8m3 Ammo

Do they really 'fragment like pistol hollow points'? or is it a memeround?

Attached: machacadores por frijoles.jpg (390x260, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0ENhmMKuaVU
youtube.com/watch?v=CcZPqzhZ53g
youtube.com/watch?v=-fQGPZTECYs
thetrace.org/2019/08/el-paso-mass-shooting-8m3-ammunition/amp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Probably not

The manifesto was tailor made with anti gunner talking points, very suspicious.

It's literally bottom of the barrel shit ammo

Seems legit but hard to find. Why wouldn't a 124gr fragmenting projectile moving a 2400 fps be effective?

Why don't you type "8m3" into youtube and find out you ignorant gorilla.

youtube.com/watch?v=0ENhmMKuaVU

I would consider pic related to be much more effective.

Attached: ek 7-16-15 pm 009.jpg (640x480, 39K)

How close are those to M43 .mil loadings in trajectory?

>fragment like pistol hollow points
Oh boy.

Attached: 51A38DEE-821D-48EB-BA4C-9F48CD6ABA0E.jpg (1080x987, 484K)

no idea, are you asking because you'd like it match your optic reticle?

Moreso the iron sights. But optics too, yes. 8m3 matches up for my 107CR pretty well.

It bounces off every bone in the body. Bang, I shoot you in the foot and it comes out your ear. I saw it in Nam. Many such cases.

It's not, it's also not loaded very hot unlike 8M3

The point is to enact gun control. It's the accelerationists belief that this will result in a civil war, but the truth is that a bunch of people won't turn in their guns and the government won't ever look for them.

>it's also not loaded very hot unlike 8M3
It uses the same charge. Camdex invented a bullet pull and put machine just for this line of ammunition.
youtube.com/watch?v=CcZPqzhZ53g

>Hornady SST 2350 FPS from 20" barrel
>8M3 2400-2450 from 16" barrel

SST is weak.

Any idea what velocity 8M3 would get from an RPK barrel? 23" if I recall

tbqh 7.62x39 doesn't get that much extra velocity from moar barrel
But 8m3 is hot

hollow points don't fragment they expand

These are scoured to enhance fragmentation

7.62x39 isn't good at killing people, just buy an AR in 5.56

Cringe

is there somewhere to read about that or are you in the industry?

Great bullet though.

You must go back NOW.

Most pistol hollow points are not designed to fragment, they're designed to expand (5.7 not withstanding.)

The few gel tests I could find on 8m3 are that it seems to fragment somewhat reliably.
So to answer the OP's question:
No, it doesn't fragment like a pistol hollow point, because pistol hollow points don't usually fragment. 8m3 however from what limited gel tests are out there seems to.

sgammo took down their 8m3 offerings. Not sure if they sold out or what. Wish I had bought more when I had the chance

Shit was up just earlier today, also included in their newsletter that went out today. It's gotta be because they don't wanna get caught in the cross fire. Glad I got mine when I did...

Pretty crazy, I got an email from them this evening with 8M3 and 8V3 advertised

7.62x39 doesn't gain to much velocity from longer barrels, but it doesn't lose it from short ones either badly.

probably 100FPS max.

Fuck, I was gonna buy some. There's no way they're just gonna ditch it.. Right?

Hard to tell with Sam when something will be discontinued or if he's just bullshitting to move more product. My understanding is the 8m3 was a custom ordered round so normally the ammo plant makes them buy in at a minimum amount if they're gonna do a production run.

It will probably come back in stock but if you want a substitute now, it looks like they still have a bunch of 8V3 (made by Vympel not Uly) which should be similar in effect.

I see. Well thanks for pointing me towards the 8v3

Read in a news article that the El Paso Walmart shooter used 8M3. I figured to get it now before they ban it so I picked up a case.

There was only 5 left on the site. Now it looks like SGAmmo killed the pages. Hopefully they still honor my order.

and it's back on the site. Looks like Sam was just doing his usual trick of not listing the entire stock. Truly a master merchant.

never order from SGammo, they are sleezy and scumbags

sup 107cr buddy. Wasnt a popular model by Arsenal so had to say hi like a sperg.

