Utilitarian Gun Collection

What would Jow Forums consider to be the most utilitarian guns/gun collection that you can own? What I mean is if you only wanted to have guns to fill specific roles very well. So no "meme guns", mil-surp, or guns that are too obscure/niche. The point is to have the smallest collection possible, but enough to cover all of your bases. Not all of us want to have dozens upon dozens of guns that take up space in our homes to collect dust and never get used. This is what I was thinking:
>Basic bitch AR-15/AK build
Semi-auto rifles chambered in a common and effective intermediate cartridge. Ammo and parts are plentiful and cheap. They're not going anywhere so long as there isn't another federal AWB. Either an AR or AK is fine, but if you had to pick one then I'd probably lean towards the AR. They serve as good all-around guns that can fill many roles from CQB to mid-range with the right training and optics set up. Either one could also make a decent hunting rifle if absolutely needed.
>A "battle rifle"/semi-auto chambered in a full powered cartridge such as the .308/7.62x51mm.
Think of AR-10s, FN SCAR-17s or PTR-91s. Similar to their smaller cousins but chambered in a more powerful cartridge. These rifles could be great for hunting much larger game, and engaging targets out to further ranges. While not ideal due to their weight/bulk, these could be used as an all-around general purpose rifle to substitute AR-15s and AKs if needed. You could also substitute a semi-auto battle rifle with a bolt gun if you so desired or if you live in a freedom-hating state.
>Literally any decently made striker-fired 9mm.
A general purpose sidearm chambered in a stupidly common bullet with a proven track record. Just having two, one to compliment each of your two rifles mentioned previously, is definitely sufficient for most people. Do I need to say more?
>12 gauge shotgun (Pump or semi-auto)
This one is very obvious. Very versatile guns with versatile ammo selection. Need I say more?

Attached: 1553222032994.jpg (400x426, 91K)

And just to add to all of that; This brings your total utilitarian gun load-out to just 4-5 guns. I was also thinking of adding some sort of bullpup rifle, such as a Tavor or Steyr AUG, to the list as that could make for a decent rifle for folks that live in dense urban areas. But I am also hesitant to include those to the list since bullpup rifles definitely have their negatives such as the lack of parts availability, shitty triggers, and funky ergonomics. What do you all think?

if you're talking about in some SHTF LARP scenario, yeah sure a .223 AR is obviously good.

I wouldn't on top of that go with a semi auto .308 but rather a lightweight .308 bolt action (a bullpup chassis wouldn't be a bad idea here), as it wouldn't be your preferred weapon for self defense anyway, and same goes for the shotgun because I think a semi-auto 12 gauge would just be unnecessarily heavy if it's used only for hunting.

Being a dedicated poorfag, I think this way too.
You're already going overboard. Pick one rifle. You don't need three. I picked a basic ar15. A battle rifle might be better but it's more weight and more money,
It all depends on where you live. If I lived in the country I'd be content with .38/.357 revolver and lever combo and 12g,.22 and .308 bolt. The only reason I want an AR is because I live in the city and if things get bad they get really bad.
So my innacity minimalist loadout would be
>tiny carry gun, on you at all times
>larger carry gun that is 9mm
>ar15
>12g is optional but who doesn't have at least one scattergat?
>boltaction is optional, any sniper fantasies just aren't happening.
>a pair of .22s is great, pistol and rifle.

Agreed. However, when I mention semi-auto shotguns, I am talking about guns such as the Mossberg 930 series, FN SLPs or Benelli M2/M4s. So none of those magazine-fed ones like the Saigas or Veprs. I agree that those can be too heavy/bulky or simply unreliable at times.

In reply to

>”a pair of 22s is great
You bet! Those damn squirrels are always plotting shit and you never know when they’ll rise up!

I can't imagine leaving out a bolt gun at all, but I've always been a precision guy.

That and bolt guns will likely always be ban-proof.

PSA stock standard AR15
Glock 17
Glock 19
Maverick 88

>t. A utilitarian mega-poorfag

5.56 AR-15 rifle or pistol
.22LR rifle
.308 bolt-action rifle
12 gauge pump shotgun
9mm compact handgun

Others have mentioned bolt-actions, and I'll throw one out there: a Mauser action hunting/sporting rifle in .30-06. Ammo is plentiful, can be found pretty much anywhere ammo is sold, and loadings exist to deal with any animal in North America (maybe not the best, but can be done). Mauser actions are easy to fix if something goes wrong, and parts are plentiful. They are reliable and proven, and CRF adds a margin of safety in an emergency situation. They are lighter than a comparable semi-auto and are easier to carry as they have fewer protrusions and things sticking out. They are easy to clean.

