 30 years old is the limit. I guess the age requirements are in flux.

i only assume everyone here is a guy
what you posted should apply generally for army since it's on their website, but even the official sites can be out of date on a surprising amount of info. always best to get details from a recruiter.
i think the only real concern, aside from maybe age, would be your grades. army is generally pretty accepting for people when they qualify, however every branch handles its officer their own way and it's possible they just run you through a board and say "nah".
so be able to score high on the pft and hit all the other checkboxes best you can to be competitive. that's the generic advice for all aspiring officers though. once you get accepted i think you'd be fine. OCS attrition isn't high or anything.

What branch is best if I want to pursue a career in IT?

i'll be 31 before the next semester is available to enroll. and that's assuming I can get pale grant money to pay for college. prolly waited too long. fuck it

air force or navy.
though at the end of the day you wanna be sure to get your certs if you want to just get out and do IT. not sure who offers more certs or access to them, though.
well hopefully you can work it all out. you can always try and push for a waiver. officer waivers are foreign turf to me though so idk.
good luck tho and don't feel too bad if it doesn't work out.

Attached: 1537749449539.gif (128x118, 70K)

oh and army ain't bad for IT, i just personally think USAF and navy are better but i mean...usaf doesn't let you pick your job like the other 2 do and army is objectively best as far as picking your specific job.
if you could do an IT gig and nab a clearance you'd be doing yourself a favor. idr which mos is the TS + IT one for army.
though the whole "cyber" realm may interest you as well but it doesn't directly translate to IT work such as sysadmin or network admin. though nothing would stop you from getting those certs still, your job would not be those things.

bros, am trying to decide between the army or the navy of my country (Philippines), eyes too shitty for air force

we have a bunch of commie insurgencies in our backyard + terrorists roaming in the jungles, so that's what I'll be getting into if I join the army/marines

not actually sure what our navy people do aside from getting dabbed on by the chinks but I think it'll mostly be patrolling/wargames/naval exercises. We're modernizing in the next three years so we should be getting more ships if that matters

Guy who got shafted and got his ninth pick last thread.

Anyone in rf transmission in the airforce tell me how work is usually? Do you get to pick between fixed and deployment?
Unrelated to this but how are bases in Japan? I'm not a real full blown weeb but I would like to go there, so how is it over ther. I also want to study and get my bachelor's which I doubt I'll be able to do overseas.

The only jump qualifying jobs in the Air Force are AFSOC personnel and those jobs have the highest selection failure rates.

You have a higher likelihood of getting a jump qualifying job in the Army or USMC. Look at those branches instead and don't waste your time with the Air Force.

Attached: usmc jumps.jpg (1200x675, 173K)

Enlisted fag here, stop blaming others for your problems. Unfuck your own position either by making plans to get out or getting a commission.

Pic related: What officers think of you.

Attached: i feel bad for you.png (500x562, 362K)

>USMC
i don't recommend this. while it's easy enough to go to benning to get your wings, not very many marines jump out of planes with any regularity.

Jow Forums, I have a desk job, I work IT for a DoD contracting agency. It's boring as shit and feels dead end. I thought about it and now hold a strict belief that man was not made to rot away behind a desk, and I believe there is a natural instinct to want to fight. I genuinely want to see combat and experience every detail. I'm only 23, so age shouldn't be much of an issue - my question is: what branch do I join to actually see boots on the ground combat?

Attached: 1553730924024.jpg (500x355, 30K)

dude just go hiking and shit on weekends and vacations.
you're not going to see combat right now. even statistically if you went rangers or seals.

the problem is really that you're going home and staying insde. then going to work and staying inside. then going home and staying inside.
try some outdoor activities.

are the afsoc guys the "so others may live" guys?
I kinda like that, but i doubt i'd make it.
I guess i'll look at those other options.

