How do we fix it?

How do we fix it?

Attached: M249_Automatic_Rifle.jpg (2100x901, 403K)

Other urls found in this thread:

usord.com/weapons/m60e6
youtube.com/watch?v=6hsOrULshco
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CETME_Ameli
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

replace it

this

with what?

sell them to me and buy new ones

The KAC LAMG or the IWI Negev.

Build new ones and stop using parts that are 30 years old

teh pkm

PKM

Get rid of it.
Switch the military to a 308 case necked down to take the 270 Winchester bullet for both rifleman and gunners.

Put a banging donk on it.

The PKM is a GPMG you retards.

no its not

Don't rush B without one.

Attached: Israel_Weapon_Industries_IWI_Negev_NG7_Lightweight_Select-Fire_7.62x51mm_NATO_Medium_Machine_Gun_MMG (1900x1149, 143K)

MK48

/thread

Attached: 1464919710174.jpg (604x332, 23K)

>not .300 blackout

pleb

Itself. New barrels mean grunts are happy, and you spend enough to keep your budget but not enough to dry it up.

Take the claws on the mk48 that hold the belt in place when loading and put them on the 249. So many malfunctions and bad reloads could be avoided.

M60 was more a e s t h e t i c

they're not even the same type of weapon retard

Here. It's tougher, more reliable (don't believe the rigged trial data), and has greater ballistic efficacy.

Attached: gpmg.jpg (848x477, 125K)

Replace it with the Ultimax.

Attached: Section_Automatic_Weapon.jpg (1440x960, 360K)

Is that why the e4 shit the bed?

Just make it feed smaller cartrige and you get 5kg of fun.

The ultimax does seem like a great system. I've never understood why more nations haven't used it.

Yes it is, faglord.
>7.62x54mmR
>belt-fed
>quick-detach barrels

You put it on vehicles, hell, you bring it in a platoon, but it's not an LMG/SAW, Russia uses lighter 5.45x39mm RPKs for SAWs.

its too light to be a gpmg

Irrelevant, the design is lighter than most, but it does everything a GPMG needs to do.
In terms of features it's comparable to the M60E3, MG3, or M240B.

improve ergos

Attached: 1548574449158.jpg (1024x768, 219K)

Buy new ones.

>he's still posting
sucks to be a brainlet. the design of the pkm disqualifies it from ever being considered a gpmg, and the anemic, outdated x54r cartridge it fires ensures that it will only ever be suitable for use as a lmg.

Not an LMG, which you idiots are missing, and also the M60 had lots of problems which weren't properly worked out until the M60E5 and M60E6 models.

The US fields the M240B as a GPMG, and it's better than the old M60 models it replaced, whether or not it's better than the new M60E6 I think is up for trial, but it's not worth the money to make a sidegrade when the only problem with the M240B is that it's heavy, otherwise performing like a champion.

The question OP is asking is for a Squad Automatic Weapon, a light support weapon in an intermediate rifle cartridge, 5.56mm NATO.

Attached: 1348342858070.jpg (2032x1141, 486K)

It's comparable to 7.62mm NATO, it's in no way anemic.

7.62 NATO is a weak round

Comparable but slightly more potent.

Improve it’s reliability when feeding from a magazine and replace the current batch as they’re starting to get worn.

The M240B gets me diamonds every time I get to shoot that it. Not just is it perfect balance between power and recoil, it'll eat its ammo like the dirty slut it is whether it's pristine, dirty as fuck or anywhere inbetween and ask for more.

It is heavy as all fuck though.

kekaroo

I've had polarizing experiences with it. It either jams every 5 rounds or sucks foliage, twigs, and grass through the feed port and spits them out with the spent links, like a lawn mower.
Rucking with it blows though.

mk48 in polymer cased 6.5 CM

The epitome of when it's good it's great. Doing anything with it is a bitch. Hated having to move a bunch of them between ranges with the extra barrel, and tripod. Especially the old tube tripods that weighed a fuck ton, at least the new ones aren't to heavy.

Solution

Attached: m240b-machine-gun-002.jpg (1200x800, 119K)

M4 with a beta C-mag

LSAT

Redesign the gas regulator and shave off weight, if possible. That or what and suggested.

The M60 really just needs a proper A1 config.

Overgas the design and replace the barrel with a super thin pencil barrel. Remove the feed tray cover so that rounds just fall out as you fire. Replace the pistol grip with a california approved featureless stock and add steel weights to the receiver to make it harder to carry.

Get with the times bro

Attached: 2E971C21-A156-4A0A-804A-7AC7EF4C2E62.jpg (660x567, 37K)

Attached: rolled up newspaper.jpg (1300x866, 119K)

6" barrel

Not an LMG, and already in service.

Gentlemen.
I have the solution.

Attached: Richard-Ryan-M2-Browning-Ma-Deuce.jpg (474x452, 46K)

A new 249. Apparently it's a great gun when it's new but all the ones I've seen are beat to death. The KAC LAMG looks like a really good option but who knows how good its longevity is.

