Handgun General /hg/

They walk among us edition

Attached: 1563213912740.png (322x527, 148K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunbroker.com/item/825078129
gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/MRFA915F
gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/761226086949
pastebin.com/gs6mLNik
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yeet

First for berettagang

Attached: 20190601_174726.jpg (5312x2988, 2.82M)

Yeah

Begone glow nigger

I'm about to head out to grab a P365 for my first real concealed carry, anything I should know first?

I put some talon grips on mine, and I really like the way it improved the handling. It's good out of the box, but the grips helped a lot

Holy shit Shields are cheap now.

Under 300 for a 1.0 and around 350 for a 2.0.

If you ask for the 15 round extended magazines when you're looking at it the clerk will die a little more inside.

Weren't those selling for 220 a year ago?

I was talking LGS prices, PSA is still going crazy at 250 for 1.0s.

>/hg/ general
>not /glock/ general

>op is literally they walk among us
>posting your spaghetti collection with body parts clearly visible

my 92fs might put the spaghetti in my western but come on guy.

I bought a PPS M2 for less than 300 and regret nothing.

Attached: IMG_20190603_150242.jpg (1920x1080, 1.31M)

whelp, there was a "mass shooting" in ohio yesterday, probably because people caught on to how bright the one in El Paso glowed so quick. DeWine is boomer RINO cunt so looks like I'm putting off buying that PPS for an AR.

>posts a registered handgun and pellet rifle
Perhaps you're correct, although this isn't a new picture. I wish I could say that I have faith in our justice system but we shall see

I actually got to shoot one of those about a year ago, thing had a pretty nice trigger for a striker fired gun

I own the G43 and find it exceptionally accurate by any measure-I am able to clover lead 4 out the 8 rounds at 10 yards. I and my students fired at least 600 rounds I fast non-stop drills with zero malfunctions. I am a retired SO armourer and lead FA Instructor and do the same with my own shooting school now. Why I did not consider a SIG 938--it's double action only like the 1911. Our agency out-lawed D/A pistols years ago for being in-safe and I agree. Our own SWAT members were getting shot. Plus, you have to do something before firing which you might forget in a stressful encounter. How will you "de-cock" a P-938 when your hands are bloody or wet? These factors make all D/A pistols unsafe. The G43? It's warp speed fast--you just pull the trigger!

Jow Forums is pretty easy to troll, but this is coming on too strong kid, you threw the hook out with no bait.

I bought a 1.0 when they first came out (2008 I think), for 599.99, and that was the going rate and they were very hard to find.

Single Stack 9s are the best value in pistols nowadays and theres really no excuse not to have 2 or 3 of them.

gunbroker.com/item/825078129
Anyone looking for a keltec CP33 this guy is selling them for 489.26 with free shipping and no CC fee. They have 18 left in stock

Steiner came in boys

Attached: 20190803_153515.jpg (2880x2160, 2.7M)

I hate how Jow Forums is always falling for new retarded trend. What's that, the new flavor of the month overpriced laser shit ?

How's the trigger?

They where 70% off on opticsplanet a few days ago.

would a scoped .22wmr revolver be neat to have?

Attached: 1500141604814.jpg (400x222, 8K)

It's a good light and was at a huge discount. Chillax senpai

Honestly anything is "neat" to have. But yeah I'd definitely take one

>police/military grade light and laser unit from a world class electrooptics manufacturer for the same price of a regular surefire without laser
>overpriced
Be honest, how poor are you?

The P365 has crushed guns like the Shield, PPS, and G43/X/48

hey do u liek vidya games bro

Breaks-in and smooths out well, consistent weight of roughly 6lbs, short pull and reset. There's a 2mm takeup, a wall, then a 1mm pull to the break. The desire to polish the entire striker assembly is possibly serial specific and unnecessary. The people that actually called customer service to bitch about the trigger pull were fingerlets. The break is a very stiff snap that jolts the frame if you're firing with one hand and it's the only thing I dislike about it. Actually shooting the thing is fine. It has low recoil and pretty good magazine grip extensions.

>Powerline 770
Hello, fellow Chad.

Jericho. Worth it?

But not really though, what its done is forced them to cut profits in order to better compete with the P365, this is a good thing.

For me, a I'd rather have a "beater" CCW (like a Shield or PPS) or in other words a quality gun at Taurus and Kel-tec prices.

I shoot the shit out of my CCW (and buy a spare) so the Shield at 250 makes much more sense to me.

No, it's just a decent CZ clone.

Is the cutout in the grip of Gen 5 Glocks as big of a deal as they’re made out to be?

No, because no-one bitched about it with the gen2s, people just love to save something to bitch about to try to differentiate McPlasticPistol 1 from PlasticPistolKing 2 its all the same thing basically.

Who gives a fucking shit. Of course the glows are among us but don't go the other routes of the extremes by becoming a schyzo.

Big enough a deal that Glock removed it for all subsequent guns and didn't even put it on the alternate versions of the G19.