The purpose is hunting and innawoods defense against animals (two or four legged).

This is acceptable
Never would have thought of that. Thanks for your suggestion.

souless

Gee, 2(TWO) Glocks?

> some 357 smith or ruger
> a 12 gauge
> an ar15
> some yeet cannons

I dont see bullpups as essential, if you were to add a gun to the above id go with a small pocket gun or 10/22 rifle.
The pocket gun gies eveywhere, no metal detector, no problem. If you can manage to not play with it in your pocket you can have 11 shots of 9mm in a normal pocket even in a mens swim suit.
A 22lr rifle fed via mags is also great for everything and can be very quiet when need be

need a bolt or lever(if your autistic). also a 22lr rifle semi or manual doesnt matter. alsoi dont think the 9mm handgun has to be striker fired. da/sa hammer is good too.

I'd swap out the g17 for a ruger 10/22. In a shtf larp scenario, taking squirrel, chipmunk, etc. would be essential for survival.

I would take a pump 12 gauge for the ordeal. The sheer availability of ammo means plenty to scavenge, that other wise itd just go to waste. Also, I'd go pump over semi because some pumps wont handle a light load. Fact of the matter is even if it's just target loads you'll be happy to have more useable shells.

I see what you're saying. For a pocket gun, I was thinking of the M&P Shield, or the HK VP9SK. If I were to get a Ruger 10/22 it would absolutely be the take down model. Bullpups seem to be too niche. If I had to get one, I'd probably get the Steyr AUG. However, if you already have a 16" barrelled AR-15 or AK-style rifle then a bull pup is probably unnecessary.

Rifled 20ga shotgun.

That's all.

For me personally it would be
>basic mossberg with an 18" barrel and a field barrel for bird hunting
>.308 bolt gun for deer and other large game
>compact 9mm for concealed carry
>AR15 or AKM for home defense/race war

AR10 build. Depending on what you put on it (probably a low power variable) you can kit it out for longer range engagements or front door knockdowns.

AR10s are pretty common, nowhere near as much as the AR15 ofc but finding parts if something broke is more or less plug and play

">AR15 or AKM for home defense/race war"
Based and red pilled

Attached: Champion Duck.jpg (232x293, 9K)

>AR with freefloating handguard and magpul fixed stock
>bolt action in .308
>Side-by-side shotgun in 12 gauge
>Glock 42 or 43

If you're in an Assault weapon ban state, replace the first two with a lever action in .308 and add a synthetic stock.

>bullpups
The only thing I can think of is a Tavor.

When will the meme that a bolt action gun is more accurate than a semi-auto finally fucking die?

There's also the Steyr AUG, which is a pretty dank bullpup. But if you already have a 16" AR/AK build, and you're trying to keep your collection basic, then it's probably pointless.
But is it really a meme though?

Kek. Better tell every single one of the worlds top shooters in every single precision competition they're all wrong.

Budget bolt action .270 or .30-06, it doesnt matter if its old or new production as long as it was less than the equivalent of $500 at the time

If you have a specific budget, yes. A $400 bolt action will be capable of shooting tighter groups than a $400 AR. A $3000 bolt action will be capable of shooting tighter groups than a $3000 AR 10.

Yes, it is a meme. The only things bolt actions have going for them over semi-automatic rifles is they tend to be cheaper compared to a semi-auto rifle of the same caliber/MOA. That, coupled with the fact when you are doing precision shooting you have no need for rapid fire abilities, means that's why you still mainly see hunters and precision shooters only rocking bolt actions.

Thank you for understanding. What I'm trying to get at is that bolt actions aren't inherently more accurate, just usually better at being precise for their cost. There is nothing mechanically stopping a semi-auto of retaining the same accuracy and precision of a bolt action rifle, just that a semi-auto is inherently more complex and tends to cost more as a result.

Your minimalist loadout is 3 more guns than OP, with .22s. Your list sucks.

Are bullpups a meme?

Pure effectiveness, ar15 and glock 19. 2 guns. That's it. Throw in a 12 GA shotgun or a 22 if you want.

Pretty much any reliable AR15 which all modern ARs are reliable
Ruger 10/22 takedown
any polymer 9mm striker fired pistol but Canik is a great poors choice
Maverick 88

Spend any and all remaining money on reloading supplies, good quality ammo, and optics

Attached: 55925778_2297412520515050_4338037047655661568_n.jpg (720x837, 56K)

PSA AR-15 rifle/pistol
Maverick 88
Hi-Point pistol
That's about as utilitarian as it gets