Conceal Carry For Beginner?

I live innacity and have just turned 21, so I wanted to get my CCL. Problem is I have no idea on what kind of carry gun I should get. I'm rather tall, but otherwise of average build. Also is there some type of outfit style to wear to easily conceal without looking too conspicuous?

Attached: CLAP_ATF_CHEEKS.jpg (800x534, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/CYA-Supply-Co-Holster-Fits/dp/B01M7XVVER/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_200_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=EGYZNPYF8CE0TEM8JNKX
tr-enabling.com/product-p/ba-p-mps-40-357c.htm
rcsgear.com/vanguard-2-kit-for-s-w-m-p-shield-9-40/
snakeeatertactical.com/product/iwb-mag-pouch-glock-4243/
underwoodammo.com/products/357-sig-65-grain-xtreme-defender
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just don't act sketchy and wear somewhat normal clothes for the area and nobody will notice.

For clothes I go with baggy pants to hide the shape of the pistol. What gun you carry is a personal choice. Also don't carry in your pocket or waistband like a street monkey redneck. Get a in the waistband holster.

What kind of gun?

Sub compact, single stacked 9mm striker fired with no safety selector.

Or

Compact snub nose revolver.

Clothing? Literally anything you normally wear. Compact pistols worn in a competent inside the wasteband holster will easily conceal in anything you wear. I've worn mine daily for a decade, shorts, pants, dress clothing, work clothes, etc.

Treat carry guns like butt plug, get the biggest one you're comfortable with and then move up from there once you're used to it. Starting small will help you get used to carrying, and keep you from being self conscious about printing.

If you think it’s ok to shoot and kill somebody over 40£ then that makes you worse than a robber, mate. Violence is illegal no matter which way you look at it

I know this is a troll but if i have to give my life to earn 40bongs then stealing it constitutes taking some of my life. And for that i will smoke the shit out of a nigger.

Dah fuq is this garbage dumpster of a post? Is this supposed to be bait or something? Fucking kill yourself.

Any brands or models as far a single stack semi auto? Pros cons vs revolver?

oi fuk oorself m8, vats enuff foh a teevee loisense.

this. if where tight clothes it becomes more challenging to conceal

Whatever is comfy in your hands. I carry a Khar PM9 because I like the frame width and heavy trigger and its a very fair price point for a reliable system. But there are tons of brands and models, find what's comfy for you but if you plan on daily carry, something small and thin is what you want. 6+1 is plenty of rounds to stop almost all threats you may encounter. There are some sub compact .45s but they are still thicker and a tad heavier. 9mm is plenty sufficient and well proven, just get some good hollow points. I personally carry 4 85gr hollow points and then 3 125+gr +P hollows that have a rubber tip to help clothing or glass penetration at the end of the mag.

I prefer striker for CC because of simplicity and ease of use and smaller frame but there's a lot of user preference there.

Some people like the feel and simplicity of a revolver. The pros and cons really come down to you. Both systems will end a threat. Striker is easier to reload and a spare mag takes up less space than a speed reloader for a revolver but there are double action snubs and some like having that double action for carry.

Ya can rent guns for super cheap at many ranges, most pistol rentals are around 15-40$ and is a good way for you to try a few systems and see what works best for you.

A few here mention not being able to wear tight clothing, I find that not true with my sub compact 9. I'm 5'10 160lbs and my pants are pretty tight and its impossible to tell I'm carrying. Even when I wear a tucked in shirt I've never had anyone notice or mention I'm carrying. I often forget its even there some days because I can't feel it. If you have a full sized frame you'll have issues sure, but single stacked pistols with a thin frame are easy to conceal and carry in almost all clothing. I've never had to buy clothing around my gun. Get a good retention holster and you're set.

smith and wesson shield
walther pps
glock 43
sig sauer p938
most compact 1911s (look for name brands like colt, Springfield, Ruger, ect)

>cons vs a revolver
revolvers, particularity snub noses, can be harder to learn to shoot on. DAO trigger is heavy and in my experience training new shooters on it is more of a challenge. Figure out what you like first, some of the ones I mentioned above are striker fired, some a SAO and I wouldnt recommend them for a beginner either unless you really want a Manuel safety, but that comes with extra training

People are hideously oblivious.

You could literally stuff an AR into your pants and most people wouldn't notice.

Just try a little and you'll do fine.

The Ruger LC series is a great starter CC gun. They come in a variety of configurations, are tiny as all hell, and can be had for sub $300 any day of the week. Grab one of those and kydex holster like this amazon.com/CYA-Supply-Co-Holster-Fits/dp/B01M7XVVER/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_200_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=EGYZNPYF8CE0TEM8JNKX and you'll be able to carry without printing very easily. When it comes to concealing handguns always remember you're not as obvious as you think unless you really fucked up. Oh yeah and remember your CCW is useless if you ain't shooting it so do yourself a favor and go to the range and put 1k down it's pipe so you don't pop any of us when you draw.