Gen 2s didn't have the same thing noguns, the one on gen 2s is like 1/16" the one on gen 5s is 1/2"+. No comparison.

no, it absolutely didn't retard

What deal are you talking about ?

Does a Pre-B slide/barrel fit on a newer frame? Looking to switch between calibers on my CZ75B. I found a really cheap parts kit on GB.

Attached: 1564788471700.jpg (802x600, 42K)

omg are you fucking for real? and i missed this...brb im gonna go scream into a pillow.

wait nvm i want the rl, not the pl.

They ran out of stock pretty quickly. Got mine for $230 shipped, and got it a week later. I haven't taken it to the range yet but it seems pretty decent

You don't have to pull the trigger to break it down and if you let the takedown lever go back up with the slide off you need to push the slide release up while pulling the takedown lever. If you don't know this your slide won't go back on and you will think you broke your gun. Also, yes, the mag spring is supposed to be that tight.

Attached: download.jpg (286x176, 7K)

ill buy it for $250 shipped when you hate it.

Attached: images (6).jpg (212x238, 9K)

You know it nigger. I have a KAC suppressor in jail too for it.

It was either the SBAL or the TLR2 and since it was such a good price for the Steiner, I went for it. I would have wanted a red laser but it's okay.

Nice user
Fuck the haters

My nigga that shits tight!

Yes, it's literally the CZ-75, but better in every way, especially the slightly larger slide that feels just P E R F E C T in your hands

>better in every way

Attached: 1564262446594.png (847x788, 476K)

I just traded a CCP that I liked a lot, and want another Walther. I'm torn between the PPS or PPQ SC (using the 10rd mag with pinky grip) I really don't ever plan to carry seriously, but I like the idea that I could if I felt like it. I know the PPQ is thicker, but they're about the same height. Any reasons for one over the other? Triggers about the same?

slav?

I see you glowing OP

Attached: vvve.png (741x744, 481K)

no u

Is that an 880? Freeze!

theres literally no such thing as """""glowniggers""""""""
move along

where's that boomer meme from 2012 about people putting all their private information online and the CIA/NSA having all the personal data on those people they'd ever need? yeah, don't do that, the glowniggers have that data center out in Utah for that very purpose. Agent Jamal White is probably jacking it to user's toes RIGHT NOW.

i need a recommendation for a pocket pistol (380 or 9mm). something automatic to replace my trusty 38. thanks in advance.

Ruger LC9

How much worse is the EC9s?

Gonna be honest senpai I have no idea what that is but I'll assume something similar. I'd watch some YouTube reviews from reputable and certainly not salespeople guntubers before making a choice. Alternatively going to a gun shop and fingering both

A lot of reviews I've seen have been pretty positive for it; it's an economy version of the lc9, one of the cost saving measures though is just using integral fixed sights. I don't know if you can put a new slide on it and change that later but I've been seriously considering getting some kind of single stack 9mm compact by doing something quite silly - i.e. trading in my norinco sks.

If you have bearlike hands, you probably won't like the 19. I have normal hands like longish fingers and the 17 suits me just fine. I'm about 5mm from the edge of the cutout from my pinky.

The PPQ triggers are better, but those arguably have the best factory striker triggers. Buy according to what you'll be using it for. I favor double stacks and the PPS isn't especially lighter or shorter than the SC but it was too good of a deal to pass on at the time. Now that I have one I really appreciate how much thinner and lighter it is over my older ds compact.

The EC9s has all the updated parts but they put a shitty finish on the slide and the slide serrations are shallow for some reason. The grips they used on pistols from that generation are pretty slick so anticipate wrapping it up.

Shield is better and only 50 bucks more, and you get replaceable sights and the option of no fucking thumb safety.

Sucks Ruger didn't discontinue everything but the LC9s Pro.

Finally got my Pistol permit a week ago Jow Forums

Picked up a 19 for CC and a USP .45 because I've always wanted one

Attached: 20190726_2322452.jpg (3101x1490, 1.52M)

I've got a Glock 17 and I'm looking to buy another 9mm handgun to go with it, here's my needs:
-target shooting mostly, also plinking
-not for CC (yuropoor), 4 to 4.5" barrel
-not overly expensive

I've shot several popular handguns like the P226 (not liking the high bore axis and fat grips), the CZ Shadow 2 (good ergos but too heavy for my weak ass), 92FS (don't like it at all), the VP9 (too close to a Glock 19/17 and HK parts/accessories are hella expensive)

I was thinking a commander sized 9mm 1911 but I've heard some negativity about 1911s in 9mm, or a P320 (which has the same high bore as the 226 I assume)
If you guys have any suggestions please tell me.

Fuck I cant wait for this to be me, I'll probably nab a P320 for CC and a USP in 9mm, great picks user

STI 2011

Entry models are over 2000€, too much for me but thanks.

The negativity on 9mm 1911's is not mechanical, it's caliber bias. If you want a single action 9mm then the Hi Power is what you should look at next.

Convince me I'm not funding ISIS by buying a Canik. I want one but the MADE IN TURKEY puts me off.

Hi power shoots much worse than 9mm 1911's but is more reliable/works better

Jesus christ this thread.

