Loaded chamber indicators are pointless. Is it really that hard to remember to chamber a round?

Loaded chamber indicators are pointless. Is it really that hard to remember to chamber a round?

Attached: LoadedChamber.jpg (630x301, 59K)

Kinda but it's a nice bit of assurance that a round was stripped off the mag when you racked the slide. Now front slide serrations, those are useless.

Loaded chamber indicators can and have failed. Want to make sure that the round properly chambered? Press check. Or you can just have faith that your gun properly chambered (which it almost always will). Loaded chamber indicators are a meme to the highest degree

>Kinda but it's a nice bit of assurance that a round was stripped off the mag when you racked the slide.
What kind of gun do you have that you have a problem with the slide somehow skipping over a cartridge right in front of it.
>Now front slide serrations, those are useless.
Ironically, some of the earliest automatic pistols had front serrations ONLY.
Press checks are just as stupid as chamber indicators. Just drop the slide on a full magazine.

Probably bait, but loaded chamber indicators are very useful in the LEO community where you load and unload your gun everyday. Need to double check that you have around in the chamber when your agency may not allow press checks in the manual of arms.

Considering how many ND's Jow Forums has apparently it's very hard to remember.

>loaded chamber indicators are very useful in the LEO community where you load and unload your gun everyday.
Why the fuck would you ever unload your gun, especially as a cop? If I were a cop, I wouldn't get caught dead (no pun intended) without a loaded gun on me.

The only acceptable way to unload your gun is by pulling the trigger.

>more information is useless

>What kind of gun do you have that you have a problem with the slide somehow skipping over a cartridge right in front of it.

It's the reverse logic of visually inspect the chamber to confirm it is unloaded. Sure usually it will chamber a round, but if you are trusting your life to that round in the chamber, you want to be damn sure it is in there.

You are an idiot dude. When your shift ends, you lock your gun up(in every country that isn't the USA). You unload your gun at that time.

It's worse than useless. It's a distraction.

>Sure usually it will chamber a round
What kind of piece of shit gun do you carry that it can't reliably chamber a round? Do you think you're going to have time to look at the chamber indicator when you reload in a gunfight?

I wouldn't know. I'm not from a completely cucked country.

>Just drop the slide on a full magazine.
Deny an extra round in my gun? No thank you.

Better than press checks

Imagine its almost pitch black. You take the gun, and want to check if its loaded without giving away your position. What do you do? A loaded chamber indicator that is tactile is the best solution. If you feel for it and its out, then you're good to go.

>It's a distraction.
Sorry about your ADHD or whatever dude. When the average person is being cautious and safe without compromising anything, the moron is careless and confident around dangerous tools, funny how that works.

This is just another "HURR SAFETY FEATURE BAD SAFETY PRACTICE DUMB I DON'T WANT TO IGNORE IT I WANT IT GONE FOR EVERYBODY" thread.

I only unload for cleaning/disassembly or dry fire practice. I always treat my forearms as loaded because they always are.

It's not to remind to chamber, it's to remind you thatt you *DID* chamber, and ys, retards who would otherwise have ND'd have been saved by these otherwise seemingly retarded things

>Sorry about your ADHD or whatever dude
Attention is a limited resource for everyone.
>When the average person is being cautious
The average person knows almost nothing about gunfighting.
>and safe without compromising anything
You are ALWAYS compromising something. Nothing is free. Every second you take to look at some stupid chamber indicator is a second you're not focused on your front sight.
The purpose of a gun is not to prevent accidental discharges. The purpose of a gun is to win fights.

yes, I am sure people do brass checks exclusively in a firefight against twenty culturally enriched soldiers, where they diverge their limited attention to check their chambers out of the blue.
Do you even own guns you sheepdog larping dipshit? The average gun owner spend most of their time not engaging in firefights, handling guns without firing them, people will have plenty of time to make sure everything is in check as they should be. People brass check when they are picking a gun out of storage, cleaning, putting it down, transporting it, or when the gun could have been touched by someone other than you. You are literally not talking about the same thing with the rest of us normal human beings because you are a stupid schizo.

Why is it so dark?

>The average gun owner spend most of their time not engaging in firefights, handling guns without firing them, people will have plenty of time to make sure everything is in check as they should be.
Because the average gun owner is a fudd or an amateur who carries a handgun more as a fashion accessory than as an honest to God weapon. If I am wearing a sidearm, it's loaded, no exceptions. If I'm cleaning it, it's field stripped.

I felt the same way but then I ended up with a bunch of pistols that had them and I like them now. It's nice being able to check there is a round in the chamber with out taking the thing out of battery. I especially like the tactile ones.

...pop the magazine out and replace the round that just got chambered?

Attached: 1564222660712.webm (480x600, 832K)

>Glock
Wouldn't have happened if he had a 1911.

shut the fuck up boomer
he didn't pull the slide back far enough for the extractor to withdraw the chambered round.