The £ is a nice touch.

S&W M&P shield 40 converted to 357sig with this holster and mag carrier and ammo
tr-enabling.com/product-p/ba-p-mps-40-357c.htm

rcsgear.com/vanguard-2-kit-for-s-w-m-p-shield-9-40/

snakeeatertactical.com/product/iwb-mag-pouch-glock-4243/

underwoodammo.com/products/357-sig-65-grain-xtreme-defender

Attached: Screenshot_20190803-203326.png (720x1280, 227K)

Not OP, but what are Pros/Cons of IWB vs OWB? And Appendix vs 3-5 o'clock?

if you are just getting into carrying I would recommend something smaller and cheaper first so you get a feel of what its like to carry something around all day.

then once you get used to it you will figure out which ones you can work with because everyone is different. some people carry desert eagles and 44 magnums to 4 in ch 357 revolvers to little 380 acps.

start out with a small and inexpensive baseline. read up on the laws, legal scenarios and cases, and ballistics. dont get into bullshit caliber debate because they all will do the job.

few entry recommendations
g43
ppk
sw model 36.
sig p230
sig p365
(small and nice quality and somewhat affordable for beginners)

as far as clothes get extremely comfortable and light/baggy pants that can breathe. if your going to sweat on the gun USE EEZOX line it inside your holster and on the gun and if you live in humid places or sweat it will rust without some kind of protection(over time). and as far as shirts go just wear work button up shirts in a slightly large size and you will blend in just fine.

dont wear tight clothes. period.

>i will smoke the shit out of a nigger.

Attached: Yousmokecock.jpg (466x522, 32K)

I think about this a lot. It's hilariously retarded, but I wonder how feasible CC'ing a fucking p90 would be.

I have a G19 in a tier 1 holster. I feel too thin for it to work, I dunno. Maybe it's my pants.
How low should it be? The rear plate of my Glock almost comes up to my belly button.
The whole thing is just "out" further than I'd like. Need a supper baggy shirt with a pattern than breaks up the profile, like flannel or whatever

Full adidas tracksuit it is

you won't get a license in an american city.
try doing some research before you shitpost.

You've obviously never been to a US city besides New York and anywhere in Commiefornia. Shut your ignorant ass up.

I like the idea of the neoprene wedge that jm custom kydex uses. Brings the grip in nice n tight

There are so many options that it can be overwhelming. If you're completely new to shooting you don't want to learn on a small pistol. Get something with low recoil to train on.
I would strongly recommend striker fired guns. Avoid the single action guns like 1911s and sig p238/938. The best mix of shootability and concealment is the glock 42. Test any gun before you buy it though. If you have to have 9mm, skip the sub 20oz khars and lc9s and skip the glock 43 too. M&p shield is the best singlestack 9 and is relatively inexpensive.
If you can carry something bigger then by all means do it. Even a g26 will shoot much better than any single stack and a g19 isn't really that big. Either way it'll be a journey and only you will know what works best for you.

The wedges and claws tend to work really well on keeping the grip secured and away from printing

>needing a license

Attached: mo1234123421.jpg (1067x809, 737K)

If you don't wear a belt often, look into smart carry holster

It's called "deep concealment" since family members can hug you and not notice the GAT down there

So I'm not new to shooting, my family has owned guns, and the second I could I started buying guns, but I've never had experience with real small compact guns. I have large hands, so I figure most of these compacts wont let me get all fingers on grip yeah?

Sorry, but MO is an absolute shithole.

It depends on the gun. Glock 43 has a shorter grip than an M&P Shield 2.0. Your best bet is to go to a rental range or LGS and finger fuck the guns to see which ones fit your hands well. More often than not you should expect your pinky to hang off of a subcompact, but as long as your Length of Pull feels natural and your grip remains firm it should not be an issue.

It's easier than you think desu. I'm a 6'2" lanklet and I don't have too much trouble concealing my 19 appendix or four o'clock strongside. I usually wear Levi's 511's (idgaf if they're antigun, every fucking company is these days) or similar slim-cut jeans along with a normal flannel or plaid and it pretty much disappears, especially strongside.

I've also run into the problem of the gun feeing like it just sticks out really far when carrying appendix, but I've found that rocking your spare mag appendix on the other side of your fly really evens out your waistline and makes it look way more natural, even under a t- shirt.

Find clothes specifically made for conceal carry for each season.

For the warmer months: I have a waistband holster for my Springfield XDS

For the colder months: I have a vest that has specific compartments that are well hidden.

For super cold months: it doesnt matter because you could probably conceal a desert eagle if you really needed to in a giant coat.

This. Just started carrying a G20 AIWB with a mag carrier opposite the fly, and it really does just fine under a loose t-shirt. There's a slight bit of printing when wind blows directly toward me and bunches up the t-shirt around the holster, but I'm not sure what the solution is since it conceals so well in any other circumstance.