Be me, britbong nogunz

>be me, britbong nogunz
>walking through town
>see army recruitment tent
>L85A2 on table with chain/bolt lock.
>see recruiter holding it out to 8 yo boy, flagging a nearby group of people in the progress
>decide to go over when the kid moves on and mine more cringe
>"is this an L85A2? I ask"
>"yup, part of the SA80 family, would you like to hold it?"
>"sure"
>He passes the barrel over me to my side, over a family group and hands me it in that position.
>I lower the muzzle immediately and cringe inwardly.
>consider mentioning the four rules but realise they obviously don't care and that I should mine him for cringe.
>"how would you like a job where you shoot that?" he asks
>start talking about his enlistment and how he got to get paid to ski
>I hand him the rifle back without flagging anyone, he takes it and sweeps it over his superiors on the way to the table and places it down barrel pointing towards rlhis belly, his superiors don't bat a single eyelid.
>take some of their shitty shill leaflets and leave

This is why the uk military can't have a "monopoly on effective violence" in their country, it seems they can't even control violence as well as an American citizen after a day course at a range.

Attached: 1559390397327.jpg (1000x403, 103K)

Kill yourself

Wow OP, you're real lucky that gun didn't decide to shoot you all. Golly.

join and show them all how it's done
be the change you want to see in your empire mr basedbong

Gonna press X to doubt here

>britbong

Stopped reading here, fuck off anglo go kill yourself.

Rent free.

That soldier has been trained in weapons handling, he knows that it has been cleared and the only threat it poses is if I were to smash OP over the head with it... Did you even clear the weapon when it was handed to you? No... now who's the dumb ass?

Shut up faggot I'll point at you out of spite.

Although I doubt youre actually British, ill bite. Ive done a number of army recruiting events where you have weapons displays (British infanteer).

All weapons are cleared and made safe obviously, and chained to the tables. The reason we have them there is so people can have a look, pick them up etc, and as expected kids are going to come over and wave them around. We are safe when we handle them, encourage safe handling and we arent going to go beasting civvies for accidentally muzzle sweeping people. We try not to do it, but when you are showing/handing/taking back weapons to or from a horde of people for 12 hours its going to happen. Stop being a fuckin sperg. The fella could have been a mong, but you sound like a genuine autist.

Also:
> noguns
> trying to lecture anyone about weapon safety, let alone someone whose job it is to handle one

Your pathetic country can be our 51st state.

Jeepers, what if that gun had a bullet materialize in the chamber at the same moment the bolt lock vanished? Someone could have gotten h-h-hurt!!

Pansy ass faggot lol
Once a gun has been confirmed to have been unloaded and made safe, it's just a hunk of metal. Seeing people in the gun store pointing the floor model around like a jackass is cringe, but not nearly as much as watching 4 fudds, who ALL know that the gun is empty and incapable of firing, make awkward attempts to inspect a gun and pass it between each other without ever pointing it anywhere near another person.

Your first act upon being handed a gun should be to drop the magazine and rack it to clear the chamber. But once that's done, you don't need to pretend it's a loaded gun anymore. That's stupid.

please

There is obviously no ammo around also probably a non operable prop, they won't let civies handle real and loaded functional weapons

>Kill yourself

Yup. There's a lot of very gay posts on /k but OPs wins the prize

Is correct...

OP is a fucking turboautist.

Just to add to this: at police demonstrations like this I've attended, the weapon will have internal parts removed (pin, trigger linkage, etc) to make it non-operational also.
Weapons due for repair/maintenance with no ammo, a chain lock, several internals missing and a policeman watching them... So dangerous!

Look at all these faggots jumping on a nogunz for respecting the rules of gun safety. Even if a gun doesn't have a firing pin, it is still a firearm and must be treated with due respect.

Theres treating a firearm with respect, and then theres screeching and reeing because you accidentally got swept by a weapon that is clear and safe in a safe environment with professionals overseeing.

If you were on a live range it would be a different matter, but I can guarantee that I and my blokes would get beasted for ever being remotely unsafe with a loaded weapon, and i would do the same to anyone else on a live range. But getting so butthurt about what was probably an airshit version anyway (we sometimes use airshit replicas because theyre cheaper and doesnt cause a load of hassle when kids fuck with them) is just 110% autistic.