There was an A1, it was called the M60E1, and wasn't entered into production. Its improvements were included in the M60E2 and M60E3 models, which still weren't good enough.

If you want the M60 but good, you want the M60E6.

Attached: M60E6 (2).jpg (1080x1080, 150K)

Saw gunner = Aryan master race
Rifleman = nigger

Based and donkpilled

also heavy as all FUCK

All you need is a waist mounted swivel arm like out of Aliens.

Seriously, how hasn't this been done yet?

*blocks your path* usord.com/weapons/m60e6

I've seen that done with a PKM once I think. I wish I could find the picture.

>we

You never had to hump it son

You mean your mom? Don't be so sure.

TOP KEKS. Wow you're a certified badass, who could match that wit?

Or as meant, wiener childs like you can't carry it.

If I could lift your mom, I can almost certainly lift a dozen M249s.

Yawn

Yeah, she made me pretty tired too.

lamg is the way to go

Well considering there is a program to replacement ongoing, I'd say somebody knows.
Pic related being the SIG NSGW, chambered in 6.8mm

Attached: 1E700916-3374-4287-A2E9-4D00755B9C5E.jpg (1622x554, 352K)

Saw isn’t an lmg it’s an auto rifle bud

We got the 240L now which helps the weight issue

It is the definition of an LMG

Attached: Screenshot-2019-8-4 Light machine gun - Wikipedia.png (230x222, 28K)

Replacing the 249 with the PKM would be a net positive, ignoring supply issues. Change my mind.

Well lubricated and well taken care of, I have never had a failure with the 240b that couldn't be fixed with a plain ol slap of the top cover and racking the bolt.

when you get some beat ass trash that the armorer couldn't give two fucks about, you get failures.

Weirdly enough, my experience was the opposite. When I carried it, mine would only jam after lubing it and would seem to function better the dirtier it got.
The other 240s in my platoon weren't as lucky. We had one were some retard had carried it by the handle without hitting the carry switch for a while and the barrel locking lugs were destroyed, to the point where it took 3 dudes to get the barrel off. The thing would also not fire unless it was immaculately clean and overflowing with CLP.

Patrician choice(s), sirrah.

There's two versions fielded with the Army, an "automatic rifle" and an "LMG."
The LMG is generally found in support units that set up in POG cities, while infantry units generally get the automatic rifle. Look at the two usable on codes in the TM.

Attached: 2e1lxv.jpg (645x729, 31K)

Sounds like it saw a lot of abuse.
I can imagine the lugs on that were peened and warped to hell, that's a lot of fucking weight to support.

Attached: M240 & M27.png (557x507, 119K)

> implying there is any other choice

Attached: Stoner63lmg-2.jpg (600x321, 60K)

The Stoner 63 is an old hunk of shit.

Attached: DELETE.jpg (600x532, 42K)

You shut your whore mouth.

Also, the modern version with the Space Age modular bullshit trimmed away is beloved of Gun Jesus. You are a bad person and you should feel bad and all your shit is gay and heretical. So there.

youtube.com/watch?v=6hsOrULshco

Attached: gun jesus approves of the kac lamg.png (816x476, 617K)

>tries to be everything, thus jack of all trades, master of none
>kind of only does ok as an LMG
>lots of small long term durability problems
>Seals loved it because they never had a beltfed 5.56mm before, 9 times out of 10 they used it in that config
The FN Minimi would have blown it out of the water.

You mean the wholly revisioned gun that does away with a lot of the stupid shit that nobody used and added worthwhile features? Oh yeah, I can believe that works, which is why the LAMG would be a good idea, as opposed to the old hunk of shit that's out of service for a reason.

By buying russian. PKP >> M249

Attached: 1564454942028.jpg (2250x1430, 2.45M)

7.62x54mmR isn't light.

Why in the fuck was this deleted?

Attached: k;fjdsalkfjsdklfsjd.png (1761x339, 94K)

janny may love FN

>Build new ones and stop using parts that are 30 years old
This is literally all it needs

>supply issues
POLAN has you covered: they make PKMs in 7.62 NATO

>Saw gunner = Mutt
>Rifleman = nigger
>Dedicated marksman = Aryan master race

We need an MG3 chambered in 5.56x51. 5.56s low recoil would be perfect for the MG3s retarded rate of fire.

Attached: mg3_l1.jpg (800x533, 186K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CETME_Ameli

Attached: ameli mg kkk (0).jpg (1161x761, 261K)

Jokes aside, what does the "shoulder thing that goes up" even do?

fixed

Attached: IWI_Negev.jpg (5468x2274, 1.52M)

It's so that you can rest the stock on your shoulder instead of actively holding it there. Kind of useful in prone or when you need to keep the weapon on your shoulder when reloading or messing with your equipment for whatever reason, but not very useful anywhere else. I like the sound it makes when you whack it to the closed position really fast.

It's called the CETME Ameli and people who have experience with them say it breaks down catastrophically about once a day.

Imagine that with pic related and in 7,62x39.
Amount of ammo would be nice.

Attached: Scorpion-660x377.jpg (660x377, 155K)