What did he do? Put hand over ejecttion port, racked slide and forced the round to rechamber?

Not only will the 1911 not go off cause of its manual safety, itll only go off half the time you pull the trigger cause it's a jamomatic piece of shit. So it's perfect for untrained dummies like you, very low chance of a ND since the gun hardly works!

I can't tell if this is ironic or sarcastic

I'm not a Boomer. I just don't see why you would want to pull the trigger when you're field stripping.
>he didn't pull the slide back far enough for the extractor to withdraw the chambered round.
Because he's an amateur. You pull the slide back as far as it goes.

>Nigger
Not very surprising

Attached: 1556549786271.jpg (720x736, 46K)

Short stroked it, probably.
Since the round is unfired there is a chance that the projectile got hung up and allowed it to be loaded back in.

My 1911 doesn't like to eject unfired 230gr XTPs since they are so long.

But this
is a result of retardation and can't be fixed unfortunately.

>itll only go off half the time you pull the trigger cause it's a jamomatic piece of shit.
Poorfag detected. Try buying a Colt instead of some foreign knockoff.

Everyone take notes this is the correct way to own guns.

Attached: MosqueKit.jpg (660x421, 51K)

Oh no somebody added more safety measures to a consumer product! How dare people want the ability to check if a firearms loaded in complete darkness!!!

Ones like that are stupid and decrease chamber support. Ones like the glock or FN handguns (probably others but I haven't handled that many) where it's just the extractor sticking up are awesome. I don't like the glocks because it's so low, but the one on the FN actually gives you feel and visual confirmation that the chamber is loaded. This is critical for people who use their guns on duty, so you can be assured you have a round chambered but don't have to chamber check everyday, which can unseat the bullet from the casing if done too many times. I guess you CC larpers should be checking your chambers everyday too, you never know if a family member or gf messed with your gun and took the round out, or if you just forgot to chamber one.

At this point I would be pissed if my guns didn't have an LCI, but I hate the way ruger did it. I jumped on an LC9s over the regular LC9 when they took that shit off. It's obvious they only put annoying things on so they can sell more guns when they remove the annoying features.

A gun isn't supposed to be safe. It's supposed to be deadly.
>How dare people want the ability to check if a firearms loaded in complete darkness!!!
You're supposed to load your gun before it gets dark.

I remember being 14 too, but are you going to be alright now?

These forearms are always loaded bro, suns out guns out

Attached: 67514457_863473020703096_463863516009332736_n.jpg (480x477, 27K)

>You're supposed to...

And then, one day, you don't.

And this is why what you said is stupid, people are prone to mistakes and everyone knows that.

>LCI is a distraction for me
aren't you precious.

removed magazine, pulled slide back, round stuck, let slide forward, pulled trigger like retard instead of racking slide all the way to eject round.

First you call me a Boomer. Then you call me 14. Which is it?
>And then, one day, you don't.
If you never unload your sidearm, you'll never forget to load it.

You’re too obtuse to realize the versatility of an indicator that enables you to see if you’re ready to go just by tactile sensation alone? I’m guessing you’re the type of guy who fails to see why safety transfer bars are a good ideal.

Bad comparison. A transfer bar is a passive mechanism designed to prevent a revolver from discharging in the event it is dropped on the hammer, which may be unavoidable. A loaded chamber indicator, on the other hand, requires the operator to waste time and mental energy in order to use it. When you draw your sidearm, the ONLY thing you should be thinking about is how to defend your life. It's fine to leave a gun unloaded in "dead storage," but a carry gun must always be loaded, no exceptions.

>Running your thumb along the top of your slide to see if your nightstand gun is loaded takes “energy”

Attached: 6D41A171-1D30-4E55-9C13-9FBB4058E0F5.png (398x582, 340K)

Mental energy. If you're futzing around with a chamber indicator, you're not focusing on your front sight.

ITT: People with actual training vs mall ninjas.

Guess which group thinks an LCI is worth a fuck. Anything short of a definitive chamber check is a half-step and you shouldn't own a fucking gun if you think otherwise.

Alright popeye

>Anything short of a definitive chamber check is a half-step
Define definitive for me, and watch how asinine the premise for your argument becomes.

retards who don't drop one in the pipe and drop the slide on it, then insert magazine, the extractor will slip over the rim and chamber.
today you learned something.

>actually do this
>extractor chips after the 90th time
>gun becomes jamomatic if you actually need it
Mag in, chamber round, insert gun in holster, remove mag, add one round, insert mag, insure its properly seated. No reason to put the extractor under unnecessary stress when it offers zero benefit.

Can you put eyes on a live round in the chamber?

I just drop the mag and reload with one that's topped off. I got some pos 3rd party mag that are so so, but they work great for getting the +1 load.
I use to do that, fucked the extractor.

Depending on the gun.

your nogunz is showing

Silly question - Is releasing the slide on a round in the chamber any harder on the extractor than when it normally cycles? What's the difference here, I guess is what I'm asking.