8M3 is back in stock

Cheapest ammo tho, they just get fucky after any mass shooter, but that's any online merchant

I have been on Jow Forums for 11 years and not once have I ever in any thread seen anybody refer to Tulammo HP rounds as 8M3.
All you faggots cry about Tula left and right and some dickhead kills people with it and now you act as if it's been this hot thing you've been using all along.

Never trust HP ammo with a bimetal jacket.
But close-up gel tests make it look like it does more than ice pick often times.

>not knowing what 8m3 is

Apparently sgammo paid Tula to make a run of 8M3 for civilian sale. The authentic ammo is a scored hollow point, performs like a prefragmented round. Can't speak for this stuff, though

ordinary tula "HP" is not 8M3

I know exactly what it is, I'm saying you faggots are bandwagoning like crazy.

>Tula
Uly. Tula is just the branding.

Evidently not

It's not, some of it has cuts in the jacket you can feel with a paperclip but it still doesn't preform like actual 8M3

Yep, seen test of the most recent batches. Compared to the original import Uly 8m3 it fails to fragment in a significant portion of rounds fired. The old Uly stuff seems to go pop 100% of the time though.

Not great results shooting at logs

Attached: E6891D6A-E903-4C0D-874A-BD5FA6E32A1B.jpg (3264x2448, 1.28M)

Well yeah, I was referring to the brand but wasn't the Tula cartridge plant just taken over by Uly? I'm not aware of which plant produces what, but it's Tula branded

Surely you'd want the projectile to retain mass against cover?

You're a fucking idiot. You're not going to see any expansion on a log.
youtube.com/watch?v=-fQGPZTECYs

For those just tuning in, 7.62x39 is kino against cover

Attached: thisisbait.png (625x626, 66K)

m855 is the shittest issued cartridge as to date

my rpk does 2541fps with wolf 123gr fmj. I dont have a 16" 7.62x39mm ak to chrono.

Attached: rpk47.webm (1024x708, 981K)

thats pretty damn good

Nice, if this stuff was true to spec it should run a little hotter than wolf, right?

in all my velocity testing and recording wolf has always been very weak compared to proper US ammunition and military ammunition. For example wolf 55gr 223 will do 2700ish out of a 14.5"barrel while 55gr m193 will do close to 3000.

Also 7.62x39 is garabge

>the most ubiquitous military cartridge is garbage

Attached: 1557115569501.png (1000x432, 165K)

It'S cOmMoN soO iT's tHe BeST

Attached: you sauce.jpg (555x656, 121K)

>"muh m855 ice picker is da best"

Attached: j1.png (211x239, 6K)

Sam currently showing 13 cases & 85 100 rd boxes of UL07628M3 available.

Is this ammo any good?

they'll probably just relist it when the heat dies down. worst case scenario they sell it as generic tula, might be worth giving them a call

>14.5" barrel
Haha

>14.5" barrel and uses m855

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1469745752228.gif (230x175, 1.94M)

Lessons of today’s mass shootings:
>Not wearing armor won’t have you killed
>An AR-15 isn’t necessarily going to make more victims than a WASR-10

the guy just mentioned wolf 55gr and m193, never m855 m8y
8m3 is pretty nice from what Ive seen in gel though and I like how well the fmj defeats cover despite the less impressive wounds.

didn't day 5.56 or m855 was the best (pic related)
just a data point, I don't use a 14.5" 5.56

Attached: ak74m ak105 resize.jpg (2400x1620, 1.57M)

I use it all the time and if I had to do any far shots I keep a few 75gr BTHP

It's depressing how dopey the 102/4/5 look

I have killed 2 deer with old 8M3. It works pretty good

Wouldn't it be harder to clean?

thetrace.org/2019/08/el-paso-mass-shooting-8m3-ammunition/amp/

Wonderful.

>thetrace.org/2019/08/el-paso-mass-shooting-8m3-ammunition/amp/
Nice

And so the hit pieces begin. It's funny tho, cuz I can't tell if this article is against 8m3, or if it's an advertisement for it!? Personally, I bought a thousand rounds of this shit ammo last year, and it groups like complete garbage out of my RH10 and Romy G. It was totally dissapointing. Now I'll probably just sit on the 400 rounds I have left cuz it'll be worth something 5 years from now. Those article is fucking retarded either way. The Trace is the Anti Gunner version of Media Matters.