OP, there were no bullets in the gun

Puerto Rico suits your demographics better

I really, really doubt this my dude

Shut up fag no one cares about the Brits

Attached: 835C8677-67C6-4881-8C62-891F4AA71B14.jpg (640x656, 321K)

Oh no... what a shame...
We wouldn't want that to happen, would we lads?

Attached: 1564462311344.png (800x600, 348K)

Damn OP, you really know your shit

He's an American, where weapon etiquette makes more sense because you're more likely to find a weapon that is loaded; all parts intact and operational. In the US Army muzzle/trigger discipline is drilled into your head because of this very fact, especially at a live-fire range or on a deployment where live rounds are present.

I'm an American too, though. Yeah, trigger and muzzle discipline is drilled into us Everywhere you go, whether it be ranges, stores, shows, etc., people are larping that the guns are literally magic and can fire with no ammo, with s cable through the action, or both. It is seriously fucking retarded.

Shoot yourself

OP here

Just for clarity, it was my opinion that all weapons are loaded until cleared by yourself, and then only cleared for yourself not others. Therefore the recruiter's attitude of the L85 being a heavy nerf gun which you are paid to shoot (without mention of target) annoyed me. Personally, I would have respected a quick safety blurb before he handed the rifle over. Even with a bolt lock and no ammo treating a firearm that casually is not something i'd do, not that I have experience apart from some double barrel shotguns. I'm sure the military aren't that casual with firearms otherwise, but it just confirmed my biases on the manipulative nature of the brit military when it comes to recruiting and purpose. No wonder they have a servere personnel shortage.

See shitty shill leaflets attached.

I second the "please"

Attached: DSC_0341 (2).jpg (2692x3091, 1.05M)

To be honest? You're a huge fag

So just to confirm
> youre a noguns
> have only ever handled double barreled shotguns
> for some reason have a distinct hate for your own countries armed forces (although I doubt youre actually from here)
> all in all you have essentially no experience with firearms of any kind
> still exhibit autism tier traits around firearms
> require a safety brief when being handed a firearm at an event where the weapons are clearly unloaded, safe and under supervision of professionals who have more firearms experience in their big toe than you have in your whole life
> so buttmad about it that you have to sperg about it on an anonymous azerbajiani window licking forum

If this had happened at a firing range, I would completely understand. But the fact that it was in a place where it is so abundantly clear that the weapon was safe that makes it so cringeworthy.

Ive worked these stands before. Guess what, if you have a big group of people across your entire front arc, and your lads on either side of you, someone is going to get muzzle swept by someone. We dont spazz out about it, we just make sure everything is safe. If you were actually some hardcore experienced shooter or vet people might have more sympathy but you just sound like a retard to be honest fella.

You're a tryhard pretending to be an expert by quoting textbook terms as a substitute for actual knowledge. Anyone with ractual expertise in firearms would be able to tell you that it's blindingly obvious that any guns set out for display at a recruitment fair are going to be unloaded, if not completely deactivated, and your attempts to browbeat civilian passer-bys with a manual of safety drills when they just want to ask a couple of questions and feel what a gun is like is incredibly spergy.

>Therefore the recruiter's attitude of the L85 being a heavy nerf gun
If they're going to pass that thing around amongst kids then they'd bloody well make sure it isn't anything but an overweight nerf gun first. And whaddya know?
>with chain/bolt lock.
They did! And presumably doubled up as well since I rather doubt they had live ammo at hand to feed it.
But this won't do for you, oh no. You Know About Guns, you're a Gun Person. That you don't own any or shoot or so doesn't matter, we're not talking possessions or practice here but a kid trying to build an identity for himself. And so now you're upset, not because they weren't handling the gun in a safe manner but because they didn't care about something that you've made central to your fragile little ego.

Also, please do share these so called manipulative tactics that we use? Showing our kit and equipment at a stand at a county fair is manipulation? Not that you would care, but we do those stands for 2 purposes; recruiting and community engagement, i.e putting a human face on the military. We show off our weapons and kit because people are interested, and we spin dits about fun times weve had in the army because a stand with no weapons and a bunch of sour faced cunts talking about sitting in the rain is not going to interest anybody, potential recruit or otherwise.

Furthermore, pretty much every military will do some form of this. Especially reserve units trying to recruit and spread awareness in their catchment area. Theres nothing malicious or manipulative about it; at most all we give them is a flyer or leaflet and tell them to have a look at the army website if interested.

Lol fuck that

You got a loisence fa that autism m8?

