Why do people still buying non-semi auto shotguns?

I'm wondering why. Browning auto 5 was invented in a freaking 1898, but still there is fuckton of people buying pump actions or even double barrels for self-defence. I don't know any reasons for it besides of price. Can you explain their logic?
youtube.com/watch?v=2_LEfNFMAys

Attached: 5bdfc951523a3e3b5589c611e6b0ff.jpg (1920x1440, 267K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wizchan.org/b/catalog.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>defence

Yep. I'm talking about self-defence especially.

I use a Hatfield break action single shot 12 gauge. I use it because it was 100 usd

plastic hulls are inherently unreliable in typical semi-auto designs

How many times you have used it?
Not all hulls are plastic.

Because i wanna be a cowboy

aesthetics > utility

Only twice but it gets the job done. I use it for trap and I can hit as many clays as my friends with more expensive guns.

I recommend as a buy.

>I recommend as a buy.
Thanks but I'm not a poorfag.

I don't know why you would buy one for self-defense purposes, but nothing beats a double for hunting or clay sports.

Plenty of people own shotguns for other reasons than defense.

Weird loads that might not cycle the action of an automatic.

Why someone should use a weird load?

This. I'm not saying shotguns aren't practical guns but if I only wanted a practical gun it wouldn't be a shotgun.

Attached: 1530411592775.jpg (1600x900, 289K)

It makes sense for cops who might need to shoot tear gas, bean bags, rubber bullets, etc. It doesn't make sense for the average person though. I have two benellis (Cordoba, which uses the inertia system, and M4) and they both cycle everything from fiocchi trainer loads (the weakest ammo that I know of, only 5/8 oz shot) up thru 3" magnum slugs, magnum buckshot, turkey loads, etc.

I don't see how this is relevant.

You can easily swap out the barrel on a pump shotgun, they can chamber all sorts of rounds without having to worry if the pressure will cycle the action, they're easy to maintain, they''re cheap, they work.

A pump action will cycle any ammo I put in it. The auto 5 I had wouldn't. The Saiga I have won't.

All skill is in vain when an angel pees in the touch hole of your musket

I award you 5 points for obscure old firearms reference

the ammo isn't there for it. no autoloader will feed cheap walmart shit and high class shit. also all 12gauge mags i've fucked with are just FUCKING SHITTY EVERY GODDAMN ONEa 12 semi ain't like a fucking ar user their shit meme gats. pump or bust get good skrub

My Mossberg 590 has an easy disassembly, spare parts on the rack, and it's easy to clean. Add to that it only cost $300 out the door.
There's also a psychological factor. Less chance of going full banana and having it look like your some First Blood LARPing nutjob. Perception is everything in a trial.
My man. Bought an old single tube 12 for my buddy, $75. He keeps a load of rubber rounds on it, no way those things will blow the fucker up.

Attached: 20180704_193302.jpg (4032x2268, 2.57M)

it's cause the choke is nonexistant is perfect for clays... is a shit gun though user... doesn't even eject the shells and anything other than walmart yee yee birdshot gets stuck in the chamber.... it will fit in a backpack though...

Some of us aren’t spastic soibois, so working a pump is not a problem.

Because manual-actions are more simple and reliable than semi-autos. Former are also less picky when it comes to ammo, and you can use the various sub-caliber inserts with 'em too.

Following that is the two subjective matters, first being local laws. The cancer-people love to ban semmys, but pumps, levers, bolts and single-shot guns are much harder to forbid.
Last point is price. Some people simply don't wanna spend 1k USD on a single gun, when they could get four for the same price.

Attached: 1546376302327.jpg (3640x2305, 3.87M)

Show me a full wood and metal semi auto shotgun that's been around since the 1950s, still shooting perfectly and is smoother than butter in its action with a price tag of $120. Until you can do that, there are many well made and functioning pumpers that I would rather buy than any Semi Auto.

wizchan.org/b/catalog.html

Cut shells basically turn any load into a slug, but they don't cycle in semi autos

>I don't know any reasons for it besides of price.
If price wasn't an issue, I'd have a dozen AH-64E flying over my home.