Attached: il_fullxfull.1939702598_rpyh.jpg (3000x2250, 1.16M)

Perhaps, every male in my family has served in some facet in the Navy or Marines and all except for my dad has earned a Combat Services Ribbon. I chose college and I definitely feel it was the wrong choice. There isn't a whole lot of free time I get since I get off work at 7pm and have to be there at 8am, I dunno maybe I need a change of pace and I think thats what front lining will give me

you work 11 hour days? 5 days a week?
>front lining
at least be an officer if you decide to join. you're not going to go shooting brown people right now.
"front line" means an infantry unit where you do more bullshit than actual training.

you sure do like propaganda

Go 18x or any of the AF special operations.

I'm extremely interested in joining Azov, joined the CF reserve unit and didn't even get a combat trade due to my eyesight being so fucking bad, getting lasik this month and going ham on fitness.

Do you think they will take someone with Canadian citizenship and little military experience (just BMQ) need a goal in my life and want to see combat all my generations before me served in some way and I don't want to be sitting her as a non combat POG reservist.

Attached: AZOV 3.jpg (1216x964, 150K)

Why would they take you? What do you think you will do? Do you even speak their language?

You are a liability that nobody wants to take, and you intend to join the war 5 years too late. You are just like the retards that fly to Syria in 2019 to fight or join ISIS. While you're at it, why don't you join the Army so you can go to Iraq and fight Saddam Hussein

Unpaid hour lunch. I work 4 days out of the week but I'm technically the on-call guy, so if you look at it that way I guess I work all days of the week, so planning those trips can be a hassle. Case in point, fuck IT.

was that a shill i responded to? I've found that pararescue is what i want to do, but the air force has nothing else going for it that i like and what if i go for pararescue and don't make it? i'll be stuck doing something else, grounded, like some kinda tree.

Attached: nice helmets.png (780x585, 972K)

>Why would they take you?
Manpower
> What do you think you will do?
Whatever they need.
>Do you even speak their language
Similar language.

do some kind of boot camp exist for out of shape men so that they can train before attempting to join the military? I've got like muscle atrophy from being at home doing nothing, i'm pretty out of shape, and i don't believe i have the discipline to force myself to keep working out, going to a training camp would be best, i'd be willing to pay. Those do exist right? what are they called?

Attached: air-force-pre-boot-camp-workout-image.jpg (621x414, 70K)

>Manpower
They have plenty
>Whatever they need
They already have people that will do that
>Similar language
So you don't

Face it, you have no valid reason to be accepted. Feel free to go, call this number, and then come back to us and tell us what they told you

+38-096-114-88-33

The gym, either get a personal trainer or attend classes

What conflicts are going on in the world that need men to fight for, I just need to leave this country, if you're so adamant that i'm not getting into Azov.

Am I just fucked to never see combat?

A personal trainer that you pay for in advance. You can probably find a few who are prior military.
>Already skinny what's your goal?
>I wanna be a muhreen
>Okay.

There are periods of war and periods of peace. There are no current conflicts that require Western volunteers. Why do you want to kill so badly? Or do you just want to LARP and die in a uniform?

I just don't think personal trainers have the resources, i'd like some kinda camp that readies you up for the military environment. Plus, how am i going to do all the swimming training with a personal trainer, they're mostly women too, i'd be too embarrassed to show a women my back acne, too embarrassing. In a camp, everyone will be doing the same thing as me, it's less embarrassing, as an individual with a trainer. I'm just not sure about that. I can't seem to find any fitness camps or training camps dedicated to that using google. I figured someone here would know of one, i'd be willing to fly there even.

Is A-School/C-School the same as basic? With the yelling, standing at attention, getting smoked, etc?

no

>swimming
you dont need to swim to prepare for boot. you dont even need a personal trainer.
just run, do pushups, do pullups, do crunches, do planks, do leg lifts, do flutterkicks, etc.
calisthenics will get you there easily
oh and stop eating and drinking garbage

You could also go to a recruiting station and work out with them

I'll need to be the best swimmer i can be, look at this. I'm not that great a swimmer, so i gotta train so i don't embarrass myself when we get to the swimming part.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 3.23.28 PM.png (1280x800, 403K)

This won't take as much work to do as you think, so don't put too much pressure on yourself. For the 25 meter, you need to relax and not rush yourself. The slower your heart is, the longer your oxygen will last. Also, practice holding your breath underwater and you will get better at it. For the 500, it all comes down to lifting your head to the side and breathing regularly. I recommend the breaststroke, though you should master a variety of swimming techniques. Form really does make a difference, so ensure proper form before you worry about speed.