I'd call implying I wouldn't have a target when firing the rifle "as a job" very pathetic, although manipulating people into shilling away their lives for the petro-dollar and Israel always will be such. Although you wouldn't understand that, having already sold your body to them it seems. Enjoy watching your friends die whilst destabilizing middle eastern countries in endless proxy wars.

You sound like one of those fuckign retards with their "you need guns because you have small penis" program. Maybe guns could be trusted to the public if the public were taught to be responsible about it instead of drones.

At least they get to shoot cool guns and you never will

>L85A2
>"cool"

who's the autist now?

You are, because a magazine fed, select-fire rifle is miles cooler than your uncle's double barreled shotgun.

How exactly did he imply you wouldnt have a target? From what you said, all he said was 'how would you like to use one of them for a living'. And what recruiter is gunna say 'hey kid, how would you fancy slotting floppies and ragheads with one of these?'.

> sperging about jews, petrodollars and dying for proxy wars
Yeah confirmed turboautist. Youre one of those fuckin wierdos that would probably try and join just to slot yourself as soon as you get your hands on a weapon and live rounds.

> GPMGs, 50 cals, grenade machine guns, sharpshooters and pistols arent cool
> doing force on force training with machine guns blaring and explosions going off in a massive 600 man laser tag isnt cool
You sound like a really fun dude.

"How would you like to fire this for a living" is not the same as "How would you like to use one of these for a living", one implys
responsibility, the other not so much.

Brits don't slot floppies too often, most floppies have the same puppet masters after all.

As for the rags, might help if we didn't keep invading their countries, destroying their infrastructure, and then leaving.

Fuck me youre special. Its a firearm. You wouldnt be fucking hammering nails in with it. Its like me saying 'how would you like to use this hammer for a job' vs 'how would you like to hammer stuff with this hammer for a job'.

> brits dont slot floppies that often
Fella, a large amount of our military history involves operating in africa. There are half a dozen or more ongoing british operations in west africa alone. If its not happening now, itll happen again soon.

> would probably join up to shoot ragheads
Dont bother, we dont want you. I would genuinely rather have a lesbian tranny in my section than you, and thats saying something. At least a lesbian tranny wont sperg out and shoot me in the back because he had a nightmare about the jews.
> crying about the state of affairs in the middle east
If you feel so bad for them, why not go over there to try and help instead of sperging out online.

> bitches about gun safety
> doesn’t clear gun when handed one

Parliament made the right call if you ask me

>Asian women
Do you get one for enlisting?

Of course he didnt clear it, trying to be le cool Gun Guy and actually knowing about handling firearms are two different things.

How am I supposed to clear a gun with a bolt lock and chain you retard?

Nigger the shits never loaded thats why its on demonstration to hold. I've seen them in the U.K too when I went to Bovington tank museum, you're just being a whore for (you's).

No, you get to fight your way into an insurgent camp to rescue one who couldn't keep up with the rest of her patrol.

> bolt lock
The fuck are you on about. Dyou mean some mystical device that makes it impossible to cock the rifle? Cus ive never seen one. We literally just chain the weapons to a table. Im genuinely confused here.

They had a tight chain wrapped through the trigger guard and through a hole in a wedge inserted into the chamber.

Attached: we_sa80_gbb_6.jpg (2784x2048, 470K)

Fuck off, we're reserving Alberta for that honour.

Attached: 1546269413051.png (750x1334, 800K)

>Did you even clear the weapon when it was handed to you?
OP was not a faggot, assumed it was loaded and treated it as such

So they literally had some obstruction in the chamber which prevented proper functioning and firing of the weapon and you still sperged? Youre not making this look any better for yourself.

No, hes still a faggot, and very possibly autistic.

It doesn't matter fag, treat all firearms as if they are loaded. Because one day you think you're perfectly safe because you've left the bolt lock in, but you haven't..... and boom there goes your buddie's balls.

>We show off our weapons and kit because people are interested
>a stand with no weapons and a bunch of sour faced cunts talking about sitting in the rain is not going to interest anybody
So essentially you take something people apparently like/have an interest in, but tell them they can't have it unless they sign a contract to serve the state.
Sounds like a shitty thing to do no matter the way you slice it.

>signing a contract to serve the state to participate in laser tag
C'mon.

I like the fact they had weapons, I don't like the fact they treated them like toys. I want people to handle and use firearms, especially the public, but using them as a marketing ploy without showing the inherent responsibility firearms present is top tier cringe to me. And even pointing airshit at someone who has no foreknowledge is no go cringe for me, a pointed firearm is an inherent threat regardless of the firearms actual lethality.

