Body armor recommendations? With the recent events, looking into backpack bullet proof inserts for EDC

Body armor recommendations? With the recent events, looking into backpack bullet proof inserts for EDC.

This seems affordable and light.
ar500armor.com/ar500-armor-body-armor/backpack-armor/ar500-armor-backpack-plate-iii-lw-9825.html

Opinions?

Attached: AR500.png (600x603, 465K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YSK4U2Poo0k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ceramic plates retard. AR500 is for poor people and/or retards

Phone books tucked into plate carrier because poorfag

Just get pic related.

Attached: 9766FCE390534531A0911D5EDBDA5391.jpg (1280x720, 303K)

back pack armor is a meme and will not save you from all rifle rounds. Nor getting shot in the front. It's a stupid gimmick, industry preying upon retards
Mass shootings are EXTREMELY rare events in the first place.

>ceramics
>1 and done
>need to xray to check if ok
>5 year shelf life
>drop to prone and they break
>expensive

Bullet resistant backpacks are retarded. Not even level 3A, those are just there to profit off fear marketing.

Level 3+ seems okay for non-AP ball rounds. I always wanted to have body armor regardless

5 chances to not be retarded, and you fucked up every one.

lel does this work?

prove me wrong

Attached: what emails.gif (491x270, 1.14M)

We will find out if I ever need to use it

As far as I understand it, ceramic's advantage is the lighter weight but may be more thick. But the insert linked is only 5lbs which is lighter and thinner than most. Since it's highly unlikely to be in a mass shooting like comments above, AR 500 seems easier for edc in a backpack.

AR 500 armor better than leaving armor at home because bulky.

Its rated up to a .44 magnum. The whole idea is just stupid, so might as well just have a stupid backpack for it too.

Is there a shelf life for your Level IV plates?
Yes, per NIJ standards there is a 5 year shelf life on our Level IV plates
Are your level IV plates multi-hit capable?
Our Level IV plates have been tested to withstand a single hit from armor piercing rounds with a hardened steel core, such as the 30-06 M2 AP round. However, when tested against mild steel or lead core rounds, our Level IV armor does exhibit multi-hit capability.
>does exhibit multi-hit capability.
>capability

Attached: 1438828970557.gif (200x183, 428K)

>two mass shootings in a week
>rare
Fuck off, kids are dying, you sick fuck.

Okay no need to be triggered, they are statistically rare still.

People are literally getting gunned down every day, retard.

Could you put the bullet proof insert into a plate carrier in case of full out boogaloo?

Or does the flat profile make it uncomfortable as body armor?

Highcom for steel, Hesco for ceramic. Those are the most cost effective options for both. If you want a combination plate there's quite a few other options, but most stick with either steel or ceramic.

Maybe I'm not looking at the same product from Highcom but a similar sized Defender CAS Insert of 9"x13" costs $619. Is poor fag, is AR500 armor the better option?

and how many of those are nigs shooting up mid night basket ball games?

Think of the children, user! Fuck off

Attached: 1564859392917.jpg (500x324, 35K)

Attached: 1564841781495.jpg (640x409, 32K)

>>Nor getting shot in the front.
Considering most kids would be running away from a shooter I don't see that as an issue. I'd love to see the testing the backpack went through and see what it's effective at stopping.

Do people not realize you can wear a backpack on the front of the torso...? Improvised plate carrier if you tighten the straps I guess.

I realize that but a bunch of school age kids aren't going to be rushing a shooter are they?

You guys don't carry laptops and stuff?
I didn't really mean this thread to be about school age kids in the first place lol. More like the daily office worker who has a backpack for his stuff anyway.

Seems like a good thread to ask in:
What does Jow Forums think about the sling bags from Vertx? They seem pretty good to me; plate pocket, quick access weapon compartment, doesn't look tacticool. I've been eyeballing some of their bags for a while now. Anybody have input on them? Maybe a less expensive alternative with similar functionality?

Attached: VTX5008-RGN_1_2048x[1].jpg (400x250, 10K)

youtube.com/watch?v=YSK4U2Poo0k
retard