Is it closer to college, then?

Do they give penicillin shots at Navy basic? I get hives from penicillin and my recruiter told me not to mention it. I thought it should be mentioned at MEPS but he's assuring me I should say no, and when they give shots mention it so they give me an alternative. Don't they give shots quickly, and in a line? And wouldn't they see that I said I don't have an allergy on my form?

Attached: over.jpg (750x738, 27K)

it's its own thing.
you get a room with a roomy or 2 and then deal with some bullshit.
it's not fleet freedom but it's not bootcamp silliness and you'll fall into a routine to where it's just whatever.
they don't yell at you and smoke you.
it's the navy, you silly. they would get charged with hazing for being mean to you.

not to say some chiefs wont be hardasses but it's not like bootcamp and it's not what you're thinking at all. only marines suffer that nonsense and even then they don't make people do pushups n shit.

well if you're trying for special shit and not in shape then idk what to say. better get that whip crackin on yourself.

That's not true. Tons of AF units end up with slots to Jump school (and rasp for that matter) for some reason and will send anyone who's not likely to break their legs.

>so others may live
USAF Pararescue's motto is "That Others May Live." PJ washout rate is incredibly high because not many people can make it through all that training uninjured. An injury is a washout; no rolling in AFSOC.

Most AFSOC washouts end up in intel; you have to have a TS clearance for AFSOC and the Air Force isn't in the business of wasting hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Uh. It's not 500 meters. It's 2000 for PJs. Not sure what the website is on about.

he said jump school JOBS. the user he's replying to wants to jump out of planes for a living. not just get a device to look cool.
or so it would seem.

>the Air Force isn't in the business of wasting hundreds of thousands of dollars.
epic meme dude bro kek

Then his best bet is to join the Army and get into 82nd or 101st.

But seriously, you will not get assigned anywhere but intel if you wash out from an AFSOC pipeline after they've adjudicated your clearance. Seen it happen several times.

Not him but do Navy recruits even get smoked? I thought only Marines and Army did that.

Wew even my recruiter told me to mention penicillin

I had a prior service AF guy in my Army basic and he said yes. Sure the smoke sessions aren't bad as Army or USMC.

He pulled me aside and said "bro even I'm allergic to penicillin, just say you're allergic and they'll give you something else"

This sounded like BS to me

Reminder that recruiters are consistently in the double digit IQ range

Well what do? I turned in my paperwork, and I go to MEPS on the 20th.

Didn't get smoked during my time in basic. The drill sergeants were very clear on what they weren't allowed to do. They genuinely knew that we wouldn't make it as a battery. Half of them ended up as heat casualties during the forge because they defaulted to saying "no" to anything that sounded like an order or request, including drinking water when it was 100F+ outside.

Where did you go for basic? I'm assuming you are a POG.

Fort Sill. Mostly 68W PMOS in that battery.

I can respect you guys for the most part. As an 11B. We got smoked nearly everyday for stupid shit. My DS smoked us one time for an hour and half just because we wouldn't shut up. I remember low crawling up hills in 95 degree heat in Ft Benning. Good times.

Part of the territory I suppose. Takes a lot more than a few months to change people.

How did you guys deal with leaving family behind?

You get home sick and eventually make friends and get over it.

You get over it. If you've never been away from home before you'll get homesick pretty fast but it goes away after a while. Eventually everyone has to learn how to live on their own, but joining the military makes that transition a bit more abrupt and intense than, say, going to college, even if the armed forces do their best to babysit you. You'll start to notice things you took for granted before leaving home and realize why your parents nagged you about things you never cared about.
Just don't misuse your newfound "independence" to blow money on strippers and alcohol, trash your room, buy an overpriced automobile, or marry the first girl you see.