You can get a US/German-made P99 in the Magnum Research MR9. I don't know if they're discontinued or not, the price seems to indicate so, but you should be able to find a like-new used one for under $400, I regularly see them in the low $300s.

It's not a P99 copy like the TP9, it's literally a Walther P99 85% made by Walther in Germany.
www.armslist.com/posts/9947360
gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/MRFA915F
gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/761226086949

Not liking the fat grips on the P226 is 100% legit, but the bore axis? That isn't a flippy gun, what didn't you like about the high bore axis? Just that is exists?

And what didn't you like about the 92FS? I'm guessing the grip because the P226 was also large? Consider maybe an M9A3/Vertec then?

Anywho, there's nothing wrong with 9mm 1911s but they are pretty magazine-finicky so depending on the make you may need to play musical mags until you find a brand that works.

What other guns are available in your country? Do you have M&Ps? P10Cs? PX4s? Check the pastebin not in OP for more suggestions
Pastebin:
pastebin.com/gs6mLNik

Attached: 2 of 3.jpg (2200x1467, 526K)

t. big retard

Oops wrong pic

Attached: p99s.jpg (2400x1209, 947K)

My bad I should have been more precise: I meant the tactical guns like the TP9SFX or the Elite Combat. They're just so well priced but I really really don't want to give them any money.

>P226
I have small-ish hands, I couldn't get a good hold on it, it constantly slipped and I believe the higher bore axis didn't help with recoil. I only shot one mag through it before returning it so I'm not an expert, still learning obviously.

>92FS
It was a milsurp gun, was rattling all over the place, left a bad impression right off the bat. The guy who let me shoot it said most people aren't accurate with it. I wasn't.

>1911
Those will probably be my final choices, I like the slim single stack ergos. I'm still unsure which one to get, the American brands can get very expensive very quickly. There is the Desert Eagle/BUL 1911 made in Israel.

>What other guns are available in your country? Do you have M&Ps? P10Cs? PX4s?
Everything but Hi-point and FN basically. Just on a 100 to 200% markup for some brands. M&P 9mm 2.0s are 800€/$900 for instance.

>another Walther P5 about to end
owO

>M&P 9mm 2.0s are 800€/$900 for instance.
yikes

>dat p210

i'm mad

that shit cost an arm

That's why I try to avoid anything made in USA because import fees + tax + proof testing + dealer's fees all add up to be a 100% increase in price at least.

If you like single stacks and live in yuroland where everything is already expensive, why look for something cool like a HK P9, HK P7, Walther P5, or Sig P210? Or even a Luger?

What is the best polymer frame striker fire compact pistol to get as my first handgun? I'm talking glock19, s&w2.0, ppq, p320, etc.

How does the cz p10 compare to the g19? The cz is basically a clone but I don't own a carry 9mm yet.

I'm looking for something I can shoot often, not a collectible or a camera prop.
The P210 (recent models) are obvious dream guns but they're 2000 to 3000€, I'll never pay this much for a gun.
Lugers don't attract me so much and I'd always see it as a cool collectible, not a "tack driver".

Just get the G19 and a bunch of ammo and shoot the shit out of it.

CZ P10 optics ready? APX RDO? IWI Masada?

What's up with that? There are 2 about to end, both really well priced. Did I miss something?

The American ones are surprisingly inexpensive, especially the Standard which you can get for around $1,100!

There is no best, whichever one you like is what's right for you. Those ones you listed are a great start, go handle them at a gun store or better yet rent them and form some opinions!

Apart from both being the same size, both striker and post plastic they're not very similar. The P10C, imo, is better in virtually every way. Especially price and human-centered ergonomics.

Attached: p2kr.jpg (2200x1467, 311K)

Don't buy any gun without trying it first and don't listen to people making absolute recommendations anonymously over the internet.

Oh shit nice user. How much?

>CZ P10 optics ready? APX RDO? IWI Masada?
heh those guns aren't really comparable, they fit the "carry optics" category, not the "duty tactical" world.

Based

>that pic
Does it come in safety orange?

Attached: orange-rust-oleum-professional-protective-enamels-7555402-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 51K)

They're not? How so? The P10 comes in 3 sizes, the APX comes in 4 sizes, both guns are well vetted and made by world-class manufacturers who have been around the block, and Beretta was confident enough about the APX to make it their submission for the US Army MHS. The Masada who knows what sizes it will have or how reliable it is but for now it's g19 sized. You're saying a g19 MOS doesn't qualify as "duty tactical?"

Explain if you would please.

No but it comes in clear!

Attached: pix409656539.jpg (640x483, 99K)

I will be living in dorms at a university soon, and I gotta try to find something to carry that won't ever be seen. Literally considering the credit card gun single shot .22 to keep from being barefoot while never worrying about anyone seeing it

The EC9S seems like a good college-fag carry option. See if you can't find a range or store and finger fuck one.

Attached: Ruger-3283-EC9s_3.jpg (1350x900, 404K)

>Literally considering the credit card gun single shot .22

Just get a normal gun and keep your mouth shut about it.