> you, a noguns sperg whose only ever fired a shotgun
> lecturing anyone about firearm safety, especially over a rifle ive carried overseas

If I know a weapon is not loaded and is 100% safe, in a place where there is no danger of ammunition getting in the weapon, say for example on a fucking recruiting stand, im not gunna be shaking like a leaf every time the muzzle is pointed anywhere but a safe direction. I know the weapon is safe. Ill still not point it at people out of courtesy as some civvies may flap (as you clearly did), but im not gunna shit my pants if a civvie accidentally sweeps me with it.

If i did that id have stained boxers every time a kid picks up a glock to play with it. They are there to be on show, for people to handle. Respecting a firearm is a great habit to get into, but having your knees go weak because a safe weapon in a safe place under professional supervision accidentally swept you is just pure autism.

>self-congratulatory bullshit
did everyone clap afterwards too? faggot

Attached: 1557609550657.png (500x371, 115K)

Thats the most retarded logic ive ever heard. If they wanted to go and see civvie legal weapons, go to another stand. It stands to reason that if you actually want to use military kit and equipment, you have to join the military. Same as if you want to fly a plane you need to actually be a trained pilot. Just cus I have an interest in planes does that mean I should just be allowed to fly one?

> literally get paid to do phys, work with a multitude of weapons and vehicles, learn military skills and go abroad, including operations and massive battlegroup level exercises using some of the most sophisticated and realistic training equipment on the market

Yeah wow im really hard done by.

OP again
Hyberbole may or may not make your comment entertaining, but it certainly makes it false. Nobody is going to shit themselves over being flagged, me especially, however it's extremely bad practice even with 0 chance the firearm can fire. A pointed gun is a threat, a firearm should always be treated as if it's loaded.
While I didn't make the comment you're replying too, I'd happily defend it.
Conflating flying a plane and purchasing weapons for self defence is a terrible comparison, however with both if you believe you can use it you should be able to. If you die so be it, it was your life and your money and if you kill others their relatives should get reparations from you.
It's not the state's business who has access to effective self defence against said state's tyranny. Authoritarian shills like you are always so easily led, enjoy dieing for your puppet masters dude.

> you, a noguns sperg whose only ever fired a shotgun
> lecturing anyone about firearm safety, especially over a rifle ive carried overseas
That only makes it more shameful.

>Thats the most retarded logic ive ever heard
How is it retarded? They're betting on people having an interest on guns, so they're aware that guns are interesting. Trying to use guns as a way to get people to join into an organization they wouldn't have otherwise is pretty shitty.
>It stands to reason that if you actually want to use military kit and equipment, you have to join the military
To use a water hose do I have to become a firefighter?
>Same as if you want to fly a plane you need to actually be a trained pilot
There's civilian schools that can take care of that.

You get paid to kill people and learn to kill people. It is not one big training exercise, nobody likes a recruiter.

> a pointed gun is a threat
When safe, clear, with no rounds nearby and a fucking wedge stopping the weapon functioning its not a threat. At that point it is literally a bunch of metal.
> nobody is going to shit themselves over being flagged
Well it was clearly a significant enough emotional event for you to whine about it on an online forum
> if you believe you can use it you should be allowed to
I believe I can use a Challenger 2, can I get one please? Cheers. Im all for civilian ownership of firearms, but you dont need a fuckin 81mm mortar to defend yourself. Regardless of how you or I feel about civilian firearm ownership and who should be allowed what, it doesnt change the fact that the weapons we present are military service weapons, and again, you need to be in the military to use military kit and equipment. Shit bust. Cry to your local MP.
> if you accidentally kill someone then you just pay reparations to their loved ones lol
Ok, so youre actually just a nutter. Thanks for clearing that up.
> waaah authoritarian
Fuckin kek, you clearly know nothing of the average squaddie. Nobody has any particular love for the government. Im all for civilian firearm ownership and think the state our country is currently in is pretty shocking. Just because im a soldier doesnt mean im some bootlicking cunt, and neither are any of the blokes i work with. Nobody joins to fight for whatever party is in power, and nobody dies for whichever PM is currently in. Blokes do it for the love of the job and the camaraderie of the blokes next to them. But i dont expect some meme spouting faggot like you to understand that.

