Pentagons new Toys (pretty big new)

Go bump that daily mass shooting hot topic there!
Nothing to see HERE!

theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/02/pentagon-balloons-surveillance-midwest

Attached: oy vey but please bump that mass shooting thread and dont bother talking about the edge crusher goy. (806x519, 48K)

Yeah

Travelling in the stratosphere at altitudes of up to 65,000ft, the balloons are intended to “provide a persistent surveillance system to locate and deter narcotic trafficking and homeland security threats”, according to a filing made on behalf of the Sierra Nevada Corporation, an aerospace and defence company.

The balloons are carrying hi-tech radars designed to simultaneously track many individual vehicles day or night, through any kind of weather. The tests, which have not previously been reported, received an FCC license to operate from mid-July until September, following similar flights licensed last year.

>this is so fucked

We need lasers to counter

>batman police blimp timeline
Not sure how I feel about this.

Attached: OLW_-_Police_Blimp.jpg (715x538, 52K)

ZOG using their corporate, military and police pigs to build a "bar-less" prison so evil and effective that there will be no escape.

dat search light dat stenciling

its time to go
FULL
S Y N D I C A T E
S-H-A-D-O-W-R-U-N

Nice. It's wide-area surveillance with GMTI SAR instead of optics (so weather won't stop it), and even cheaper than drones.

Those were up all over Afghanistan a decade ago when I was there. Fucking crazy to think its been that long.

Now they are going to here.
Are we enemy combatants?
This is sick.

I’d imagine one round would cause it to crash.

Can’t these get dabbed on by 9mm or even a pellet?

Hopefully people shoot them down

Wr've been enemy combatants for a while now. Remember when Eric Snowden was declared a traitor for releasing sensitive intel to enemies of the state when all he did was tell the American public that the NSA was listening to their cell phones?

>when all he did was tell the American public that the NSA was listening to their cell phones?
>when all he did
He also leaked targets of industrial espionage and targets of Australian spying

B-But I thought only China does mass surveillance!

CNN told me so!

So how do we realistically counter these? We need ways to locate and destroy/disable them. What could the average man do Jow Forums?

Attached: vlcsnap-error103.jpg (720x540, 47K)

About 20 km max in the air per , regular loiter is probably anywhere from 15 to 18 km

This is where police work is going to go. By time we're all old all police work that would normally have them patrolling is going to be done from a desk. This will probably be paid by and driven by the huge amount of traffic citations provided by the technology.

Not to get in a atrocity dick measuring contest or anything, but China’s state surveillance and political enforcement apparatus is obviously way worse than anything the US is doing. It’s never good to see the country moving that direction, though.

>It’s never good to see the country moving that direction, though.
yeah, but what are you going to about it?

Not vote democrat. Trump tried to block the blimps but got dabbed on by a federal judge in California

Do you think that will be high enough for sone one to NOT try?

Attached: received_658029561304752.jpg (560x170, 11K)

Nah, in China's case it's more aimed at fixing their societal issues such as jaywalking, littering and driving people over and then stabbing them.

China is literally trying to becom a nanny state to civilize their millions of fresh urbanites who still have that 3rd world mindset.

In the US, tho, it is for """"counter terrorism"""

This seems a little oppressive. I don't like it.

>I don't like it.
and?

I got a couple of high powered lasers to voice my displeasure. Lets see how well those balloons work when they get a sensor full of laser.

Republicans are just as bad about mass surveillance. Libertarians are probably the only ones that aren’t overtly authoritarian, but if they couldn’t pull together a competitive candidate in2016, they’re never going to be relevant.

Realistically I won't do much. But people throw shitfits when drones fly over their property. I don't think they'll like it when easily shootable balloons float over their property.

>What could the average man do Jow Forums?
literally no way to effect it outtside of catching it on the ground during take off, landing, maintenance visits to its ground base, unless one can locate and penetrate the ground control installation (highly doubtful)

The b u i l d i n g

>65,000 feet and mobile

It's not easily shootable.

I think it's high enough to not matter

Like that will stop anyone.

>Trump tried to block the blimps
bullshit.
More likely the next democrat president will pull the plug on that program so fast the air will smoke.
After all, if you made 100 billion a year from smuggling narcotics into the US, don't you think you would offer campaign contributions to any politician who would be against building the wall?

Why don't you check out what social media and cell phone software does with your personal info?

I'm ok with this. Theres nothing wrong with having police helicopters to chase suspects, theres nothing wrong with surveillance drones guarding our borders. Better a balloon above us than a multi ton piece of machinery that could fall on us.

Attached: FlareGun vs Amazon blimp.gif (540x302, 2.6M)

>I don't think they'll like it when easily shootable balloons float over their property
65,000 ft above their property? They better have a SAM missile in their backyard.
And IF you had a laser that would reach that high with beam scatter they would pinpoint your location in a heartbeat.
We have had satellite surveillance resolution down to seeing the dimples on a golf ball for decades.

I can't fault that logic.

my sides.
I was thinking along the same line when I read OP.
Snoopy and Red Baron. Shoot it down with a Triplane.

t. Chang

Attached: banned in china.jpg (641x629, 135K)

I know exactly whats collected from those. I don't like that either. And I don't use social media.

pooh did nothing wrong