A double-barreled shotgun is cheap as fuck, anyone can afford one, it's efficient, it works, it's reliable, it's bomb-proof, it shoots anything, and it's better than anything else at this price range.

vepr is a good shotgun.
one of the rare semi's that can reliably cycle all shotgun ammo, which is generally problem for most other semi auto shotguns.

In many places, semi-auto are more restricted than manual action guns.
They are more expensive, more finnicky with ammo, heavier, more complicated to use.
In front of a court, they also appear more intimidating, while the good old pump or double barrel dindu nuthin seems less threatening, more like grampa's hunting rifle, while someone with a Saiga 12 will be called a natzee.

Specialty loads, price, ensuring function in extreme climates, and personal preference are the ones I can think of for pump actions.
With double barrels, there's tradition, local laws, and again, personal preference.
This whole ruckus about guns not cycling properly with low power ammo, I'll choose to believe is a myth perpetuated by people who have gas driven semis and no interest at all in cleaning them. My Benelli M2 has worked flawlessly for over 6000 rounds, most of them being piss weak 24 g loads for skeet shooting, and my mate who has an SX3 he treats better than his wife shoots maybe half of that every year, also with no issues.
The takeaway here being "treat your gun well".

>Perception is everything in a trial.
Then its not a trial, is it.

Water, mud, "bad shells" a good pump with heavy rails is reliable when it comes to a follow up shot above all other systems.

>angel pees in the touch hole of your musket
Narwhal bacons at midnight

Maybe try not loading shit rounds?
>going full banana
What?
>look like your some First Blood LARPing nutjob
Implying you should care about others' opinions.

>In front of a court, they also appear more intimidating
Huh. Does it really matters in your country?

>"treat your gun well"
This.

I’ll preface this by saying I personally have a semi-auto for home defense, specifically a Mossberg 930.

1.) Pumps are often cheaper and can still be shot at a decent rate of fire.

2.) Semi-auto shotguns have come a long way in terms of reliability, but can still be finicky when it comes to using different ammo and need to be tested for reliable cycling when shooting something new (as you should with any gun).

Because double barrels and pumps are cheap, and mostly people aren't enthusiasts.

Then you're naive and most likely underage

>no autoloader will feed cheap walmart shit and high class shit.

My Remington 1100 and Benelli M2 have no problem feeding everything from cheapo walmart shit to 3" mags. Maybe you have shitty autoloaders, or you don't take care of them?

>Narwhal angel touches the pee hole of your bacon musket at midnight

fixed

This. Bought one for a range toy but I've never had an issue with anything from cheap Walmart bird loads to buck and slugs. Using both factory and sgm 'stendo mags. Never tried their drum though.

Pretty sure it would matter in every country if you ever get to court. Just imagine some fat blue haired feminist cunt as the judge and some tranny of color as the prosecutor. Imagine you popped Jamal with an ultra tacticool Molot VEPR with folding stock, drum mags, picatinny rails everywhere, VFG and light. The face they'll made. "THIS FUCKING WHITE MALE IS A NATZEE AND OBVIOUSLY WAITED FOR THIS POOR PERSON OF COLOR TO ENTER HIS HOUSE IN ORDER TO KILL HIM. YOU ARE JAILED FOR 1000000 YEARS"
Now imagine doing the same, but with a good old side by side shotgun "aww oh cute, this is definitely self defense"

Semi auto shotguns are far less reliable than pump. Why anyone would use either instead of a semi auto rifle in an intermediate or even pistol caliber is beyond me.

He is right and you know it, bootlicker.

>some shells wont cycle in a semi
>a pump will always cycle
>i would rather have to work the action everytime than half the time

Attached: 1452223019797.png (625x626, 5K)

>Semi auto shotguns
*some semi auto shotguns
>Why anyone would use
In my country only smoothbore guns are available from 18 years (Russia)

I think his point was that you used the British spelling.
Because they've never been in a gunfight and know nothing about fighting.

>they've never been in a gunfight and know nothing about fighting.
This.

Cheap and pumping shotgun is cool.

Attached: 1534167326852.png (792x658, 650K)

>cool.
No. It's for masturbation-loving incels.

What's going on big guy?