You're out here fucking bragging about MILES exercises, at least take the mockery standing.
>get paid
welfare queen
>work with a multitude of weapons and vehicles
aka do everything except firing them, doing maintenance must be sooo much fun
>learn military skills and go abroad
big whoop
>including operations and massive battlegroup level exercises using some of the most sophisticated and realistic training equipment on the market
aka spending taxpayer dollars on """""""realistic""""""" training equipment that ultimately doesn't matter because you either won't deploy into combat or the training won't matter for shit because an IED can clap you before you have the chance to even pull the trigger on your multitude of weapons

I know that this sounds harsh because I'm pretty much taking a dump on your career choice... but you're seriously over here arguing that your life is super glamorous because of all the weapons and training. I'd fucking love to have MILES gear at my disposal but I'm not gonna pretend that I'd pick my career based on playing laser tag.

Where did i say everything was one big exercise? The whole point was that it was one experience that was cool, that there are parts of the job that are genuinely loads of fun. Not trying to fuckin recruit you over the internet, especially if youre OP.

Who put a quid in you? Literally just said it was a cool experience. Im not bragging about fuck all. Calm your tits fella.

Why would display weapons be loaded?
Besides, the soldier there cleared it and thus knows its safe to muzzle sweep people with it. Hell, the firing pin might be be removed. Over here for long distance marches in civilian territory we fucking remove the bolt.

Did you clear the rifle personally? No? Then you shouldn't muzzle sweep people with it. Simple as that.

>I'm sure the military aren't that casual with firearms otherwise
>be onna range
>DS shoot
>Give PSI my rifle
>He shoots
>tries to give it back to me without showing clear
>Don't know whether it was a shit test, ask him to show clear
>"oh are we doing that bollocks are we?"
Also the reserves are shit, if you join pepare to have your time wasted and be bored most drill nights and weekends.

If you were out in public, and saw someone holding a revolver at you through a window would you not feel threatened? If it was a replica the orange cap merely needs to be removed and for all you can tell it's a real loaded revolver. In the same way even a gun with chain and bolt lock is an inherent threat.

Civilian militias most certainly do need 81mm mortars, because of threats internal and external to their freedom and rights.

Joining for the love of the job, is joining for the love of killing people. You are joining to kill without personal responsibility as the "democratically" elected government and your command structure makes the decisions on who to kill for you. It's inherently collectivist authoritarian, and I'm sad you can't see that.

>Im not bragging about fuck all

Attached: fire.png (574x721, 585K)

You dont need to clear a weapon if you consider it to be loaded.

> if you were in a completely different situation to the one previously described would you react the same way?
If i was at a recruiting stand and someone handed me a revolver i wouldnt immediately shit myself and assume i was now holding one of those scary loaded weapons the news talks about.
> civvies do need mortars
You previously said for self defence. Again, id like to see you defend yourself from a mugger with an 81mm HE round. If youre talking about the system they have in some nordic/baltic countries in terms of localised heavy weapons/ammo stores in case of invasion then sure why not.
> join for the love of killing people
Kinda hard to love something youve never done. You are literally delusional. People who go into recruiting offices and say 'i wanna kill people' get turned away. You have no idea what youre on about.
> your X Y and Z because I say you are!
And youre some armchair wannabe with opinions formed so far from reality you might aswell be in a different fucking dimension. Get off pol and seek help, you pathetic excuse for a man.

> talking about fun parts of your job which involve weapons on a weapons board is bragging
Wew

>fella
>he just dropped the f bomb
shots fired.

You might not need a mortar for a single mugger, but for a gang of muggers (paid by your money to kill or kidnap you) hiding near your position..........

Attached: FB_IMG_1564862134671.jpg (999x936, 56K)

So many posts, no pictures of privately owned weapons.

Sounds like a britfag thread alrite.

>defend the fact that the state denies the people's rights to keep and bear arms and then dangles it over them as a recruitment tactic... on a weapons board
Wew lad

Attached: 1563244935032.jpg (801x1078, 363K)

It was in the first sentence, what did you expect, Brits flexing their extremely illegal drug dealer purchased czs?

Attached: 9615.jpg (320x280, 71K)

Calm your autism, it was chained and not loaded.

that would be cool

Attached: cz.png (633x542, 457K)

Attached: FB_IMG_1564962941766.jpg (630x960, 52K)

There is not a right to keep and bear arms in the UK. Firearms ownership is unfortunately not a right but a privilege here, as much as I wish it was otherwise. Saying 'why do they do this in this country with X laws when country Y does Z!' is a completely incongruous argument.