Any anons been through psyop selection? Any tips? From the research I've done it's 10 days of cadre fucking with you and heavily weighted on peer eval.

Air Force TACP here. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask

Attached: 1564638716502.png (284x351, 102K)

Seconded, cheers lad

Attached: 85253C2B-09F7-41ED-A265-6D0BAC70AE8F.png (1000x1000, 177K)

Has anyone on Jow Forums been to Ranger school?
My BN leadership is willing to send anyone who wants to go and I'm thinking about it.

Nah, every instructor at whichever A-school you go to isn’t an asshole. They’re might be one or two with their panties in a bunch, but that’s because they don’t want to be there.

Where you at right now?

Alaska

Why user? I haven't enlisted yet and although I generally see these people as cowards who achieved their authority through connections and having good etiquette and being bootlickers rather than heroic or brave deeds, I think it's necessary to not hate them in order to do your job properly.

Go. What else is there to know. RLTW.

wish i could get some nice northern orders. i just got passed up for offut

I ship on Monday, is it too late to work out? Been slackin

youll be fine. i never stepped foot in a gym before basic

> (((azov)))
Nah is right, you would either be stuck there doing random physical work, or at some point Putin decides its time to raise his ratings and takes Kharkov, so you'd face Russian military and would probably get yeeted out by a Grad salvo.

Attached: 1491645_342068939299791_1279565212253471211_n.jpg (604x853, 95K)

nah you got plenty of time.
i've seen guys go from failing the pt tests to getting perfect scores in 24 hours.

Enlisted to officer is fine, but officers in general are dicks.

I'm a shit ass offier in the Marine Corps. I ahte my job and want to go do infantry shit. I got dropped before I could start IOC because I had rhabdo. I don't think I can get resdesignated and be a reserve infantry officer. I don't see why they would ship me back to Quantico for three months to do that. Is there an opportunity for me to attempt A&S for Raiders?

Or should I just finish my contract out, do a deployment and then live the rest of my life knowing I will never get to do the one thing I always wanted

Attached: 1509564771395.jpg (817x562, 128K)

For a minute thought you were some AF fag above my barracks posting. He has some TACP patch.

don't let that user have any bearing on your views.
reality is no one is that bothered by officers day-to-day.
just like enlisted you get good officers and bad ones. i've never met someone who was competent that was vocal about hating officers.
hating your captain or some major? a butterbar? sure.
but all officers? no one cares. pretty sure that post is bait anyway

And my college degree is worthless because I can't even spell officer right. Or hate

sometimes prior enlisted are worse. LDOs seem mostly chill but i havent met a warrant that didnt make me want to eat my 9 on watch

this. there are plenty of incompetent officers and koolaid drinkers, and there are many generic ones, but there are a few legitimately high quality officers.

People who hate officers don't see the big picture. Yes, they're needed; but most of them end up spending most of their career in boring, semi-relevant staff jobs, only so that the few who make it through to general have a broad base of experience.

The time they spend year work over the course of a career? It's small, even compared to a junior enlisted scum pushing a broom. An officer gets 3 or 4 years out out of a 20 year career to do real military stuff. Enlisted can easily eke out 10 or 15.

Any 19Kilos in Ft Hood right now?
Heading to Hood on the 29th after I finish AIT, B company, 1-8 Cav, 2nd ABCT

Attached: 32205902_1790804510942930_5410468636047441920_o_xtiu8r1q.jpg (1920x1080, 503K)

For regular officers, just flip the curve.

Attached: prior enlisted.jpg (469x354, 17K)

>koolaid drinkers
These people are literally the worst people in the military, officer or enlisted.
The worst parts of my career were all directly caused by people with too much hooah, too much rank, and not enough attachment to reality.

Can you elaborate?

I don't get this. why does it slope up again?

who has the best boots in the military (US) right now? AF ABUs?

Attached: 1505610586753 (1).jpg (1881x1139, 496K)

He's saying prior E officers are mostly either really good or really bad, with little in between.

that will depend on your feet, now own't it?