It's more stress. During normal operation the round tends to "slip in" under the extractor as it's stripped off the magazine. Slaming closed on a round forces the extractor face first into the round and to overcome more spring tension as it's forced over the round.

>an immediate visual aid to let you know if a weapon is loaded and has a round chambered is pointless
Shut the fuck up, you fudd-ass retard.

yes it is.
you're slamming the extractor onto the rim in the chamber, vs pushing the cartridge into the chamber, and pushing the extractor onto the rim.

not in a gun properly designed, ala anything with an external extractor. this was actually an advertised feature with the beretta 92 during the pistol trials in the 80's.

Awesome info, thanks.
This might sound like a no-brainer, but what about using the slide-release on an empty chamber with a loaded magazine?

>not having spare parts
>not being able to replace parts
>continuously manipulating a loaded weapon
gun should be loaded and put away, do not fuck around and play with your shit. Sounds like you are finger fucking your carry for no reason. There's no reason to unload and reload a duty weapon daily as a civilian and when press checks are a thing. Do what you want but brass is soft and extractors are hard and the worst that's gonna happen is you maul a case rim. If you break an extractor in this manner you have a shit design extractor, they should be springloaded

You don't chamber check your firearm ever? I don't unload, I still chamber check every morning before I holster.

>front slide serrations useless
im just here to tell you how retarded of a statement that is

you have to dryfire glock to field strip

>If you're futzing around with a chamber indicator, you're not focusing on your front sight.
What am I aiming at if I've just pulled it out of the nightstand and have yet to engage, retard

>I use to do that, fucked the extractor.
What kind of shit gun were you using?

Normal feeding in an automatic handgun is controlled round feed, but when you drop the slide, the extractor is forced to snap over the case rim.
You already have a visual aid to let you know the gun is chambered. It's called watching the slide fall on a loaded magazine.
That's what automatic pistols are designed to do.
Why? In case elves sneak into your room at night to remove the round from your chamber?
>I'm just here to make an assertion without any argument to back it up.
I know. My point is that's a stupid design. The 1911 doesn't have that problem.
So get in condition orange and stop playing with your gun.

Better yet, always keep one in the chamber so you have one extra bullet and you literally never have to worry about it again

Attached: 8D727F85-F6D8-4B09-A79F-A6F11D9BB0F5.jpg (750x745, 125K)

It's handy for failure to feed issues or if you put the thing down for a bit.

Yes, because burning through spares and risking a malfunction at the worst possible moment when there is obviously a better way is the tacticool thing to do.

This is the best post I've seen in a long time. Nicely done user.

>In this post: Tryhard larper

yes, that's how the fucking LCI works

It's sad because at first he keeps his finger away from the trigger like a good boy and then he fucks it up.

Overcast night in the countryside with a new moon autismo

amen

Same here, and even then I keep at least one gun loaded throughout the cleaning process.

There is usually some sort of 'hold' indicator or 'fire' or 'stop' if you can find that little 'ring' next to the bottom of the trigger guard. Most magazines come supplied with those but don't really matter, just pick one apart.

I'm not talking about anything inside the magazine. The magazine is the main source of ammunition, it houses the round. In this case the 'box of ammo' was the gun.

Is op's autism some backwards case of taking the "treat every gun as if loaded" statement literally?
>every gun is duty carry pistol for 24/7 operations
>every gun is loaded 24/7 because they are duty carry pistols
>since every gun is always loaded I never ever need to check to be sure
I think I've got this figured out. The dude probably only has one(1) gun and can't comprehend the idea that there are actual gun owners out there who don't carry or own other guns besides their carry, that their guns aren't expected to be cocked and loaded all the time and it's best to be inspected before handling.

It's a hold over from ye olde days when you officer would tell you when to load you gun and he deeded to make sure everyone was loaded with out having to press check everyone gun, there use to be magazine cut offs to turn magazine feed guns into single shots.

Sometimes I CC my 92FS because I can. Sometimes I OC my Desert Eagle because I can.
Sometimes I CC/OC something else because I can.

Short of being unloaded for cleanings, a few of them are store loaded while others are unloaded. So a chamber indicator is nice to have when I swap between the gats.

Attached: 20190804_152548.jpg (4032x2268, 1.96M)

>instead of racking slide all the way to eject round.
Sometimes the extractor is damaged or just didn't engage. You can rack the slide all the way back but if you don't check the chamber, you are still fucked.
I rack the slide while pushing the slide latch up. Round ejects (or not) but then I flip the gun over and actually look to see if the chamber is empty.

>The only acceptable way to unload your gun is by pulling the trigger.

Attached: 1536515712061.jpg (427x427, 21K)

>yes, that's how the fucking LCI works
if its working, sure. but there are failure modes of every LCI design that can yield false negative or positive outputs

>Is it really that hard to
Doesn't matter what comes after this; with dangerous shit, assume it is.