And its not dangling anything over people. If they want to purchase a firearm, they can go through that process. Its not as if the only way to get hands on a firearm is by joining the military. Hell, you can own, drive and shoot tanks here as a civvie. But again, if you want to use current military kit and equipment in a military environment you have to be part of the military.

they better make that shit double plus illegal.
need to hurry up and make murder illegal as well.
and ban them both! they need more bans. on knives, forks, spoons and fucking sticks! ban everything!

>Nobody is going to shit themselves over being flagged, me especially, however it's extremely bad practice even with 0 chance the firearm can fire. A pointed gun is a threat, a firearm should always be treated as if it's loaded.

Calm down noguns, you're not impressing anyone with your autistic rambling.

Criminals have defaulted to guns because the butter knives for bucks program was so successful. oi, oi

>And its not dangling anything over people.
Above I was told that if there were no weapons on the table nobody would come over to talk to the recruiters. Was it a lie?
>If they want to purchase a firearm, they can go through that process.
Not to get a semi-auto centrefire like the SA80
>if you want to use current military kit
Military kit is sold at surplus stores all over the fucking place, hell airsoft is pretty big in the UK and there's brands that make tactical kit for civilians to play with. Why beat off about military kit when that shit was tossed away for pennies and sold for cheap for decades? It's not special.

The rights described in the American constitution and it's ammendments are rights inherent to all humans, however tyranny in the veil of rampant statism has claimed it's conviscation of these natural rights to be normal and it's occasional distribution of them to be privileges instead of gifts from a thief.

Attached: FB_IMG_1554936347972.jpg (540x801, 28K)

> buy 50 pack of plastic knives for £0.99
> get £1 a pop at the buyback

Attached: 1564250402929.jpg (641x534, 85K)

>Protestants may have arms for their defence suitable to their conditions and as allowed by law
1689 Bill of Rights.
It has been ridden roughshod though, through many methods of dubious legality.

> was it a lie?
People come over to play with the weapons. Its literally just people like 'ooh, whats that?', not this evil overlord dangling firearms infront of civvies desperate for firearms like youre imagining. The weapons are a talking point and something for people to play with, thats it really.
> not centrefire rifles like the SA80
Because thats the law. Shit sucks, as I explained above. But people can still own firearms, and nobody is going to join the army just to get to use a semi auto over a bolt action or .22.
> why beat off about military kit
Id like to see you buy an L7A1 and a Eurofighter at the local surplus store. Nobodys beating off about it. When I said kit and equipment I meant actual military weapons and vehicles, not fucking webbing and mtp trousers.

That sounds great, isnt gunna change anything here though unfortunately.

>another episode of autist who doesn't own a gun spergs out thinking they'll magically generate a bullet in the chamber

Attached: 1520882599614.jpg (480x531, 32K)

Talking might not change things...... but some messages don't need words.

Attached: FB_IMG_1559659420704.jpg (865x452, 36K)

>The weapons are a talking point and something for people to play with
because they wouldn't come over otherwise, ffs
>Because thats the law
And it's just massively convenient that if you want a "ebil military style salt rifle" you can only handle them as part of the military. Funny how that works.
>Id like to see you buy an L7A1 and a Eurofighter at the local surplus store
I don't typically call jet fighters "kit" but I guess that's british slang. "Kit" is typically stuff you can bring on your person aka your battle-rattle.
Mentioning multi-million dollar military hardware is outside the scope of the argument. Only a small fraction of those who join military get to pilot it so it doesn't even make sense to brag about the """"kit"""" you can't purchase on the civilian market, even if you join you're statistically speaking not going to sit in the cockpit either.

> waaah the law
If someone genuinely has such a hard on for select fire rifles that theyre willing to join the army for it then sure. Firearms culture here is not the same as in the US. Seeing as you arent even British, why are you even addressing these issues to me when most of what youre on about is related to either the 2nd amendment or US gun culture? Bit pointless. Its like me talking to an Volkswagen mechanic about an Audi. Not gunna achieve much.
> kit
How nice of you to lecture me on my own nations slang. Kit is a ubiquitous term. If I said 'the royal navy has some decent kit', im referring to their warships and the like, not their overalls. If i say 'pick up your kit', that would refer to battle rattle, daysack etc or whatever. However, seeing as we were discussing firearms and not webbing I would have thought it wasnt hard to discern what i meant.